PDA

View Full Version : Now even I am frightened...

Kamikaze
03-19-2003, 05:13 AM
All of those terror warnings over the past year and a half have been total BS, including the orange alert a few weeks ago. But now...as we're ready to invade Iraq, I'm suddenly taking the orange alert we have now seriously. I fear lots of innocent Iraqis will die, which is perfect cannon fodder for retaliatory strikes against us by terrorist groups.

Suddenly, the threat to us all is seriously real. As much as I fear for my own life, I also fear what is going to happen if we happen to go to Red Alert. http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020312-5.html It's likely we'll lock down into complete martial law/police state mode, which can't be good for ANY of us, especially if they don't let go of their increased power after any attack/threat as abated. Really, I feel like the terrorists are the ones winning the war right now, and our strategy is sending us toward the path of destruction.

If we had let inspections continue and kept up diplomatic pressure, we could have only guessed if another attack would have came. Now that we're going to war, a terrorist attack is certain. I'm pissed as hell, but there's absolutely nothing I can do now but continue to exercise my free speech and prepare for the worst. In exercising that speech, I found a couple links for your reading (dis)pleasure.

http://www.walden3.org/lies-usa2-sm.jpg
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0316-08.htm

Seeing as I live a mere 3 miles from the Sears Tower while at school, and routinely use the L, I'm scared out of my mind now. Right now I'm in the suburbs on spring break, but before I go back I'm going to urge my mom to stock up on some extra food, and to make sure all the vehicles are gassed up. If there is an attack while I'm in the city, I don't think I stand a chance, but I definitely want her and my brother to be safe.

Anyway, I urge all of you guys to take this orange alert SERIOUSLY and be ready for anything, especially those of us in major cities.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 05:22 AM
Well, personally I work at the primary power plant that supplies electricity to San Francisco, and a "Primary" target for terrorist activity.

Quite frankly, I refuse to let any alert of any color affect me. What will happen will happen, what we are doing over there is the right thing to do. That to me is the bottom line.

You wan't to know how to win the war on terror?

You don't let the terror affect you, thats how.

Kamikaze
03-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, personally I work at the primary power plant that supplies electricity to San Francisco, and a "Primary" target for terrorist activity.

Quite frankly, I refuse to let any alert of any color affect me. What will happen will happen, what we are doing over there is the right thing to do. That to me is the bottom line.

You wan't to know how to win the war on terror?

You don't let the terror affect you, thats how.

And that means we shouldn't hope for the best and prepare for the worst? Of course I'm gonna keep going to school but I'm sure as hell gonna make sure I don't forget that we could be hit anytime, anywhere, and that when it happens, I'm gonna do my best to stay alive and save as many people as I can.

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
And that means we shouldn't hope for the best and prepare for the worst? Of course I'm gonna keep going to school but I'm sure as hell gonna make sure I don't forget that we could be hit anytime, anywhere, and that when it happens, I'm gonna do my best to stay alive and save as many people as I can.

If it happens, then I'll worry about it, untill then, I'll let those that are paid to protect us do their job and trust in them. I have a mortgage to worry about, worrying about a terrorist attack isn't going to do me any good and worrying about it is what they want us to do, I refuse to give them the satisfaction.

*edited to highlight the word "If"*

SWS84
03-19-2003, 08:39 AM
You are just the kind of person the terrorist are hoping all of us become. I'm not trying to insult you, but how do you manage to walk without a backbone?

Steve

Muck
03-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I live right near Central Command here in South Tampa. There are board members here who work at MacDill. And we are not afraid. Sure, I'm leery of a terrorist attack. The war heightens tensions. But they're going to try and attack us anyway, war or not.

The point is, you can't go around being afraid. You have to stand up for what you believe in. This nation is founded on liberty and democracy. The privelige of doing pretty much whatever we want (within law of course). And this country will not be held hostage. We are righteous and will not let evil men dictate our daily lives. This is why the terrorists hate us. Because we have free will and do not fear many things. They feel it is THEIR responsibility to play God and make us afraid.

If we do suffer an unfortunate attack, you can bet that this country will unite in the same way we did on 9/11. That is what the terrorists didn't count on. They cannot and will not bring this country down.

The threat is real. But so is our resolve.

Scrap
03-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Terror is for those who become terrified.I work at a chemical plant, and I'm not the least bit worried.

iceblizzard69
03-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm not worried either, and I live in Manhattan, which is the same island that the Twin Towers were on. Luckily, I am on Spring Break for 2 weeks, but after that I take the Bus or Subway to school, and those are two targets for terrorist attacks. However, I really don't think an attack will happen, and I live my house so early every morning anyway that the buses at that time are empty. The only time I worry about terrorism is on a bridge or tunnel, because I think they are going to target those for some weird reason.

