PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 04:46 PM
My husband sent this to me and I decided to share it with you all. Please share it and/or forward to all the women who mean anything in your life. The majority are common sense but I felt compelled to share this.

Be safe all.

nj

Crucial -
Because of recent abductions in daylight hours,refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation... This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, everyone you know.

1 . Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body.
If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans . If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM . Toss it away from you.... chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse.
RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.
DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

5. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF,
repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it . As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

6. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle,
and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig-zag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

Here is the most important one.

9. A man my hubby works with was told by a friend of his that his wife thought that she heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it strange. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door if you hear a crying baby ----Please take this seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America 's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled
the serial killer in Louisiana.

The Rev
05-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks my lady for the advice.
I'll pass it on. :wink:

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks my lady for the advice.
I'll pass it on. :wink:

:wink: You're welcome. How's the missus?

The Rev
05-16-2006, 05:13 PM
:wink: You're welcome. How's the missus?

Fantastic Mary. Our adoption plans are proceeding accordingly, and we are doing our research at the moment.

How do you feel?

Rocky Raccoon
05-16-2006, 05:15 PM
I wonder how many people would actually do any of those things if those situations occured. I know I'd be scared to death to be thinking clearly. Those are all excellent ideas...but most people would be so nervous in those situations they would just cave to the demands...not everyone, but most people.

Never the less....excellent post

Fin Fan in Cali
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks Mary.:wink:

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I wonder how many people would actually do any of those things if those situations occured. I know I'd be scared to death to be thinking clearly. Those are all excellent ideas...but most people would be so nervous in those situations they would just cave to the demands...not everyone, but most people.

Never the less....excellent post

Thank you. I'm absolutely inclined to agree with you (I'm sure I'd be scared to death as well), but since the last one was so close to home, I felt I needed to post it.

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Fantastic Mary. Our adoption plans are proceeding accordingly, and we are doing our research at the moment.

How do you feel?

I'm so happy for you Raul. I'm glad the adoption plans are proceeding well. If you need any help with the research, please let me know.

I'm feeling well - tired as usual, but nonetheless happy to be okay.

Remember, keep in touch.

Mary

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks Mary.:wink:

You're welcome John! :wink:

Jt0323
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Excellent post! thank you for sharing!

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Excellent post! thank you for sharing!

You're welcome. :dolphins:

FinFan72
05-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Great Post i will be passing this on to my wife and mom for sure

Thanx

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Great Post i will be passing this on to my wife and mom for sure

Thanx

Please do.

The Rev
05-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Wow my lady.
You've posted more in this thread than in the past month. :wink:

njfinfan
05-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Have I really? Wow.

Slappy8800
05-16-2006, 06:37 PM
thanks..ill remember all these tips when i attack someone

TotoreMexico
05-16-2006, 06:38 PM
:up:Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

TJamesW_phinfan
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info going to send it to my friends and family. :)

Buddwalk
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM
good advice nj but honestly when something like this happens 95% of the time people just panic and dont remember any of this. I'm going to send this out through emails though to some people never know...may save some lives :wink: :wink: :wink:

PassRush
05-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Thank you, this needed to be posted. A few years ago my older sister was pumping gass late at night, the attendent called her inside because of a problem with her credit card, even though the transaction appeared to go fine. When she went in he told her that he was on the phone with the police and that while her back was toward the pump, a man climbed into the back seat of her car. Before he got off the phone with the police the man got out of the back of the car and took off running. The police say it was a new gang initiation to take a woman and her car. As much as people like to think that this is an urban legend it really happens.

Buddwalk
05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you, this needed to be posted. A few years ago my older sister was pumping gass late at night, the attendent called her inside because of a problem with her credit card, even though the transaction appeared to go fine. When she went in he told her that he was on the phone with the police and that while her back was toward the pump, a man climbed into the back seat of her car. Before he got off the phone with the police the man got out of the back of the car and took off running. The police say it was a new gang initiation to take a woman and her car. As much as people like to think that this is an urban legend it really happens.

thats right out of the movie urban legend the beginning of the movie is exactly like that...errie if your telling the truth

HysterikiLL
05-16-2006, 11:13 PM
thats right out of the movie urban legend the beginning of the movie is exactly like that...errie if your telling the truth

I noticed that too. Int he movie, the guy was stutering and couldn't say anything. Pretty funny.

PassRush
05-17-2006, 12:24 AM

It happend at the Amaco station(now it is a BP) in Hialeah on the corner of Le'June and 93rd(I think, 90-something). I saw that movie too and it freaked me out pretty bad. I wish I knew the exact date, I know it happend in 1999, I am thinking June.

playmaker1
05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Great post, scary to think these things can happen

NaboCane
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Thank God for that attendant. People like the guy who climbed into her car, it should be legal to shoot them on sight. Even after the fact.

Megatron
05-17-2006, 02:55 PM
That baby crying part is like right out of a slasher flick scary. Demented freaks out there.:shakeno:

Roman529
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Good Points NJ!!!

I use to work in law enforcement and you have excellent advice. One other safety tip I would like to add. If you or any of your lady friends ever go to a mechanic or place to fix your car, DO NOT hand all of your keys over to them as they work on your car. It is very easy for someone there to make a duplicate of your house key, and then they can easily break into your house and rob you or worse. A mechanic here was doing this and robbing houses...he also assaulted a few women. Never hand your house keys over to anyone....and don't leave your home address or other personal information in the glove box. Be Safe.

Philter25
05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
thanks..ill remember all these tips when i attack someone Yea, note to self, people are on to the crying baby scheme. Dangit!

sugarcane
05-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Living in a small town has its advantages,but none the less,great advice. :)

DrAstroZoom
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I appreciate the intent with which this advice is given; however, some pieces of it are either untrue or inadviseable. Please read this (http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/ninetips.asp) for more information.

No offense intended.

njfinfan
05-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I appreciate the intent with which this advice is given; however, some pieces of it are either untrue or inadviseable. Please read this (http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/ninetips.asp) for more information.

No offense intended.

Well, I certainly never meant to deceive anyone. I guess I should have done my homework on urban legends before posting it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No offense taken.

DrAstroZoom
05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Well, I certainly never meant to deceive anyone. I guess I should have done my homework on urban legends before posting it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No offense taken.

I never EVER would have thought that, m'lady.

njfinfan
05-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I never EVER would have thought that, m'lady.

Thanks Dr. :D

like2god
05-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanx njfinfan, all of the women in my life are getting a copy of this. :up: