PDA

View Full Version : Official House Thread

Jt0323
05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Next week is the season finale...Should be a great one... Ive been hocked on this show ever starting this year when i saw it on USA Network. It easily turned to one of my favorite shows...

Rocky Raccoon
05-16-2006, 10:37 PM
:yes:

There is so much that appears to happen next week...can't wait.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
I have recently (past few months) become hooked on this show. I am hoping to catch up with the ones I missed rerun on USA. Some good stuff in tonights episode. :)

HysterikiLL
05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Man, I just don't see the humor in this show. There is a very black humor that I'm not conditioned into. I don't 'not like' the show, I just find it over-exhaustive. I felt the same about Arrested Development.

Rocky Raccoon
05-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Man, I just don't see the humor in this show. There is a very black humor that I'm not conditioned into. I don't 'not like' the show, I just find it over-exhaustive. I felt the same about Arrested Development.

the show isn't a comedy...it's a drama. I myself find some of the things House says and does very funny...but it's one of the humors you either really like, or not like at all.

mor911
05-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Anyone know exactly how House hurt his leg?? Just curious.

Rocky Raccoon
05-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Anyone know exactly how House hurt his leg?? Just curious.
infarction...muscle death in his thigh

Jt0323
05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Here is an interesting thing about the show...The Ratings have increased 30% from last season!

steeda
05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
I just started watching it a few weeks ago myself. I loved last night's episode but I was expecting to see more of Foreman. It looks like he might be his old self again. I also always enjoy House's witty comments, for me, it's what makes the show. Who would have ever thought a British actor could hide his accent so well.

One other thing, isn't it House's other leg that is giving him problems?

In any event, it should be a great season finale.

GRAPEAPE
05-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Same Leg hurting him. I have been watching since it started. It is by far my favorite Drama on TV. Theor is some dark humor but To me the medical stuff is why I watch it, not because House is a Jackass. Just a great show.

HysterikiLL
05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
the show isn't a comedy...it's a drama. I myself find some of the things House says and does very funny...but it's one of the humors you either really like, or not like at all.

it's not a comedy? :confused: maybe that's why i don't find it funny...they sure as hell advertise the hell out of it as a comedy

Rocky Raccoon
05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
it's not a comedy? :confused: maybe that's why i don't find it funny...they sure as hell advertise the hell out of it as a comedy
who? what? where?

I've never seen it advertised as a comedy. It's a medical drama.

mor911
05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
It's not a comedy at all, but House's comments definitely make the show.

Rocky Raccoon
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM

exactly

Jt0323
05-17-2006, 05:45 PM
:yes:

mor911
05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, i see them advertise it as a suspenseful medical thriller (it is). House's comments are a sick kind of that's-F'ed-up comments. I love 'em.

byroan
05-17-2006, 08:42 PM
House. :yes:

Cuddy :hump:

Next weeks episode is gonna be great.

Perfect23
05-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Cant wait till next week.

Rocky Raccoon
05-18-2006, 06:03 PM
heres for the people who either missed the finale preview or wants to see it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoeeDeCSMi8&search=house%20md

ponchovilla
05-18-2006, 07:38 PM
As regarding House: There are two types of Humor.

1. Booger humor. The guy that picks his nose and runs at girls to make the guys laugh. This is yuk-yuk 3 Stooges Humor. Physical comedy at its best.

2. Associative humor. The jokes make references to odd occurrences, innuendos, things that require you to make a connection between the joke, the reference, and what the references joke was about.(family guy is great for this)

If you have a wet sense of humor, house is not for you, nor is family guy. If you however, grew up with, Married with children, Are you Being Served(PBS), Monty Python, and shows like that, then you get and appeciate it.

Jt0323
05-20-2006, 10:16 PM
3 More Days!!!

TJamesW_phinfan
05-20-2006, 10:59 PM
As regarding House: There are two types of Humor.

1. Booger humor. The guy that picks his nose and runs at girls to make the guys laugh. This is yuk-yuk 3 Stooges Humor. Physical comedy at its best.

2. Associative humor. The jokes make references to odd occurrences, innuendos, things that require you to make a connection between the joke, the reference, and what the references joke was about.(family guy is great for this)

If you have a wet sense of humor, house is not for you, nor is family guy. If you however, grew up with, Married with children, Are you Being Served(PBS), Monty Python, and shows like that, then you get and appeciate it.
"How to defend yourself against a banana" "What if he has a pointed stick?" "SHUT UP!"

Monty Python did some funny stuff. :)

Csonkanator
05-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I can't wait...My mom told me about it last year, and i have seen every show since the beginning....Never miss it...I used to watch Hugh Laurie and Mr. Bean on the BBC in scotland when they had an improvised comedy show...He is hilarious...I love his dry humor...

Jt0323
05-23-2006, 09:25 PM
If i was that guy with the tongue i would rather die... that looks so painful...

steeda
05-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Wow what a great episode. Except when that guy's eye popped out.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
That was intense!

Rocky Raccoon
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
that was very exciting...but I'm also slightly confused.

tucker
05-23-2006, 10:43 PM
dope episode..what is there to be confused about? he more or less just dreamt that and actually through his dream solved his own problem realizing everything that is happening is not real besides the part about him getting shot

GRAPEAPE
05-23-2006, 10:49 PM
dope episode..what is there to be confused about? he more or less just dreamt that and actually through his dream solved his own problem realizing everything that is happening is not real besides the part about him getting shotActually being shot helped him realize that he is tired of being miserable. And he had obvisously been considering the coma method for a while. but all his thoughts finally made it seem like a good option. At leat tha's what I got out of it. At the end when he tells Ccameron to"tell Cuddy to give me Catamin" He wants the coma for the 50/50 shot that he will no longer be in pain.

tucker
05-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Actually being shot helped him realize that he is tired of being miserable. And he had obvisously been considering the coma method for a while. but all his thoughts finally made it seem like a good option. At leat tha's what I got out of it. At the end when he tells Ccameron to"tell Cuddy to give me Catamin" He wants the coma for the 50/50 shot that he will no longer be in pain.is that what he said? i wasnt for sure is that was what i heard

GRAPEAPE
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
is that what he said? i wasnt for sure is that was what i heardYeah he said it. I love that show