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 10:22 AM
First and foremost, the alerts are NOT for you and I. They're for law enforcement officials, and they are used to advise them to take certain pre defined actions/precautions. None of which invlove a suspension of habeus corpus or any other civil liberties allowed in the Constitution. You'd need a Constitutional Ammendment for that, I'm pretty sure CNN would have reported if there was one. As for terrorist attacks being "certain" now that we're going to take out Iraq, I'd like to ask you what the difference is between Iraqi muslims and Afghani muslims? Or Iraqi muslims and Somali muslims, or Iraqi muslims circa 2003, and Iraqi muslims circa 1991? In fact, the probablity is that much FEWER numbers of innocent Muslim civilians will die in this war than died in those conflicts I mentioned. The US has commited to using 80-90% precission guided munitions in this conflict as compared to '91 when only 10% of munitions used were guided. Lastly, I'll ask the question that has been asked 300 times, and never answered...Considering that we were attacked by Al Queda with NO provocation, or killing of Muslims by American troops, why in the WOLRD would you feel safer by us NOT attacking? We're not making the world measurably safer from terrorism JUST by removing Saddam, but we certainly aren't making it any worse. What people like you fail to acknowledge is that we've BEEN in a state of war with Iraq since 1991. We've been putting our pilots and troops in harms way ON IRAQI SOIL since they invaded Kuwait. This is not a new war, this is a final resolution to a conflict that has lasted over a decade. You want peace? Great, FINISH THE DAMN WAR!

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I've edited my post a few times now, I just dont feel like being mean. Must remember he's a fellow American but I at least got to say this:

Why am I not surprised at your fear?

Migs182005
03-19-2003, 01:49 PM
In my case, I dont worry because I put my trust in God. Whatever happens, happens because it is his will. I also refuse to spend every day of my life, worried about a terrorist attack that (I) cannot prevent.

And, I just want to mention this on the topic of innocent Iraqis dying in this war. Unfortunatley, it will be vurtually impossible to avoid civilian casualties in this war, but it will in NO way compare to what Sadam has done to his people. Sadam has killed thousands apon thousands apon thousands of his own people with chemical and biological attacks. This war has many factors involved in it, but one of the main factors is freeing the Iraqis from Sadam's power. The reason none of his soldiers, scientists, and people say anything to protest Sadam's governing is because he would kill them. This is no assumption, it HAS happened. When we defeat Sadam, all the soldiers and scientist will come clean because they won't have the fear of being killed by Sadam anymore.

Will people finally realize our cause when Sadam uses chemical weapons on our soldiers. Is that what it's going to take for people to finally realize that Sadam does have these weapons?

No one wants war, but we have given Sadam over a decade to disarm and he has not. It is time to finish the job President Bush did not finish back in the early 90's. I pray that all Americans will come home safely and that this war ends as soon as possible.

God Bless America :patriot:

Justasportsfan
03-19-2003, 01:54 PM
I beg for food and change in the corner of any street. I dare them to shoot me!

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by justafan
I beg for food and change in the corner of any street. I dare them to shoot me!

Um....huh?

iceblizzard69
03-19-2003, 02:18 PM
I think the world will be a lot safer after the war, however, I never saw Iraq as an immediate threat to the USA. I want Saddam out of power and I want the USA to remove him because of the threat he poses to Kurds and that he doesn't comply. I didn't think he would attack the USA now, but he could have later, and I think it is best that he be immediately removed. One nation that I do see as an immediate threat is North Korea. They are very close to having nuclear weapons, they threaten the use of them, and they can hit the West Coast with a missile that contains a nuclear weapon inside. I am not scared of a terrorist attack, I don't think one will happen, but North Korea does scare me.

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think the world will be a lot safer after the war, however, I never saw Iraq as an immediate threat to the USA. I want Saddam out of power and I want the USA to remove him because of the threat he poses to Kurds and that he doesn't comply. I didn't think he would attack the USA now, but he could have later, and I think it is best that he be immediately removed. One nation that I do see as an immediate threat is North Korea. They are very close to having nuclear weapons, they threaten the use of them, and they can hit the West Coast with a missile that contains a nuclear weapon inside. I am not scared of a terrorist attack, I don't think one will happen, but North Korea does scare me.

The difference is that Korea ONLY lends itself to a diplomatic/economic solution. You've got a power which is probably already nuclear, in a geography which is GREAT for defense, and a people who are madly supportive of the regime. No way do we ever invade N. Korea. Further, they've got so many economic problems, that they're much easier to contain. As for them ever launching a nuke at us, we CAN defend against a couple of missiles...what's dangerous is someone who is willing to sell portable nukes, and this time N. Korea's geography works in our favor since everything that goes out of that country has to go by ship, and is much easier to track.

