PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle's Show Season 3 Cancellation

JPhinfan86
05-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Due to extremely vague circumstances, Dave Chappelle turned down a $50 Million contract to do a 3rd Season of his freakin' awesome show. His explaination is "White people own everything" but there's gotta be something behind that (I think I have a general idea). Can someone provide a better picture for me? I am one of those that contributed to his Season 2 DVD set being the greatest selling series (DVD releases) of all-time. Good stuff.

This link is about as much info as I've found so far:
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18790,00.html?rssceleb

ch19079
05-12-2006, 08:30 AM
showbiz is all fake. they want control. he said its not worth it.

he also stated that he walked out last season and came back.

great show, but i dout there will be a 3rd season.

Agent51
05-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I chose "can't stand it" only because that was the closest choice to my stance on the show. I don't MIND the show, even though certain skits make me wanna punch him in the face because they are annoying (Rick James being the worst), but his stand-up KILLS the show, no question. I also hate how everyone runs around doing the "I'm Rick James *****" line, ugh, it's SO annoying, especially when you hate the skit to begin with.

Dolphin1184
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
I chose "can't stand it" only because that was the closest choice to my stance on the show. I don't MIND the show, even though certain skits make me wanna punch him in the face because they are annoying (Rick James being the worst), but his stand-up KILLS the show, no question. I also hate how everyone runs around doing the "I'm Rick James *****" line, ugh, it's SO annoying, especially when you hate the skit to begin with.

:lol: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=chappelle

Caps
05-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I loved Chappelle's Show, but after these comments, screw him. I didn't know he could be so thin skinned and borderline racist. I'll never contribute monetarily to his success ever again.

Agent51
05-12-2006, 10:00 AM

:lol:

"The results were surprising: the graph above suggests that 6,367,619,884 out of every 6,367,619,885 people in the world are not Dave Chappelle, and therefore should shut the hell up."

:sidelol: :sidelol:

Dolphin1184
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
:lol:

"The results were surprising: the graph above suggests that 6,367,619,884 out of every 6,367,619,885 people in the world are not Dave Chappelle, and therefore should shut the hell up."

:sidelol: :sidelol:

Gotta love maddox :D

Amars
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
who voted I cant stand it?

Agent51
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
who voted I cant stand it?

Me, because it was the closest to my take on the show.

I don't find it "freakin' hilarious", but I also know what the show is, so "what's the Chappelle show?" doesn';t work either. It's not like I can't stand it, I will watch it if nothing else is on, and it will make me laugh sometimes, But I really MUCH prefer his standup. If there were an "it's OK" choice that would be my pick.

UltraDol-Fan
05-12-2006, 11:22 AM

Our web blocker at work added new labels to sites so now I know why certain pages are blocked...this site is apperently "tasteless" :lol:

JPhinfan86
05-13-2006, 04:20 AM
:lol: Ya know, I think this show is hilarious and I too cannot stand the Rick James bit......I have never understood what is so funny about it. People doing the impression does in fact make it that much worse (kinda like when South Park first came out and EVERYONE with a mouth was attempting, very poorly might I add, to imitate Cartman). I also think Dave's Lil' Jon skit blows horribly.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2006, 04:32 AM
This is from the article:

Dave Chappelle:"The bottom line was, white people own everything," "and where can a black person go and be himself or say something that's familiar to him and not have to explain or apologize?"

I hate to say it but honestly I feel that as a white person there are more times when I have to watch my words and be careful of what I say as not to offend someone. The whole "walking on eggshells" thing seems to lean more the other way from what Dave is implying. Am I the only one that feels this way? For example, use of the "N" word creates a very blatant double standard. Now I have absolutely no desire ever to use the word....but the fact remains rappers use it an unbelievable amount of times. Chappelle himself did many times on his show. It's just one of those things I guess but I think Dave's really playing the wrong angle.

HysterikiLL
05-13-2006, 04:32 AM
I loved Chappelle's Show, but after these comments, screw him. I didn't know he could be so thin skinned and borderline racist. I'll never contribute monetarily to his success ever again.

Don't stress it, bro. Those are some of the most out of context quotes I've ever seen. Dave went on Oprah and justified his decision to take some time off. A lot of it had to do with the distribution of funds from DVD sales and the dissolution of his own materials. He made like five jokes about white people owning everything and esquire magazine jumped all over them.

JPhinfan86
05-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Those "snobby little biotches" he's referring to are actually using the entire dictionary created from the movie "Clueless" with Alicia Silverstone. "Oops, my bad" has been taken way to far. :shakeno: :lol:

bg34
05-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I voted "freakin hilarious". Two words...Clayton Bigsby, nuff said :sidelol:

JPhinfan86
05-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Clayton Bigsby: "Now for them Asians with their "TING TANG TONG" I can't understand you!, go back where ya came from! White Power."

Metal Panda
05-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Extremely old news, but I loved the show. I have both sets on DVD, and I think Season 2 was better, although nothing beat the first ever sketch, the Black White supremacist.

as far as Dave's comments, I wasn't offended by them, but that's because I don't necessarily think they're false.