PDA

View Full Version : The War has started

Prime Time
03-19-2003, 10:56 PM
It has started :(

Barbarian
03-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Hopefully it is over quickly, but it is good that we are closer to a resolution of this conflict.

Bless our troops.

dolphan39
03-20-2003, 01:33 AM
just a little target practice for now - hopefully we hit a few and we'll save this thing getting into a full-blown conflict...
U.S. forces launched airstrikes against "targets of military importance." A U.S. military official said about three dozen cruise missiles were fired from a small number of ships at "leadership targets." http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&ncid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20030320/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bush_iraq

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
just a little target practice for now - hopefully we hit a few and we'll save this thing getting into a full-blown conflict... http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&ncid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20030320/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bush_iraq my wife was listening to the news when i got home, she said, the news said, only one out of 20 tomahawks hit their targets!:rolleyes: :eek:

Jaydog57
03-20-2003, 01:58 AM
I read that the U.S. Military has dropped thousands of leaflets detailing a peaceful surrender would not lead harm to any Iraqi soldiers. Reminds me of my grandfather telling me about how they dropped those same kind of papers on the Japanese in WWII. Hopefully this time they get read 'cause we all know what happened in Japan........:rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
I read that the U.S. Military has dropped thousands of leaflets detailing a peaceful surrender would not lead harm to any Iraqi soldiers. Reminds me of my grandfather telling me about how they dropped those same kind of papers on the Japanese in WWII. Hopefully this time they get read 'cause we all know what happened in Japan........:rolleyes: gee, you can't use that kind of languge in your title, you might offend somebody!:rolleyes: :D ;)

dolphan39
03-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
I read that the U.S. Military has dropped thousands of leaflets detailing a peaceful surrender would not lead harm to any Iraqi soldiers. Reminds me of my grandfather telling me about how they dropped those same kind of papers on the Japanese in WWII. Hopefully this time they get read 'cause we all know what happened in Japan........:rolleyes: were they in English like WWII or arabic :rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
were there in English like WWII or arabic :rolleyes: boy, you are sleepy!:eek:

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 02:30 AM
say anything you want about the war effort now people. the amount of iraqis in this country that are willing to go back when saddam is defeated, says it all!:tongue:

Barbarian
03-20-2003, 02:55 AM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The first move of the U.S.-led attack against Iraq early Thursday was a "decapitation strike" using Tomahawk cruise missiles intended to kill Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, Pentagon sources told CNN.

Administration sources said the decision to strike came after a nearly four-hour meeting in the White House Oval Office in which CIA Director George Tenet and Pentagon officials told President Bush they could lose the "target of opportunity" if they didn't act quick; Bush then gave the green light.

Whether the mission succeeded is not known. But Pentagon officials said it is very difficult to successfully target a single person on the ground in such a bombing.

More than 40 satellite-guided Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from U.S. warships in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf, military officials said.

F117 stealth fighters, which carry two 2,000-pound bombs apiece, also were involved in strikes apparently on a target other than Saddam.

Air raid sirens were heard in Baghdad at about 5:30 a.m. Thursday (9:30 p.m. Wednesday ET) about 90 minutes after the U.S. deadline for Saddam to step down or face a U.S.-led military attack.

dolfan06
03-20-2003, 02:59 AM
i heard that 17 iraqis surrendered before the attack!

t2thejz
03-20-2003, 08:17 AM
The attack last night is nothing like what were gonnas do about 1 pm today. its gonna be a full out bombing today:patriot:

Scrap
03-20-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i heard that 17 iraqis surrendered before the attack!

Can't say I blame 'em.They wouldn't have had a chance.

Barbarian
03-20-2003, 09:10 AM
There is word that 2 Iraqi regiments are planning to stand down.

I hope that they do... the less blood spilled to free Iraq, the better.