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Anyone see the documentary on North Korea on Cinemax last night? I only caught the last 30 minutes of the hour long show. It was good, and very informative. They had great access and interviewed both south and north Korean soldiers. It highlighted how destitude North Korea is, and how thriving (economically) South Korea is. It was sad, seeing how bad of shape N. Korea is. They interviewed a guy who fled and he said few know how bad it is because they are so secretive. They kill anyone who opposes them, for anything. There are hundreds of thousands starving because their economy is so bad. They only support the govt because like in Iraq, they will be killed if they dont. I saw all them troops and then a light bulb went off, they are only in the army so they can have a decent life, everyone else is broke and starving. It's sad, something needs to be done but it's very complicated. It does seem though, that there are good voices of reason on the S. Korean and neutrel sides.

One more note, the fact that N. Korea is dirt poor, actually makes them MORE dangerous, as they could resort to selling their nukes and weapons. See Russia.

poornate
03-19-2003, 04:47 PM
:lol:

PhinPhan1227
03-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

One more note, the fact that N. Korea is dirt poor, actually makes them MORE dangerous, as they could resort to selling their nukes and weapons. See Russia.

Again, N. Korea has a somewhat unique situation. They can't move anything north because it would have to go through China which is against anybody but them getting more nukes. They also can't go south because S. Korea isn't going to let any nukes get across the most heavily fortified border in the world. That leaves shipping it by boat, which is MUCH easier to control than monitoring land routes. If N. Korea becomes too much of a threat, it would be perfectly feasable to board and inspect every boat that leaves a N. Korean port. We already board and inspect many of them now.

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 04:55 PM
Good point 1227.

t2thejz
03-19-2003, 05:09 PM
I dont need to worry i live in vermont where a lot of americans dont even know its a state

Migs182005
03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
:lol:

You have a very good point there my friend. :tongue:

I live in Florida. I think I'm pretty safe :lol: based on the fact that it's not a major target (besides Disney World)

but the whole world knows we're a state. :rolleyes:

So much contreversy :argue:

LeftCoastPhin
03-19-2003, 05:57 PM
IMO though, we are in no more danger than if we weren't going to war. It's been established that we are a target, with our without attacking Iraq. It's best to be proactive. The best thing we could do for national security is to close the borders, but that's a whole other issue. I'm far more concerned about terrorists cells having easy access across the border than I am anything else regarding terror.

jtown777
03-19-2003, 06:58 PM
You can't live in fear. You just can't. If you do, then in your world, the terrorists (spineless bastards as they are) have defeated you. Death will come upon us all at some time or another. And I'll be damned if I'll let some punk a$$ terrorist group dictate to me how I live my life. F--k that. I have always been prepared for anything. Yeah , "prepared", not paranoid. I am an American. And damn proud of our nation and all we stand for. IMO, this is absolutely necessary. We cannot let these genocidal maniacs run rampant throughout the world. It breeds the very lawlessness and unfathomable episodes of terrorism we have sufford through over the past several years. And believe me, there's more in the works for us. We must rid the world of this scum. And when we're finished with SODDOM-izer, we put the munch on any of the other threatening snatches out there (i.e. N. Korea, etc.). There is no time like the present. Do it well, do it now. I 've read and appreciated everyones point of view and opinion. So this is mine. God bless our troops and their families and God bless us and America.

One more thing. If you have substantial evidence of terrorism in your nighborhood, don't be afraid to pop a cap in thier a$$. We're all in this together.

GO U.S.A.:patriot:

themole
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jtown777
You can't live in fear. You just can't. If you do, then in your world, the terrorists (spineless bastards as they are) have defeated you. Death will come upon us all at some time or another. And I'll be damned if I'll let some punk a$$ terrorist group dictate to me how I live my life. F--k that. I have always been prepared for anything. Yeah , "prepared", not paranoid. I am an American. And damn proud of our nation and all we stand for. IMO, this is absolutely necessary. We cannot let these genocidal maniacs run rampant throughout the world. It breeds the very lawlessness and unfathomable episodes of terrorism we have sufford through over the past several years. And believe me, there's more in the works for us. We must rid the world of this scum. And when we're finished with SODDOM-izer, we put the munch on any of the other threatening snatches out there (i.e. N. Korea, etc.). There is no time like the present. Do it well, do it now. I 've read and appreciated everyones point of view and opinion. So this is mine. God bless our troops and their families and God bless us and America.

One more thing. If you have substantial evidence of terrorism in your nighborhood, don't be afraid to pop a cap in thier a$$. We're all in this together.

Damn...I believe I like the people of Lakewood CA.!

