PDA

View Full Version : "the Lost City"

CubanCulebra
05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
The Lost City has openned in theaters. A movie 16 years in the making. Andy Garcia has had to hustle Hollywood suits for 16 years now, trying to get this picture made. I saw it yesterday, and though I am ofcourse biast due to my Cuban heritage, it was one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. Bill Murray, yes you've read correctly, Bill Murray has given the performance of his career and in my opinon, has earned a best-supporting actor nomination. Andy Garcia is equally tantalizing and there is also a grand cameo appearence by Dustin Hoffman who plays Meyer Lansky, the mob mastermind who was in love with a seductress named Havana. If you are of Cuban descent, this movie is not only your rite of passage, it is your responsibility. But I promise the rest of you that this movie trancsends nationality. After all, beautiful is beautiful. So please, go out and watch this film. You'll thank me when the lights go on, and I'll, in turn, thank you.

Jimi
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Im not even farmiliar with this movie, whats the basic plot?

CubanCulebra
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
The plot- a family that is torn apart by the Cuban revolution of the 1950's. The movie follows the exact history of occurences and how a middle class family struggles to survive in a Cuba they adore yet is falling apart and all, in their own ways, are trying to save it. Andy Garcia is the owner of a cabaret club named "el Tropico" and the eldest of his brothers who in his father's wisdom, desires a democratic government without bloodshed. The younger of Garcia's two brothers is for "Castro's" revolution because he despizes the corrupt manner in which Bautista runs his beloved country. The middle brother, well, you'll have to watch the movie for that.

Jimi
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Interesting.What role does Bill play in this?