PDA

View Full Version : Top QBs for 2007 draft

Mike13
05-19-2006, 12:32 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1147580651&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2

It looks like a deep draft class.

my 2 cents
05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
No Sam Kellar on the list....he is impressive also...

DonShula84
05-19-2006, 06:03 PM
No Sam Kellar on the list....he is impressive also...

If he even starts

HysterikiLL
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I like Brohm and Troy Smith on that list. Quinn will probably be a great player but I'm not so sure about the likes of White, Henne, Palmer, Stanton.

CsonkaClone
05-20-2006, 10:54 PM
I second that opinion on Troy Smith. Dude has the poise of an Nfl veteran. I'm predicting right now that he will be the 1st QB taken in next years draft.

Roman529
05-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Sam Kellar...YES...Go ASU.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
I second that opinion on Troy Smith. Dude has the poise of an Nfl veteran. I'm predicting right now that he will be the 1st QB taken in next years draft.
:confused:

CsonkaClone
05-21-2006, 08:47 PM
:confused:

Confused about something?

SpencerFS
05-21-2006, 09:53 PM
i know we probaly dont need a Qb next year but i would love to get chris leak

Static387
05-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I think Brian Brohm will be a good one.

LIQUID24
05-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Brady Quinn and Brian Brohm are by far the 2 best QB's IMO.

Drew Stanton is good, though I don't like him as much as others... he has a lot of room for improvement.

I like Troy Smith as a college QB, but I'm not sure about his NFL potential. He's listed at 6'1" which means he's probably closer to 6' or less. Might be too short for the NFL.

Sam Keller is solid, but I don't see him as a 1st rounder. Chad Henne has ability but he's too inconsistent.

Of course all these opinions are subject to change. :D

But if had to rank the top 6 right now I'd go:

1. B. Quinn
2. B. Brohm
3. D. Stanton
4. S. Keller
5. T. Smith
6. C. Henne

dominizzo
05-22-2006, 01:14 AM
People are saying Chad Henne is the next MAnning

DonShula84
05-22-2006, 01:27 AM
People are saying Chad Henne is the next MAnning

They havent watched Henne play then

Ronnie 23
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks man good post

PhinFan0202
05-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Jordan Palmer might be a good developmental QB. He's got the arm, size, and stregnth to play in the NFL. If he can stop throwing pics and get a good team around him i think he's got a shot.

saves
05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
I really like Stanton, hes a scrappy player. He had a bad season though but I expect a rebound.

Wouldn't JaMarcus Russell be a nice project for Saban in the late rounds?

Wright and Booty are other guys who I'd keep an eye on. All the talent in the world, lets see if they develop.

Boomer
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't see anyone supplanting Quinn as the number 1 passer. The guy has everything, plus he's worked in a pro friendly environment. If he stays healthy and has anything close to the sort of year his talent indicates, then he won't get passed.

Brohm is a nice prospect, but I doubt whether he'll declare. Remember, he's coming off the big knee injury and I don't see him coming back in and putting up the sort of numbers that would help him go as high as his talent should, when you consider the injury factor.

Troy Smith is the x-factor for me. The concern is the height thing. I think when all's said and done, he'll be a flat 6 foot. What I think he'll do is put up the monumental year and the media hype will almost made the height issue, when he gets measured in Mobile or Indianapolis, irrelevant. I don't mean that it'll go away, but I think his level of improvement on the field and maturation off it, might just surpass the height issues and he falls into that 'Drew Brees' category of passer.

djfresh47
05-23-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't see anyone supplanting Quinn as the number 1 passer. The guy has everything, plus he's worked in a pro friendly environment. If he stays healthy and has anything close to the sort of year his talent indicates, then he won't get passed.

Brohm is a nice prospect, but I doubt whether he'll declare. Remember, he's coming off the big knee injury and I don't see him coming back in and putting up the sort of numbers that would help him go as high as his talent should, when you consider the injury factor.

Troy Smith is the x-factor for me. The concern is the height thing. I think when all's said and done, he'll be a flat 6 foot. What I think he'll do is put up the monumental year and the media hype will almost made the height issue, when he gets measured in Mobile or Indianapolis, irrelevant. I don't mean that it'll go away, but I think his level of improvement on the field and maturation off it, might just surpass the height issues and he falls into that 'Drew Brees' category of passer.

I agree with you on all of that. I think the X-Factor maybe how good Louisville does. If Brohm is healthy they could have a very impressive year and if they can beat West Virginia maybe a BCS berth. Michael Bush and Brian Brohm are a very good tandem to start with and I think Lousiville maybe in for a very good season. I think he's back next year but another guy who I think may have an impressive season and maybe next years "Jay Cutler," is Kevin Kolb who I don't believe declared.

Boomer
05-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I like Jeff Rowe of Nevada and John Beck of BYU.

Mile High Fin
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow.......funny/interesting to see how opinions change.....or stay the same.

Good call by Boomer on John Beck.......a full year before he was drafted by us.

emeraldfin
04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
That is mad, on that list in the first post Russell is the tenth best. Just goes to show you are only as good as your last performance.

PALMA
04-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Nothing is better than than looking at the initial rankings of players. Be weary of later risers and pick the player that was always rated high.

zachequalsgod
04-29-2008, 02:11 AM
That is mad, on that list in the first post Russell is the tenth best. Just goes to show you are only as good as your last performance.

Yes, ask Andre Woodson.

Awsi Dooger
04-29-2008, 04:02 AM
Nothing is better than than looking at the initial rankings of players. Be weary of later risers and pick the player that was always rated high.

That's always my theory, and I've posted it here and on other sites for years.

Jake Long was a perfect example. He might be the second of third pick in a typical draft, one with an undeniable superstar topping everyone's list, but in a year like this we made the sensible selection with a long term known quantity who has always excelled.

I look at it this way. It's like the middle of the season -- any season -- and someone exclaims, "wow, (Team X) is playing good!"

Who cares if they're playing good. How good are they?

There's no more certain path to ruin than overreacting to recency.