Obvously, You aren't breaking out with little a$$holes and crapping all over yourself.

The best way to deal with fear is to confront it.:patriot: :patriot:

iceblizzard69
03-19-2003, 08:20 PM

:up: :patriot:

t2thejz
03-19-2003, 08:40 PM
well said jtown:bandwagon

Scrap
03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Nice boat Jtown777.

baccarat
03-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Anyone see the documentary on North Korea on Cinemax last night? I only caught the last 30 minutes of the hour long show. It was good, and very informative.

I really wanted to see that but I don't have Cinemax. Hopefully it will come out on video.

Dajesus
03-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SWS84
You are just the kind of person the terrorist are hoping all of us become. I'm not trying to insult you, but how do you manage to walk without a backbone?

Steve

Wow that was so uncalled for. This is a horrible time in our history, and its causeing Americans to have a whole spectrum of emotions. To bash someone for his honest opinon on how he feels at this volitale time is just rude.

Myself, I am on board with most of you. Globaly I just hope this is over quick, and our soldiers don't have to endure this horror for very long. Locally I do have a little fear that another one of our cities will have to deal with cowardly terrorist attack on inocent people. Personally I am more concerned with getting promotted at work, my girlfreind graduating, so I can get out of this dreadfull state, and most imortantly if we are going to land Greise:lol: I just can't let any fear cripple or even impead on my life. The world is just a bunch of random occurances, and no matter how much you prepare more than likely you wont be prepared for the next.

LeftCoastPhin
03-21-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Dajesus
Wow that was so uncalled for. This is a horrible time in our history, and its causeing Americans to have a whole spectrum of emotions. To bash someone for his honest opinon on how he feels at this volitale time is just rude.

Myself, I am on board with most of you. Globaly I just hope this is over quick, and our soldiers don't have to endure this horror for very long. Locally I do have a little fear that another one of our cities will have to deal with cowardly terrorist attack on inocent people. Personally I am more concerned with getting promotted at work, my girlfreind graduating, so I can get out of this dreadfull state, and most imortantly if we are going to land Greise:lol: I just can't let any fear cripple or even impead on my life. The world is just a bunch of random occurances, and no matter how much you prepare more than likely you wont be prepared for the next.

That was kind of rude. I feel bad for my insult, I apologize. We should be rallying around and supporting each other, not insulting each other.

themole
03-21-2003, 03:42 PM
The world is just a bunch of random occurances, and no matter how much you prepare more than likely you wont be prepared for the next.

We're all just "Boogers" in the nose of life!:rolleyes:

Migs182005
03-21-2003, 03:56 PM

Damn it man, well said. :up:

Why spend every day of your life worried about an attack you cannot prevent?

Barbarian
03-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by themole
We're all just "Boogers" in the nose of life!:rolleyes:

Hopefully it doesn't decide to blow. ;)

themole
03-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Hopefully it doesn't decide to blow. ;)

Snot...to worry!:D :lol:

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 12:59 AM
i can't believe some people. here in calif, there is a memorial to general patton, in the desert, somebody spray painted his statue and the tanks last night!

themole
03-22-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i can't beleve some people. here in calif, there is a memorial to general patton, in the desert, somebody spray painted his statue and the tanks last night!

Whats up! partner in crime?

I can think of something around the 50 cal. range that I'd like to spray them with.

There is no excuse for this and IMO represents a total disrespect and hatred for our country. We do not need the likes of them breathing the free air of the U.S.!

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Whats up! partner in crime?

I can think of something around the 50 cal. range that I'd like to spray them with.

There is no excuse for this and IMO represents a total disrespect and hatred for our country. We do not need the likes of them breathing the free air of the U.S.! actually, it was probably some stupid kids. they painted "stop the war" and "death to americans" and "praise allah", but they spelled allah "ala"!:lol:

themole
03-22-2003, 01:26 AM
actually, it was probably some stupid kids. they painted "stop the war" and "death to americans" and "praise allah", but they spelled allah "ala"!:lol:

If it was out in the desert as you said, that means they are old enough to drive and therefore old enough to know better and should be made to pay some kind of consequence.

How about sixteen weeks at Pendelton or Paris Island. Eight weeks of Ft. Bragg or Benning with that sign hung around their neck proclaiming "death to Americans".

Recon that might give them a change of heart?

Better yet.....send them over to the middle east as a free agent for a year.

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 01:31 AM
If it was out in the desert as you said, that means they are old enough to drive and therefore old enough to know better and should be made to pay some kind of consequence.

How about sixteen weeks at Pendelton or Paris Island. Eight weeks of Ft. Bragg or Benning with that sign hung around their neck proclaiming "death to Americans".

Recon that might give them a change of heart?

