PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite shot?

Dubfire
05-13-2006, 10:44 AM
After last night, Irish Car Bombs are no longer a favorite of mine.:shakeno: Shoulda stopped at 4.

From now on, I will go with chilled Patron Silver. No ill effects the next day.

GCD960
05-13-2006, 10:45 AM
SoCo and lime

like2god
05-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I don't really drink, I have tried Jack and Absinthe, and neither one was all that great.

Samphin
05-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Silver Patron is like butter. Very smooth, very rich. I enjoy it. :yes:

Metal Panda
05-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I like Jagermeister. Used to LOVE Tequila shots, but I've grown out of them a bit.

I did a huge shot of Hypnotic two weeks ago and I'm not sure what happened but it closed off my airway and I couldn't breathe temporarily, like I was choking. I coughed 2 seconds later and I was alright.

FIN-IN-RI
05-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Bourbon

ganooch
05-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Jack

Agent51
05-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Silver Patron is like butter. Very smooth, very rich. I enjoy it. :yes:

Silver Patron is AWESOME, smoothest Tequilla I've ever tried, BY FAR.

My favorite is Liquid Cocaine. There are like 9 different ways to do it, but the way I like it is with Jager, Goldschlager, and Rumplemintz (101-proof peppermint schnapps). It's the greatest shot ever.

As far as the straight up, non-mixed old school classic shots, I'd say Jack Daniels

I've got like a million that I like a lot though.

The one thing I really don't like is Bourbon. It was friggin gross. I tried it once and it made my stomache feel like someone was twisting it into a knot at the top, lol, hated it. It's funny cuz it's only like 80-101 proof, whereas I can take shot os Bacardi 151 and Everclear (190 proof) and be fine (in terms of the stomache thing, lol, they get me trashed).

Amars
05-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Ill have to agree

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Amars
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
My favorite is Liquid Cocaine. There are like 9 different ways to do it, but the way I like it is with Jager, Goldschlager, and Rumplemintz (101-proof peppermint schnapps). It's the greatest shot ever.

That sounds better then the one i have drank Rumplemintz, Jager, and 151.:spit:

FinFan72
05-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I love Tequila Jose Cuervo to be exact :finfan72:

FinFan72
05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Silver Patron is AWESOME, smoothest Tequilla I've ever tried, BY FAR.

As far as the straight up, non-mixed old school classic shots, I'd say Jack Daniels
I've got like a million that I like a lot though.

The one thing I really don't like is Bourbon. It was friggin gross. I tried it once and it made my stomache feel like someone was twisting it into a knot at the top, lol, hated it. It's funny cuz it's only like 80-101 proof, whereas I can take shot os Bacardi 151 and Everclear (190 proof) and be fine (in terms of the stomache thing, lol, they get me trashed).

I havent tried silver patron yet i guess i need to go pick some up and try it

I tried Goldschlager once and it put me on my ***, i think i was 19

And Jack Daniels makes me sick to my stomach :barf:

In_Flames
05-13-2006, 03:22 PM
My personal favorite is:

Samphin
05-13-2006, 03:26 PM
My personal favorite is:
http://www.geocities.com/mattymezz/aftershock.gif

I took a beer bong shot of that....put me on the floor for a good two days...Haven't tried it since (7 years).

NaboCane
05-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Makers. Or, if I'm in a tequila mood and my stomach can handle it, Patron reposado.

dolfan72734me
05-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Tetanus :tongue:

If it can be considered a shot, since you have to down it, my fav would be flaming dr. peppers.
I was at a party one night at my friends apartment making them. Well, there was no 151, so I started substituting. Wound up with Everclear and 99Bananas to go along with the Amaretto.
I called it a flaming dr. banana pepper, and it was very bad.
I wouldn't wish that drink on my worst enemy, not only for how strong it was, but also for the awefull taste..... my ******* had 4. They said that later on while playing drinking games I disappeared. I was found under the futon in my friends garage. They said I was speaking in tongues.

I also like Apple Jacks, but I prefer the apple juice with southern comfort.

Agent51
05-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Tetanus :tongue:

If it can be considered a shot, since you have to down it, my fav would be flaming dr. peppers.
I was at a party one night at my friends apartment making them. Well, there was no 151, so I started substituting. Wound up with Everclear and 99Bananas to go along with the Amaretto.
I called it a flaming dr. banana pepper, and it was very bad.
I wouldn't wish that drink on my worst enemy, not only for how strong it was, but also for the awefull taste..... my ******* had 4. They said that later on while playing drinking games I disappeared. I was found under the futon in my friends garage. They said I was speaking in tongues.

I also like Apple Jacks, but I prefer the apple juice with southern comfort.

Everclear is the devil, PERIOD. One time I decided it would be a good idea to make up a shot with Everclear as an ingredient. I named it a Liqiud OD BEFORE I even made the shot, and oh how fitting that was. I basically decided to use every clear liquor I had at the party. So it was Everclear, Bacardi, 99 Bananas, 99 Apples, Grey Goose, and Silver Patron, with a SPLASH of orange juice "for color" was my reasoning for the OJ, lol, I was pretty smashed already. It filled a "rocks" shot glass (the big ones)

So anyway, worst....shot....EVER. It was like swallowing a friggin pile of flaming barbed wire surrounded by jellyfish tenticles. So naturally, I did two of them

*Sidenote* Anyone else hate being a dude because we HAVE to do dares or else we are a *****? I'm no *****, so I NEVER back down from dares, this one I should have, lol.

Yea, so all is good, til we decide to go for a walk later, to go downtown and mess around with all the tourists (this was back in Rhode Island, and DT was like 10 mins from my house). Well, all the sudden I just collapsed, and I could NOT get up for the life of me. I was trying my damndest, but the highest I could get was my kness and hunched over on my forearms. Also, my vision was going in and out, like black then fading back in, then back out to black, except I WASN'T closing my eyes. IDK what happened next but I woke up the next day (at 3pm) at my friend Sean's house, nowhere NEAR where I was when I collapsed, lol.

I couldn;t take shots for the LONGEST time man. It SUCKED because I don't like beer (unless I HAVE to drink it), so I drink shots and mixed drinks, like rum and coke and stuff. It USED to be that I could drink anything and everything, but for like a year after that stupid Liquid Overdose shot I would take a shot and feel like I was gonna puke it right back up. Not just hard stuff either, even fruity shots like Grape Crushes or Lemon Drops etc etc would just give me this intense feeling like I was gonna hurl and sometimes I couldn;t even knock the whole thing back (it was so pathetic lol).

I'm pretty much cured now, thankfully. I though my drinking career was over before it officially started (I wasn't 21 yet at the time this happened). Sometimes I will get a little "flashback" and when I'm knockin back a shot I'll get that feeling like it might come back up, but it's sporadic and barely ever happens. Stupid Everclear, lol.

Agent51
05-13-2006, 06:11 PM
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...." - Ron Burgundy

dominizzo
05-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Sour Puss

dolfan72734me
05-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Everclear is the devil, PERIOD. One time I decided it would be a good idea to make up a shot with Everclear as an ingredient. I named it a Liqiud OD BEFORE I even made the shot, and oh how fitting that was. I basically decided to use every clear liquor I had at the party. So it was Everclear, Bacardi, 99 Bananas, 99 Apples, Grey Goose, and Silver Patron, with a SPLASH of orange juice "for color" was my reasoning for the OJ, lol, I was pretty smashed already. It filled a "rocks" shot glass (the big ones)

So anyway, worst....shot....EVER. It was like swallowing a friggin pile of flaming barbed wire surrounded by jellyfish tenticles. So naturally, I did two of them

*Sidenote* Anyone else hate being a dude because we HAVE to do dares or else we are a *****? I'm no *****, so I NEVER back down from dares, this one I should have, lol.

