PDA

View Full Version : Jason Berryman, DE, Iowa State

inFINSible
05-19-2006, 07:29 AM
another possible supplemental draft pick....

Added 08/25/2004 - This is former Iowa State football player Jason Berryman, seen here in a mug shot taken by Ames (IO) PD after he was busted on robbery charges in August of 2004. According to cops and witnesses, Berryman allegedly punched another ISU student, then took his wallet and cell phone. He's pled not guilty, but the school suspended him pending the outcome of the court.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolphinfan2k5
05-19-2006, 08:31 AM
He was kicked out of ISU because he was in a bar after curfew or something like that. And he wasn't even drinking... I think he had a fake I.D. though.

ISU is my favorite college team, and he's one of the best players we had. I don't know if he'll get snatched up by anyone though.

Bjorn
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
He was kicked out of ISU because he was in a bar after curfew or something like that. And he wasn't even drinking... I think he had a fake I.D. though.

ISU is my favorite college team, and he's one of the best players we had. I don't know if he'll get snatched up by anyone though.

No Infins was right. He got suspended for a season because of beating a kid and stealing his wallet and cell phone. Then last season he came back and had a strong year. I was actually surprised when I saw his name in the supplemental draft, I'm getting season tickets for ISU this fall and he's one of their stars on defense.

SR 7
05-20-2006, 02:40 AM
wher is ISU?

HysterikiLL
05-20-2006, 04:16 AM
wher is ISU?

Wyoming. :rolleyes:

daniel3
05-20-2006, 09:15 AM
wher is ISU?

They are using the abbreviation ISU to represent Iowa State University. With that being said, if you still dont know where it is, I cant help u ;/.

hof13
05-20-2006, 10:00 AM
For VIPers, CK posted an excellent scouting report on Berryman:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=142715

As for why he's in the supplemental draft:

And then it happened. With the rigid "Behavioral Contract" in place, there is a certain party district in Ames where he is not supposed to go at night. But there was a bar there, called Club Element, that had a reputation for letting in all Cyclones players regardless of age. They would ID at the door, unless you were a Cyclones player. And one Saturday night, three weeks away from Berryman's 21st birthday, Club Element was chock full of Cyclones players according to eyewitnesses...and Jason Berryman was one of them. He was caught in a raid, the local police gave him a citation for being present in a bar while being under 21 years of age.

Unfortunately, the coach's hands were tied. An agreement is an agreement, especially a signed one. He couldn't be seen making exceptions arbitrarily. He kicked Jason Berryman off the team.

Mike13
05-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Saban likes giving guys a sceond chance so he might take a look at him.

bullseyeguy
05-21-2006, 03:52 AM
I say we take em both.....2nd or 3rd and 5th?

miamiron
05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
They are using the abbreviation ISU to represent Iowa State University. With that being said, if you still dont know where it is, I cant help u ;/.
:shakeno: :sidelol: :shakeno: :sidelol:

MiamiRon

Montella
05-21-2006, 12:35 PM
is he a good talent? which round is expected to draft him?

is he true pass rushing defensive end or could he also play olb in the 3-4 defense?

how fast, strong, etc. is he? i would like to see that scouting report, but i'm not a vip. :(

hof13
05-21-2006, 12:44 PM
is he a good talent? which round is expected to draft him?

is he true pass rushing defensive end or could he also play olb in the 3-4 defense?

how fast, strong, etc. is he? i would like to see that scouting report, but i'm not a vip. :(

He could probably be had for a 6th or 7th round pick in the supplemental.

He played linebacker in HS and DE in college - so I expect he would be a good fit as olb in the 3-4.

His pro day in June 6th, so we should get all the vitals then.

dolphinfan2k5
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
No Infins was right. He got suspended for a season because of beating a kid and stealing his wallet and cell phone. Then last season he came back and had a strong year. I was actually surprised when I saw his name in the supplemental draft, I'm getting season tickets for ISU this fall and he's one of their stars on defense.

Yeah that happened as well. But he was forgiven for that and rejoined ISU, then he did what I said and they kicked him out, which is why he is in the supplemental draft.

For those wondering, ISU is in Ames, Iowa about 45 minutes from Des Moines.

hof13
05-21-2006, 01:00 PM
is he true pass rushing defensive end or could he also play olb in the 3-4 defense?...

Gil Brandt says:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9447397

Jason Berryman, DE, Iowa State: At about 240 pounds, he's probably a linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. His Pro Day is already set for June 6 at Iowa State, and we'll have reports on that.

Montella
05-21-2006, 01:36 PM
He could probably be had for a 6th or 7th round pick in the supplemental.

He played linebacker in HS and DE in college - so I expect he would be a good fit as olb in the 3-4.

His pro day in June 6th, so we should get all the vitals then.

thanks, that sounds good, now we'll see after his pro day if he's worth a look to draft..

Montella
05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Gil Brandt says:

yeah, that's what i want to know...

PhinsTD
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Dang it, I was hoping this guy would transfer to Missouri St. (lots of speculation that he would) and follow one of his coaches (Terry Allen) who was just hired there.

He's a good player who has had more than just this problem in his time with Iowa St. I don't think he gets picked, personally.

PhinSoldia
06-11-2006, 08:25 AM
the suplimental draft is a tricky thing...where no team wants to lose a future pic...but some take risks...i say we use of the 6ths on one of the 3 linebackers who ever is left, and a 7th on Berryman if he is still available

TractorTraylor
06-11-2006, 11:30 AM
The previous posts have his pro day as June 6th... does anyone have any info on how that went and the kind of numbers he posted?

camanda
06-12-2006, 06:03 PM
The previous posts have his pro day as June 6th... does anyone have any info on how that went and the kind of numbers he posted?

His pro day was postponed until June 13 (tomorrow).

hof13
06-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Gil Brandt Update on Berryman's workout:

There were 17 teams at his workout, including John Dorsey (GB), Scott McCloughan (SF) and Kent McCloughan (Scott's father) from the Raiders. That's a large contingent. He worked out indoors on what was considered a slow track. Dorsey conducted the drills, which lasted 45 minutes, and Berryman did a good job.

LB Berryman (6-0¾, 235) was clocked at 4.67 in the 40 (1.61 after 10; 2.71 after 20), 4.39 in the short shuttle, and 7.33 in the three-cone drill. He also had a 9-foot-11 broad jump, a 32-inch vertical jump and 17 lifts.

PhinsRDbest
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Gil Brandt Update on Berryman's workout:

wow he's alot smaller than I thought. Ahmad Brooks would eat him for breakfast(Literally).

Mike13
06-13-2006, 07:09 PM
He ran a 4.67 40, whats the average time for LBs?

hof13
06-13-2006, 07:37 PM
He ran a 4.67 40, whats the average time for LBs?

The average time of the 38 linebackers at the combine this year was 4.69.

8 ran under 4.6 and 1 was under 4.5.

Silverphin
06-13-2006, 08:02 PM
The average time of the 38 linebackers at the combine this year was 4.69.

8 ran under 4.6 and 1 was under 4.5.

And that one is Manny Lawson. Though I trust Saban and Mueller and all, but if they had drafted someone else other than Allen instead of Lawson, I would of been :fire: .

hof13
06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
And that one is Manny Lawson. Though I trust Saban and Mueller and all, but if they had drafted someone else other than Allen instead of Lawson, I would of been :fire: .

You are correct, but I think they had Manny officially as a DE in the combine. Stanford's Jon Alston also ran under 4.5 - so I guess that makes 2...