PDA

View Full Version : WTO and free trade



Sniper
03-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Free trade sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until our water supplies become commoditized and controlled by companies like the late Enron. Let's privatize everything.

http://www.guerrillanews.com/corporate_crime/doc1147.html

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Free trade sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until our water supplies become commoditized and controlled by companies like the late Enron. Let's privatize everything.

http://www.guerrillanews.com/corporate_crime/doc1147.html its rediculous, my great grandmother would have croaked if she saw a $1 price tag on a bottle of water!:eek:

Sniper
03-22-2003, 06:57 PM
This is a little different 06. Companies are actually buying up public water... aquifers, pipes, and all and sell it like natural gas or electricity. Enron was actually starting to do this before its demise.

dolfan06
03-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
This is a little different 06. Companies are actually buying up public water... aquifers, pipes, and all and sell it like natural gas or electricity. Enron was actually starting to do this before its demise. heck, the governor of calif was so wrapped up in this elecricity scandal, its not even funny. i don't think anybody has the whole story yet, but take my word for it, the public was getting screwed!:mad:

Sniper
03-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
heck, the governor of calif was so wrapped up in this elecricity scandal, its not even funny. i don't think anybody has the whole story yet, but take my word for it, the public was getting screwed!:mad:

Yes... that was a few bloodsucking companies trying to squeeze you guys. They created an artificial shortages to keep electricity prices artificially high. Most people can do without electricity... can you imagine if they starting doing that crap with food and water supplies?

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Sniper
Yes... that was a few bloodsucking companies trying to squeeze you guys. They created an artificial shortages to keep electricity prices artificially high. Most people can do without electricity... can you imagine if they starting doing that crap with food and water supplies? thats why i'm getting out of calif, everything is getting so high out here, and i sure as hell don't want to be here if a depression hits. hell, you can get killed for the money in your pocket now!;)

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:09 AM
where are you moving to, 06?

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
where are you moving to, 06? my wife's parents live in missouri and my son lives in arkansas. we have a grand daughter there, so arkansas gets the nod!;)

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:16 AM
kewl

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
kewl it snows in arkansas in the winter, but we won't move till i retire, if i don't have to work in it, i can handle it, give me nfl ticket and an easy chair and i'll be a happy guy!:D

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:28 AM
:lol: the little bit that arkansas gets does NOT count. try living in Buffalo!

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
:lol: the little bit that arkansas gets does NOT count. try living in Buffalo! its 100% more than we get in riverside, so it does count!:tongue:

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 05:23 AM
I have lived in both Northern California, and in Hot Springs... I can tell you one thing... you couldent lure me back out there to live if there was a supermodel with a pint waiting for me there.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
I have lived in both Northern California, and in Hot Springs... I can tell you one thing... you couldent lure me back out there to live if there was a supermodel with a pint waiting for me there. back in the 40's and 50's, california WAS a nice place to live. but last time i checked, there were less than 60% natives!;)

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
:lol: the little bit that arkansas gets does NOT count. try living in Buffalo!


Not even if you renounced your allegiance to the wildebeest and became a Dolphin fan SA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: Marino1983

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Barbarian
I have lived in both Northern California, and in Hot Springs... I can tell you one thing... you couldent lure me back out there to live if there was a supermodel with a pint waiting for me there.

Depends on who the supermodel was and how long I would have to live there ....;) Marino1983