Yea, so all is good, til we decide to go for a walk later, to go downtown and mess around with all the tourists (this was back in Rhode Island, and DT was like 10 mins from my house). Well, all the sudden I just collapsed, and I could NOT get up for the life of me. I was trying my damndest, but the highest I could get was my kness and hunched over on my forearms. Also, my vision was going in and out, like black then fading back in, then back out to black, except I WASN'T closing my eyes. IDK what happened next but I woke up the next day (at 3pm) at my friend Sean's house, nowhere NEAR where I was when I collapsed, lol.

I couldn;t take shots for the LONGEST time man. It SUCKED because I don't like beer (unless I HAVE to drink it), so I drink shots and mixed drinks, like rum and coke and stuff. It USED to be that I could drink anything and everything, but for like a year after that stupid Liquid Overdose shot I would take a shot and feel like I was gonna puke it right back up. Not just hard stuff either, even fruity shots like Grape Crushes or Lemon Drops etc etc would just give me this intense feeling like I was gonna hurl and sometimes I couldn;t even knock the whole thing back (it was so pathetic lol).

I'm pretty much cured now, thankfully. I though my drinking career was over before it officially started (I wasn't 21 yet at the time this happened). Sometimes I will get a little "flashback" and when I'm knockin back a shot I'll get that feeling like it might come back up, but it's sporadic and barely ever happens. Stupid Everclear, lol.
Oh man, no doubt. I was hurting for what seemed like a week after that night. I have had everclear sice then. We mix up some bullfrog in a big ice chest for mardi gras and such. But 99Bananas? Naw sir, ain't happening:lol:

Agent51
05-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh man, no doubt. I was hurting for what seemed like a week after that night. I have had everclear sice then. We mix up some bullfrog in a big ice chest for mardi gras and such. But 99Bananas? Naw sir, ain't happening:lol:

Yea, I've had Everclear since too, we make Jungle Juice (Everclear and Hawai'ian Punch) with it sometimes. Lol, also, I drank a whole pint by myself one time (a friend and I each drank one actually, just to see if we could), THAT was interesting. I woke up the next morning to my car parked IN my hedges, with the driver side door still hanging open and both right side hubcaps missing. The best (or worst) part? I DON'T REMEMBER LEAVING THE HOUSE! :shakeno:.

That was in Rhode Island too actually. Come to think of it, a LOT of my worst/stupidest drinking moments were happened in RI, lol, that place must be a bad influence on me.

Megatron
05-13-2006, 07:53 PM
After last night, Irish Car Bombs are no longer a favorite of mine.:shakeno: Shoulda stopped at 4.

From now on, I will go with chilled Patron Silver. No ill effects the next day.Free ones.:cooldude:

ricky williams
05-13-2006, 08:53 PM
hot tomo dochhi. i probably mispelled it. but it is half sake and half plum wine heated up. but i'm mostly a beer man. i.p.a. is my beer of choice

Roman529
05-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Maker's Mark bourbon, or Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey....I usually order it with a Coke, sometimes I mix it together, but I also like it just as a shot. I had a drink called a Mind Eraser that was good...not sure what was in it....kahlua and something?

I found out what's in a Mind Eraser....mix into 4 parts...2 ounces each of:
Vodka, Kahlua, 7-Up or Sprite, and Butterscotch scnapps. Mmmm.

tucker
05-13-2006, 09:20 PM
From now on, I will go with chilled Patron Silver. No ill effects the next day.why would you want a watered down shot of patron? but patron silver is my favorite..if you ever get the chance, try patron platinum...but chilling it is just a waste of money and good tequila

Agent51
05-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Maker's Mark bourbon, or Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey....I usually order it with a Coke, sometimes I mix it together, but I also like it just as a shot. I had a drink called a Mind Eraser that was good...not sure what was in it....kahlua and something?

Vodka, Kahlua, Tonic :D

I make this drink I call the Brain Scrambler. It's Baileys Irish Cream and Lime juice with Grenadine. I made this bye accident, kind of, lol. It started when someone ordered a Cemet Mixer, which is Bailey and Lime juice. For anyone who doesn't know, when you mix the two it makes the Bailey Irish Cream curdle, hence the name Cement Mixer, because, supposedly, it resembles wet cement. I thought it looked more like brain matter though, lol, so I was like, I should put something in it to make it look more like a brain. I wanted something dark blue, since most pics of brains I have seen have the grey-ish matter with dark blue-looking veins, but the only blue things we had were Hpno and Blue Curacao (fruity schnapps), both were too light in color and not thick. Then I decided to try Grenadine, which is pomegranate flavored syrup. It's nice and thick and held it's shape in the thick, curdled Bailey/Lime mix. So that evolved into sticking the pourer of the grenadine into the shot and swirling while I was pouring and pulling it out, which made it look like a brain with red veins, BAM, Brain Scrambler. I've had someone tell me they had heard of something similar before, but I had never heard of anything like that, and it took me a good 2 hours to create it, lol, so I claim it as my own.

Dolfan73
05-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Mind Erasers do just that. When I wanna have a good laugh, I have the wife drink about 4 of those, and watch the fun begin! I like flaming dr. peppers, jack and coke. Or Tequila str8 up.

And BTW, I love scotch, scotch scotch scotch :D

FinsNCanes
05-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Ususally Jager is a regular of mine.

I had some shot..not even sure if it's a real shot but it was called a Leg Spreader and it tastes like coconut. Was actually really good.

lazareth
05-14-2006, 11:38 AM
kamikaze's

Agent51
05-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Ususally Jager is a regular of mine.

I had some shot..not even sure if it's a real shot but it was called a Leg Spreader and it tastes like coconut. Was actually really good.

It's real. There a few different ways to make it (as with most shots). If yours tasted like coconut then the only one it could be (the I know of) would be Malibu Coconut, Captain Morgan, Peach Schnapps, and Pineapple juice.

I've also heard of it being made with Tequilla, Vodka, Gin, and Rum, which is basically a Long Island Iced Tea or California Lemonade without the triple sec, coke/sprite, and sour mix. I've never tried the drink this way, and I don't imagine it would be very good as it is basically all of the well drinks with no mixer.

There's also a Red-Headed Leg Spreader which is Jager, Tequilla, Vodka, and Cranberry Juice.

Nappy Roots
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM

:yeahthat:

i love that shot. i try and go shot for shot with my boy all the time with these. by far my favorite

i havent had it much, but Liquid Heroin is great. dont know whats in it though.

Agent51
05-14-2006, 12:36 PM
In celebration of me being a surfer and in Hawai'i, lol, I nominate the following few shots/drinks and they're pretty damn good too:

Surfer On Acid - Jager, Malibu Coconut, and Pineapple juice

Hawai'ian Surfer On Acid - Chambord (Rasberry Liqueur), Jager, Malibu Coconut, Pineapple juice.

Surf Rider - Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Orange juice, Sweet/Sour mix (it's lemon flavored), dash of sugar.

Bonzai Pipeline - Blue Carauco (Tropical Fruit Schnapps) and Vodka

Polynesian - Bacardi, Grenadine, Sweet/Sour Mix

Diamond Head - Gin, Blue Carauco, Pineapple juice, Sweet Vermouth

Tanned Beach Bum - Captain Morgan, Kahlua, Milk

Lava Flow - (frozen drink) Basically it's a Pina Colada but with pureed strawberries in the bottom of the glass, so when you pour the Pina Colada in you stick the straw in and swirl while bringing it up, making swirls of red.

Gin Aloha - Gin, Triple Sec (orange flavored liqueuer), Pineapple juice

Pearl Harbor - Vodka, Melon Liqueur, Orange juice, Pineapple juice

Hawai'ian Volcano - SoCo (Southern Comfort in case anyone doesn't know :wink:), Amaretto, Vodka, Orange Juice, Pineapple juice

Blue Hawai'i - Bacardi, Blue Carauco, Sweet/Sour mix, Pineapple juice

Hawai'ian Sunset - Bacardi, Orange Carauco, Sweet/Sour mix, Grenadine

Hawai'i 5-0 - Cherry Vodka, Orange juice, Pineapple Juice

Hawai'ian King - Crown Royal, Pineapple juice

Hawai'ian Paradise - Vodka, Peach Liqueur, Amaretto, Melon Liqueur, Orange juice, Apple juice, Grenadine

:lol:, those are a lot of the novelty, "touristy" drinks. We don't serve them on a regular basis at my club (well, we do if people ask, we just don't promote them every day), but a lot of them are regulars on out drink specials lists. They are all pretty good, some more potent than others, lol. If anyone likes the sound of any of those and wnts to make it, just as me and I'll let you know how to make em (like how much of each ingredient, which glass they are MEANT to be served in, etc). :D

Agent51
05-14-2006, 12:41 PM
:yeahthat:

i love that shot. i try and go shot for shot with my boy all the time with these. by far my favorite

i havent had it much, but Liquid Heroin is great. dont know whats in it though.

Depends on who you ask, like most shots, there are a few ways to make it. The most common way seems to be Jager and Rumplemintz (so a Liquid Cocaine minus the Golschlager). Usually when people ask me for one that is they way they want it. I've had a few people ask me for it made with Jager, Golschlager, Rumplemintz, and Bacardi/Bacardi 151 before, so that's a Liquid Cocaine with a rum added.

Nappy Roots
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Depends on who you ask, like most shots, there are a few ways to make it. The most common way seems to be Jager and Rumplemintz (so a Liquid Cocaine minus the Golschlager). Usually when people ask me for one that is they way they want it. I've had a few people ask me for it made with Jager, Golschlager, Rumplemintz, and Bacardi/Bacardi 151 before, so that's a Liquid Cocaine with a rum added.

yea the one with Bacardi is the one ive had.

sugarcane
05-14-2006, 05:49 PM
They have a new Doctor,Cherry(chilled).I like it,it's easy and I don't find myself parked in the hedges or under a fouton. ;)

Dolfan73
05-15-2006, 01:39 AM
another good one is a Juicy P****. Never made one, a friend of mine always 'tends em up. I think watermelon pucker, bacardi limon, and sumthin else.

NaboCane
05-15-2006, 02:21 AM
OK Agent, I got one for you; what is THE definitive recipe for a rum runner? I've had the tiki bar's version with myers, bacardi dark, bacardi 151, banana liq, blackberry brandy...blended with ice...it's ok.

But by far the best rum runner I've had was in Aruba; I think it had coco lopez in it because it had a pleasant coconut taste, and the cl made it smoother...too smooth, actually. I charged all my pool/beach drinks to my room, and in 4 days I had over 60 of the damn things. And I only drank them during the day, the nights were for my friend Jose Cuervo.

Anyway, I asked the bartender in the pool several times for his recipe but he always laughed my drunk *** off and said it was his own recipe and wouldn't share it. What say you?

PassRush
05-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Mixed, two Four Horsemen will put me down. As far as non mixed, Cuervo, Aftershock, Everclear and last but not least, Mr. Jager

steeda
05-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Jagerbombs, purple MFers, Lemon drops, and Kamikazes are my favorites.. I cant drink straight tequila anymore after one bad night. Just the smell of it makes me want to puke.

Philter25
05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
A woo-woo.

Agent51
05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
another good one is a Juicy P****. Never made one, a friend of mine always 'tends em up. I think watermelon pucker, bacardi limon, and sumthin else.

A Juicy P***y is Bailey's Irish Cream, Peach Schnapps, and Pineapple juice (although some people have asked for it with orange juice).

The only drink I know of that uses Watermelon Pucker and Bacardi Limon is a "Pink Lady", which is those two plus Cherry Vodka

Agent51
05-15-2006, 12:46 PM
OK Agent, I got one for you; what is THE definitive recipe for a rum runner? I've had the tiki bar's version with myers, bacardi dark, bacardi 151, banana liq, blackberry brandy...blended with ice...it's ok.

But by far the best rum runner I've had was in Aruba; I think it had coco lopez in it because it had a pleasant coconut taste, and the cl made it smoother...too smooth, actually. I charged all my pool/beach drinks to my room, and in 4 days I had over 60 of the damn things. And I only drank them during the day, the nights were for my friend Jose Cuervo.

Anyway, I asked the bartender in the pool several times for his recipe but he always laughed my drunk *** off and said it was his own recipe and wouldn't share it. What say you?

That is a fairly loaded question, as I have been asked to make them about 6 (literally) different ways. I have never been told if there is one DEFINITAVE, or "official" recipe, but the way I was taught is:

Bacardi Light
Bacardi Dark
Blackberry Brandy
Cream De Banana
Grenadine
Sweet/Sour Mix
*blend w/ Ice*
Topped with cherries, float a shot of 151

So, unless otherwise specified, that's how I make mine.

Anyone ever tried a Chocolate Cake shot? That is usually the shot we start with when celebrating people's birthdays. It's Frangelica and Vodka, then you pour SUGAR on a lemon, then you take it like Tequila, pound the shot, bite and suck the sugar-covered lemon wedge. Tastes EXACTLY like chocolate cake.

GRAPEAPE
05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
I enjoy the Liquid cocaine ver.1.8 151, Jager, and Rumplemintz

For a twist I will substitute sambuca for the 151

I also like this combo, have no idea what it's called may Agent51 can help. Buttescotch schnapps, and Crown Royal, tasty:tongue:

NaboCane
05-15-2006, 01:58 PM
That is a fairly loaded question, as I have been asked to make them about 6 (literally) different ways. I have never been told if there is one DEFINITAVE, or "official" recipe, but the way I was taught is:

Bacardi Light
Bacardi Dark
Blackberry Brandy
Cream De Banana
Grenadine
Sweet/Sour Mix
*blend w/ Ice*
Topped with cherries, float a shot of 151

So, unless otherwise specified, that's how I make mine.

Anyone ever tried a Chocolate Cake shot? That is usually the shot we start with when celebrating people's birthdays. It's Frangelica and Vodka, then you pour SUGAR on a lemon, then you take it like Tequila, pound the shot, bite and suck the sugar-covered lemon wedge. Tastes EXACTLY like chocolate cake.

Thanks, I'll try that one. The tiki bar in Key Largo is supposed to have invented the drink, therefore theirs is the original - I think. Who knows.

Try it with the blackberry brandy instead of grenadine, and float the myers on top, it makes a pretty tasty beverage. I'm going to experiment this summer with the coco lopez, though. :D

Agent51
05-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I enjoy the Liquid cocaine ver.1.8 151, Jager, and Rumplemintz

For a twist I will substitute sambuca for the 151

I also like this combo, have no idea what it's called may Agent51 can help. Buttescotch schnapps, and Crown Royal, tasty:tongue:

It's called a Buttery Crown (not too hard to remember, lol). My friend, who is also a bartender, calls it a Jack the Ripper, but I think that's a dumb name because to me, it sounds like a shot that should have some Jack Daniels in it, lol

Thanks, I'll try that one. The tiki bar in Key Largo is supposed to have invented the drink, therefore theirs is the original - I think. Who knows.

Try it with the blackberry brandy instead of grenadine, and float the myers on top, it makes a pretty tasty beverage. I'm going to experiment this summer with the coco lopez, though. :D

They way I make it has both (blackberry brandy was the 3rd ingredient I posted :D). I've never tried it with Meyers, but I have tried it with Coconut Rum (Malibu) and Orange and Pineapple juices instead of Sour mix. It's pretty good that way, gives it a bit more of an "island" flair, lol.

NaboCane
05-15-2006, 04:47 PM
They way I make it has both (blackberry brandy was the 3rd ingredient I posted :D). I've never tried it with Meyers, but I have tried it with Coconut Rum (Malibu) and Orange and Pineapple juices instead of Sour mix. It's pretty good that way, gives it a bit more of an "island" flair, lol.

:o

:foundout:

:whistle:

Roman529
05-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Wow...I am learning a lot...thanks for the recipes Agent 51. I am mainly a bourbon drinker, and as I get older I am drinking wine more often, but a mixed drink now and then is good (Mind Erasers or a Long Island ice tea).....I just don't care for the really sweet stuff all the time. I also love a shot of Patron Silver tequilla every now and then. :tongue:

dQbell
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.2night.it/album/drinking/TequilaJoseCuervo_0502_d.jpg

Same here, but in moderation. :wink:

NaboCane
05-15-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.2night.it/album/drinking/TequilaJoseCuervo_0502_d.jpg

The Cuervo gold
The fine Colombian...

Agent51
05-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow...I am learning a lot...thanks for the recipes Agent 51. I am mainly a bourbon drinker, and as I get older I am drinking wine more often, but a mixed drink now and then is good (Mind Erasers or a Long Island ice tea).....I just don't care for the really sweet stuff all the time. I also love a shot of Patron Silver tequilla every now and then. :tongue:

Patron Silver is SO smooth, SURPRISINGLY smooth for Tequila actually. Another good one is Jose Cuervo Black Medallion, I guess it's Jose's "premium" tequila. It's smoother than regular Jose, but not on par with Patron IMO. Might be good for the Jose fans to check out though.

If I had to pick on brand/thing to drink for the rest of my life though, as in a drink with just ONE alcohol, no combo shots like Liquid Cocaine or combo drinks like Rum Runners, I'd pick Grey Goose Vodka, it's the best alcohol EVER. My favorite is Grey Goose is the orange one, then the citrus one, then the regular one, Grey Goose Vanilla is DISGUSTING.

On that note, Grey Goose Vanilla (or Vanilla Absolut) mixed with Mountain Dew tastes like homemade birthday cake, lol.

Roman529
05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Patron Silver is SO smooth, SURPRISINGLY smooth for Tequila actually. Another good one is Jose Cuervo Black Medallion, I guess it's Jose's "premium" tequila. It's smoother than regular Jose, but not on par with Patron IMO. Might be good for the Jose fans to check out though.

If I had to pick on brand/thing to drink for the rest of my life though, as in a drink with just ONE alcohol, no combo shots like Liquid Cocaine or combo drinks like Rum Runners, I'd pick Grey Goose Vodka, it's the best alcohol EVER. My favorite is Grey Goose is the orange one, then the citrus one, then the regular one, Grey Goose Vanilla is DISGUSTING.

On that note, Grey Goose Vanilla (or Vanilla Absolut) mixed with Mountain Dew tastes like homemade birthday cake, lol.

I have noticed a lot of "flavored" vodkas in the stores. I usually just buy some Stolli...and tomato juice and bloody mary mix. Love that stuff. How are the flavored vodkas?

NaboCane
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM

:yes: Grey Goose rocks. Absolut Mandrin too. And Stoli is an all-time favorite of mine, especially the gold...OTR, or in a good dry martini. Mandrin martinis are excellent too.

I don't do Cuervo anymore, prefer the Patrons (reposado is the BEST!).

Agent51
05-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I have noticed a lot of "flavored" vodkas in the stores. I usually just buy some Stolli...and tomato juice and bloody mary mix. Love that stuff. How are the flavored vodkas?

The flavored Grey Goose, aside from Vanilla, is EXCELLENT. I pretty much don't touch other Vodka because I feel like it's "cheating on" Grey Goose, lol. Even when I drink mixed drinks with Vodka in them I use Grey Goose. For this reason I haven't tried a lot of the flavored ones, like Stoli and Absolut, lately. I remember Stoli O (orange) and Absolut Mandarin were pretty good, and I don't care for any of the vanilla ones, and after that I kind of forget, lol. They have cheap flavored ones called UV Vodka. It's like $12 for a liter, and tastes like it, haha. They make Blue Rasberry, Cherry, Orange, and Green Apple. The Blue Rasberry one is OK, the rest are pretty gross.

If ya wanna know how anything is, new products or old, just let me know and I'll try it at work and post a review, lol. The best part is when the liquor distributors come by with new products and they give you "samples" which is just basically you and the distributor sitting there knocking back some shots, lol.

Speaking of new products, Bacardi Grand Melon (watermelon flavored) is new, and it's pretty damn good. Mix it with sprite and you've got a giant glass of watermelon jolly-rancher that gets you drunk, lol.