PDA

View Full Version : Send a missle to canada see if the boo us again

Amars
03-21-2003, 06:34 PM
MONTREAL -- Fans booed during the playing of the U.S. national anthem before the New York Islanders' 6-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.

The sellout crowd of 21,273 at Bell Centre was asked to "show your support and respect for two great nations'' before the singing of the American and Canadian national anthems.

But a significant portion of the crowd booed throughout "The Star-Spangled Banner''

This is on espn.com sorry no link.

I can understand protesting the war but disrespecting the US is wrong.

:yell: :monkey: Canadian fans who boo the US

:patriot:

Amars
03-21-2003, 06:35 PM
here the link
http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0320/1527086.html

N.OSaintsFins
03-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Montreal is the French part, they hate Canada too they want to suceed i believe. French do hate the US so it is typical they would do that.

Predaphin
03-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Man this is sad.....these people dont want a war but like to create one within there communities.

Samphin
03-21-2003, 06:42 PM
I never have liked Canada and this pretty much shows why. They have no respect for what the U.S. has done or them and others throughout the world. All they know is that it is the cool thing to hate America and they want to be in the cool crowd. You don't need to send a missle up there, just run at them with a board with a nail in it and watch the white flag go up. They are no better than France.

To further my angst, I ave to eal with these morons in San Francisco who are blocking traffis and forcing AMERICAN BUSINESSES to shut down and lose money. I hope these "protesters," have to get dropped right in the middle of Baghdad and live there for a year under Saddam. Then lets see how many protest.

Oh Canada....
God took a cr*p on thee...

I wonder if this violates TOS?

Ok soapbox off. Miami Dolphins RULE!

stan marino
03-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh and by the way there has been protests through out the United States as well so have fun taking out a few of ur own cities....But seriously I'm Canadian do u think a few people at a hockey constitute what a whole country thinks? I'm all for this war and believe it to be a war with good intentions(if there is such a thing). The only thing i disagree with this war is that it should have been finished 11 years ago, by Bush Sr.

Amars
03-21-2003, 06:46 PM
True I don't want to waste mytax dollars sending a missle.
As for these SF protester I bet some of them are hooligans and don't have jobs and nothing better to do but cause problems.

stan marino
03-21-2003, 06:46 PM
I hope that Samphins ignorant commetns arent the norm for americans...I wish all ur soldiers luck in Iraq, as they are doin a dirty job that needs to be done. If not just for the US of A, the whole entire world.

nflddolfan
03-21-2003, 06:51 PM
I just posted a new thread regarding this.

As a Canadian, I am discusted by the action of those morons in Montreal.

I and millions of other Canadians, support and are 100% behind the United States and the rest of the coalition.

Please do not take the action of these idiots to form your opinion on Canada.

And people wonder why many Canadians want to see Quebec go ahead and leave Canada.....Sh*$ like this certainly doesn't help gain support for Quebec.
Also, Montreal Canadien fans are the WORST in the world. When they're winning all is great, but if not the Boo their own team. I know it's normal to be upset with YOUR team when they don't play will, but Montreal fans are BY FAR THE WORST I've ever seen.

Here's to a quick end to the war. God Bless America and Canada and the rest.
Mike

nflddolfan
03-21-2003, 06:53 PM
You sound like just as much of a FU**** idiot as they are.

Samphin
03-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Stan Marino, no offense to you personally as I appreciate your cool head after your country was verbally attacked. However, this is what Americans hear from every country throughout the world. Now you know how we feel, so to speak. I would love to see how Canada would react to war if their buildings were dropped on thousands of their citizens. I imagine it would be a different tune. I agree these people who are protesting in a wya that halts other peoples livelyhood are actually doing worse than booing a song, however ata SPORTING EVENT where people are trying to escape form the everyday perils (let alone a war), it really isn't needed to essentially defecate on America like that. Not the right time at all. I wonder if those fans even know that there are Americans representing their beloved Canadians.

As Far as Bush Sr. finishing the job, all I can say is that is where was Canada to help us finish the job? I wish it was ended years ago but the fact is it didn't and now it is time to finish. Again, I appreciate your support and have a nice day.