Better yet.....send them over to the middle east as a free agent for a year. i can't believe as much crap went down because i said *****head and not militant!. a friend of mine puts a pair of pampers on his head everytime he sees somebody wearing a turban and he doesn't get as much crap as we did!:rolleyes:

themole
03-22-2003, 01:40 AM
i can't believe as much crap went down because i said *****head and not militant!. a friend of mine puts a pair of pampers on his head everytime he sees somebody wearing a turban and he doesn't get as much crap as we did!:rolleyes:

Yea...06, I agree! Total BS, but as usual those of that ilk always are appeased.

Who is it...3W or Shelby that has that fat thumb sucking babythat they put up when they want to depict someonr crying?

I would like to have that. :lol:

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 01:46 AM
Yea...06, I agree! Total BS, but as usual those of that ilk always are appeased.

Who is it...3W or Shelby that has that fat thumb sucking babythat they put up when they want to depict someonr crying?

I would like to have that. :lol: the squeaky wheel always gets greased!:rolleyes:

Barbarian
03-22-2003, 03:26 AM
oh gawd... somebody call the waaambulance...

quit crying, y'all made some F'd up remarks, got called out on it, and got showed up... all this crying and whining after the fact is only making you look even worse.

PS: I agree about the kids and the statue, send those kids that did that to the stautue to Marine corp bootcamp and see how they feel.

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 12:26 PM

quit crying, y'all made some F'd up remarks, got called out on it, and got showed up... all this crying and whining after the fact is only making you look even worse.

PS: I agree about the kids and the statue, send those kids that did that to the stautue to Marine corp bootcamp and see how they feel. :rolleyes:

themole
03-22-2003, 12:58 PM

PS: I agree about the kids and the statue, send those kids that did that to the stautue to Marine corp bootcamp and see how they feel.

Barbarian...we stand by our remarks as clearified! Showed up!!! I don't think we were showed up. There were three or four of you that "Piled on" but that's about it. We clearified our statement that the "Towelheads" that we were referring to was the Militant Branch of Islam. If you are of mind to cuddle them fill free to do so. I choose our Presidents course of action for them.

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Barbarian...we stand by our remarks as clearified! Showed up!!! I don't think we were showed up. There were three or four of you that "Piled on" but that's about it. We clearified our statement that the "Towelheads" that we were referring to was the Militant Branch of Islam. If you are of mind to cuddle them fill free to do so. I choose our Presidents course of action for them. some iraqi's are good people, they interviewed the ones that were in this country, especially the guy that has been here 35 years. he said even though he loves it in this country, when saddam is dead, he misses his homeland and is going back. if these protesters just looked and listened to those people, i think they would change their attitude!

its just like the riots in LA, they see somebody throw a rock and break a window and they have to do it too!:rolleyes:

baccarat
03-22-2003, 03:37 PM
here in calif, there is a memorial to general patton, in the desert, somebody spray painted his statue and the tanks last night!

:fire: :evil: :fire: Some people just piss me off! No decent or patriotic American would do that or burn an American flag.

I have some respect, even though I think they are completely wrong, for those who are antiwar if they come from a logical prospective with some facts and reason instead of a position of spite and hatred.

themole
03-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
:fire: :evil: :fire: Some people just piss me off! No decent or patriotic American would do that or burn an American flag.

I have some respect, even though I think they are completely wrong, for those who are antiwar if they come from a logical prospective with some facts and reason instead of a position of spite and hatred.

I'm with ya Booyeah. I have no problem listening to another persons point of view and trying to understand where they are coming from.

When they resort to destroying and defacing monuments to this nations heros, they are showing nothing but contempt for all that we stand for. It is time to round them up and send them out of this country. Send them to any country they choose but get them out of here.

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 05:10 PM
the only place i have offended somebody by using the term "towelhead" was on this board. 3 nights ago i stopped in a 7/11 to buy some dog biscuits. the guy behind the counter was wearing one on his head. i asked him if he wasn't taking a little bit of a chance wearing one after 9/11. he said no, he has been asked that question before and he answers that he wears a "turban" according to his religion, terrorists do wear, as you say a "towel" on their head!

now if this isn't good enough, i'm prepared to go back and have him write it down in front of a notary, and have them post it!:tongue:

Marino1983
03-22-2003, 06:18 PM
I'm with ya Booyeah. I have no problem listening to another persons point of view and trying to understand where they are coming from.

When they resort to destroying and defacing monuments to this nations heros, they are showing nothing but contempt for all that we stand for. It is time to round them up and send them out of this country. Send them to any country they choose but get them out of here.

