PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you guys tired of hearing Joey harrington Cry about his days with the Lions?

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Man, I haven't heard anyone cry this much about being treated that way. What a cry baby, isn't he man enough to suck it up?

Vector1Dolphins
05-22-2006, 08:45 AM
It is time to move on and get with the program. When ya spend so much time looking back it's hard to see where your going.

Go Dolphins

guido13
05-22-2006, 08:46 AM
I'd call it venting. The man had a terrible time in Detroit and was their scape goat. If people would stop asking, he will stop talking.

Tenacious D/O
05-22-2006, 08:54 AM
If I was stuck on the lions being a 3rd round pick that isn't living up to potential, I'd say much worse than Joey is.

Trackstar
05-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Man, I haven't heard anyone cry this much about being treated that way. What a cry baby, isn't he man enough to suck it up?

It's funny we call him a crybaby but it's O.K for us fans to endlessly complain about it.

fishfan34
05-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Man, I haven't heard anyone cry this much about being treated that way. What a cry baby, isn't he man enough to suck it up?First off, I haven't heard him "Cry" about anything. I've heard him speak and reflect on his days in Detroit and how they weren't necessarily the best of times for him, but, I also haven't heard him volunteer any information that he wasn't directly asked. It's not like Joey is just out there spouting off at the mouth. Reporters have asked him questions and he's given them an honest answer. What do you expect him to come out and say? "Oh yeah, I love being on a directionless team, void of any kind of leadership or coaching ability. I loved having no offensive line to block for me, a mediocre at best running attack, and a WR or two that couldn't live up to their high draft pick." True, Joey hasn't exactly lived up to his either, but, don't make him out to be this cry baby for simply answering questions. I'm tired of players answering a reporters question and then getting accused "Crying" about the issue. :shakeno:

finmann
05-22-2006, 09:07 AM

Reporters ask and he answers.....

Silverphin
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Reporters ask and he answers.....

Exactly. He's not crying. He's calling them like he sees them.

MDFINFAN
05-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Well, I hope he gets it out of his system, he's with us now, and we need him to get focus on the task at hand, and get his head right. Detriot's over for him for now, he needs to move and so do we.

DolfanCole
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
First off, I haven't heard him "Cry" about anything. I've heard him speak and reflect on his days in Detroit and how they weren't necessarily the best of times for him, but, I also haven't heard him volunteer any information that he wasn't directly asked. It's not like Joey is just out there spouting off at the mouth. Reporters have asked him questions and he's given them an honest answer. What do you expect him to come out and say? "Oh yeah, I love being on a directionless team, void of any kind of leadership or coaching ability. I loved having no offensive line to block for me, a mediocre at best running attack, and a WR or two that couldn't live up to their high draft pick." True, Joey hasn't exactly lived up to his either, but, don't make him out to be this cry baby for simply answering questions. I'm tired of players answering a reporters question and then getting accused "Crying" about the issue. :shakeno:
That's exactly how I see it. And, there's no crying in football!

finfan54
05-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Man a guy cant tell the truth without getting ragged on. You a jets fan or something? I mean, cmon dude, He got interviewed the other day. He was asked questions, he answered them. Tired of hearing Joey Harrington cry? How bout turn the channel.

fInbred
05-22-2006, 09:52 AM
no.

DrAstroZoom
05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
It just means he's extra happy to be here and will apply himself that much harder.

Adam First
05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
no.

What is your avatar? :sidelol: :sidelol:

killakimo
05-22-2006, 09:58 AM
if you don't like his "crying," maybe you should stop reading about him or watching him? just a suggestion.

LtDan
05-22-2006, 09:58 AM
the media keeps asking so he answers....how is that crying? So NO!

LtDan
05-22-2006, 09:59 AM
It's funny we call him a crybaby but it's O.K for us fans to endlessly complain about it.:clap: Well said!! Thank you!!!

csabe
05-22-2006, 10:01 AM
If the media wasn't up his a$$ about it and every person in Detroit wasn't whining about him to anyone who will listen then he wouldn't have to defend himself.

