PDA

View Full Version : This makes the war uglier...

dolphan39
03-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Turkish Forces Deploy in N. Iraq, Risk U.S. Anger (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=574&ncid=721&e=1&u=/nm/20030322/wl_nm/iraq_turkey_dc) Turkey has been our greatest Muslim ally; and now they fear a new Kurdish state in Iraq yuck...this c/b ugly.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2003, 09:53 PM
This isn't good at all. I hope the US can get them to pull out ASAP. Turkey has been a good ally, but we don't know them getting involved with the Kurds, espicially since they are strongly against a Kurdish state.

iceblizzard69
03-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Also, Kuwait, the UAE, and Qatar are all better allies then Turkey, they all let us use their land unlike Turkey. Kuwait is probably one of the USA's best allies on earth, and their people strongly support us and our cause too. :)

dolphan39
03-21-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Also, Kuwait, the UAE, and Qatar are all better allies then Turkey, they all let us use their land unlike Turkey. Kuwait is probably one of the USA's best allies on earth, and their people strongly support us and our cause too. :) true, but I was speaking historically going back to the Korea war (which Turkey fought w/us in i think) and before...and them being in NATO and incredibly useful during the Cold War

themole
03-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
true, but I was speaking historically going back to the Korea war (which Turkey fought w/us in i think) and before...and them being in NATO and incredibly useful during the Cold War

Now we can change their name from Turkey to...ASSHOLES!

iceblizzard69
03-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by themole
Now we can change their name from Turkey to...ASSHOLES!

Turkey is our ally, and they haven't done anything yet. You can't call them assholes, they are one of our best friends.

themole
03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Turkey is our ally, and they haven't done anything yet. You can't call them assholes, they are one of our best friends.

I JUST DID!

baccarat
03-23-2003, 11:13 PM
On the news, a high ranking serviceman(forgot his name) said they've already sent troops to make sure that the Kurds don't fight the Turkish. I would definitely consider Turkey our ally.

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Before we make any conclusions about this issue with Turkey... let's wait and see how it goes.... they may step over the line, but from what I have seen so far, they may be pushing it a bit, they havent gone overboard yet either...

lets just give it some time...

Dolfan984
03-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Now would your dear president Bush tell Turkey that themole?

Of course not. They're our allies, to call an ally anything but honorable tells a lot about how you believe American standards towards or allies stands.

God Bless that piece of crap.

themole
03-24-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Now would your dear president Bush tell Turkey that themole?

Of course not. They're our allies, to call an ally anything but honorable tells a lot about how you believe American standards towards or allies stands.

God Bless that piece of crap.

984...The inability to stage major combat forces out of Turkey would be a major blow to the war plan. Not being able to stage out of Turkey means you can't open the front that would distract Iraqi forces from the north, thus jeopardizing the lifes of our troops by allowing Saddam to concentrate on the assualt from the south and east rather than a 3 prong attack.

With friends like that ...Who needs enemies?

Why are they refusing us access? Because we refuse to pay them 7-8 billion dollars for their friendship.

As long as Turkey conducts itself in this manner and jeopardize the lifes of Americans....I will pronounce them ASSHOLES

BTW that piece of crap " as you refer to him" is your president too. Like it or not!

iceblizzard69
03-24-2003, 09:57 AM
We are allowed to use Turkey's airspace, just not their land. We still have a lot of troops in the north, and not being able to use Turkey's land is meaningless right now. We can still use their airspace, so it is fine.

Turkey has been one of our biggest supporters in this war, and they have been our ally for a long time. I doubt anyone in the government would appreciate your comment about the Turks, refering to them as "assholes."

themole
03-24-2003, 11:02 AM
We are allowed to use Turkey's airspace, just not their land. We still have a lot of troops in the north, and not being able to use Turkey's land is meaningless right now. We can still use their airspace, so it is fine.

Turkey has been one of our biggest supporters in this war, and they have been our ally for a long time. I doubt anyone in the government would appreciate your comment about the Turks, refering to them as "assholes."

:yell: It is not, and will not, be fine if we don't have the ability to launch an attack from the north it will cost us lifes!

Let me tell you one more TIME! I don't care what you think! I think they are "assholes". I'm about ready to put you in that category too!

iceblizzard69
03-24-2003, 11:08 AM
:yell: It is not, and will not, be fine if we don't have the ability to launch an attack from the north it will cost us lifes!

Let me tell you one more TIME! I don't care what you think! I think they are "assholes". I'm about ready to put you in that category too!

Well, I guess your views are different from those in the government, and they are the ones running the whole show.

As for your second paragraph, I find it incredible that you call a nation that is our ally "assholes," and then you say I am almost in that catagory for not thinking they are "assholes."

If you didn't know, we have a lot of troops in the north, and we have made an alliance with the Kurdish troops in the north. We have also launched many attacks against Iraqi targets in the north, and almost all of the lives we have losts (if not all) are in the south. So don't say it is "costing us lives" if all of the lives we are losing are in the south, while we are still making progress in the north, and doing damage to Iraq up there.

I think Turkey has the most to lose by supporting the war, and they are really risking a lot by even letting us use their airspace, and it could cost them a spot in the EU. Also, after this war, they move lose land and population to a Kurdish nation in Northern Iraq. If you think Turkey, who has been our ally the whole time, are assholes, I wonder what you think of nations who don't support the war.

themole
03-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, I guess your views are different from those in the government, and they are the ones running the whole show.

As for your second paragraph, I find it incredible that you call a nation that is our ally "assholes," and then you say I am almost in that catagory for not thinking they are "assholes."

If you didn't know, we have a lot of troops in the north, and we have made an alliance with the Kurdish troops in the north. We have also launched many attacks against Iraqi targets in the north, and almost all of the lives we have losts (if not all) are in the south. So don't say it is "costing us lives" if all of the lives we are losing are in the south, while we are still making progress in the north, and doing damage to Iraq up there.

I think Turkey has the most to lose by supporting the war, and they are really risking a lot by even letting us use their airspace, and it could cost them a spot in the EU. Also, after this war, they move lose land and population to a Kurdish nation in Northern Iraq. If you think Turkey, who has been our ally the whole time, are assholes, I wonder what you think of nations who don't support the war.

Smoke this over and get off that other stuff you're smoking!

WORLDTRIBUNE.COM

March 23, 2003

U.S. DISMAYED AS TURKISH TROOPS POUR INTO NORTHERN IRAQ

The United States has formally abandoned the prospect of a northern front in the war against Iraq as Turkey has once again balked at cooperating with the U.S. war effort.

But what is looming as a major crisis is the danger that Turkey will militarily purssue its own agenda in northern Iraq.

Washington has been dismayed by the invasion of Turkish troops into northern iraq. Officials said thousands of Turkish troops have crossed the border into Iraq in an operation that was not coordinated with the United States.

Maybe you didn't know that the "lots of troops" we have in Turkey were told yesterday to get on the bus and go home by Turkey... uhh I mean "assholes"!

What we have in northern Iraq are Special Ops Teams leading the Kurds in our thrust from the north.

Thanks to the Turks, we can't put our ground troops in through Turkey.

Good Allies, Friends!!!!!!!????

iceblizzard69
03-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Smoke this over and get off that other stuff you're smoking!

WORLDTRIBUNE.COM

March 23, 2003

U.S. DISMAYED AS TURKISH TROOPS POUR INTO NORTHERN IRAQ

The United States has formally abandoned the prospect of a northern front in the war against Iraq as Turkey has once again balked at cooperating with the U.S. war effort.

But what is looming as a major crisis is the danger that Turkey will militarily purssue its own agenda in northern Iraq.

Washington has been dismayed by the invasion of Turkish troops into northern iraq. Officials said thousands of Turkish troops have crossed the border into Iraq in an operation that was not coordinated with the United States.

Maybe you didn't know that the "lots of troops" we have in Turkey were told yesterday to get on the bus and go home by Turkey... uhh I mean "assholes"!

What we have in northern Iraq are Special Ops Teams leading the Kurds in our thrust from the north.

Thanks to the Turks, we can't put our ground troops in through Turkey.

Good Allies, Friends!!!!!!!????

Apparently you don't care about Turkey's view. Turkey has nothing to gain in this war, and a lot to lose. They could lose population, land, and possible EU membership. The land and population losses would be to a possible Kurdish state. I was happy that Turkey even gave us the right to airspace, and the Turkish troops haven't even done anything in Iraq, yet you jumped to conclusions!

Turkey is one of our best friends in the Middle East, and they support our cause unlike France, Germany, etc.

themole
03-24-2003, 12:59 PM
Apparently you don't care about Turkey's view. Turkey has nothing to gain in this war, and a lot to lose. They could lose population, land, and possible EU membership. The land and population losses would be to a possible Kurdish state. I was happy that Turkey even gave us the right to airspace, and the Turkish troops haven't even done anything in Iraq, yet you jumped to conclusions!

Turkey is one of our best friends in the Middle East, and they support our cause unlike France, Germany, etc.

:lol: It has taken you long enough, but I believe you are getting the picture! I don't care one Iota about Turkey. If it will not allow us access for our ground troops it will just have to continue being deemed an "ASSHOLE".

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 04:32 AM

The problem with not being able to use their land is... we have several units with heavy equipment waiting to deploy in the north... they're floating in transport ships intended to dis-embark in Turkey and roll into northern Iraq...
You can't airlift complete armor and mechanized infantry units from a transport ship... it's not logistically possible. Now, entire divisions ... the 4th Mechanized Infantry, for one, is having to go all the way around to Kuwait in order to join the fight from the south.... it could take two weeks for them to get there... two weeks wasted because Turkey couldn't decide what they wanted to do.....

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 04:33 AM
They could lose population, land, and possible EU membership.

If they were smart... they wouldn't WANT EU membership....

themole
03-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
If they were smart... they wouldn't WANT EU membership....

Cool Wharf!!...Is that your unit patch? if so please explain it. ie the 4 corners and horsehead.

huuraa

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Cool Wharf!!...Is that your unit patch? if so please explain it. ie the 4 corners and horsehead.

huuraa

That's the 4th Infantry Division (Mechanized) patch....
I was 2-8 Infantry Battalion 2nd Bde 4th Inf Div
"Warhorse Brigade."

The 4th Infantry Division nickname, the “Ivy Division,” comes from the design of its shoulder patch: four green ivy leaves joined at the stem and opening at the four corners. The word “Ivy” is a play on the roman numeral four, IV. (4th Division)Ivy leaves are symbolic of tenacity and fidelity, the basis of the Division’s motto, “Steadfast and Loyal”.
It was renamed "Ironhorse Division" after 'Nam.. which is where the horse came in... but they wanted to keep the Ivy leaves as both a link to the history of the unit (formed in 1917), and to the "steadfast and Loyal" motto....
I was in the 2nd (Warhorse) Brigade, which was nicknamed due to the armor the Brigade uses for transport and support...

Barbarian
03-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Well, as far as Turkey goes, there is some good news now...

In an attempt to calm U.S. and international concerns, the Turkish chief of staff, Helim Ozkuk, said Turkey had no intention of moving into northern Iraq without an agreement with the United States. The Turks say they want to be in Iraq to deal with an expected influx of refugees.

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030326-124213-2005r