PDA

View Full Version : Computer geniuses (Sp?) needed!...URGENT!

finz99
05-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Alright...all of a sudden I come home and open up my labtop to find it has shut off. I turn it back on and after it runs through the start - up screen, and before it lists the users on the computer ( I have Windows XP ) a blue screen pops up (for about 1 second) and then the computer shuts off. It then proceeds to turn on again (as if to say it has restarted itself) and do the same thing. It's literally been doing this for about 20 minutes. Now I was able to copy down what it said on the blue screen. This is what it said:

STOP: (Bad Image Corruption)

The Image SHLWAPI.dll is possibly corrupt. The header does not match the computer checksum.

I try to boot it up in safe mode, and it does the same exact thing. Am I in need of a new labtop? Anyone help is greatly appreciated.

Megatron
05-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Try unplugging the computer and removing the battery. Then put the battery back on and reboot.

finz99
05-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Alright, I just tried that this morning and it didn't work. Is there anything else I can try? Or is the labtop shot?

Megatron
05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Alright, I just tried that this morning and it didn't work. Is there anything else I can try? Or is the labtop shot?No but you may have to restore it. Mind you restoring it will erase all your data. Or take it to a technician but I'm almost sure they will say to restore it.

finz99
05-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Alright, thank you a lot for your help Megatron.