GCD960
05-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Redunancy at its finest right here:

NO!!! I am not, if they werent asking, he wouldnt be saying.

eric-in-tx
05-22-2006, 10:09 AM
look i dont realy like the guy... i think he is a wus... but

when i was reading all these reports over the last couple of weeks i kind of got the impression that he did one interview and the media churned that thing out 10 different ways to fill the offseason.

it never seamed to me that he was going around crying about it just talked about it once and the media keeps respinning it... it makes it look like multiple interviews... etc.:D

dolphan north
05-22-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd call it venting. The man had a terrible time in Detroit and was their scape goat. If people would stop asking, he will stop talking.
I think that's true - venting. But I like how Culpepper handled it better. Of course, he had less stuff to vent than Joey, but it's never a good idea to get into that stuff. Shows weakness. Hopefully it's not a sign of the player he will be. I'm still optimistic about him.

MarinoForPres
05-22-2006, 10:29 AM
its not joey really crying as the press making him seem he is crying.

Alex44
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Not to mention he never got to say any of this in Detroit....he didnt wanna be a problem there, he has bottled up feelings towards that orginization, let the man speak

Ohiophinphan
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
First off, I haven't heard him "Cry" about anything........ I'm tired of players answering a reporters question and then getting accused "Crying" about the issue. :shakeno:

:xii: Brilliant!!!!

Geforce
05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm only tired of posters who keep posting about it.

trate121hb
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
If I was stuck on the lions being a 3rd round pick that isn't living up to potential, I'd say much worse than Joey is.

3rd overall pick...

listen i think harrington knows what he has here and what his job is and im sure he's not crying as much as we think he is....

fishfan34
05-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, I hope he gets it out of his system, he's with us now, and we need him to get focus on the task at hand, and get his head right. Detriot's over for him for now, he needs to move and so do we.
It's not about HIM getting it out of HIS system, it's about the media getting it out of theirs. I'm sure Joey has moved on. He did ONE interview/press conference. It's the media that releases a new article every time you turn around whether it be the Sun-Sentinel, the Hearld, The Detroit Free Press... I'm quite sure that Joey isn't in the meeting rooms with Daunte and Coach Mularkey and Chambers, and Ronnie Brown saying, "Boy did Detroit Suck, Detroit, Detriot, Detroit, Suck Suck Suck.. ***** ***** moan moan, whine whine!"

Trackstar
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
:clap: Well said!! Thank you!!!

Thanks. I'll be here all night. :lol:

MiamiDLFIN
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
First off, I haven't heard him "Cry" about anything. I've heard him speak and reflect on his days in Detroit and how they weren't necessarily the best of times for him, but, I also haven't heard him volunteer any information that he wasn't directly asked. It's not like Joey is just out there spouting off at the mouth. Reporters have asked him questions and he's given them an honest answer. What do you expect him to come out and say? "Oh yeah, I love being on a directionless team, void of any kind of leadership or coaching ability. I loved having no offensive line to block for me, a mediocre at best running attack, and a WR or two that couldn't live up to their high draft pick." True, Joey hasn't exactly lived up to his either, but, don't make him out to be this cry baby for simply answering questions. I'm tired of players answering a reporters question and then getting accused "Crying" about the issue. :shakeno:

I agree 100%

For a definition of crybaby see Brad Childress:shakeno:

PhinzN703
05-22-2006, 11:36 AM
if you don't like his "crying," maybe you should stop reading about him or watching him? just a suggestion.

Pretty much. Turn ESPN off, stop reading the paper, and enjoy your life.

You're the one searching for what he says anyway

pacresjt
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Like the previous poster said he did one news conference and the story was broken up in two different parts on this site and the papers release their stories at different times. I have only heard about one news conference where these questions were asked. I'm not from Florida so I don't know about his radio interviews or local television interviews but if you have examples of him repeatedly going back to this topic please do tell. Otherwise I believe one interview with honest answers is far from crying.

EBMisfit
05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm quite sure that Joey isn't in the meeting rooms with Daunte and Coach Mularkey and Chambers, and Ronnie Brown saying, "Boy did Detroit Suck, Detroit, Detriot, Detroit, Suck Suck Suck.. ***** ***** moan moan, whine whine!"And I have no doubt that if he tried to do that, Saban would show him the door.

Mcganiel
05-22-2006, 12:02 PM
This post is lame. Don't we have a complaint forum for this type of crap!

BlueFin
05-22-2006, 12:08 PM

Your way off base here, it is the media that keeps asking about it, I'm sure he is quite ready to put it behind him, as most players are that have been with that pathetic organization.

