PDA

View Full Version : new Pearl Jam (yo, unifiedtheory!)

Metal Panda
05-16-2006, 10:47 PM
whatchoo think of this, man?

Personally, I think it's yet another enjoyable, yet predictable Pearl Jam album. A little disappointing because it seems a step back from Riot Act, which I found to be their most creative and inspired since the early days.

Still "good" though, I think.

Noodle Arm
05-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Well I'm not unifiedtheory, but I am a PJ fan. I kind of agree with you about their new album, I personally don't understand why so many critics are saying this is their best album since Vs. It's definitely their most "rocking" album since Vs., but not the best. I think the first half of the album is very good but the second half suffers a bit and is mostly filled with unmemorable songs (although Unemployable is great). But hey, even a pretty good PJ album is better than some of the crap out there now.

GRAPEAPE
05-17-2006, 10:30 AM
I agree with Noodle. Unemployable is a good song. The rest of the Album although you can't really tell by the lyrics is PJ little way of bringing their politics into the music. Overall I like the album. Ten is still their best work.

Baxter
05-17-2006, 10:38 AM
I agree with Noodle. Unemployable is a good song. The rest of the Album although you can't really tell by the lyrics is PJ little way of bringing their politics into the music. Overall I like the album. Ten is still their best work.
I would have to agree, I think Ten is a fantastic album. Its in my top 5.

Mike13
05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Ten is thier best album, Versus isnt too far behind. I'm bidding on ebay for thier new album right now since I heard it was good.

tucker
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
they havent made a good album since their first album imo

Buddwalk
05-17-2006, 12:27 PM
dont care for any pearl jam sorry

bullseyeguy
05-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Ten is thier best album, Versus isnt too far behind. I'm bidding on ebay for thier new album right now since I heard it was good.Are you telling me that people still purchase media?

GRAPEAPE
05-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Are you telling me that people still purchase media?ssssshhhhhhh:wink: it will be our secret

NaboCane
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Meh...same stuff as the last few years - good musicians playing the same music that you can hear from 10,000 other rock bands.

And, is it official now...has Vedder 100% given up on singing in favor of just screaming?

Mediocre at best.

NaboCane
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Ten is thier best album, Versus isnt too far behind. I'm bidding on ebay for thier new album right now since I heard it was good.

:confused: Why? It's on Amazon for $9.76, how much cheaper can it be on ebay?

bullseyeguy
05-17-2006, 03:24 PM
**** Ill burn a copy and sell it to you for 5 bucks..

unifiedtheory
05-17-2006, 07:32 PM
whatchoo think of this, man?

Personally, I think it's yet another enjoyable, yet predictable Pearl Jam album. A little disappointing because it seems a step back from Riot Act, which I found to be their most creative and inspired since the early days.

Still "good" though, I think.
I STILL have'nt listened to it...:lol:

I've owned it since it came out but it had the misfortune of being released the same day as 10,000 Days.

I seriously have not listened to ANYTHING but 10,000 Days since May 2nd....NOTHING ELSE. I burned a copy for my car and it is the only CD in my home changer. Probably given it 100 spins...

I am going to break out the new PJ for the upcoming long weekend.

If it is a step back from Riot Act then I am a little disappointed before I even listen to it...I loved Riot Act. That was their best album in 10 years...since Vitalogy.

I let you know what I think of it when I listen to it...one of these days.

NaboCane
05-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I STILL have'nt listened to it...:lol:

I've owned it since it came out but it had the misfortune of being released the same day as 10,000 Days.

I seriously have not listened to ANYTHING but 10,000 Days since May 2nd....NOTHING ELSE. I burned a copy for my car and it is the only CD in my home changer. Probably given it 100 spins...

I am going to break out the new PJ for the upcoming long weekend.

If it is a step back from Riot Act then I am a little disappointed before I even listen to it...I loved Riot Act. That was their best album in 10 years...since Vitalogy.

I let you know what I think of it when I listen to it...one of these days.

I'll be curious to see what you think.

Shula Come Back!
05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
I think the new Pearl Jam album is quite strong! I agree that Riot Act was also very good and very underrated, so it is not this huge improvement that everyone was hoping for. The reason it's getting a lot of hype (other than it's a solid LP) is because they're on a new label and they're promoting the hell out of it. They haven't been in any kind of a spotlight in a long time and they're trying to get back into it. They are going to make a video for the new single, they've been on SNL for the first time since the 90's. I also think it's sucks how people say that they'll never make anything as good as their first few albums. Of course they won't. They're classics. Most great rock bands can't top their prime work. Do you think Metallica's St. Anger compares to Master of Puppets? Does U2's atomic bomb really compare to the Joshua Tree? Is Division Bell really as good as The Wall or Darkside? Is Zeppelin's In through the Out Door better than their first ...well six albums (they really didn't make anything that sucked)etc.,etc. So of course the new PJ album isn't as good as TEN or VS. It will never be. It can't be. Everyone should just be grateful they are still making good music and haven't totally sold out!!!