PDA

View Full Version : Why?

American Heart
03-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Why do sooo many Americans, or people to claim to be American, say they support the troops but oppose the war? i mean, if you disaggree with the war then you disaggree with what the soldiers are doing, is that not goin against the soldiers?

But it is good to actually see Americans, like my fellow Dolphin fans, supporting what the troops are doing.

one last thing, i think we should bomb canada, why they gotta disrespect our flag? without us here, canada would become some other countries fish. thats very disrespectful and its unneeded. (if noone noticed they canadian team did loose that game).

peace from American Heart a.k.a. KGBIGTYMER

American Heart
03-22-2003, 07:28 AM
ok, i stand corrected, just the poeple in montreal. still doesnt make sense, we dont "burn or boo" anyone else's country symbols

Bopkin02
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
I believe that people who oppose the war mean, when they say they "support the troops", that they hope the soldiers come home to their families unharmed. This, if one wanted to further the debate, is very complicated, but I think that is what they mean. You must define "support" first, and that can vary from individual to individual.

Peebs
03-22-2003, 10:43 AM
The military are only following orders.
As a person who opposes this "wag the dog" war I want to see as MINIMAL loss of human life as possible-both Military and Civilian.

T-ROCK
03-22-2003, 10:58 AM
it's possible to support the troops and not the war...

Vietnam is a perfect example... The troops carry out the orders presented to them by their commander in chief... We did not belong in Vietnam in the manner we were there... but the troops swore an oath to obey their commander in chief, so we should always support them...

Somalia is another example... the men who died were poorly led and advised, and not properly prepard for the attcks upon them... again, we should supprt the troops, but question the mission they were sent on, indirectly from their commander in chief...

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by American Heart
ok, i stand corrected, just the poeple in montreal. still doesnt make sense, we dont "burn or boo" anyone else's country symbols

The fans in Detroit booed the Candian anthem during the NBA playoffs last year.........

The Spaz
03-22-2003, 11:52 AM
This is why we have a military in the 1st place!

Barbarian
03-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The fans in Detroit booed the Candian anthem during the NBA playoffs last year.........

Okay.. so lets bomb Detroit also.. I mean, really, look at detroit, would anybody really miss it.. and more importantly, if we did bomb it, could anybody tell the differance?

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
Okay.. so lets bomb Detroit also.. I mean, really, look at detroit, would anybody really miss it.. and more importantly, if we did bomb it, could anybody tell the differance?

I don't think we should bomb any North American city, I said that because he said

we dont "burn or boo" anyone else's country symbols when in fact the people at the Pistons game did. I think it is wrong to boo any anthem, even if you don't agree with that country's actions.

Hellion
03-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian

You're kidding right?