I am with ya on this mole ...... I feel it is EVERYONES right to voice his or her opinion ,, but when you deface the flag and other sacred American artifacts it is time to find another area code to live in...... Outside of the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See mole even as a moderate you and I SOMETIMES think alike ... :eek: :confused: Man this IS getting scary ....:jk: :biggrin: Marino1983

themole
03-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983
I am with ya on this mole ...... I feel it is EVERYONES right to voice his or her opinion ,, but when you deface the flag and other sacred American artifacts it is time to find another area code to live in...... Outside of the USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See mole even as a moderate you and I SOMETIMES think alike ... :eek: :confused: Man this IS getting scary ....:jk: :biggrin: Marino1983

Ahh...M83, We probably think more alike than you can imagine. I am a hard line Constitutionalist American, but do understand that down the middle is the best place to play. Kinda like playing zone I guess.

I picked up on your MO awhile back:D . You... like myself, enjoy kicking the top off the piss-ant bed every now and then just to see how the ants will react.

They will always rebuild and I'll let them work for a time, only to kick them again. If they get out of hand I don't think twice about giving them a heavy dose of Amdro though.:evil: :lol:

Barbarian
03-22-2003, 07:21 PM
the only place i have offended somebody by using the term "towelhead" was on this board. 3 nights ago i stopped in a 7/11 to buy some dog biscuits. the guy behind the counter was wearing one on his head. i asked him if he wasn't taking a little bit of a chance wearing one after 9/11. he said no, he has been asked that question before and he answers that he wears a "turban" according to his religion, terrorists do wear, as you say a "towel" on their head!

now if this isn't good enough, i'm prepared to go back and have him write it down in front of a notary, and have them post it!:tongue:

I notice you didn't ask him if he found the term "towelhead" to be demeaning and racist. But nice try though, your constant whining and bringing the issue up over and over again really shows you for what you are.

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 07:27 PM
I notice you didn't ask him if he found the term "towelhead" to be demeaning and racist. But nice try though, your constant whining and bringing the issue up over and over again really shows you for what you are.

:up:

I can guarantee almost any Muslim would find the word "towelhead" to be offensive.

Marino1983
03-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Ahh...M83, We probably think more alike than you can imagine. I am a hard line Constitutionalist American, but do understand that down the middle is the best place to play. Kinda like playing zone I guess.

I picked up on your MO awhile back:D . You... like myself, enjoy kicking the top off the piss-ant bed every now and then just to see how the ants will react.

They will always rebuild and I'll let them work for a time, only to kick them again. If they get out of hand I don't think twice about giving them a heavy dose of Amdro though.:evil: :lol:

:rofl: :up: Yeah it is getting harder to find those "piss-ant beds" though .....;) Marino1983

themole
03-22-2003, 07:42 PM
:rofl: :up: Yeah it is getting harder to find those "piss-ant beds" though .....;) Marino1983

Nahh...Just have to be a little more careful. look one post above your last one! I guess saveing the whales got out of vogue sometime ago.:lol:

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 10:12 PM
I notice you didn't ask him if he found the term "towelhead" to be demeaning and racist. But nice try though, your constant whining and bringing the issue up over and over again really shows you for what you are. in your crowd it might be considered whining! how does that put a label on anything?:rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
:up:

I can guarantee almost any Muslim would find the word "towelhead" to be offensive. i'm pretty sure this guy was, we talked for almost 20 minutes and he said he's not offended by it at all, although he did say it depended on how it was being used.

people use worse language than that and they don't exchange knuckle sandwiches! unless you're a cab driver in NY!:tongue:

Dajesus
03-23-2003, 01:28 AM
Barbarian...we stand by our remarks as clearified! Showed up!!! I don't think we were showed up. There were three or four of you that "Piled on" but that's about it. We clearified our statement that the "Towelheads" that we were referring to was the Militant Branch of Islam. If you are of mind to cuddle them fill free to do so. I choose our Presidents course of action for them.

I hate to kick a dead horse, oh who am I kidding i live for it. The phrase "towell head" can't refer to who ever you think it refers to. You didn't make the word up. The word has had negative, and racist condontations for decades. And yes I saw your little speal about what racisim means in the dictionary, and I have to let you in on a little something. Outside of the black and white world of the dictionary there are a bunch of beautifull colors that exsist on what I like to call the real world that you are obviously missing out on. The phrase "towell head" is demeaning. If you are demeaning someone or something you obviously think you are better than it; thus, your little speal about it not being rascist is false. Do you think it would be acceptable to the african american culture if someone said "I hate all n!gg*rs," but then said "when i use that term I am only referring to the ones that murder or sell drugs, so all african americans shouldn't be offended." NO! because every african american has been called that name before, just as any american that looks like they might have middle eastern decent has been referred to as a towell head before.

