PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist Attack

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Terrorists have attacked American soldiers in Kuwait. Right now, reports are that 10 have been injured, but no reported deaths. Lets hope for the best, and that all injured survive. This is bad news. :( :( :(

fins1
03-22-2003, 07:54 PM
i heard it was an accident. not an attack

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 08:24 PM
No, two tents were attacked with grenades in the middle of the night. It isn't being ruled as an accident, but currently as an act of terror.

Prime Time
03-22-2003, 08:50 PM
I also heard about this, let's hope for the best.

dolfan87
03-22-2003, 09:34 PM
I hate the fact that our soldiers were hurt, but how is this an act of terror? We are at war, and how is what they did any different than what we did to Saddam on 3-19 to start the war?

I don't want any of you to think I am anti-war, I am not...I simply don't see why this is called an "act of terror"

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
I hate the fact that our soldiers were hurt, but how is this an act of terror? We are at war, and how is what they did any different than what we did to Saddam on 3-19 to start the war?

I don't want any of you to think I am anti-war, I am not...I simply don't see why this is called an "act of terror"

They think it was done by terrorists, not the Iraqi army....

Daytona Fin
03-22-2003, 09:37 PM
they are reporting now thta a us soldier is being questioned in the attack. they fear that one of our own guys did it. that really sucks!

Platinum
03-22-2003, 09:57 PM
They say its one of our own soliders that didnt want to be over there, he was acting weird for a long time now and they have been watching him. He was wounded in the attack he did and they caught him. I hope they remove his skin with a rusty fork.

themole
03-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ercin13
they are reporting now thta a us soldier is being questioned in the attack. they fear that one of our own guys did it. that really sucks!

I'm hearing that this U.S soldier is Islamic and now there is going to be an investigation "interrogation" of the 18 Islamic chaplians in the military to find out what they are teaching.

The grenades were thrown into the officers sleeping quarters of the 101st airbornes division leadership.

The perpetrator then ran off into the darkness and was later captured.

This must be investigated to the fullest folks! Militant Islam!!!!????:fire: HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT!

Muck
03-22-2003, 11:16 PM
They are saying that a Muslim American soldier was involved. :( Not only were grenades used, but they say small firearms were also fired into the command tent.

Platinum
03-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Say goodbye to all Muslims in our military

iceblizzard69
03-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Oh great, lets just blame a religion for this. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I highly doubt Islamic chaplains in the US ARMY are teaching people to go against the USA. Lets not be ridiculous. The guy did this because he supposedly "didn't want to be there." This has nothing to do with his religion. End of story.

Muck
03-22-2003, 11:47 PM
We're not blaming it on Islam. At least I'm not. It's just so unfortunate that a few bad apples have/will give the entire religion a black eye. THings like this just make me sad.

But the d*ckwad that did this, I'd love to get him alone in a room for some "wall-to-wall" counseling. He's a terrorist. I can't wait till he gets to military prison.

Muck
03-22-2003, 11:49 PM
If he didn't want to be there, there are other ways to get kicked out of the military. Oh I see, he didn't want a "dishonorable discharge". What an azzhole. Bombing and opening fire on your commanders. Yeah, they'll kick you out and just let you go on your merry way. :rolleyes: Man, I hope the rest of our troops aren't as stupid/cowardly as this guy.

baccarat
03-23-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Muck
We're not blaming it on Islam. At least I'm not. It's just so unfortunate that a few bad apples have/will give the entire religion a black eye. THings like this just make me sad.

But the d*ckwad that did this, I'd love to get him alone in a room for some "wall-to-wall" counseling. He's a terrorist. I can't wait till he gets to military prison.

I agree on both counts. Don't give the entire religion a black eye and the terrorist who did this is a major league azz hole.

If he didn't want to be there, there are other ways to get kicked out of the military. Oh I see, he didn't want a "dishonorable discharge".

Exactly. All he had to do was make a pass at his commanding officer.

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 05:59 AM
Well, it appears taht this jerkoff was recently punished and did this as some kind of twisted payback...

simple cold blooded revenge...

it F'n pisses me off, I hope they court marshal and execute this F'n murderer right there on the spot.

Muck
03-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Nah, I want him to suffer the rest of his life. Let him stew and get ass-raped. :lol:

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Nah, I want him to suffer the rest of his life. Let him stew and get ass-raped. :lol:

Well... levenworth is some of the hardest time that somebody can do on the planet short of a Turkish prison.. so... yeah, I could get behind that.

T-ROCK
03-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Oh great, lets just blame a religion for this. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I highly doubt Islamic chaplains in the US ARMY are teaching people to go against the USA. Lets not be ridiculous. The guy did this because he supposedly "didn't want to be there." This has nothing to do with his religion. End of story.

Let's not be so quick to judge... None of us know what this guy was thinking, what his motivation was... It could or could not have something to do with his religious beliefs, but we may never know what made him do it...