SuavePhin
03-21-2003, 06:55 PM
As nflddolfan said DONT take those morons as representation for Canadians, i live in Montana, most Canadians are nothing but friendliest and most respectfull towards the US, Canadians visiting here get warm welcomes, and when i visit Canada i get the same warm welcome, those morons are the MINORITY, Im pefectly fine saying im proud that i have a Canuck for a neighbor!! :)

IceStorm
03-21-2003, 06:57 PM
I'll just say this about those that "booed" our National Anthem.

Consider the source.

t2thejz
03-21-2003, 06:58 PM
:happydrin YEA SAMPHIN

nflddolfan
03-21-2003, 07:02 PM
and Samphin, sorry for the comment before you even reply.
It's a heated time with high tensions, but as a Canadian, I AM embarassed by these actions as well as the fact they we are not giving military support to the US and coalition.

stan marino
03-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Of course my first reaction was to say something nasty, I am human and patriotic towards my country...I apologize for that comment as it was a huge tragedy... As for the fans at a sporting event that holds 15k people or so, i cant see u damning a whole country on that. Specially a country that is so closely tied to urs. I couldn't feel happier that ur country has decided to clean up Iraq, and make this world a safer place for people that agree with it or not...EVeryone in the world has a right to their opinions and beliefs, but most definately mine are that the U.S. is doin what needs to be done. I wish all the TRoops over there the best and hope they all will return to their families that are probably goin through hell right now at home, waiting to see a glimpse of their loved one on tv, or hear something from them.

Samphin
03-21-2003, 07:08 PM
I wonder if your personal attacks upon me violate the TOS of this site? Seriously we don't need to jump into personal attacks. I already somewhat reracted my statement and rather longwinded at that. Perhaps my assesment of Canada in general was a bit harsh and based off of emotion that runs high in America at times like these. However, all you Canadians who just fired back at me for slamming your country, that is how Americans feel everyday from essentially every country. To top that off we actually have people who plan for years to kill us at the drop of a hat. So forgive me for being defensive when people of countries, such as yours, attack us in any way, whether it be by booing or worse. I appreciate the support of the Canadians on this board ala Stan Marino. Call me igonrant and an f'ing idiot all you want, I really don't care. It doesn't really help change my opinion on Canadians and their attitude in general though now does it (not that I expect you to care). The fact that YOUR FELLOW Canadians took the time to boo their neighboring, friendly country at a sporting event is sickening. I would say the same for Americans who booed Canadians teams down here had the situation been reversed. It is classless and dissapointing to see people (not you guys here mind you) uneducated and unknowing of facts booing a country who have troops dieing for the sake of trying to free the world of a mad man and possibly save Canadians as well as American lives. These fans should really have picked a better time and place for that type of display. Anyhow, this thread will probably be moved soon eh? Again I apologize to those I offended (here on the site anyhow). I wish you all nothing but the best. Ok once again soapbox off. Hopefully we can get back to football here now.

Ferretsquig
03-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by SuavePhin
those morons are the MINORITY, Im pefectly fine saying im proud that i have a Canuck for a neighbor!! :)

They are far from a minority :)

You may hide in your shell as long as you please but shall soon realize that the majority of the world hates the US, with emphasis put on its government. Noone is afraid of Iraq, they are afraid of the US and what it will do next. Its a scary thought with a drunk for a president and some oil CEO's as a cabinet. I lost hope a long time ago :)

stan marino
03-21-2003, 07:18 PM
What happened in Montreal is a total disgrace...Ur absolutely right...Personally i dont see how anyone in Canada or even the United States can oppose this war. Suddam is clearly a threat to the world, and it just so happens the British and the U.S. are the ones getting dirty to make sure Iraq is not a threat.

fabolouspaul
03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
if Bret Hart didnt't hate on the US, none of this hating would have happened!!! :jk:

stan marino
03-21-2003, 07:43 PM
As a Canadian i blame Vince McMahon...J/k

Samphin
03-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Its true, I never had a problem with Canada until Bret Hart called us a toilet. The whole Hart Foundation shall be cursed in my house for life. peaking of wrestling and Bret Hart. There does seem to be soe kind of curse due to the incident in Montreal. All involved somehow suffered through terrible times. Bret Hart had a stroke and lost his mother and brother. Owen Hart died. British Bulldog died. Shawn Micheals damaged his back to the point he had to retire, until recently. Jim Neidheart lost his job and is currently living in obscurity. McMahon and Triple H are about the only two who came out of that scandal virtually unscathed. Heck,even the referee, Earl Hebnar had a brain aneurysm. Geez, can this thread be any less about Miami Dolphins? :lol:

stan marino
03-21-2003, 08:01 PM
A curse in my house is Bob Saget...I'll never forgive u guys for that...J/K

Bobby Humphrey
03-21-2003, 09:29 PM
ronnie_augs, Americans booed the Canadian anthem a year or so back at a B-ball game. But everything was ok when that happened.