The thing that I hate about you Mole is you are obviously an intelligent person. I don't mind a racsist when they are just an ignorant hill-billy because the pose no threat. They were brought up stupid, and it just isn't there fault, but you I think have some education, and dispite that have race issues. That scares me becaue an educated biggit is the most dangerous of all.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:44 AM
your little speal about it not being rascist is false we had been talking about the terrorists in general, if somebody took it the wrong way.............!you said yourself it has no particular meaning. if somebody had of asked instead of trying to throw their mighty internet weight around, this would have turned out quite different.:rolleyes: ;)

themole
03-23-2003, 02:16 AM
I hate to kick a dead horse, oh who am I kidding i live for it. The phrase "towell head" can't refer to who ever you think it refers to. You didn't make the word up. The word has had negative, and racist condontations for decades. And yes I saw your little speal about what racisim means in the dictionary, and I have to let you in on a little something. Outside of the black and white world of the dictionary there are a bunch of beautifull colors that exsist on what I like to call the real world that you are obviously missing out on. The phrase "towell head" is demeaning. If you are demeaning someone or something you obviously think you are better than it; thus, your little speal about it not being rascist is false. Do you think it would be acceptable to the african american culture if someone said "I hate all n!gg*rs," but then said "when i use that term I am only referring to the ones that murder or sell drugs, so all african americans shouldn't be offended." NO! because every african american has been called that name before, just as any american that looks like they might have middle eastern decent has been referred to as a towell head before.

The thing that I hate about you Mole is you are obviously an intelligent person. I don't mind a racsist when they are just an ignorant hill-billy because the pose no threat. They were brought up stupid, and it just isn't there fault, but you I think have some education, and dispite that have race issues. That scares me becaue an educated biggit is the most dangerous of all.

Dejesus...I flip a cyber booger at you! I don't care what you think! RACE! Was NEVER the issue.

Obvously, you did not read the entire thread. It was "Militant Islam" that we were putting down.

Our "faux pas" was that we left "militant" out and referred to it as Islam. That was a mistake, I admit it once again.

BTW..."Towelhead" was meant to be demeaning as applied to those we were referring to. I will NOT standdown from that point of view.

Militant Islam is a murderous lot and deserves not one shred of respect and MUST be hunted down and killed.

I defy you to point out a Race that wears towels on their head.

You may can point out a religion but not a race. I've never been to "Mecca" and don't plan to but I'll wager that every race of people on this earth will be found there, red, yellow, black, and white. All probably wearing turbans. I reserve the right to refer to the Militant Muslems as"Towelheads".

If you don't like that_______Use your imagination and fill in the blank.

OH...Don't call me a racist again!!!!:yell: :fire:

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 06:25 AM
Ah ohhhh the air raid siren is screaming AGAIN ....... I better find a trench to hunker down in !!!!!! :lol: :evil: Marino1983

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 12:58 PM
Ah ohhhh the air raid siren is screaming AGAIN ....... I better find a trench to hunker down in !!!!!! :lol: :evil: Marino1983 it won't go that far this time!:D :tongue:

Dajesus
03-25-2003, 01:29 AM
Dejesus...I flip a cyber booger at you! I don't care what you think! RACE! Was NEVER the issue.

Obvously, you did not read the entire thread. It was "Militant Islam" that we were putting down.

Our "faux pas" was that we left "militant" out and referred to it as Islam. That was a mistake, I admit it once again.

BTW..."Towelhead" was meant to be demeaning as applied to those we were referring to. I will NOT standdown from that point of view.

Militant Islam is a murderous lot and deserves not one shred of respect and MUST be hunted down and killed.

I defy you to point out a Race that wears towels on their head.

You may can point out a religion but not a race. I've never been to "Mecca" and don't plan to but I'll wager that every race of people on this earth will be found there, red, yellow, black, and white. All probably wearing turbans. I reserve the right to refer to the Militant Muslems as"Towelheads".

If you don't like that_______Use your imagination and fill in the blank.

OH...Don't call me a racist again!!!!:yell: :fire:

What are you going to do come down here and lynch me? You obviously didn't reread your own posts. I read all your posts. No I can't find a single race that wears turbons, but i do know that people in America use the term to degrade any one that has middle eastern decent. My point is by you simply saying "towell heads" only refers to militant muslims is moronic. The term has had a different meanig for decades, so just seeing the word will insult any American who comes from a middle eastern back round. It would also insult any american muslim if they are millitant or not.

From now on I am going to refer to any Italian that has been in or is in organized crime as a whop. I hope every other Italian doesn't take any offense to this dispite this being a derogatory term against their whole race for the past 80 years because it doesn't apply to you. Mole set the precident, so this is ok right?

