PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP 4 Demo!

dQbell
05-11-2006, 02:04 PM
It's up...882.53Mbs Just letting the 360 users know.

Pagan
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Will download as soon as I get home! WOOT!!!

Agent51
05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
It's up...882.53Mbs Just letting the 360 users know.

HOLY CRAP :eek: That is so big, lol.

Lemme know how this is (you too Pagan), I've been waiting for this one.

Pagan, have ya tried the Test Drive demo yet?

Pagan
05-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Not yet...there's TWO I have to download tonight before I leave for Orlando! :lol:

dQbell
05-11-2006, 03:36 PM
HOLY CRAP :eek: That is so big, lol.

Lemme know how this is (you too Pagan), I've been waiting for this one.

Pagan, have ya tried the Test Drive demo yet?

It's nice. They give you the chance to race online against 15 others in the demo. I met a nice guy and we raced together against CPU bikes, and he gave me a lot of info on the game. You brake with the left trigger (front) and right trigger (back). The game is insanely fast, so if you make a mistake, you pay (I think it should be that way). My lest session, I really got a hold of braking correctly and powersliding (push up twice on right analog stick). After you get those contros down, it's a blast.

Graphics are crisp and colorful and the framerate is fast. I noticed a few twitches in replays. I like the feature where you'll be able to customize your bike's appearance along with your apparel and bring it online. Very Forza like.

Agent51
05-11-2006, 03:59 PM
It's nice. They give you the chance to race online against 15 others in the demo. I met a nice guy and we raced together against CPU bikes, and he gave me a lot of info on the game. You brake with the left trigger (front) and right trigger (back). The game is insanely fast, so if you make a mistake, you pay (I think it should be that way). My lest session, I really got a hold of braking correctly and powersliding (push up twice on right analog stick). After you get those contros down, it's a blast.

Graphics are crisp and colorful and the framerate is fast. I noticed a few twitches in replays. I like the feature where you'll be able to customize your bike's appearance along with your apparel and bring it online. Very Forza like.

Have you ever played any of the other ones? I played the most recent one for XBox. It took some getting used to (I don't play many sim racing games, so the handling was a steep learning curve at first) but then I tore it up. How does the handling compare to the previous ones?

dQbell
05-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Have you ever played any of the other ones? I played the most recent one for XBox. It took some getting used to (I don't play many sim racing games, so the handling was a steep learning curve at first) but then I tore it up. How does the handling compare to the previous ones?

I have played Moto GP from the beginning. In fact, it is one of the games that got me back into gaming. It's a great series and has always been on the side of simulation. This game stays true to that. You can't hit the brakes at high speeds without risking a spin-out. You can bump other riders, but not much (you'll wreck). It's still as you said, once you get the controls down, it's a lot of fun.

UltraDol-Fan
05-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I got to play this demo the other day and it is HARD. I have never played a moto game like this before, that's probably why. My buddy loves the series and after he picked up the controls he was pretty good. The crashes are okay, I think they could have been better, but overall the game is beautiful, as are most games for the 360 so far.

mor911
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
It is hard... Fun though. I downloaded it last night. The "In Bike" view is AWESOME. The biker and bike models are phenomenal. The back grounds and textures, though, look like they were stolen from the PS2 version. Great game though. Final release should be a lot of fun!