PDA

View Full Version : Laid Off

GCD960
05-13-2006, 09:39 AM
I was recently given 60 days notice from my job. June 28th is the estimated closing date. I work at a Call Center. I wanted to see how my severance compares with others so if you have ever been given a severance let me know.

I was given 4 months severance.
25% in 2 weeks (already received it). and then a weekly check for 13 weeks after we close.

Metal Panda
05-13-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear that dude. I work in a call center as well and layoffs are hell.

As far as severance...the only time I was laid off was when I worked in a restaurant called Chevy's. They closed all but 4 of them in the state of Florida.

Rumors flew that we'd get a months worth of severance pay at minimum wage/40 hrs per week if that ever happened. Then we find out, we're getting two weeks based on the average number of hours we worked the prior period or something like that. They tell us the exact date we should get the check. This was back in '03.

On that date, we get a letter in the mail, but no check, saying the company filed for Chapter 11 and could not at the time pay the severance, but that it would come eventually.

I got the Severance check last year in '05. 80 dollars.

dominizzo
05-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Sorrry dude i hope u find something better

GCD960
05-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks guys..

Its actually not that bad. I will have security to do my own thing.

Samphin
05-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Layoffs are never fun. Yeesh. Sorry to here that man.