Barry Sanders gave up being the all-time leading rusher and millions of dollars rather than continue as a Detroit Lion.

Gridiron Chica
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
There are good reasons to complain about Detroit (not that they've gone unnoticed in the past). Joey does not seem to be the one "bringing it up" however, it is all in media coverage and trying to find a nice offseason drama to write about while teams pick up undrafted and free agent linebackers. It should be squelched soon.

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 12:42 PM

This happens to many players in his position. Everytime I hear an article about harrington, it has to do how everything is different how he was treated. How nice he was and what a cuddly guy he is. Sounds like its a way to advertise himself and let the public know how much it hurts him.

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Yea, other players in his position are always man enough to say, "I'm only here to talk about my current team", those are the questions that I'm going to answer. Instead he goes "wow, I love being here and its not like they treated me in detroit, they thought I was too upbeat, happy and I got ragged on for it".

Move on Joey, talk about your time so far as a dolphin, don't go out there and slander your last team.

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 12:47 PM
There are good reasons to complain about Detroit (not that they've gone unnoticed in the past). Joey does not seem to be the one "bringing it up" however, it is all in media coverage and trying to find a nice offseason drama to write about while teams pick up undrafted and free agent linebackers. It should be squelched soon.

Why doesn't he tell reporters, look man I'm a dolphin and I'm going to answer questions regarding my current team. My time with the lions is in the past.

Instead he aches and whines and compares his time in miami to the time where he spent with the lions.

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
QUOTES BY WHINING JOEY

What Detroit didn't lack was great expectations for its new franchise quarterback, and Harrington didn't think that was fair. "more whining about harrington not thinking is anything fair"

"Of course I was hurt, because for four years all I had done was work for those guys,' Harrington said. "I'm not saying that I played well every game because I didn't. But nobody in that locker room did. " Nice to cover up his play by saying that others didn't play good too and thats the reason why he sucked. All those crappy passes for interceptions weren't made by his teamates"

, I was criticized when I came in because I was too positive, I was too upbeat, I was too optimistic. It always really confused me. Why would you criticize somebody for trying to change the way that things have been? In my time there, I don’t think that the attitude ever changed. " Oh yea I"m hurt because they thought I was too happy and upbeat"

“No, Matt and I have always had a great relationship and he was honest with me through the whole process.
? lmao Matt Millen and him having a good relationship? Sounds like it was a relationship of common failure.

Of course I was hurt because for four years all I’d done was work for those guys. All I’d done was sit in the film room, prepare and be ready for every situation. " If he prepared like he claimed he did then he wouldn't be making the same mistakes over and over."

There is nobody in that locker room who can stand up in front of the mirror and say, ‘I played great every single game that Coach Mariucci was there.
"Indirectly blaming maruccis tenure for his poor play?"

indifin
05-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Imagine being asked those questions every day.Hes just happy to be here.Imagine coming from a grade school team to a real pro team.

Roman529
05-22-2006, 01:52 PM

Hey when you have suffered with being on the Detroit Lions you have a right to cry and vent. It's ok, we understand, and welcome Joey to the winningest NFL franchise ever.....a change of scenery will turn Joey's career around.

Coral Reefer
05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
QUOTES BY WHINING JOEY

What Detroit didn't lack was great expectations for its new franchise quarterback, and Harrington didn't think that was fair. "more whining about harrington not thinking is anything fair"

"Of course I was hurt, because for four years all I had done was work for those guys,' Harrington said. "I'm not saying that I played well every game because I didn't. But nobody in that locker room did. " Nice to cover up his play by saying that others didn't play good too and thats the reason why he sucked. All those crappy passes for interceptions weren't made by his teamates"

, I was criticized when I came in because I was too positive, I was too upbeat, I was too optimistic. It always really confused me. Why would you criticize somebody for trying to change the way that things have been? In my time there, I don’t think that the attitude ever changed. " Oh yea I"m hurt because they thought I was too happy and upbeat"

“No, Matt and I have always had a great relationship and he was honest with me through the whole process.
? lmao Matt Millen and him having a good relationship? Sounds like it was a relationship of common failure.

Of course I was hurt because for four years all I’d done was work for those guys. All I’d done was sit in the film room, prepare and be ready for every situation. " If he prepared like he claimed he did then he wouldn't be making the same mistakes over and over."

There is nobody in that locker room who can stand up in front of the mirror and say, ‘I played great every single game that Coach Mariucci was there.
"Indirectly blaming maruccis tenure for his poor play?"

I've seen more whining from you in this thread than in any of Harrington's interviews.

This is rediculous.

greatwade
05-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Man up, nancy boy. Help is on its way!
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/Whambulance2-1.jpg

EBMisfit
05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Yea, other players in his position are always man enough to say, "I'm only here to talk about my current team", those are the questions that I'm going to answer. Instead he goes "wow, I love being here and its not like they treated me in detroit, they thought I was too upbeat, happy and I got ragged on for it".

Move on Joey, talk about your time so far as a dolphin, don't go out there and slander your last team.It's only slander if it isn't true.

EBMisfit
05-22-2006, 02:12 PM
"Of course I was hurt, because for four years all I had done was work for those guys,' Harrington said. "I'm not saying that I played well every game because I didn't. But nobody in that locker room did. " Nice to cover up his play by saying that others didn't play good too and thats the reason why he sucked.:shakeno:Whatever.... I'll just let his words speak for themselves.

footballphin
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Harrington gave one interview to a Detroit sportswriter as he was leaving and one to the Miami media after he arrived. He did his best to answer all questions honestly. It wasn't his choice that even from the Miami media nearly all the questions were about his time in Detroit. Every other article that has been written has been nothing more than the media embellishing the quotes from those two interviews.

My guess is that from here on out he *will* be saying "I'm a Dolphin now, what happened in Detroit is in the past."

DrAstroZoom
05-22-2006, 02:47 PM
One other point: when you're as publicly thrown under the bus as he was in Detroit, I think you're allowed some venting. I don't begrudge him that at all.

Redneck Friend
05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
i never wanted him here anyways!

because i agree with saragusa, he is soft, and not in a
physical way like everyone thinks he meant, he is week
mentaly, like ryan leaf was, although not as extreme as
ryan, but same kinda thing.

he can't handle ANY criticism from the coaches, team mates,
fans, press...... and thats not good in the nfl. one day your
the hero, the next your the goat, ya gotta deal with that as
a pro in the nfl.

and, as if any of the sabanists have been paying attention to
what joey says, he has implied many times that he is more
comfortable when everything is maped out for him. he wants
to know when to throw, how deep, what to do if the play breaks
down, wheres his jock, etc...... and joeys biggest problem is he
can't improvise, if the play breaks, he folds!

and that is what great, or even good qb's for that matter have,
the ability to make snap decisons, improvise when things don't go
as planned.

and he IS crying! he can say, hey guys, i'm a dolphin now. detroit
is over and i have said all i need to. it's over. ask me about being
in miami and my new team, etc......

but, he doesn't. maybe he is waiting for someone to tell him to!!

NDS
05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I agree with most who believe he hasn't been crying about anything. He's simply answering lots of very loaded questions with a tremendous amount of tact. :cooldude:

Reporters are simply doing their jobs in seeing if there's any controvery that can be stirred up. But Joey hasn't bit into the poisonous apple, and he's never going to.

calphin
05-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Amen.

LarryFinFan
05-22-2006, 03:18 PM

Get real...He's had one interview via printed press and his press conference here...the media is going to ask him about the situation there, he answered it...he's not crying about it...he's the one trying to move on...it's the media that doesn't want to move on....

juniorseau55
05-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Whatever guys, ever since I been on this forum you guys have treated our crappy quarterbacks like if they are above average. I remember when some you swore by Jay Fiedler. Thats what we have here as a back-up.

LarryFinFan
05-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Whatever guys, ever since I been on this forum you guys have treated our crappy quarterbacks like if they are above average. I remember when some you swore by Jay Fiedler. Thats what we have here as a back-up.

OK, you don't like us acquiring Joey. I don't know how you feel about CPep...but what does Joey being a crappy player or a great player have to do with your original post ?? You said you didn't like his "whining"...you didn't say anything about his play...if he was an all world QB, he wouldn't be available to us as our backup...and I certainly was never an Ears or Gus supporter...

But any way you look at it, our QBs (both the starter and the backups) are better than what we've had in here since the day the music died...Even you can't deny that....

IBleedAqua
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
It's funny we call him a crybaby but it's O.K for us fans to endlessly complain about it.
Slap a few of these people in the face...NICE! Good point.

IBleedAqua
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
It's funny we call him a crybaby but it's O.K for us fans to endlessly complain about it. You know what's EVEN funnier? Is nobody called DC a "Crybaby" about his departure with Minn.

IBleedAqua
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I've seen more whining from you in this thread than in any of Harrington's interviews.

This is rediculous.:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :clap: :clap: :hail: :hail:

Ohiophinphan
05-22-2006, 03:52 PM
and he IS crying! he can say, hey guys, i'm a dolphin now. detroit is over and i have said all i need to. it's over. ask me about being in miami and my new team, etc......
but, he doesn't. maybe he is waiting for someone to tell him to!!

I'm sorry but can you imagine the firestorm if he came in and DID'NT address the Detroit situation?? It would have never gone away. One interview on the way out of Detroit, one on the way into Miami. Answer the questions politely and directly and then move on. Saban won't let him talk again for a while anyway and by THEN he will have a chance to cut a reporter off.

IBleedAqua
05-22-2006, 03:58 PM
i never wanted him here anyways!

because i agree with saragusa, he is soft, and not in a
physical way like everyone thinks he meant, he is week
mentaly, like ryan leaf was, although not as extreme as
ryan, but same kinda thing.

he can't handle ANY criticism from the coaches, team mates,
fans, press...... and thats not good in the nfl. one day your
the hero, the next your the goat, ya gotta deal with that as
a pro in the nfl.

as planned.

and he IS crying! he can say, hey guys, i'm a dolphin now. detroit
is over and i have said all i need to. it's over. ask me about being
in miami and my new team, etc......

but, he doesn't. maybe he is waiting for someone to tell him to!! What are you..a shrink? Where is it written that to be a successful QB in the NFL you have a heart of stone? He survived in Detroit for years I think that's plenty tough. He'll be fine more than that he'll be good.

DoggPhin
05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Whatever guys, ever since I been on this forum you guys have treated our crappy quarterbacks like if they are above average.
Whatever dude. Talk about man enough to suck it up - you "suck it up" pretty good with this one. why don't you try starting a thread that doesn't SUCK ???

Jeez - Who is the biggest whining crybaby on the board? Next to "Redneck Friend" who hates everybody including Culpepper and Saban too... Player Haters Suck!! :boohoo:

HybridPHIN 23
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
atleast he isn't as bad as Brad Childress.... Nice first move as head coach!!!! Trade one of the premiere QBs for a 2nd rounder to take a center, and try to Assassinate the Qbs character to justify your mistake. We'll keep a spot on our staff open for ya for next season Childish !!! Syke!

greatwade
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
How can you call yourselves Fin fans and do anything but root for him to have success. Even if you think he is a bum, dontcha want to see a miraculous turnaround???

Explain yourselves, you fake fans.

djphinfan
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Man, I haven't heard anyone cry this much about being treated that way. What a cry baby, isn't he man enough to suck it up?sounds like you have an altererior motive in your post, the man has handled himself with class, maybe you have a different perspective,i don't see it what i do see is complete bias negativity.

themole
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Of all the interviews I've read, I haven't interpreted them as him crying at all.

He's being asked specific questions by the media and I see his answers as honest and forthright. Think what it would be like for him with the press if he copped an attitude with them.

He's doing a very good job handling the situation.

indifin
05-22-2006, 04:43 PM

This is rediculous.:sidelol:

tyson22
05-22-2006, 05:03 PM

as planned.

dude, are you sure your a dolphins fan??? what is a "sabanist"? do you not like nick saban? :shakeno: :confused: :shakeno:
the quote above is so far off base, i dont know where to start. if YOU had been paying attention to any of his interviews you would have read where he was told to not improvise by mariucci. a good team, with a good coaching staff will have most everything mapped out for them its called being thorough . when you have a great system in place the need for improvisation is at a minimum. if WR1 is not open, check to WR3, if the safety is blitzing look to wr2 etc,etc....these are what makes the difference between good teams and the detroit lions.. now if you dont have faith in sabans system thats a different story, again are you sure your a dolphins fan?

tyson22
05-22-2006, 05:04 PM
How can you call yourselves Fin fans and do anything but root for him to have success. Even if you think he is a bum, dontcha want to see a miraculous turnaround???

exactly, thank you:dolphins:

Hellweed
05-22-2006, 05:55 PM

This is rediculous.
:sidelol:

enigmatics
05-22-2006, 05:57 PM

It's called wanting to be right........... at any cost.........a sign of immaturity.

Anthony D.
05-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Man, I haven't heard anyone cry this much about being treated that way. What a cry baby, isn't he man enough to suck it up?It's over now. He will be out of the spotlight until season. Unless Culpepper is ready to play. Then he will be out of the spotlight for two years.

Disnardo
05-22-2006, 07:40 PM

Kind of reminds me how much whining all us Fin fans did in 2004!...

Every day of those relentles, un-nerving, never ending, and mercyless 16 weeks season...

We cried about the same thing, post after post...thread after thread...day after day...:wink:

GRT8
05-22-2006, 07:46 PM
It just means he's extra happy to be here and will apply himself that much harder.

NOW THAT, IS A POSITIVE WAY TO LOOK AT IT. I LIKE THAT!!!!!

dolfanreal69
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
glad to see we have a better back up than most teams.

endorPHINS72
05-22-2006, 09:00 PM

"The Finheaven Intimidator"????

I would ask if you are a fan of the Village People if I wasn't so intimidated. Damn you, you intimidating message board poster!!! Damn you to hell!!! :lol:

jlfin
05-22-2006, 09:57 PM

I've heard his comments from ONE interview. It just keeps getting repeated over and over again by people like you and then you make a feeble attempt at ripping the guy by suggesting that he's going on and on about it.

footballer
05-22-2006, 10:07 PM

he just may be grateful to be with such a quality organization...

tekdeth
05-22-2006, 10:21 PM
There's a couple things here. First of all he didn't cry for 4 years. Secondly, reporters are asking him the questions. I suppose not lieing can come off as crying, but I rather him be honest. Besides, other than his interview with Mitch Album and his press conference, he hasn't talked about it all. Most likely reporters will move on and we'll never hear about it again

Califin
05-22-2006, 10:57 PM
This post is lame. Don't we have a complaint forum for this type of crap!

Considering this reply is posting yet another 3 pages later, would suggest this is indeed the designated place to squat, and pinch.

Noland
05-22-2006, 11:33 PM

That is the way feel he wanted to play here bad knowing that he is a backup to Dante. He really seems to respect Saban and organization I believe he will be a good backup for us being Daunte may miss a few games this year. Saban will be more experienced with the NFl this year and we have better coachs and players this team will make the playoffs.

Danicho
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm surprised by the comments here. First, why does everyone jump on Junior for simply asking a question? I agree with you. I think his complaining is growing tiresome. He needs to realize that the Dolphins have always been a classy organization and that he is no longer with the Lions. I also agree that he is being asked the questions, but what ever happened to the short answer? "It wasn't the best situation for me in Detriot. I'm happy to be in Miami and to be moving on." He hasn't said that. He has been running down everyone in the Detroit organization and really showing how much it all got to him. I don't think the true champions ever allow anyone to know how much they might have gotten to him/her. I realize he is not a "sports champion" but I'm sure he is striding to be one. I like Joey and I'm glad to see him in Miami, but it would be nice to hear more about Miami and less about Detroit from him.

JC327
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
If it was me, I'd be so glad to get out of Detroit that I couldn't shut up, too.

PassRush
05-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Its not like he is talking about it every day. He had a few things to say but those words are being talked about so much here that it seems like something new is being said each and every day

MrClean
05-23-2006, 01:39 AM
"The Finheaven Intimidator"????

I would ask if you are a fan of the Village People if I wasn't so intimidated. Damn you, you intimidating message board poster!!! Damn you to hell!!! :lol:
Classic response. :sidelol: :sidelol:

Ohiophinphan
05-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Its not like he is talking about it every day. He had a few things to say but those words are being talked about so much here that it seems like something new is being said each and every day

Precisely. Along with a thread about Ricky going to Canada, why haven't we re-signed Schulters, who should we sign now that he has been released from someone else, we are the ones who will not let it go.

inFINSible
05-23-2006, 07:37 AM

You think sucking it up is what makes you a man?

:eek:

tyson22
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm surprised by the comments here. First, why does everyone jump on Junior for simply asking a question?

he didnt "simply ask a question", he called harrington a crybaby and the majority disagree with his assertion.

