PDA

View Full Version : Would it be SO wrong?....

PhinPhan1227
03-20-2003, 12:20 PM
...if manufacturers of American flags used a material in the weave which was deadly toxic if burned?

LeftCoastPhin
03-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Not at all! Of course I'm for free speech and protest but burning the flag is a dispicable act and I'd have no sympathy for the victim. If you hate the country THAT bad that you feel you need to burn the flag, then you need to MOVE. It's simple as that.

iceblizzard69
03-20-2003, 12:36 PM
I hate it when people burn the American flag, but what if someone had a flag in their house and the house went on fire. The fire would be a lot worse if it caught onto the flag. I also think that people who burn our flag should move, it is just disgusting.

LeftCoastPhin
03-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I hate it when people burn the American flag, but what if someone had a flag in their house and the house went on fire. The fire would be a lot worse if it caught onto the flag. I also think that people who burn our flag should move, it is just disgusting.

That never even crossed my mind! Good thought. That rules out the toxin idea! How about, arresting the bastards, hence making it illegal. The sentence is exile to the country of their choice. (after a through a$$ kicking) jk, or am I?

poornate
03-20-2003, 12:46 PM
What about non flamable dense weave fiber. It doesn't burn at all.

poornate
03-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Who says they are not home made flags being burned anyway. I can only imagine you are watching Pakistan on CNN. I'm going to bet they are home made because I don't think there is an American Flag store in Pakistan.

Biggunndunn
03-20-2003, 12:49 PM
that would piss them off

poornate
03-20-2003, 12:50 PM
...unless it carries flags, gas, coal and other heating accessories.

:nono::fire:

PhinPhan1227
03-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

There are already hundreds of items in a persons house that are toxic when burned. Trust me, when a house fire hits that closet that contains all the stuff that your kids are supposed to stay away from, it's plenty toxic already. And heck, when Boy Scouts burn old flags, they could earn their "Gas Mask merit badges"!!...:lol:

Barbarian
03-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Also, don't forget that the the correct way to dispose of a flag that has been desecrated or damaged beyond use is by burning it. So that might not be a good idea... but maybe we can send a shipment of those toxic ones over to france. (I'm kidding about the France thing (kinda)! Relax folks)