PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Nintendo Wii

Silverphin
05-14-2006, 11:42 AM
In my humble opinion, after seeing it at E3, the Wii was a whole lot better than I expected. At first, after seeing the controller, I was thinking all games were played in remote control fashion. But I like how the control is held in different ways, depending on which type/sub-type of you are playing. From what I saw so far, my only knock on it is that I wish the console kept its Revolution name. But hey, I'm not the boss.

Link
05-15-2006, 12:33 AM
In my humble opinion, after seeing it at E3, the Wii was a whole lot better than I expected. At first, after seeing the controller, I was thinking all games were played in remote control fashion. But I like how the control is held in different ways, depending on which type/sub-type of you are playing. From what I saw so far, my only knock on it is that I wish the console kept its Revolution name. But hey, I'm not the boss.

My thoughts are: "Its mine the moment I can get my hands on it!" Yeah, and no I am not going to pretend that I love the name. I really did prefer "Revolution" more. However, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and so many more have made me forget all about how much I originally hated the name "Wii". I can live with a name like that on a system that has those great games and a new Revolutionary way to play.

Wow, I have the makings of a great article here. Well, anyway yeah I will be in line the night before launch. I must have the Wii and those games I have mentioned.

Bruzer
05-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I agree with both of you Wii is not the best name but I am looking forward to the new playing styles. I always could careless about graphics and looking forward to the gameplay nintendo can bring us. Nintendo and PS3 is the only systems I will get and with nintendos much cheaper price it will be first.

UltraDol-Fan
05-15-2006, 09:36 AM
I think it will be a good system. If SSB Brawl is any good at all I will pick one up just for this game.

AquaInferno
05-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I hear that there could be a NiGHTS for Wii in the works. If that happens then I'll have a Wii to play backup to my future PS3. Yeah it's a Sega game that has me lookin forward to a Nintendo console. I still can't believe I'm sayin that...

Mike13
05-15-2006, 08:53 PM
I like it, gay name though, I'll be getting one and then I'll get a PS3 whenever the price for that drops.

bullseyeguy
05-15-2006, 10:39 PM
How do you say "Wii"?

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 11:42 PM
pronounced "we"

Dolphin1184
05-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Like "I can now play with my wee" :D

TrueDolFan
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
What's in a name? If Eva Longoria was named "Monkeynuts O'Callahan", she STILL would be hot!
I see the Wii putting Nintendo right back into the fray, I believe the Big N will be able to compete with the so-called big boys. The price alone will sell MANY units.

Dolfan11
05-16-2006, 01:53 PM
What I think? I'll be pre-ordering one very soon. Not sure if you can. All the games are going to be great. One thing I don't like though, is how the graphics in the trailers for Madden 2007 are the same as the current gen versions (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube).

As for the PS3, I own a 360 right now. The price doesn't bother me, just depends on how many games at launch, quality of games, and most importantly how Madden and NCAA are on the PS3. I've always been a Playstation fan over Xbox, and hopefully that trend will continue. I plan on getting rid of the 360 to get the PS3, but as of right now I'm not to sure.

bullseyeguy
05-16-2006, 03:51 PM
I really think the graphics are good enough for me as they are...I dont need to feel like Im watching real life to enjoy a game....
Anyways, how much is the Wii gonna cost, cause I gotta have one!

TrueDolFan
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I really think the graphics are good enough for me as they are...I dont need to feel like Im watching real life to enjoy a game....
Anyways, how much is the Wii gonna cost, cause I gotta have one!

There hasn't been anything official, but the speculation is it will release late this fall for around $250. WAY less expensive than the competition!

If you are old enough to remember back to 1995, a company released a console in Sept. that was "technically inferior", but $100 cheaper than another company's machine that came out that May, and took hold of the market. That company was Sony, with it's Playstation. The other company was Sega, with their Saturn.

The point is, when it comes to technical specs, it doesn't mean crap. It's about the GAMEPLAY! Look, the Sega Master System was "technically superior" in every way to the NES, and we all know the history there.

dQbell
05-16-2006, 04:42 PM
I like the Wii, and I anticipated it being the highlight of E3. I feel as if Wii is more of a secondary gaming console, rather than primary. When you look at the approach that MS and Sony are taking (digital media, online etc.) you get the impression that Nintendo's Wii is more of a novelty item where it's the cute item you'll tinker with, but it's not your main source of gaming. Just my thoughts. Not trying to bash.

bullseyeguy
05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
As far a all the extras the others have, I have a computer that can do all that...I want a game system to, call em crazy, play games with...Hardcore gamers are obviously going to be more enamored with the PS3, and 360, but casual gamers like myself I believe will be steered more towards the Wii....

Link
05-17-2006, 02:51 AM
There hasn't been anything official, but the speculation is it will release late this fall for around $250. WAY less expensive than the competition!

If you are old enough to remember back to 1995, a company released a console in Sept. that was "technically inferior", but $100 cheaper than another company's machine that came out that May, and took hold of the market. That company was Sony, with it's Playstation. The other company was Sega, with their Saturn.

The point is, when it comes to technical specs, it doesn't mean crap. It's about the GAMEPLAY! Look, the Sega Master System was "technically superior" in every way to the NES, and we all know the history there.

Actually it could be $200. I kind of think it will be, but who knows. 200 to 250 dollars is the price range though.

dQbell
05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
As far a all the extras the others have, I have a computer that can do all that...I want a game system to, call em crazy, play games with...Hardcore gamers are obviously going to be more enamored with the PS3, and 360, but casual gamers like myself I believe will be steered more towards the Wii....

I agree, and based on its showing at E3, it will be a lot of fun. I do see it losing its fun factor when playing alone. I'd like to hear more about its online component too. To me, the whole "wiimote" concept is great for having people over and messing with it. I still see the system as the "second thought" system. Of course that's just for me. And, it's mainly because I already got my system for this next gen (360).

FinsNCanes
05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
I can only see Nintendo fan boys getting the Wii. I know my friend Greg will as he already has the cube. I don't care for their games although Smash Bros is a fun game to play with a few people.

TrueDolFan
05-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I can only see Nintendo fan boys getting the Wii.

That statement could only come from the mouth of a hater. Tell me, are you a Sony or Microsoft nut-hugger?

Don't hate, respect.

bullseyeguy
05-19-2006, 03:24 AM
I just heard they are bringing back the zapper...Is this true, can I get a picture if so?

FinsNCanes
05-19-2006, 03:36 AM
That statement could only come from the mouth of a hater. Tell me, are you a Sony or Microsoft nut-hugger?

Don't hate, respect.

Are you serious? My boy is a big Nintendo fan and the only game the Cube put out that was worth my time was Super Smash Bros. I guess you consider me a "Sony fan" yet I've owned both the XBOX and PS2. I'll honestly buy both but I'm not buying the Wii. Only reason I would buy it is for Zelda and Super Smash Bros Brawl. You can't honestly believe the Wii is going to surpass either 360/PS3 graphically. I know games aren't all about graphics but when you have games like Huxley/MGS and what not coming out..sorry..Nintendo just donesn't compete with it's kiddy games. Yeah..blah blah blah you can DL old school games on it, whatever..I'm looking for NEXT GEN games. As much as I love Contra and all that bull**** I'm looking for a bit more of a challen if I'm going to spend 500 bucks on a system. I'll get my "Wii" fix when my boy brings it over. He's a big Nintendo fanboy.

FinsNCanes
05-19-2006, 03:37 AM

Don't hate, respect.

Are you an Nintendo or Nintedo nut-hugger?

Respect, don't hate.

:sidelol: :lol: :D

TrueDolFan
05-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Are you serious? My boy is a big Nintendo fan and the only game the Cube put out that was worth my time was Super Smash Bros. I guess you consider me a "Sony fan" yet I've owned both the XBOX and PS2. I'll honestly buy both but I'm not buying the Wii. Only reason I would buy it is for Zelda and Super Smash Bros Brawl. You can't honestly believe the Wii is going to surpass either 360/PS3 graphically. I know games aren't all about graphics but when you have games like Huxley/MGS and what not coming out..sorry..Nintendo just donesn't compete with it's kiddy games. Yeah..blah blah blah you can DL old school games on it, whatever..I'm looking for NEXT GEN games. As much as I love Contra and all that bull**** I'm looking for a bit more of a challen if I'm going to spend 500 bucks on a system. I'll get my "Wii" fix when my boy brings it over. He's a big Nintendo fanboy.

Just the fact that you said only fanboys would buy the Wii suggested to me that you are a hater. Simple deductive reasoning suggests that if you hate on one company, you must be a nut-hugger of another company. You, however are a different breed of hater, you don't hate because you are hugging the nuts of any one company, you hate, for no other reason than to hate. I can respect that.

With that said, that asian chick in your avatar is HOT! Who is she?

FinsNCanes
05-20-2006, 04:16 AM
Just the fact that you said only fanboys would buy the Wii suggested to me that you are a hater. Simple deductive reasoning suggests that if you hate on one company, you must be a nut-hugger of another company. You, however are a different breed of hater, you don't hate because you are hugging the nuts of any one company, you hate, for no other reason than to hate. I can respect that.

With that said, that asian chick in your avatar is HOT! Who is she?

I have no idea who she is :cooldude:

Although I don't "hate" on any company. My boy is a big Nintendo fan and I enjoy Super Smash Bros and what not (****..I grew up on Nintendo) but I do realize/undersand when something better has come along to jump on it. My dad works for Sony so therefore I'm a little bit pushed to represent, although I think I'm going to be buying the 360 and ps3. I just think Nintendo needs to go more mature with their games.

PS - I do love Bomberman though.

FinsNCanes
05-20-2006, 04:17 AM
Are you an Nintendo or Nintedo nut-hugger?

Respect, don't hate.

:sidelol: :lol: :D

I just realized this post made absolutely no sense

:D :lol:

Bleh..that's what I get for getting on FH drunk.

Phinz4Life
05-21-2006, 05:17 PM
I had such a bad experience with the Gamecube that I'm skeptic.

Not only did the lack of good games and developers piss me off, but my system just died on me one day without notice.

Thank god for my X-Box.