PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins in 2006-2007 Season

Donte Whitner
05-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes, I got to admit you have made strides, but the fact is Miami will not be able to contend with NE. DC is coming off of a major knee injury, and off of the worst season of his life. Thinking he can come in and dominate is just idiotic. Ronnie Brown is a good young talent, but he couldn't even sniff to 5 backs in the league. Your defense isn't getting any younger, your secondary is terrible.

My guess is you go 7-9, but show strides of whats to come.

MDFINFAN
05-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Yes, I got to admit you have made strides, but the fact is Miami will not be able to contend with NE. DC is coming off of a major knee injury, and off of the worst season of his life. Thinking he can come in and dominate is just idiotic. Ronnie Brown is a good young talent, but he couldn't even sniff to 5 backs in the league. Your defense isn't getting any younger, your secondary is terrible.

This may be true..I don't know what the secondary is like right now, since none of us have seen them, so to say their terrible without seeing them play is bit of a stretch. R. Brown play speaks for itself in year 1, but this is year 2 and we'll see what we have. DC is a question mark, but should help some this year. The D is a lot younger this year than it was last year, have you kept up with the changes. or are you just talking?

I have no guess as to wins\loss...too many viables to state that.

G-Force
05-21-2006, 11:29 AM

My guess is you go 7-9, but show strides of whats to come.I'm glad Buff drafted you because you don't seem to be the brightest star in the sky j\k. If anything our D is too young especially in the secondary and on the line we have two young studs in Wright and Vickerson, Roth, at LB Crowder Hodge and looking to get younger. Harrington is here incase Daunte is slow from recovery but I know you don't really keep up with the Phins and haven't heard how far ahead of schedule Daunte is. NE is no better than your losers and we will go undefeated in the AFC EAST.:dolphins:

postermaster
05-21-2006, 11:30 AM

Your secondary might be excellent, Donte Whitner over Michael Huff, hahaha

your secondary is nothing more than too many rookies, plus playing a mediocre tem like the Bills twice a season will be great for winning the division...

dont mess with our secondary, we all know it is Saban's speciality, plus you haven't seen them play yet..., moreover we wont need a great secondary when we'll play against Buffalo, since you don't have any good WR's...

TotoreMexico
05-21-2006, 11:32 AM

ROFLMAO

nighttrain76
05-21-2006, 11:37 AM

So we go 9-7 last year with gus and sage at qb but this year with Daunte and Joey at qb we will go 7-9!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol: Give me some of what you're smoking...

Troysif
05-21-2006, 11:44 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

studsatele
05-21-2006, 11:53 AM

My guess is you go 7-9, but show strides of whats to come.look man. not that we dont appreciate the opinion of fan from a team who drafted donte whitner. oh yeah and finished 5-11 last year. but heres the deal. you know ***** about the dolphins. culpepp is better than all your qbs combined. ronnie is galaxies beyond willis. nah screw this im done even slamming you and that garbage a$$ team you like.

NY Finatic
05-21-2006, 11:57 AM
So we go 9-7 last year with gus and sage at qb but this year with Daunte and Joey at qb we will go 7-9!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol: Give me some of what you're smoking...

My thoughts exactly.

studsatele
05-21-2006, 12:06 PM

My guess is you go 7-9, but show strides of whats to come.oh yeah. one more thing. why dont you worry about competing with the jets. because i seriously think they will thump you douche bags all year. stop worrying about us. start worrying about why you guys brought in alzheimers levy in to be the gm.

Montella
05-21-2006, 12:18 PM

damn, you buffalo guys are funny... :sidelol: you would be happy if the bills get a 7-9 record... :sidelol: but the dolphins will never be 7-9 this year, i think they will end 10-6 or 11-5! if you look at the free agents we signed, you would see that we're getting younger and our secondary is good enough and we got much more good depth at any position as the years before...

Mike13
05-21-2006, 12:23 PM
As if we needed any more proof of the idiocy of Bills fans.

Tenacious D/O
05-21-2006, 12:27 PM

My guess is you change your boardname after the 4th time chris chambers and daunte culpepper hookup while buring that sorry excuse for a top 10 draft pick. Freakin' basement loving barfalo can't compete.

