PDA

View Full Version : Axl Rose Heralds New Guns N' Roses Album ??

Walking25
05-12-2006, 06:47 PM
By JANET MORRISSEY
For The Associated Press
5/08/06

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rock recluse Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that Guns N' Roses 10-years-in-the-making "Chinese Democracy" album will finally hit store shelves this fall.

Plans are currently in the works for Rose to relaunch his comeback by playing four shows at New Yorks Hammerstein Ballroom over the next 10 days, then head to Europe to play several music festivals.

more:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TEMPLATE=ae.htm (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...TEMPLATE=ae.htm)

axl screwing with those 5 fans he has left

Rocky Raccoon
05-12-2006, 06:48 PM
they have been talking about this record being released for years now, and it never comes out. Not like I care, they're useless.

like2god
05-12-2006, 07:04 PM
If Slash, Izzy and Duff aren't there, it isn't Guns N Roses.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I don't want to see Buckethead.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/1-2.jpg

Or John5 formerly of Marilyn Manson
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Slappy8800
05-12-2006, 09:18 PM
hmmm 5 fans? the GnR shows in NY sold out within minutes....

GreenMonster
05-12-2006, 11:03 PM
hmmm 5 fans? the GnR shows in NY sold out within minutes....

They are just now taking the stage at Hammerstien Ballroom in NYC.. I wish I was there..

dolfan72734me
05-13-2006, 12:04 AM
They are just now taking the stage at Hammerstien Ballroom in NYC.. I wish I was there..
Yep, no doubt. I miss the times from the old GN'R, but hey, bands move on, right?

GreenMonster
05-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Yep, no doubt. I miss the times from the old GN'R, but hey, bands move on, right?

Exactly, I am just glad everyone is making music again, if not together.. Speaking of the new GNR the new lead guitarist is Bumblefoot.. What ya think of that..

dolfan72734me
05-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Exactly, I am just glad everyone is making music again, if not together.. Speaking of the new GNR the new lead guitarist is Bumblefoot.. What ya think of that..
No sh*t really? I haven't even checked to see who it is. Interesting.

GreenMonster
05-13-2006, 12:17 AM
No sh*t really? I haven't even checked to see who it is. Interesting.

Yup, guys are giving live updates from the show and bumble just finished a solo.. The only leaked tune they have played so far was Better..

Walking25
05-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Because i know you all care.& ( U KNOW I COULD CARE LESS) GUNS N' ROSES setlist – Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City - May 12, 2006:

01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Better
05. Live and Let Die
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Madagascar
(Band Introductions)
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Dizzy Solo
11. The Blues
12. Out Ta Get Me
13. Bumblefoot Solo
14. November Rain
15. My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach) axl rose AND skid row singer hmmm......whose next? CC Deville or Cinderalla's frontman?

16. Chinese Democracy
17. T.W.A.T. (There was a Time)
18. Patience
19. I.R.S.
20. Nightrain
21. Robin Finck Solo
22. Paradise City

23. Axl shows up for the gig.

Roman529
05-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Because i know you all care.& ( U KNOW I COULD CARE LESS) GUNS N' ROSES setlist – Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City - May 12, 2006:

:sidelol:

dolfan72734me
05-13-2006, 10:55 PM

01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Better
05. Live and Let Die
06. Sweet Child O' Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Madagascar
(Band Introductions)
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Dizzy Solo
11. The Blues
12. Out Ta Get Me
13. Bumblefoot Solo
14. November Rain
15. My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach) axl rose AND skid row singer hmmm......whose next? CC Deville or Cinderalla's frontman?

16. Chinese Democracy
17. T.W.A.T. (There was a Time)
18. Patience
19. I.R.S.
20. Nightrain
21. Robin Finck Solo
22. Paradise City

:chuckle: Yeah, I can see the humor in that.
But really. A dream show for me would have been...GN'R, Skid Row, Poison, and Cinderella...who is my all time fav band from that era.

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:10 AM

yea, but when a band is now 80% comprised of new members, maybe it's time to record under another moniker.

I know even in the 90s they had turned over original band members, but come on, the only charter member left is Axl...and the lineup seems very....odd. Why do they need virtuoso guitarists like Ron Thal to produce 80's **** rock?

I loved Appetite for Destruction, but if the new material is going to sound anything like the godawful "Oh My God", I'll pass.

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Yup, guys are giving live updates from the show and bumble just finished a solo.. The only leaked tune they have played so far was Better..

haha, Bumblefoot is the name of the group. The guitarist's name is Ron Thal.

GreenMonster
05-14-2006, 01:15 AM
yea, but when a band is now 80% comprised of new members, maybe it's time to record under another moniker.

I know they had turned over original band members from the beginning, but now the only charter member is Axl...and the lineup seems very....odd. Buckethead, a wanky shredder, playing in Guns 'n Roses? Gimme a break.

Buckethead isn't in GNR anymore..

Sure the band is different, but it will never be the same.. Instead of caring about a who is or isn't in the band, or whether they should use the name GNR, I just care about the music.. Axl is a brilliant songwriter and will continue to make great music, just not with another shining star in Slash and company.. Check out the new GNR track "Better".. It rocks..

GreenMonster
05-14-2006, 01:18 AM
haha, Bumblefoot is the name of the group. The guitarist's name is Ron Thal.

and Ron Thal's nickname that he is better known by is bumblefoot..