Oh I am sorry for those that didn't pick that up the last paragraph was sarcasim. If you don't understand just PM mole, and I am sure he will let you borrow his dictionary.

Mole every time there is some kind of debate on race you always defend the more offensive side. Witch leads me to beleave you are a racist. I could be very wrong, but that is the picture you have painted.

dolfan06
03-25-2003, 01:43 AM
My point is by you simply saying "towell heads" only refers to militant muslims is moronic. The term has had a different meanig for decades that statement just blows your whole theory, if it has different meanings, who can say which one is right and which one is wrong.

BTW, the term WOP, means "without papers", there is no H in it! and i worked for an italian, and he thinks its a riot to be called dago or wop!;)

Dajesus
03-25-2003, 02:00 AM
that statement just blows your whole theory, if it has different meanings, who can say which one is right and which one is wrong.

BTW, the term WOP, means "without papers", there is no H in it! and i worked for an italian, and he thinks its a riot to be called dago or wop!;)

Sorry about the H mishap. I am not to up on my demeaning racial slurs. I wasn't saying "towell head" has had diffent meanings. I said the phrase has had a different meaning that what you and mole are using it for. The phrase has consitently been a darogatory racist term reffering to muslims and/or people of middle eastern decent millitant or not.

dolfan06
03-25-2003, 02:18 AM
Sorry about the H mishap. I am not to up on my demeaning racial slurs. I wasn't saying "towell head" has had diffent meanings. I said the phrase has had a different meaning that what you and mole are using it for. The phrase has consitently been a darogatory racist term reffering to muslims and/or people of middle eastern decent millitant or not. i said towelhead, referring to terrorists we had been talking about, when somebody else took the ball and ran with it.:rolleyes:

MIADolFan
03-26-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
All of those terror warnings over the past year and a half have been total BS, including the orange alert a few weeks ago. But now...as we're ready to invade Iraq, I'm suddenly taking the orange alert we have now seriously. I fear lots of innocent Iraqis will die, which is perfect cannon fodder for retaliatory strikes against us by terrorist groups.

Suddenly, the threat to us all is seriously real. As much as I fear for my own life, I also fear what is going to happen if we happen to go to Red Alert. http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020312-5.html It's likely we'll lock down into complete martial law/police state mode, which can't be good for ANY of us, especially if they don't let go of their increased power after any attack/threat as abated. Really, I feel like the terrorists are the ones winning the war right now, and our strategy is sending us toward the path of destruction.

If we had let inspections continue and kept up diplomatic pressure, we could have only guessed if another attack would have came. Now that we're going to war, a terrorist attack is certain. I'm pissed as hell, but there's absolutely nothing I can do now but continue to exercise my free speech and prepare for the worst. In exercising that speech, I found a couple links for your reading (dis)pleasure.

http://www.walden3.org/lies-usa2-sm.jpg
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0316-08.htm

Seeing as I live a mere 3 miles from the Sears Tower while at school, and routinely use the L, I'm scared out of my mind now. Right now I'm in the suburbs on spring break, but before I go back I'm going to urge my mom to stock up on some extra food, and to make sure all the vehicles are gassed up. If there is an attack while I'm in the city, I don't think I stand a chance, but I definitely want her and my brother to be safe.

Anyway, I urge all of you guys to take this orange alert SERIOUSLY and be ready for anything, especially those of us in major cities.

You are a loon.... how the f*** else would you like us to prepare for any terrorist action... you are bashing an alert system but dont want us to take the bastards out?????? Even Iraqi citizens are happy to see us...they are turning on Saddams ass.... but I suppose you want us to sit with our thumbs up our ass and just wait for another 9-11 before we take action. Seeing you are in Chicago...... it could happen to you.

dolfan06
03-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MIADolFan
You are a loon.... how the f*** else would you like us to prepare for any terrorist action... you are bashing an alert system but dont want us to take the bastards out?????? Even Iraqi citizens are happy to see us...they are turning on Saddams ass.... but I suppose you want us to sit with our thumbs up our ass and just wait for another 9-11 before we take action. Seeing you are in Chicago...... it could happen to you. if we sat on our thumbs and did nothing, i guarantee you the ones that are protesting now would be raising hell because we didn't go to war!

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 09:35 AM
How long have you been in the armed forces MIADolfan?

MIADolFan
03-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Im not in the armed forces....I work for them as a civilian

Dajesus
03-28-2003, 01:12 AM
if we sat on our thumbs and did nothing, i guarantee you the ones that are protesting now would be raising hell because we didn't go to war!

I have a much better pic for you 06.

dolfan06
03-28-2003, 01:17 AM
I have a much better pic for you 06. you just aren't kiddin thats a better picture, gotta save that one! :D ;)