Jimi
05-21-2006, 12:28 PM
A couple questions...
1) Do you think the Bills will do better than the Dolphins?
2) How did our team get 2 games worse from last year?
3) How do you kno DC cant regain form, i will assume your not a doctor?
4) How is our secondary terrible.. Jason Allen,Travis Daniels, Will Poole, Will Allen,Reynaldo Hill are all solid players. Lets see em play together b4 we call them terrible.

DDTDON
05-21-2006, 12:29 PM

Could not have said it better myself. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

miaD5499
05-21-2006, 12:30 PM

AHAHAHAHAH LMFAO...how could you ever come to that conclusion, last year we were 9-7 with gus frerrote how do you expect us to be 7-9 with daunte culpepper a 3 time pro bowler and joey harrington to back him up, seriously and our deffense if anything is too young now because with the exception of zach, jason, carter, and traylor, our deffense is very young...last year we had two rookies start on the D and now we just added a bunch of young talents to the D which will really help our secondary.....ronnie also doesnt have to be a top 5 running back in this league to succeed. Last year we showed strides of whats to come, so im not sure how your comming to the conclusion that this will be the year that we will show strides, because that was last year buddy incase you didnt watch....my predictions for the AFC EAST next year is:

Dolphins 11-5
Patrios 9-7
Jets 5-11
Bills 4-12

GO FINS!!!!!!:dolphins:

popularwar
05-21-2006, 12:31 PM
While I appreciate your input, I disagree with just about everything you said.
Our secondary isn't terrible, we've finally got depth and versatility back there. Not to mention youth.
Culpepper is way ahead of schedule as far as his rehabilitation goes, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing well. From the reports I've read of camps, he's doing just fine.
Ronnie Brown doesn't have to be a top 5 runner for us to win the division. Hell, he could be the worst runner statistically as long as he wins games for us.
You said we're going to show signs of improvement... and yet you expect us to lose more games than we did last year? That doesn't make sense.

Dolfan1000
05-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Yawn. :o

Worry about your own problems. There is zero point to this thread, besides your need to release verbal diarreha.

Phins28
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM

Exactly, we go 9-7 with a mediocre QB and a bad secondary, now we have a 3 time probowl QB and a more faster, hard hitting secondary we will go 7-9? :shakeno:

true dol-fan
05-21-2006, 12:38 PM
dude your a bills fan you barely have a team the anly person that is worth something is spikes and he got hurt and we don't know how he will be when he gets back ronnie was good for his first yr this is his second and now has fred beasly and that is going to be great plus he was hurt for a bit...secondary yes we have some youg 1s there but come on they are under sabans wings thats all i have to say and every1 in the team might be gatting old but they still have a few more yrs that give us time to find repalcements for them

whatsburning
05-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for your contibution to initiate conversation on this board. Now make like a banana and split!

postermaster
05-21-2006, 12:47 PM

Are you mad at him just because he used to jump all of your defense last year??, don't worry, he will do that again this season!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Look at him, he is laughing!!!

Austin Tatious
05-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Donte is pouting because the "Brady Quinn" watch has already started for that sad sack franchise. By the way, I liked Donte better as his prior alias, "JP Losman." LOL. He doesn't even have the guts to keep his old name and stand by his loser man. But who can blame him when the Bills have the worst passing offense the league has seen in the past 5 years. No qb, no receivers, awful offensive line. Can they run the wishbone?

Something tells me that they won't even get Quinn. Who is going to be the 3rd or 4th pick in the 2007 draft? That's who they'll get, most likely an Ohio State defensive back. That's all the foaming at the mouth pavlovian Bills masterminds can come up with.

Yikes, that is one hopeless franchise.

postermaster
05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Donte is pouting because the "Brady Quinn" watch has already started for that sad sack franchise. By the way, I liked Donte better as his prior alias, "JP Losman." LOL. He doesn't even have the guts to keep his old name and stand by his loser man. But who can blame him when the Bills have the worst passing offense the league has seen in the past 5 years. No qb, no receivers, awful offensive line. Can they run the wishbone?

Something tells me that they won't even get Quinn. Who is going to be the 3rd or 4th pick in the 2007 draft? That's who they'll get, most likely an Ohio State defensive back. That's all the foaming at the mouth pavlovian Bills masterminds can come up with.

Yikes, that is one hopeless franchise.

Maybe they'll get a little of hope when they move to LA...

G-Force
05-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Yikes, that is one hopeless franchise.:sidelol: Take it easy on the bills fans they can't handle truth. Wait on second thought :monkeyr: Buffalo Bills

bahamathug
05-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Maybe they'll get a little of hope when they move to LA...

:sidelol: I wanted to help you guys make the bills fan look stupid but you guys covered everything. Moving to LA thats hilarious. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

EBMisfit
05-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Yes, I got to admit you have made strides, but the fact is Miami will not be able to contend with NE. DC is coming off of a major knee injury, and off of the worst season of his life. Thinking he can come in and dominate is just idiotic. Ronnie Brown is a good young talent, but he couldn't even sniff to 5 backs in the league. Your defense isn't getting any younger, your secondary is terrible.And we all know how completely free of question marks the Patsies are.:shakeno:

MattM
05-21-2006, 06:47 PM
One interesting fact that you guys seem to forget, but that is painfully obvious to us Bills fans. One year ago, we, too, were coming off a very hopeful 9-7 season with a bullet as one of the hottest teams up and coming in the League (that last P'burgh game aside). Look what happened there. As they say in the mutual fund biz., "Past performance is not indicative of future results." That's why they play the games.

Personally, I'm not sure if you're getting what you thought in Culpepper who, as several have noted, didn't seem to be having such a great year without Moss before DC got hurt last year. (It helps any QB to have the best receiver in the League be his go to guy.) Even if he is his old self, he may not see the field until October (and I'm discounting here those Minn. stories that say he may not play at all next year). Your O-line improved a bit with Shelton being added, IMHO, but it's still no great shakes. Ronnie Brown is going to be a good back, but woe is you now if he gets hurt.

You keep talking about how your D will be so much better because it's younger, but none of those new guys have shown anything either way, good or bad, as to whether they can play in this League or not, so it's just as likely as not that instead of being better they'll actually be worse than your last squad. If you're counting on Allen to step up as a rookie, as I recall he had major surgery last year that scared many teams off of him. Madison and Surtain were old, perhaps, but they were good players once upon a time. It's no lie that Thomas and Taylor, the bedrock of your remaining D, are getting older--what have they got, 1 or 2 more good years tops?

All this being said, I think that Saban is a good coach and is likely to lead your team in the right direction, but to think you've got some kind of lock on the division or playoffs is not quite right. Personally, if we can't win it (and I'd admit that we're probably a year (and a QB and 2 O-linemen) or so away from being competitive), I'd rather see you guys take the Division over the Patsie (forget about the Jets this year--they're even worse than us).

Donte Whitner
05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
1. Your secondary might be excellent, Donte Whitner over Michael Huff, hahaha

2. your secondary is nothing more than too many rookies

3. moreover we wont need a great secondary when we'll play against Buffalo, since you don't have any good WR's...

1. Huff was drafted before Whitner, did you watch the draft?

2. So Nate Clements= 6 Years, Terrance Mcgee= 4, Troy Vincent= 15 Years, so are whole secondary is a bunch of rookies?

3. Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Andre Davis, Roscoe Parrish, and Josh Reed arent good?

FinFrenzy
05-21-2006, 07:01 PM
3. Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Andre Davis, Roscoe Parrish, and Josh Reed arent good?

With Loserman, Nope...:lol:

Donte Whitner
05-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Look at him, he is laughing!!!
Becaus he knows he's gonna fumble away the game! HAHA

TotoreMexico
05-21-2006, 07:03 PM
One interesting fact that you guys seem to forget, but that is painfully obvious to us Bills fans. One year ago, we, too, were coming off a very hopeful 9-7 season with a bullet as one of the hottest teams up and coming in the League (that last P'burgh game aside). Look what happened there. As they say in the mutual fund biz., "Past performance is not indicative of future results." That's why they play the games.

