PDA

View Full Version : OK, who cannot FRIGGIN WAIT to see "The Da Vinci Code?"

DolphinDevil28
05-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Let me preface this post by saying, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus and God.

But D-A-M-N that was a good book.

...and it really got me thinking. I'm not changing beliefs to the Priory of Sion or anything, or getting rid of my faith.

But that book really does a number on the brain.

And I don't think they could have done a better job in casting with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and Ian McKellan as Sir Leigh Teabing.

I'm going see the movie the first night it comes out. Who agrees?

Maynard the Hammer
05-15-2006, 08:28 PM
i didnt like the ending. sorry, lol. i will be seeing it friday though

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 08:29 PM
:woot: first movie in a while that I am psyched about. Did you play the Quest on Google?

The Rev
05-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Let me preface this post by saying, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus and God.

...and it really got me thinking. I'm not changing beliefs to the Priory of Sion or anything, or getting rid of my faith.

And I don't think they could have done a better job in casting with Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon and Ian McKellan as Sir Leigh Teabing.

I'm going see the movie the first night it comes out. Who agrees?

Amen and me too! :wave:

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 08:31 PM
im going to see if i can pre order tickets

Clark Kent
05-15-2006, 08:56 PM

I'm going see the movie the first night it comes out. Who agrees?I think Ian McKellen was so dead on perfect (more so then anyone, except maybe Fache with Reno thats a close one). The snide and sarcastic remarks Teabing makes are so on que with McKellen.

Seeing it opening night.

Maynard the Hammer
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I think Ian McKellen was so dead on perfect (more so then anyone, except maybe Fache with Reno thats a close one). The snide and sarcastic remarks Teabing makes are so on que with McKellen.

Seeing it opening night.i thought the guy who play's Brass on CSI. but then again he isnt french :D

ih8brady
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm holding out for Snakes on a Plane

:evil:

DolphinDevil28
05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I think Ian McKellen was so dead on perfect (more so then anyone, except maybe Fache with Reno thats a close one). The snide and sarcastic remarks Teabing makes are so on que with McKellen.

Seeing it opening night.

So, I wonder if Magneto believes in the Catholic Church's cover-up of the Sacred Femenine?

:lol:

FLOUNDER
05-15-2006, 09:07 PM
I really want to see this..

But once again, can somebody give me some background info on the movie, what happens? and how does it end seeing somebody said they didnt like the ending

DolphinDevil28
05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I really want to see this..

But once again, can somebody give me some background info on the movie, what happens? and how does it end seeing somebody said they didnt like the ending

No spoilers!!!!

Read the book!

It's well worth it.

FLOUNDER
05-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I Cant Read!!!

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Seeing it opening night.

I agree, though I think Audrey Tautou is absolutely perfect for her role as well. As a matter of fact, I think this could be one of the most spot on casting jobs I have seen.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I Cant Read!!!

can't or don't?

FLOUNDER
05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
lol...Actually im a big John Grisham fan.

I choose not to considering we're currently reading "Harry Freeking Potter" in class...

Thats enough for any 1 civilian bro

Nappy Roots
05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
im not much of a reader...but everyonce in a while i like to get a book.

The Da Vince Code is pretty good?

might have to check that out.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
lol...Actually im a big John Grisham fan.

I choose not to considering we're currently reading "Harry Freeking Potter" in class...

Thats enough for any 1 civilian bro

They are assigning Harry Potter in class? And you are 16? No wonder other countries laugh at our education system.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:15 PM
im not much of a reader...but everyonce in a while i like to get a book.

The Da Vince Code has no spoilers you say, and is good?

might have to check that out.

It's a quick, easy read. You won't regret it.

dolphinfan2k5
Do you need to read the book, or that one book Angels and Demons I think its called, to understand the movie? Cause if you do, I have a lot of reading to do cause I really want to see this and V for Vendetta.

Nappy Roots
They are assigning Harry Potter in class? And you are 16? No wonder other countries laugh at our education system.

no kidding. atleast their reading something though. i dont remember no such thing.

DolphinDevil28
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Do you need to read the book, or that one book Angels and Demons I think its called, to understand the movie? Cause if you do, I have a lot of reading to do cause I really want to see this and V for Vendetta.

Nope.

You can read Da Vinci and be totally caught-up for the movie.

In fact, Angels and Demons is a prequell, but it's meant to be read after Da Vinci.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM

I read Angels and Demons first, but you don't need too in order to understand Da Vinci Code. A & D is pretty over the top, but they are both really easy reads that shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
angels and demons mucg betetr book IMO...would make a killer movie too

FLOUNDER
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Well i mean the class took a vote and decided that we were going to read H/P. i personally voted for "The Chamber" by grisham..

But when in rome i guess:yes:

ih8brady
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Well i mean the class took a vote and decided that we were going to read H/P. i personally voted for "The Chamber" by grisham..

wow, if I were that teacher I'd say, "You want to vote to read Harry Potter? Well I can overide your a** and you're reading War and Peace and then Atlas Shrugged!" Would love to see the reaction to that.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
no kidding. atleast their reading something though. i dont remember no such thing.

Really? I read Shakespeare, Faulkner, Orwell and even some Joyce in high school. That wasn't that long ago.

This is one of the reasons I am considering researching Educational Policy and Theory after I graduate.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM

:lol: This is why you don't let high school students choose their curriculum. You can't even let them choose their diet (see pop machines and obesity rates).

Edit: Hell, they don't even let college students choose.

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
wow, if I were that teacher I'd say, "You want to vote to read Harry Potter? Well I can overide your a** and you're reading War and Peace and then Atlas Shrugged!" Would love to see the reaction to that.

:lol: That should occupy their 20's.

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 09:27 PM
last book iread in high school was Dante's inferno....

Jt0323
05-15-2006, 09:27 PM
:woot: first movie in a while that I am psyched about. Did you play the Quest on Google?
i did but stoped at week 3...to much work :(

Gonzo
05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
i did but stoped at week 3...to much work :( Did you see the prizes that were available? I'm waiting on word today to see if I am a finalist.

Jt0323
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
nope...now i wished i finished it :lol:

dolphinfan2k5
05-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Nope.

You can read Da Vinci and be totally caught-up for the movie.

In fact, Angels and Demons is a prequell, but it's meant to be read after Da Vinci.

So does that mean I have to read that before I see the movie?

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
itll probably help

earl the pearl
05-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm holding out for Snakes on a Plane

:evil:

amen :sidelol: . i actually can't wait....worst movie of the century anyone?

dominizzo
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I wonder if it will be that good as the critics say

ih8brady
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I wonder if it will be that good as the critics say

have any critics reviewed it yet? :confused:

:link:

Dubfire
05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
I have been waiting the minute i put down the book. A little over a year go.

Dors156
05-15-2006, 10:00 PM
snakes on a plane:sidelol:

Dubfire
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
angels and demons mucg betetr book IMO...would make a killer movie too

i have heard that same exact thing by everyone i know who has read both..

damn what am i waiting for?

tucker
05-15-2006, 10:24 PM

But when in romeyes? go on...

Roman529
05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
I am going on Friday. I loved the book and I am a big fan of Tom Hanks.

Slappy8800
05-15-2006, 10:35 PM
yes? go on...

lmao!

lazareth
05-15-2006, 10:44 PM
i read the book (it was good, book really moves along) but i did not know about the prequel...i'll have to check it out thanks to this thread.

i would be very surprised if tom can't pull off this role...kind of like his performance in gump, if you've read the book the gump character as described is nothing like hank's, but he really did great in the role anyway

dominizzo
05-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I am going on Friday. I loved the book and I am a big fan of Tom Hanks.

I cant stand HAnks

PassRush
05-16-2006, 02:29 AM
I have always been too lazy to read the book, so this is a dream come true.

DonShula84
05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Loved the book so I've been looking forward to this movie for a while. Plus anything w/ Tom Hanks and directed by Ron Howard has to be good.