But he should face tha harshest disciplinary action under the UCMJ, exactly what, I don't know...

ohall
03-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Terrorists have attacked American soldiers in Kuwait. Right now, reports are that 10 have been injured, but no reported deaths. Lets hope for the best, and that all injured survive. This is bad news. :( :( :(

I heard a report that the soldier, I use that term in his case very loosely, that he did what he did, because he is against the war in Iraq. I don't know how true that is, but if it's true I say get him a quick military trial, and then string him up to the closest control point we liberated from Iraq. He doesn't deserve anything better than that. He swore an oath to this country and the Commander and chief, when he betrays this oath he deserves death, plain and simple.

Traitors deserve nothing better than this, he needs to be made an example of.

Oliver...

T-ROCK
03-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Here's a possibility... He may be in violation of:

899. ART. 99. MISBEHAVIOR BEFORE THE ENEMY
Any person subject to this chapter who before or in the presence of the enemy--
(1) runs away;
(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;
(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;
(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;
(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;
(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;
(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;
(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or
(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle;
shall be punished by death or such punishment as a court- martial may direct.

or:

809. ART. 90. ASSAULTING OR WILLFULLY DISOBEYING SUPERIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICER.
Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) strikes his superior commissioned officer or draws or lifts up any weapon or offers any violence against him while he is in the execution of his officer; or
(2) willfully disobeys a lawful command of his superior commissioned officer;
shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, and if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

either offense may bring a death penalty...

The Link: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ucmj.htm

phinphan
03-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Iraq need not do anything in this war, because if they leave it long enough, the Americans will beat themselves. How many kills of allied soldiers so far by Iraqi forces?.......and how many accidents causing the death of allied soldiers BY allied soliders. This is just getting silly now.

iceblizzard69
03-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by phinphan
Iraq need not do anything in this war, because if they leave it long enough, the Americans will beat themselves. How many kills of allied soldiers so far by Iraqi forces?.......and how many accidents causing the death of allied soldiers BY allied soliders. This is just getting silly now.

I agree, all of these accidents are really hurting the coalition forces and they are dumb and unnecessary. We have lost more men in accidents then in combat, but 10 Americans who weren't soldiers have been reported to have been executed by Iraq. This is very sad and also violates the Geneva Convention in 3 different ways. They embarrassed them by doing the interview, they executed POWs, and then they showed their bodies on TV, which is further embarrassment and extremely cruel as well.

T-ROCK
03-23-2003, 04:28 PM
funny, we attack one of the most evil regimes that has ever existed and we hold them to task for "embarrassing" POWs...

is this really a shock to anyone??? Saddam's regime used chemical/biological weapons on citizens of his own country, does anyone think he gives a S*** about "embarassing" POWs???

onward to Bagdhad...

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by phinphan

So far the Accidents have been (along with the number of dead)

The chopper Crash : 4 Americans, 12 Brits
Freindly Fire: 2 Brits
Murderer: 1 American

Totals: 5 Americans, 14 British

and we have lost at least 10 Americans to Iraqi Gunfire so far.

The only reason that "Blue on Blue" (A term for Friendly fire) has been getting so much press is because of the small number of casualties from combat. Lets not forget that we have over 150,000 americans over there (thats not even including the brits) so all of theese numbers have been amazingly small.

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by themole
I'm hearing that this U.S soldier is Islamic and now there is going to be an investigation "interrogation" of the 18 Islamic chaplians in the military to find out what they are teaching.

The grenades were thrown into the officers sleeping quarters of the 101st airbornes division leadership.

The perpetrator then ran off into the darkness and was later captured.

This must be investigated to the fullest folks! Militant Islam!!!!????:fire: HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT!

If this "soldier" is proven guilty he should be gelded in front of his platoon and forced to swallow them whole !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire: :yell: Marino1983

t2thejz
03-23-2003, 08:48 PM
We should torture him to show him how it feels to be tortured by saddam and that is what he is trying to protect:fire:

T-ROCK
03-23-2003, 08:54 PM
if he is guilty, rest assured that his crime, if it falls under one of the Artilces above, is punishable by death...

i'm no military expert, but it seems to me this "possibly" fits the case:

809. ART. 90. ASSAULTING OR WILLFULLY DISOBEYING SUPERIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICER.
Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) strikes his superior commissioned officer or draws or lifts up any weapon or offers any violence against him while he is in the execution of his officer; or
(2) willfully disobeys a lawful command of his superior commissioned officer;
shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, and if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

those WERE command tents, weren't they??? I assume his commander was in them, but that's purely my own assumption...

iceblizzard69
03-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by t2thejz
We should torture him to show him how it feels to be tortured by saddam and that is what he is trying to protect:fire:

Torturing prisoners is something Iraq does, not something the USA does. He should go to prison for the rest of his life, but we don't torture prisoners in this nation.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Torturing prisoners is something Iraq does, not something the USA does. He should go to prison for the rest of his life, but we don't torture prisoners in this nation. none that is reported anyway. they don't go to extremes here, but have you ever been in a police interrogation room when they thought you knew who did something?!

Chauncey
03-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Whatever happened to the old-fashioned ways of trying to get out of the service ?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif