PDA

View Full Version : What Your Car Says About You



poornate
03-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Something funny

Subject: What Your Car Says About You!

"What Your Car Says About You..."

Acura Integra - I have always wanted to own the Buick of sports cars.

Acura Legend - I'm too bland for German cars.

Acura NSX - I am impotent.

Audi 90 - I enjoy putting out engine fires.

Buick Park Avenue - I am older than 34 of the 50 states.

Cadillac Eldorado - I am a very good Mary Kay salesman.

Cadillac Seville - I am a pimp.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people.

Chevrolet Chevette - I like seeing people's reactions when I tell them
have a 'Vette.

Chevrolet Corvette - I'm in a mid-life crisis.

Chevrolet El Camino - I am leading a militia to overthrow the
government.

Chrysler Cordoba - I dig the rich Corinthian leather.

Datsun 280Z - I have a kilo of cocaine in my wheel well.

Dodge Dart - I teach third grade special education, and I voted for
Eisenhower.

Dodge Daytona - I delivered pizza for ! four years to get this car.

Ferrari Testarossa - I am known to prematurely ejaculate.

Ford Explorer - I will not be caught dead in a mini van.

Ford Fairmont - (See Dodge Dart).

Ford Mustang - I slow down to 85 in school zones.

Ford Crown Victoria - I enjoy having people slow to 55 mph and change
lanes when I pull up behind them.

Geo Storm - I will start the 11th grade in the fall.

Geo Tracker - I will start the 12th grade in the fall.

Honda del Sol - I have always said, half a convertible is better than no
convertible at all.

Honda Civic - I have just graduated and have no credit.

Honda Accord - I lack any originality and am basically a lemming.

Infiniti Q45 - I am a physician with 17 malpractice suits pending.

Isuzu Impulse - I do not give a damn about J.D. Power or his reports.

Jaguar XJ6 - I am so rich I will pay 60K for a car that is in the shop
280 days per year.

Kia! Sephia - I learned nothing from the failure of Daihatsu Corp.

Lamborghini Countach - I only have one testicle.

Lincoln Town Car - I live for bingo and covered dish suppers.

Mercury Grand Marquis (See above).

Mercedes 500SL - I will beat you up if you ask me for an autograph.

Mercedes 560SEL - I have a daughter named Bitsy and a son named Cole.

Mazda Miata - I do not fear being decapitated by an eighteen-wheeler.

MGB - I am dating a mechanic.

Mitsubishi Diamante - I don't know what it means either.

Nissan 300ZX - I have yet to complete my divorce proceedings.

Oldsmobile Cutlass - I just stole this car and I'm going to make a
fortune off the parts.

Peugeot 505 Diesel - I am on the EPA's Ten Most Wanted List.

Plymouth Neon - I sincerely enjoy doing the Macarena.

Pontiac Trans AM - I have a switchblade in my sock.

Porsche 911 Turbo - I have a three inch thingie.

Porsche 944! - I am dating big haired women that otherwise would be
inaccessible to me.

Rolls Royce Silver Shadow - I think Pat Buchanon is a tad bit too
liberal.

Saturn SC2 - (See Honda Civic).

Subaru Legacy - I have always wanted a Japanese car even more inferior
than Isuzu.

Toyota Camry - I am still in the closet.

Volkswagon Beetle - I still watch Partridge Family reruns.

Volkswagon Cabriolet - I am out of the closet.

Volkswagon Microbus - I am tripping right now.

Volvo 740 Wagon - I am frightened of my wife.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2003, 11:22 AM
:lol: :rofl:

LeftCoastPhin
03-20-2003, 12:33 PM
That is some funny schzzzznit

t2thejz
03-20-2003, 12:57 PM
:lol:

Dajesus
03-20-2003, 01:45 PM
That was great, and for me so true. I have a civic, am 25, and have no credit. If I did have credit and my intrest wasn't so high, i could probably be impotent and be paying the same car payment for an NSX.

poornate
03-20-2003, 01:53 PM
It's not all true. I have a few cars and one is a 69' El Camino.

No Militia Here. :lol:

Muck
03-20-2003, 07:38 PM
None of the cars I've ever owned are on that list. lol.

Barbarian
03-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Hmmmm, well, I own a Saturn, but it's not an SC2... so there :P

Baz
03-20-2003, 11:48 PM
LMAO. I own a Camaro, and it says I like to beat the hell out of people. Thats so true, I absolutely love slamming a punt returner to the ground, and watching the dazed look on his face as I get up.......

dolfan06
03-21-2003, 02:33 AM
where's dodge ram and pontiac bonneville on that list?:rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-21-2003, 02:35 AM
i like big boy toys.....................

motors and the like!

knobs and switches...................

and a 4 wheel drive!

Barbarian
03-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Bazinet37
LMAO. I own a Camaro, and it says I like to beat the hell out of people. Thats so true, I absolutely love slamming a punt returner to the ground, and watching the dazed look on his face as I get up.......

You own a Camero?

Carefull, the NCAA might find out about it and take it the wrong way... just keep far away from the schools alumni and you should be okay. ;)

Dolfan984
03-21-2003, 02:49 AM
'68 Pontiac GTO here. ;)

Peebs
03-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Ford Mustang - I slow down to 85 in school zones.

That used to be me until my baby died.

I'm now...


Oldsmobile Cutlass - I just stole this car and I'm going to make a off the parts.



But mine is a Supreme, 2 door black with tinted windows. The car makes me look like I could kick some serious ass.....:eek:

LeftCoastPhin
03-21-2003, 01:25 PM
This blonde housewife is getting bored as her husband is always out of town on business. She complains to him, and he suggests she tries to find work doing odd jobs around the neighborhood. So, she goes to this guy's house and offers her services and he tellls her that he'll give her $100 to paint his porch. So she takes the 2 gallons of white paint and gets to work. Not long after, she rings the door bell and says, "I'm all done. I had plenty of paint so I painted in twice. And by the way, it's not a porch, it's a Lexus.

inFINSible
03-21-2003, 02:45 PM
What does a Ford Ranger extended cab/flairside says about it's owner?......

LeftCoastPhin
03-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
What does a Ford Ranger extended cab/flairside says about it's owner?......


It says you are a hermorphadite with a severe case of acne.

:goof: :lol:

Dajesus
03-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
What does a Ford Ranger extended cab/flairside says about it's owner?......

It said that you probably still think the horrible stickers with the litle kid peeing on the Chevy symbol are funny. it may also say that you kind of think your cusin is hot, but you haven't decided if it it would be morally wrong to make a move on her yet.

inFINSible
03-21-2003, 03:19 PM
:lol::lol:.......or it could say that your credit is not good enough for the four door F250 4x4....:lol:

inFINSible
03-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
It says you are a hermorphadite with a severe case of acne.

:goof: :lol:

I don't have acne!

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't have acne! THEN YOUR NECK THREW UP!:D

Marino1983
03-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
THEN YOUR NECK THREW UP!:D

:rofl: :lol: Marino1983

poornate
03-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Saturns and Fords? What are you all smoking? I'd rather have a bike!
:lol:

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by poornate
Saturns and Fords? What are you all smoking? I'd rather have a bike!
:lol: i have a dodge and a pontiac! AMERICAN!;)

themole
03-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
This blonde housewife is getting bored as her husband is always out of town on business. She complains to him, and he suggests she tries to find work doing odd jobs around the neighborhood. So, she goes to this guy's house and offers her services and he tellls her that he'll give her $100 to paint his porch. So she takes the 2 gallons of white paint and gets to work. Not long after, she rings the door bell and says, "I'm all done. I had plenty of paint so I painted in twice. And by the way, it's not a porch, it's a Lexus.

LCF...that smacks of racism and intoerance!:lol: Just thought I'd beat someone to the punch.:evil:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by themole
LCF...that smacks of racism and intoerance!:lol: Just thought I'd beat someone to the punch.:evil: yeah, you should know better than that!:eek:

themole
03-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
THEN YOUR NECK THREW UP!:D


SHE...IT! :rofl: :hail:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by themole
SHE...IT! :rofl: :hail: inFINS lays one on me every now and then, thought it was time to get him back!:D

themole
03-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
inFINS lays one on me every now and then, thought it was time to get him back!:D

:lol: It's definitely a classic! Do you mind if I use it?

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by themole
:lol: It's definitely a classic! Do you mind if I use it? i don't have a patent on it, be my guest!;)

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i have a dodge and a pontiac! AMERICAN!;)

Saturns and Fords are American too. :confused:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Saturns and Fords are American too. :confused: fords have more japanese parts than any american car out there, on saturn, ya got me though! :rolleyes: :tongue:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 02:52 AM
Well, your Dodge isn't all American either. :lol:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Well, your Dodge isn't all American either. :lol: i know, but i like the dodge ram, besides they have the fewest foreign parts. when the government bailed out chrysler, that was one of the stipulations, they had to use american parts!:nana:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:00 AM
Mine is more American than yours. Na ne na ne nah nah!!!!!!!!!!


(It's an Olds that was built in 1985 :lol: )

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
Mine is more American than yours. Na ne na ne nah nah!!!!!!!!!!


(It's an Olds that was built in 1985 :lol: ) it also has to be smogged every 2 years, mine doesn't ever have to be!:nana:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:07 AM
smogged?

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
smogged? i forgot, only california has those laws! but i can get 600-700 mi out of a tank, how much do you get?:rolleyes:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:19 AM
I dunno, but I can't afford a newer car.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
I dunno, but I can't afford a newer car. my wife is looking at one of those pearl colored caddy's!:rolleyes:

poornate
03-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Fords and Saturns are similar because of all the maintenance problems they have. Junky. And Kias and Hyundais etc. etc.

Dolfan984
03-23-2003, 03:28 PM
I get 12 miles per gallon. :( But my car is more American than any of yours! ;)

Pagan
03-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by poornate
Fords and Saturns are similar because of all the maintenance problems they have. Junky. And Kias and Hyundais etc. etc.

I don't know what Saturn you've ever owned, but I'm on my 4th, and all had over 160K on them when I got rid of them and were still running like a top.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
I get 12 miles per gallon. :( But my car is more American than any of yours! ;) must own a datsun!:D

poornate
03-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pagan
I don't know what Saturn you've ever owned, but I'm on my 4th, and all had over 160K on them when I got rid of them and were still running like a top.

You are one of the lucky ones. They are so cheaply put together. I do appraisals on cars. Saturns not only break really easy but have major factory defects and lose there value very fast. Not as bad as a Kia though. I would think you've dodged a few bullets owning them. Get out before your luck gives out.

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
my wife is looking at one of those pearl colored caddy's!:rolleyes:


Now come on 06, admit that you are the one who is looking to buy !!!!:eek: :shakeno: :jk: :lol: Marino1983

Dajesus
03-23-2003, 08:27 PM
I would never ever ever ever buy an American car. I just don't see how haveing a car that may last 80,000 miles compared to having a honda that will get me 150,000 and I can still turn around and get 4k in trade value makes me a better American.

poornate
03-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Toyota, Jeep, and Chrysler are the most maintenance free cars made. Toyotas and Hondas are the longest running.
On average a honda averages 20,000 miles more than a domestic in it's life and a Toyota about 14,000 more. The reason people buy dometic is for luxury without Benz or Beamer prices. The quality of the cars in the big three are far superior to what you find in lower priced imports. There interiors, comfort and ride are not near the quality that you find in high line domestics.

Hellion
03-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by poornate
Fords and Saturns are similar because of all the maintenance problems they have. Junky. And Kias and Hyundais etc. etc.

I've owned nothing but Ford trucks and never had maintenance problems with them. (well at least not problems that I haven't inflicted on them ;) )

Dodge on the other hand couldn't make a transmision to save their lives. plus their UUUUUUUUUGLY. :tongue:

Chevy's are ok but they need to quit trying to turn their trucks into a cadillacs.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
I've owned nothing but Ford trucks and never had maintenance problems with them. (well at least not problems that I haven't inflicted on them ;) )

Dodge on the other hand couldn't make a transmision to save their lives. plus their UUUUUUUUUGLY. :tongue:

Chevy's are ok but they need to quit trying to turn their trucks into a cadillacs. the dodge ram i have now, with the cummins diesel, will outrun any ford on the road today. and at 300,000 miles it will still be running!

poornate
03-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
I've owned nothing but Ford trucks and never had maintenance problems with them. (well at least not problems that I haven't inflicted on them ;) )

Dodge on the other hand couldn't make a transmision to save their lives. plus their UUUUUUUUUGLY. :tongue:

Chevy's are ok but they need to quit trying to turn their trucks into a cadillacs.

If it's a Ford made pre 1997 it's a fairly good vehicle. Especially the F150's. After 1997 it's a lump unless it's a high line.

poornate
03-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Hellion
I've owned nothing but Ford trucks and never had maintenance problems with them. (well at least not problems that I haven't inflicted on them ;) )

Dodge on the other hand couldn't make a transmision to save their lives. plus their UUUUUUUUUGLY. :tongue:

Chevy's are ok but they need to quit trying to turn their trucks into a cadillacs.

Dodge transmissions are the opposite. They have steadily improved over the last five or six years while Ford has greatly regressed.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by poornate
If it's a Ford made pre 1997 it's a fairly good vehicle. Especially the F150's. After 1997 it's a lump unless it's a high line. why would anybody want to buy a ford anyway back in the 50's they condemned the edsel because it was all grill. take the new f-250, turn the grill vertical, and you have an edsel, all grill!:rolleyes:

Hellion
03-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Where I live you can't throw a rock without hitting a pickup, so I'll believe what I see.

I have 3 friends that have Dodge Rams, 98 , 00 and 02, I also have a brother-in-law that has a Ram (97) everyone of them had to have tranny work done, meanwhile my Ranger (94) and F-150 (02) keep right on movin.
Now I do know people who don't have any problems with their Rams, but my company has an incentive program with Ford so there's alot of them in the parking lot and % wise more people that own the Dodge Rams are complaining alot more than the Ford and Chevy owners.

Infact my quality control tech traded his 01 Ram in for a 02 F-150 because he was sick of it being in the garage more than his driveway.

There's a reason Ford has the #1 selling truck of all time.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Hellion

There's a reason Ford has the #1 selling truck of all time. i don't know how ford gets away with that! you know why dodge has not changed their body style much, because that model outsold ford 2-1!

and btw, i've had a 98 and a 2000. and never had a problem. the only ones the i know that have had problems with the trans are the ones that add the banks system without beefing up the rear end. the banks adds 111% torque to the rear wheels, of course your gonna have problems!

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 11:36 PM
btw, go to the midwest where all the cowboys roam, the best truck for getting through the mud and muck are chevy's, thats all you'll see out there!

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Dajesus
I would never ever ever ever buy an American car. I just don't see how haveing a car that may last 80,000 miles compared to having a honda that will get me 150,000 and I can still turn around and get 4k in trade value makes me a better American. why would i get a honda, that gets 150k when i can get a dodge that'll get 300k? besides, have you ever tried to pull a 5th wheel with a honda! DON"T WORK! can't even install a hitch!:tongue:

Hellion
03-24-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't know how ford gets away with that! you know why dodge has not changed their body style much, because that model outsold ford 2-1!

and btw, i've had a 98 and a 2000. and never had a problem. the only ones the i know that have had problems with the trans are the ones that add the banks system without beefing up the rear end. the banks adds 111% torque to the rear wheels, of course your gonna have problems!

Interesting 06, I know two of them were stock, but i'll have to ask the others about their Rams.
Anyways I don't normally get into pissing matches over these things.
I like my truck, it's fixed up nice, the chics dig it:ladysman: besides, I am rubber you are glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you. :nana:

:lol:

Hellion
03-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
why would i get a honda, that gets 150k when i can get a dodge that'll get 300k? besides, have you ever tried to pull a 5th wheel with a honda! DON"T WORK! can't even install a hitch!:tongue:

:rofl: Yeah I tried once but it was a front wheel drive Honda and I couldn't move or steer and all I could see was the sky. :lol:

:jk:

poornate
03-24-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Hellion
Where I live you can't throw a rock without hitting a pickup, so I'll believe what I see.

I have 3 friends that have Dodge Rams, 98 , 00 and 02, I also have a brother-in-law that has a Ram (97) everyone of them had to have tranny work done, meanwhile my Ranger (94) and F-150 (02) keep right on movin.
Now I do know people who don't have any problems with their Rams, but my company has an incentive program with Ford so there's alot of them in the parking lot and % wise more people that own the Dodge Rams are complaining alot more than the Ford and Chevy owners.

Infact my quality control tech traded his 01 Ram in for a 02 F-150 because he was sick of it being in the garage more than his driveway.

There's a reason Ford has the #1 selling truck of all time.

I don't have a vehicle preference really. I did say that F-150 is a good truck. That is the reason it's the all time #1 truck producer. Unfortunately the company sells by reputation alone now because they are steadily producing inferior products. I look at vehicle's worth all day long. Look up depreciation stats yourself. Nothing is more indicative of a vehicles expected life like the value it can hold. ie-the Ford escape is really scary.

dolfan06
03-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Hellion
besides, I am rubber you are glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you. :nana:

:lol: with a statement like that, i now know you're talking about a truck you push around a sandbox!:tongue: :lol:

Pagan
03-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by poornate
You are one of the lucky ones. They are so cheaply put together. I do appraisals on cars. Saturns not only break really easy but have major factory defects and lose there value very fast. Not as bad as a Kia though. I would think you've dodged a few bullets owning them. Get out before your luck gives out.

Just curious....why are they always ranked at the top in customer satisfaction then?

poornate
03-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Initial customer satisfaction surveys are issued in the first 6 months of ownership. Try looking at a consumer list 36 month survey. There are enough horror stories to make a Stephen King novel. I don't really care if you like them. Keep buying them if you want. I just know what I know and would love to help you out. I would recommend finding another brand. It's always up to you if you stick with a Saturn or not. I have a friend that owns a base model Saturn SC2? that bought (leased) it on the Saturn Smart Buy plan (rip off). She owes $15000 dollars on the car and it is already acting up (41k miles-they usally at least go to 60k). We ran a purchase appraisal on it for her and the NADA trade allowance is only $2200. Basically she is in a waist high deep s--t hole and sinking fast. I'm glad you have had good luck wityh the mechanical side of your Saturns (and you have had good luck) but the financial side is something you have no control over. Botton line Saturns lose their value quicker than a snow ball melts in hell. I'm just advising you on something I know about.
peace...


p.s.- GO DOLPHINS!!!

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 04:40 PM
My '97 Saturn SL1 has just hit 100,000 Miles.

I still get 33 MPG.

My list of problems?
I ran over a nail.

Thats about it.

The most trouble free car I have ever owned.

poornate
03-24-2003, 04:56 PM
lucky :rolleyes:

:tongue:

poornate
03-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by poornate
I'm glad you have had good luck wityh the mechanical side of your Saturns (and you have had good luck) but the financial side is something you have no control over. Botton line Saturns lose their value quicker than a snow ball melts in hell. I'm just advising you on something I know about.
peace...


p.s.- GO DOLPHINS!!!

I am really glad yours have run well. Looking out for fellow fans.


:)

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by poornate
lucky :rolleyes:

:tongue:

I appreciate what your saying, but my friends parents have owened 4 saturns since the early 90's (they each had their own) and the only thing they ever had done with them was regularly scheduled maintenace.

I've just never met anybody personally that has ever had real problems with a Saturn.

I'm not saying it never happens, because obviously it does to all cars, but I just still have yet to see it.

poornate
03-24-2003, 07:25 PM
I can tell you that it not only happens but it happens frequently. Even yours ran great why would you want a vehicle that loses 65% of it's value in under two years and around 40% in the first 6 months.

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Because I allways buy cars that are 2-3 years old. :D

poornate
03-24-2003, 09:40 PM
If you are buying used try a Toyota, Jeep, Chrysler, or GM.
Excluding the Sebring 4 cylinder, Jimmy, Cavalier, 97 and older Grand Cherokees, and any 97 or older Sebring and you will be fine. A reference will be to look them up at NADA trade value and add $1500 to the value they list (this is a reference for a low mile car). This is generally not a bad deal.

Never buy a Mercury car, Ford (besides F-150), Eagle, Kia, Neon (either brand), Hyundai, Land Rover, H2, Saturn, Pontiac Sunfire.

Since I'm giving advice (wanted or otherwise) why buy a all these Lexus sports coupes when they are the same as a decked out Toyota Avalon to a tee and don't hold their value quite as well.

Don't buy a Honda Odysey. They are not that comfortable and that third row seat everyone is raving about really sucks. It causes tons of road noise and is too heavy for a lot of people to lift out anyway. Get a Chrysler Town and Country. They are a thousand times more quiet. No import brand or mini-van can compete with the luxury these provide. If they have transmission problems (which are uncommon but sometimes occur in the brand) it is usally in the first ten thousand miles and easily covered by their waranty.

Never buy a new car. Get a one-two year old used car. They represent the best value to the consumer. You can pay for the car, buy a warranty better than the original, and still pocket a few thousand dollars. That's not a lot to pay for giving up 15-20 thousand miles.

Barbarian
03-25-2003, 01:14 PM
I agree wholeheartedly about the used car vs new one.

I will probably never buy a new car, ever.

Especially when you consider that the average car looses about 1/2 of it's value after the first 4 years. 2 years old seems to be the best values out there generally.

poornate
03-25-2003, 01:28 PM
It doesn't take four years to lose half. Hell it doesn't take 18 months for many cars.

Barbarian
03-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by poornate
It doesn't take four years to lose half. Hell it doesn't take 18 months for many cars.

According to Kelley, MSN Auto's and the American Automobile ssociation it takes on average 4 years for cars Blue Book Value to drop to 1/2 of the Cars Origeonal New Value.

MSN Auto's actually had large report regarding this and graphed out the values of several cars over the course of several years.

poornate
03-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Go ahead and check a value book that is written by the auto industry.
I suggest Black Book. Blue book is the most inaccurate guide written. It is written by banks to assess loan approval prices. It is only issued once a year and very far from reality. I'm sure you are looking at reatail prices (which are inflated by 15% in blue book anyway). Remember a car's value is what it's worth at average book (not clean) at trade value. Black Book is issued around once every 30-60 days and by far the best pricing guide since it is made for the automobile dealers and wholesalers. NADA trade value may be easier for someone to find on the net.

Barbarian
03-26-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by poornate
Go ahead and check a value book that is written by the auto industry.
I suggest Black Book. Blue book is the most inaccurate guide written.

Blue book is also the one that is used in determining how much you buy and sell cars for in the real world. So how is it innacurate?

Barbarian
03-26-2003, 09:47 AM
dude... All I know is what I have seen experts from 3 different major websites and one major automobile club say... I'm getting tired of this. I'm through with this topic.

Dajesus
03-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by poornate
Go ahead and check a value book that is written by the auto industry.
I suggest Black Book. Blue book is the most inaccurate guide written. It is written by banks to assess loan approval prices. It is only issued once a year and very far from reality. I'm sure you are looking at reatail prices (which are inflated by 15% in blue book anyway). Remember a car's value is what it's worth at average book (not clean) at trade value. Black Book is issued around once every 30-60 days and by far the best pricing guide since it is made for the automobile dealers and wholesalers. NADA trade value may be easier for someone to find on the net.

I do know if you go to a bank and try to finace a used car they open a a blue book, and with good crdit they will only give you what that car is worth according to the blue book.

poornate
03-26-2003, 11:45 AM
which is inflated 15%

Justasportsfan
03-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Poornate, what's your take on the Subaru's?

One thing I want to add is that the Nissans outperform Toyota's but resale value sucks.

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
'68 Pontiac GTO here. ;)

You My friend, are my personal hero!

My dream car has always been the '70 GTO Judge... but a '68 is sweet too!

What does it say about a GMC Sierra Z71? or a Harley Sportster?
Also have a Saturn... but not the SC series... it's an LS1....

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by poornate
Initial customer satisfaction surveys are issued in the first 6 months of ownership. Try looking at a consumer list 36 month survey. There are enough horror stories to make a Stephen King novel. I don't really care if you like them. Keep buying them if you want. I just know what I know and would love to help you out. I would recommend finding another brand. It's always up to you if you stick with a Saturn or not. I have a friend that owns a base model Saturn SC2? that bought (leased) it on the Saturn Smart Buy plan (rip off). She owes $15000 dollars on the car and it is already acting up (41k miles-they usally at least go to 60k). We ran a purchase appraisal on it for her and the NADA trade allowance is only $2200. Basically she is in a waist high deep s--t hole and sinking fast. I'm glad you have had good luck wityh the mechanical side of your Saturns (and you have had good luck) but the financial side is something you have no control over. Botton line Saturns lose their value quicker than a snow ball melts in hell. I'm just advising you on something I know about.
peace...


p.s.- GO DOLPHINS!!!

Dude... I owned a 1994 Saturn SL until last year... never gave me one bit of problems.... just traded it in for the LS1... so far, I love it... I drive a Saturn anyday, and know of many others who will say the same....

JMHO.
:cooldude:

LeftCoastPhin
03-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Dude... I owned a 1994 Saturn SL until last year... never gave me one bit of problems.... just traded it in for the LS1... so far, I love it... I drive a Saturn anyday, and know of many others who will say the same....

JMHO.
:cooldude:


I also own my second Saturn, been driving them since '99. No problems, and also know other happy Saturn owners.

poornate
03-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by justafan
Poornate, what's your take on the Subaru's?

One thing I want to add is that the Nissans outperform Toyota's but resale value sucks.

Maxima holds it's allright. It's a good car if you keep it for a few years before getting something else. Subaru's are good cars for the most part. They are pretty reliable and hold there value okay. I'm not that big of the styling but they can run forever and have a good all wheel drive system. I also didn't mention Volvo which is also a good vehicle (unless you buy one of those bastard 5 cylinders, which are junk). Also since I'm expelling tons of work thoughts in this thread. NEVER buy a Landrover. So uncomfortable and easily one of the worst electrical systems ever. There are not even many companies that can even warranty them.


Done for now. I know this is redundant with the Saturn thing but do me a favor. Ride somewhere to a car dealership and act like you have to sell your car and ask them what the black book is for it. If it's worth your time. There is no reason for me to makeup anything about a Saturn. I have no motivation and don't sit around wasting my time for no reason. This is part of my job. I don't care if a thousand people tell me Saturn love stories. I buy cars everyday, and Saturns are junk. They are worth nothing. i don't mind endlessly arguing this point though so feel free to roll on.


:D

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 02:03 AM
:D

poornate
03-27-2003, 03:01 AM
Nothing not to love.

Justasportsfan
03-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by poornate
Maxima holds it's allright. It's a good car if you keep it for a few years before getting something else. Subaru's are good cars for the most part. They are pretty reliable and hold there value okay. I'm not that big of the styling but they can run forever and have a good all wheel drive system. I also didn't mention Volvo which is also a good vehicle (unless you buy one of those bastard 5 cylinders, which are junk). Also since I'm expelling tons of work thoughts in this thread. NEVER buy a Landrover. So uncomfortable and easily one of the worst electrical systems ever. There are not even many companies that can even warranty them.


Done for now. I know this is redundant with the Saturn thing but do me a favor. Ride somewhere to a car dealership and act like you have to sell your car and ask them what the black book is for it. If it's worth your time. There is no reason for me to makeup anything about a Saturn. I have no motivation and don't sit around wasting my time for no reason. This is part of my job. I don't care if a thousand people tell me Saturn love stories. I buy cars everyday, and Saturns are junk. They are worth nothing. i don't mind endlessly arguing this point though so feel free to roll on.


:D

Thanks man. I just bought a 94 SVX. It tends to cause a lot of accident's because People stare at the while driving and is a babe magnet. Got it cheap too. Do you know of any extended warranties I can ge for it. I know that the 92's and 93's had major tranny problems. I've been told by Subaru experts that the 94's don't have tranny problems but just wanted to make sure. Being that there were only 23,000 ever made parts can be expensive.

poornate
03-27-2003, 03:54 PM
You may try a company called API. They are a subsidiary of Travellers Insurance. They have GREAT warranties really cheap. It may be hard to get one for a ten year old car though. Or it may be to expensive to want it. Check it out though. :)

Justasportsfan
03-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by poornate
You may try a company called API. They are a subsidiary of Travellers Insurance. They have GREAT warranties really cheap. It may be hard to get one for a ten year old car though. Or it may be to expensive to want it. Check it out though. :)

thanks. Youre pretty cool as long as you don't talk football :lol: :jk:

poornate
03-27-2003, 05:11 PM
That's when I'm really fun.