Personally, I'm not sure if you're getting what you thought in Culpepper who, as several have noted, didn't seem to be having such a great year without Moss before DC got hurt last year. (It helps any QB to have the best receiver in the League be his go to guy.) Even if he is his old self, he may not see the field until October (and I'm discounting here those Minn. stories that say he may not play at all next year). Your O-line improved a bit with Shelton being added, IMHO, but it's still no great shakes. Ronnie Brown is going to be a good back, but woe is you now if he gets hurt.

You keep talking about how your D will be so much better because it's younger, but none of those new guys have shown anything either way, good or bad, as to whether they can play in this League or not, so it's just as likely as not that instead of being better they'll actually be worse than your last squad. If you're counting on Allen to step up as a rookie, as I recall he had major surgery last year that scared many teams off of him. Madison and Surtain were old, perhaps, but they were good players once upon a time. It's no lie that Thomas and Taylor, the bedrock of your remaining D, are getting older--what have they got, 1 or 2 more good years tops?

All this being said, I think that Saban is a good coach and is likely to lead your team in the right direction, but to think you've got some kind of lock on the division or playoffs is not quite right. Personally, if we can't win it (and I'd admit that we're probably a year (and a QB and 2 O-linemen) or so away from being competitive), I'd rather see you guys take the Division over the Patsie (forget about the Jets this year--they're even worse than us).

If you say that Moss made Culpepper look good, then why Collins didn't look so great? (he had Moss too)huh?

like2god
05-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Personally, I'm not sure if you're getting what you thought in Culpepper who, as several have noted, didn't seem to be having such a great year without Moss before DC got hurt last year. (It helps any QB to have the best receiver in the League be his go to guy.) Even if he is his old self, he may not see the field until October (and I'm discounting here those Minn. stories that say he may not play at all next year).

:shakeno: I posted this on another site to educate Jets fans, lets see if it works for Jills fans .

"Culpepper played six games last year before getting injured. That is six games without Moss and six games learning a new offense. Last season, his offensive coach during all of those great years with Moss, moved on to Miami and brought with him his playbook. This offseason Linehan (Peps Minn OC w/ Moss) left Miami to become head coach of the Rams, but he left behind his playbook. The Fins hired Mularkey to be the new OC but he WILL NOT be bringing his Buffalo playbook with him, he will be using the playbook that made Culpepper a ProBowl QB. Yes Moss can make a QB better, but he didn't really make Kerry Collins look like Dan Marino last year, did he? Culpepper will be surrounded with more talent in Miami than he was last year and he will be playing in a system that he is comfortable in."

And stop comparing the Jills to the Dolphins, one team is playoff bound and the other drafted John McCargo. NUFF SAID

Metal Panda
05-21-2006, 07:51 PM

Culpepper's best season as a pro came with Moss sidelined for 2 games and putting up only 700-ish yards. I think Linehan's departure had a lot to do with last year.

New reports suggest he won't be out until October, either.

muscle979
05-22-2006, 08:11 AM
1. Huff was drafted before Whitner, did you watch the draft?

2. So Nate Clements= 6 Years, Terrance Mcgee= 4, Troy Vincent= 15 Years, so are whole secondary is a bunch of rookies?

You don't think passing on Leinart and Cutler was "not smart" to put it nicely? I'll give you Lee Evans, he's pretty good IMO.

FinaticalOne
05-22-2006, 09:22 AM

We've heard this all too often from Bills fans. Just because it happend to your team does not mean it will transpire to ours; we do not have the same team or coaching staff. You and other Bills fans are wishing that it will happen to us. Be prepared to be disappointed.

Personally, I'm not sure if you're getting what you thought in Culpepper who, as several have noted, didn't seem to be having such a great year without Moss before DC got hurt last year. (It helps any QB to have the best receiver in the League be his go to guy.) Even if he is his old self, he may not see the field until October (and I'm discounting here those Minn. stories that say he may not play at all next year).

C-Pepp, had a bad year last year, the departure of Moss would hurt any QB, but I think what hurt him the most was the departure of his offensive coordinator. You seem to forget, he has another Pro Bowl WR to throw to now...CHRIS CHAMBERS. You saw what Chambers could do with Frerotte, he will only be more dangerous with C-Pepp. C-Pepp had an off year, the only year in his career that was mediocre, so like you said before in an earlier statement, "Past performance is not indicative of future results." There's a chance that C-Pepp will not be ready by the start of the season, but I think it's a slim chance. Even if he isn't ready the first few games, I commend Saban on a job well done in finding a decent backup QB for insurance. C-Pepp participated in all drills last camp, plus he was scrambling on some plays. I think he's scrambling a little too early for my taste, but he seems to be way ahead of schedule. If there are no set backs, don't be surprised if he is playing come September.

Your O-line improved a bit with Shelton being added, IMHO, but it's still no great shakes. Ronnie Brown is going to be a good back, but woe is you now if he gets hurt.

Our o-line still needs improvement. They were excellent as far as pass protection, although Ronnie Brown (4.4 ypc.) and Ricky Williams (4.3 ypc) had success working in tandem; they still need to improve on their run blocking some more but I believe with another year together and Hudson Houck still coaching these guys, they will be even better than last year. We had the luxury of having two great backs in our lineup, but that was only for a year. Most teams don't have that kind of talent anyway. Injuries do happen and I trust Saban is far from done with player moves. We'll see what happens when the second wave of veteran players are released.

You could not be more off point than what you just stated. Jason Taylor can play another five years if he wants. He is a rare breed (Michael Stahan, Trace Armstrong, Reggie White, Bruce Smith...just to name a few) rarely injured and very athletic. Thomas may not be around as long as Taylor, because of the position he plays, and the style of play, but Taylor will be here longer than you'll like him to be. Saban has done a very good job with adding youth to our defense. Since you're not a Fin fan, you wouldn't now how well they play because you don't follow them like we do. The talent is there, and more talent will be added every year. No worries here. One thing you don't realize is the type of players Saban has brought into our secondary. The theme is speed and tackling. Last year we only had one player in our secondary that could run the 40 in the 4.3 range, and he was on IR all year. This year, we have 5 players that run in the 4.3 range and three more that run in the 4.4 range, and they are all known for tackling unlike last year's secondary. Saban will make this a cohesive unit, since this is his area of expertise. He is bringing in players that fit his style of play. I think they will surprise everyone with their play. There will be some growing pains early because they are all new, but they should gel together. Just a matter of how soon.

It's going to be a fight to win the East. I think the majority of us don't think we're a lock, but we do believe we have a fighting chance this year.

EBMisfit
05-22-2006, 10:48 AM
One interesting fact that you guys seem to forget, but that is painfully obvious to us Bills fans. One year ago, we, too, were coming off a very hopeful 9-7 season with a bullet as one of the hottest teams up and coming in the League (that last P'burgh game aside). Look what happened there.Saban + Mueller > Mularkey (especially as a head coach) + Donohoe
'Nuff said.

MattM
05-29-2006, 06:12 PM
After reading your posts, I stand by mine--you guys may very well field a very good team next year as you showed improvement last year and made some offseason moves, but it's all not as much of a given as you guys seem to think. Time will tell who's right, boys. As originally noted, that's why they play the games.

buckwilde
05-30-2006, 12:46 AM

My guess is the Jills have another crap season keeping their perfect record of NEVER winning a superbowl in tact. Lets all count on old drooling Marv and Dick at the helm to suck again!!! Hmmmmm......good guess there huh douche bag?!?!?!?! :lol:

Kinzua
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
My guess is the Jills have another crap season keeping their perfect record of NEVER winning a superbowl in tact. Lets all count on old drooling Marv and Dick at the helm to suck again!!! Hmmmmm......good guess there huh douche bag?!?!?!?! :lol:

And Nicky will keep the Felons' streak of 22 straight years without a Super Bowl appearance alive, much to the chagrin of idiot Felonfans who think he walks on water. :sidelol:

timbalu
05-30-2006, 02:19 PM
And Nicky will keep the Felons' streak of 22 straight years without a Super Bowl appearance alive, much to the chagrin of idiot Felonfans who think he walks on water. :sidelol:

AGAIN, you seem to be struggling with your understanding of pro football . And AGAIN, I'll tell you I'll take our streak of 21 years of missing the S.B. to your STREAK since 1961 of winning absolutely NOTHING. That's what SUCKALO does best !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: LOSER !