PDA

View Full Version : What Are You READING Right Now????

SkapePhin
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Currently Reading: Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes

Next: Sirens of the Titan - Kurt Vonnegut

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
This thread. :chuckle:

icephinfan
05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Miami Heat scoreboard

The Rev
05-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Currently Reading: Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes

Next: Sirens of the Titan - Kurt Vonnegut

I loved Flowers for Algernon. Great book. Decent movie.

like2god
05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
This thread. :chuckle:
Yeah....duh :wink:

Right now the book that I am reading is Far Journeys by Robert A. Monroe. It is a book about the out of body experiences of Dr. Monroe, who is also the founder of The Monroe Institute which studies the OBE experience.

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah....duh :wink:

Right now the book that I am reading is Far Journeys by Robert A. Monroe. It is a book about the out of body experiences of Dr. Monroe, who is also the founder of The Monroe Institute which studies the OBE experience.

:lol:

I know just being the sarcastic prick that I am.

I dont read a whole lot of fiction. Lately I have bee reading a lot of Cornel West's essays and excerpts of his books along with Andrew Sullivan's blog.

Jt0323
05-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I loved Flowers for Algernon. Great book. Decent movie.
:yes:

Currently: Macbeth

SkapePhin
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Miami Heat scoreboard

Whats the score? :D

Quelonio
05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Caramelo, dont remeber the writer and i don´t have the book down here, but it is a Latino writer that writes about a trip of her family from the US down to Mexico... quite funny and dramatic at the same time

icephinfan
05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Whats the score? :D

54-51 Heat with 3.7 sec left in the 2nd quarter.
Okay now tied 54-54 half time.

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:02 PM
kidd is shooting out of his mind.

****er cant hit the ocean standing on the edge of a pier and tonight he's ****ing craig hodges.

unreal.:shakeno:

PHINATIC13
05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
I have a few books that I've bought, but I haven't read because of the time I spend on FH.Thanks for making this thread I have to make sometime for reading in the near future.Two name a couple of them: 2 by Umberto Eco(Foucault's Pendulum & the very popular The Name of The Rose) and 1 by John L. Allen(Opus Dei).

LittlePaulie
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I just read two this week that were great! I'm a more conservative guy but both these books/writers did great and kept a open mind! (IMO)

1. A Fist in the Hornets Nest (On the ground in Baghdad! Before,During, and After!) By RICHARD ENGEL

2. MAYFLOWER BY Nathaniel Philbrick

Dolfan73
05-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Just starting the Da Vinci code

LittlePaulie
05-16-2006, 09:27 PM
LOL : See ya when it's over!! You will do nothing but read that one!! :cooldude:

Edit: Flowers of Algernon was a great story and one of my favs!

nflchick
05-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Penthouse Forums

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
ead it in 2 days

damn thing would not let me sleep :lol:

PHINATIC13
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM

That was the first Dan Brown book I read,but Angels and Demons is by far a better book imo you should check it out.I also read Digital Fortress by Dan Brown as well good book not "Religion" based like the other two.

nflchick
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
That was the first Dan Brown book I read,but Angels and Demons is by far a better book imo you should check it out.I also read Digital Fortress by Dan Brown as well good book not "Religion" based like the other two.

I agree. I read Angels and Demons after Da Vinci, and it is by far the superior read.

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 09:31 PM
The Game - Neil Strauss

This book rocks..

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
The Game - Neil Strauss

This book rocks..

I read that.

Good reading. Hopefully you are not using it as a how-to book.:lol:

LittlePaulie
05-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Davinci Code was my first also. Angels&Demons was great but not quite Davinci material!

Digital Fortress was great but I liked Deception Point better!
All great reads IMO

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 09:41 PM

I read that.

Good reading. Hopefully you are not using it as a how-to book.:lol:

No, but I wish I had read some of this stuff earlier.. What a great story this guy has..

PHINATIC13
05-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Davinci Code was my first also. Angels&Demons was great but not quite Davinci material!

Digital Fortress was great but I liked Deception Point better!
All great reads IMO

I have Deception Point,but haven't read it yet.Looking forward to it though.

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:43 PM
No, but I wish I had read some of this stuff earlier.. What a great story this guy has..

I heard him in a radio interview and bught the book the next day. The neg is something I have always used when meeting a hot *** girl. And it works. Right away the book established its credibility with me.

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I heard him in a radio interview and bught the book the next day. The neg is something I have always used when meeting a hot *** girl. And it works. Right away the book established its credibility with me.

Ya this guy is dead on..

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Ya this guy is dead on..

Love the nicknames he uses. Moonfaced girl. :lol:

LittlePaulie
05-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Two of my favs also are

1. Old Man and the Sea
2. of Mice and Men

LittlePaulie
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I have Deception Point,but haven't read it yet.Looking forward to it though.

You'll enjoy it like the others!! :hi5:

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Love the nicknames he uses. Moonfaced girl. :lol:

Ya he is a great writer for this kind of material.. When I make a game this year we can all go out sarging.. :D

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Ya he is a great writer for this kind of material.. When I make a game this year we can all go out sarging.. :D

definitley..

d-day is already versed in the art and we have been trying to plan an outing for quite some time..

had a good time last friday with another friend who has game....

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 10:01 PM
definitley..

d-day is already versed in the art and we have been trying to plan an outing for quite some time..

Should be a great time.. A Finheaven pimp squad will make any girl melt..

I was out this weekend in Buckhead, but it wasn't very hopping.. A brand new Taco Mac is opening near my apartment soon which should be pretty sweet..

Dubfire
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Should be a great time.. A Finheaven pimp squad will make any girl melt..

I was out this weekend in Buckhead, but it wasn't very hopping.. A brand new Taco Mac is opening near my apartment soon which should be pretty sweet..

here was the scenario..

at a bar with a buddy..after a few pitchers and some shots we head to the outiside part and sat down by a table with 4 girls..

immediately after sitting down..i hear one of them say "but i am not a lesbian"..i immediately turned around and since we were literally a foot away..the conversation started..

the events that transpired..2 girls kissing, boob shots, explicit sexual conversations, more girl on girl..then i had to leave..we didnt get any numbers though..i have a steady girl so i wont take it that far...its just fun..he coulda had 2 of them.he got one of their numbers and we are meeting them again this friday

GreenMonster
05-16-2006, 10:14 PM
here was the scenario..

at a bar with a buddy..after a few pitchers and some shots we head to the outiside part and sat down by a table with 4 girls..

immediately after sitting down..i hear one of them say "but i am not a lesbian"..i immediately turned around and since we were literally a foot away..the conversation started..

the events that transpired..2 girls kissing, boob shots, explicit sexual conversations, more girl on girl..then i had to leave..we didnt get any numbers though..i have a steady girl so i wont take it that far...its just fun..he coulda had 2 of them.he got one of their numbers and we are meeting them again this friday

Well done.. nothing like a group of freaky girls that are into each other.. way to jump at the chance.. I am free from a girlfriend so far to start the summer so I will be "prospecting" for a while. Should be fun..

Gonzo
05-16-2006, 10:21 PM
1776 - David McCullough

saves
05-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Jostein Gaarder- Sophie's World

d-day
05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
definitley..

sarging :hi5:

GRAPEAPE
05-16-2006, 11:14 PM
I am currently in the middle of "Hitchikers guide to the Galaxy", great read!