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Buckethead isn't in GNR anymore..

Sure the band is different, but it will never be the same.. Instead of caring about a who is or isn't in the band, or whether they should use the name GNR, I just care about the music.. Axl is a brilliant songwriter and will continue to make great music, just not with another shining star in Slash and company.. Check out the new GNR track "Better".. It rocks..

I just found out about Ron Thal joining the group, but the point still stands. the hell do they need him for? He's too qualified to play with them. It's beneath him.

It just isn't going to work. the feeling, the attitude of GNR is gone...

I've heard some of the new GNR. What the hell is "The Blues"? Garbage, just like the crap GNR was doing towards the end of their original run.

"madagascar" is awful. I can see Axl got his wish to turn GNR into a ballads only group after Slash left.

The live mp3s I've heard of Axl's voice have been bad, too. His voice isn't aging well.

GreenMonster
05-14-2006, 01:27 AM
I just found out about Ron Thal joining the group, but the point still stands. the hell do they need him for? He's too qualified to play with them. It's beneath him.

You make it sound like the rest of GNR is a bunch of awful players.. Robin Finck was great while in NIN.. Tommy Stinson of the Replacements.. Brian Manita from Praxis and Primus.. Axl has a pretty solid lineup put together, and the reviews from the show last night got 2 thumbs up..

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:32 AM
You make it sound like the rest of GNR is a bunch of awful players.. Robin Finck was great while in NIN.. Tommy Stinson of the Replacements.. Brian Manita from Praxis and Primus.. Axl has a pretty solid lineup put together, and the reviews from the show last night got 2 thumbs up..

That's nice, but my point is that you don't need virtuoso musicians to play raw 80's **** rock. the original lineup for GNR weren't virtuosos and they didn't need to be. Thal could do this stuff on autopilot and he's probably partially motivated by the paycheck.

Although judging by the awful new songs I've heard from GNR, it looks like they aren't even playing hard rock anymore.

Judging from the terrible "Madagascar" and the lame "The Blues", GNR is officially dead. Looks like Slash's departure means Axl finally gets his wish to turn GNR into a ballad-happy group.

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:37 AM
can someone explain to me why the band needs 3 guitarists and two keyboard players on the tour?

8 people on stage? Excessive any?

GreenMonster
05-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Judging from the terrible "Madagascar" and the lame "The Blues", GNR is officially dead. Looks like Slash's departure means Axl finally gets his wish to turn GNR into a ballad-happy group.

If you want to judge the new GNR of 2 5+ year old tracks that never got released fine.. Looks like you have written them off already and haven't even heard the album yet.. None of the 4 leaked tracks of the new album are ballads also..

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:42 AM
If you want to judge the new GNR of 2 5+ year old tracks that never got released fine.. Looks like you have written them off already and haven't even heard the album yet.. None of the 4 leaked tracks of the new album are ballads also..

they're two songs that are rumored to be on the new album. Plus I refuse to use Kazaa and the websites were forced to take down the 4 leaked tracks.

But why do I have the impression that they won't be any good? I won't deprive myself of good music, regardless of who makes it, but I have my doubts.

GreenMonster
05-14-2006, 01:48 AM
they're two songs that are rumored to be on the new album. Plus I refuse to use Kazaa and the websites were forced to take down the 4 leaked tracks.

But why do I have the impression that they won't be any good? I won't deprive myself of good music, regardless of who makes it, but I have my doubts.

Trust me when I heard "Oh My God", I thought the end was very close.. The band has totally changed since then, heck the song was released in 99'..

dolfan72734me
05-14-2006, 01:54 AM

I know even in the 90s they had turned over original band members, but come on, the only charter member left is Axl...and the lineup seems very....odd. Why do they need virtuoso guitarists like Ron Thal to produce 80's **** rock?

I loved Appetite for Destruction, but if the new material is going to sound anything like the godawful "Oh My God", I'll pass.
Well, I am sure it isn't going to hurt Axl's, mine, or anyone elses feelings.

Metal Panda
05-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, I am sure it isn't going to hurt Axl's, mine, or anyone elses feelings.

was it meant to? Me not buying music just means it's not in my collection.

Even Appetite for Destruction, which I enjoy quite a bit, isn't exactly something I'd consider a masterpiece....so this incarnation, bleh.

dolfan72734me
05-14-2006, 02:02 AM
was it meant to? Me not buying music just means it's not in my collection.

Even Appetite for Destruction, which I enjoy quite a bit, isn't exactly something I'd consider a masterpiece....so this incarnation, bleh.
Eh, I can see your point

Muck
05-14-2006, 11:33 AM
OMG. Axl is threatening to release a crappy album that's been in the works for over a decade. Notice I said Axl. Because it hasn't been GNR since the early 90s.

Doesn't matter what he releases though. It will fall short to everyone outside of Axl Pose zealots. He's been working on the album for over a decade. That doesn't mean it's going to be like wine. It just means he's quit and started over 50 times.

When you wait this long to release an album, people stop caring. When you kick everybody out of the band, people care even less.

All I care about is if Axl was still "rocking" the cornrows and shaving off his eyebrows. Because if not, I have no reason to care...because I have no reason to laugh. :lol: