PDA

View Full Version : Lyrical help for art project

JTBRLZ
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM
For my art project I have to pick a lyric from a song and like write the lyric out and then add some art pertaining to the lyric. I'm going blank trying to think of something I can draw. I'm not very artistic so I'm trying to think of something as easy as possibly. I'd really prefer not to have to draw any people since I'm terrible at it. Any help would be appreciated.

cnc66
05-15-2006, 07:53 PM
we all live in a yellow submarine...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Celtkin
05-15-2006, 08:00 PM
we all live in a yellow submarine...

http://spunbystefan.fws1.com/yellowsub/yellowsub.jpg

Excellent suggestion, bro

Agent51
05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
For my art project I have to pick a lyric from a song and like write the lyric out and then add some art pertaining to the lyric. I'm going blank trying to think of something I can draw. I'm not very artistic so I'm trying to think of something as easy as possibly. I'd really prefer not to have to draw any people since I'm terrible at it. Any help would be appreciated.

Which class is it for man? When I was in high school I had to do this for my Portfolio Developement class. I did "Eclipse" off of "Dark Side Of The Moon" by Pink Floyd. I used the lyric "and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon" and then drew and landscape where one side was all nice and peaceful and serene, and the moon was in the middle of the sky, eclipsing the sun but with one side of the sun still visible, and on the "dark side" of it the landscape was a big wasteland and everything, and in the middle of it was the two different landscapes blending into each other.

I was pretty serious about art in high school, it's what I wanted to do for my career before I decided on owning a nightclub as my ultimate goal. I won the "scholastic" award a few times, the "gold key" one. I won it for painting, illustration, and graphic design. The painting was for a landscape, the illustration for an abstract portrait, and the graphic design for designing a CD case for my favorite band. I was accepted to Rhode Island School of Design, Art Institute oF Boston, Montserrat, and Art Institue of Chicago and I got a full scholarship to Academy of Art in San Francisco and Savannah College of Art and Design, but, like with my football scholarship to San Diego State, I decided I didn't want to wait 4 more years to move to Hawai'i, I just love it too much to wait, lol.

As far as lyrics, check the likes of Kimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc etc. I've got a million ideas for illustrating song lyrics, in fact I still do that in my spare time. That particular project was my favorite one EVER assigned, I love making an illustration/painting to lyrics. As far as what to pick, I'm sure everyone on this board has a favorite, but it should be a lyric that really inspires YOU. Read through a bunch and you'll know which one is the winner, it will be the one that you rwad and an awesome idea for a picture pops into your head. It also depends on what kind of art you like. If you like abstract stuff, something like Hendrix or Pink Floyd would be cool, if you like really "dark" stuff, try some heavy metal, like Iron Maiden or something, if you like laid back and peaceful, try Bob Dylan, and so on. Good luck man, it's an EXCELLENT art project. Art was always my favorite subject, and I took every class my high school had to offer, and out of them all, that was by far the one that has stuck with me and that I enjoyed the most.

darkmistress
05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
do the national anthem and paint a flag... pretty simple :chuckle:

GRAPEAPE
05-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I did a piece for Metallicas "one" in college. The song is about war and pain, made for a very interesting piece.

Metallica
One I Can't Remember AnythingCan't Tell If this Is True or DreamDeep down Inside I Feel to Screamthis Terrible Silence Stops MeNow That the War Is Through with MeI'm Waking up I Can Not SeeThat There Is Not Much Left of MeNothing Is Real but Pain NowHold My Breath as I Wish for DeathOh Please God,wake MeBack in the Womb its Much Too Realin Pumps Life That I must Feelbut Can't Look Forward to RevealLook to the Time When I'll LiveFed Through the Tube That Sticks in MeJust like a Wartime NoveltyTied to Machines That Make Me BeCut this Life off from MeHold My Breath as I Wish for DeathOh Please God,wake MeNow the World Is Gone I'm Just OneOh God,help Me Hold My Breath as I Wish for DeathOh Please God Help MeDarkness Imprisoning MeAll That I SeeAbsolute HorrorI Cannot LiveI Cannot DieTrapped in MyselfBody My Holding CellLandmine Has Taken My SightTaken My SpeechTaken My HearingTaken My ArmsTaken My LegsTaken My SoulLeft Me with Life in Hell

PHINATIC13
05-15-2006, 08:33 PM
....follow the Yellow brick road...................
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Rocky Raccoon
05-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I suggest you use "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones...about being depressed. Seems like it can be an easy thing to come up with and be creative at the same time.

Paint It Black....

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens ev'ry day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

If I look hard enough into the settin' sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin' comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

Hmm, hmm, hmm,...

I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!

dQbell
05-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Mary had a little lamb
Little lamb
Little lamb

Mary had a little lamb
Its fleece was white as snow

JTBRLZ
05-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, these are all great. Any other suggestions?

bullseyeguy
05-16-2006, 11:00 PM
You got Hootie in your avatar, use "the Dolphins make me cry" and draw a picture of Wanny...

JTBRLZ
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Haha that would be nice if I could draw.

bullseyeguy
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Just trace....