Show some respect and take off the peeing monkey, I am very offended.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I am disapointed in Canada's actions, and these people that booed it are assholes, but I have read on this message board and others a lot of Canadians who support us, and not many that don't. I am not 100% sure, but I have heard that Canadian public opinion supports the war (maybe the Canadians on this board can tell us).

Also, if you guys don't remember, Americans in Detroit during last years NBA playoffs booed the Canadian anthem before the Pistons/Raptors game.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
ronnie_augs, Americans booed the Canadian anthem a year or so back at a B-ball game. But everything was ok when that happened.

Well, you beat me to it. It was a total disgrace when the fans in Detroit did it.

Marino1983
03-22-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by stan marino
What happened in Montreal is a total disgrace...Ur absolutely right...Personally i dont see how anyone in Canada or even the United States can oppose this war. Suddam is clearly a threat to the world, and it just so happens the British and the U.S. are the ones getting dirty to make sure Iraq is not a threat.

Speaking for the minority, I am not against this war !!!!! I am against this administrations (so called ) diplomacy for justification to attack Iraq!!:yell: Many Americans understand the reasons for removing saddam and agree with those reasons ..... But W has turned this whole situation into a PERSONAL vendetta and that is why a good portion of the American population questions ( W's) and the people who support his reasoning behind this invasion ..... :( Marino1983

Barbarian
03-22-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Marino1983
Speaking for the minority, I am not against this war !!!!! I am against this administrations (so called ) diplomacy for justification to attack Iraq!!:yell: Many Americans understand the reasons for removing saddam and agree with those reasons ..... But W has turned this whole situation into a PERSONAL vendetta and that is why a good portion of the American population questions ( W's) and the people who support his reasoning behind this invasion ..... :( Marino1983

True...

It's like I have said time and again.. I don't like Dubya, and don't think he has us over there for the right reasons.

But going over there is the right thing to do. And just because were doing it for the wrong reasons doesn't make the action any less just.

Just my 2 shares of Enron worth.

Marino1983
03-22-2003, 07:16 AM
I completely AGREE Barbarian !!!!:up: :patriot: Marino1983

MNFINFAN
03-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Oh wow, somebody has a difference of opinion eh?? So they booed the US, maybe they think the war is a f**king sham?? Like a lot of the world does. Get a life guys, maybe the US should start trying to help its own people and clean out the crooks from its own government before pushing its way into everyone elses issues. The Government is asking for 50 Billion dollars from Congress for this war. Yet my state has to cut shelters, food stores, layoff police and firemen, cut back on state aid. I think it is about time the US helps the many in its own country instead of squandering money on trying to be the "Policeman of the world" which is BS. After all before we try to remove the undemocratically elected and the dictators around the world, maybe we should look at Bush and how he was "democtatically elected"

themole
03-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by SuavePhin
As nflddolfan said DONT take those morons as representation for Canadians, i live in Montana, most Canadians are nothing but friendliest and most respectfull towards the US, Canadians visiting here get warm welcomes, and when i visit Canada i get the same warm welcome, those morons are the MINORITY, Im pefectly fine saying im proud that i have a Canuck for a neighbor!! :)

SauvePhin...I too share your sentiments. In 1976 I spent a couple of weeks in Hill Springs, Alberta Canada with a friend. I met the nicest and most hospitable people. In my opinion western Canadains are just like us. I know the ones I met share the same values that I do. They live off the land as ranchers and farmers. Most everyone I've ever met that make their living doing this are humbled by the forces of nature and realize they owe their existance to a higher power.

Barbarian
03-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by MNFINFAN
maybe the US should start trying to help its own people and clean out the crooks from its own government before pushing its way into everyone elses issues.

Okay... this is the best argument I have seen against the war so far.

I can respect this one.

I don't agree with it... but i can definately respect it.

cmax13
03-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by MNFINFAN
maybe the US should start trying to help its own people and clean out the crooks from its own government before pushing its way into everyone elses issues.

there's only one way to do that, and this is to stop electing lawyers and perpetuating the problem.