Aren't you guys tired of hearing Joey harrington Cry about his days with the Lions?

by phrasing the question this way, he is implying that this is something joey constantly does which is just simply untrue and unfair. i for one applaud the rest of the posters for sticking up for one of OUR quarterbacks:dolphins:

Dolphins=LIFE
05-23-2006, 02:21 PM
He and Culpepper are in exactly the same boat. Both got out of bad situations with stagnating teams, and their old teams are taking shots at them, and their not keeping quiet. I don't mind at all. Maybe get Childress in MIN and Millen in DET to realize they have horrible teams and are trying to get their money's worth out of two guys who are fighting to be a starter on a Super Bowl contending team.

juniorseau55
05-23-2006, 10:52 PM
This is bullcrap, they sent my post down here because they couldn't handle it.

Joey sucks guys, at least Dante didn't publicly cried about him being a viking.

Kinzua
05-24-2006, 10:20 AM

Exactly.

Drew Bledsoe got hurt and lost his job to Brady, but he didn't bad-mouth NE. He didn't diss B-lo, either, last year when he got dumped for JP Losman and went to Dallas, although he probably laughed his arse off in private when the Bills flopped and Donahoe got fired!

Kerry Collins got dumped for Eli Manning, but isn't whining about the Giants. Steve McNair is likely to get dumped for Vince Young. It's kind of the "way of the world" with QBs in the modern NFL. If Peyton Manning or Tom Brady lose their productivity, they may very well find themselves looking for new teams, too.

Now, Rob Johnson whined about not getting a fair shake in B-lo, and some people believed him, including the Bucs' brass and Jon Gruden -- until they saw him play as a sub for Brad Johnson on the Super Bowl-bound Bucs ---

"Million dollar arm and 10 cent head" about explains RJ. It might fit Harrington as well.

Redneck Friend
05-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Thank God We got Joey Harrington bandwagon, because he's the QB that will lead MIA to a Super Bowl Title, and probably more than one

RIGHT WHEN you think you have seen it all! do we have crossover JET fans on the board? what gives?

What are you..a shrink? Where is it written that to be a successful QB in the NFL you have a heart of stone?

IBLEEDAQUA: no, you don't have to be a shrink. you just have to follow the game for years and know what it takes to be a pro at this level. you'll get there, keep watching and learning!!

joey shunning the endless "why did you fail in detroit" questions is not having a "heart of stone"! he would actually be showing some heart by acting like a mature pro and showing leadership by differing the media's questions and getting on with his nfl life in miami!!

I'm sorry but can you imagine the firestorm if he came in and DID'NT address the Detroit situation?? It would have never gone away

HE HAS addressed this! over and over and over and over! it ISN'T going away because joey keeps balling over it! and the media loves that kind of thing. it is up to joey to put this crap away, other wise, you will be hearing about it through out most of the season. a very un- wanted distraction for sure [along with the great marcus vick saga].........which we don't need either!!

tyson22
05-24-2006, 12:21 PM

:shakeno: niether did joey, and furthermore he didnt say a word while in detroit and his teammates were bashing him.

Drew Bledsoe got hurt and lost his job to Brady, but he didn't bad-mouth NE. He didn't diss B-lo,

what could he have said about new england:confused: they won the super bowl for god sake. you cant compare this situation with the ones you did. first off your talking about players who LOST their jobs to backups on the team already, 2nd off none of the teams you mention are even close to as inept as the detroit lions and matt millen.

RIGHT WHEN you think you have seen it all! do we have crossover JET fans on the board? what gives?

every time someone disagrees with you they are a jets fan:shakeno: what gives with you? given your current bashing of our players it is you sir who most closely resembles a jets fan.

you just have to follow the game for years and know what it takes to be a pro at this level. you'll get there, keep watching and learning!!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: oh, redneck, where do i start on this one. i think, based on the posts ive read from you, that you have a little overinflated view of your football knowledge. you havent said one thing to prove you know more than anyone. as i responded in one of your other posts the fact that someone could learn something from "redneck friend", just laughable. i ask again are you sure your a dolphins fan?

HE HAS addressed this! over and over and over and over!

:link: :fire: no, he hasnt. its been proven that this isnt something that has happened over and over, as you say. you dont have anything to backup what you are saying and yet you continue to say it. PROVE to us that this is something that has been done over and over or admit that your wrong.

Kinzua
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
:shakeno: niether did joey, and furthermore he didnt say a word while in detroit and his teammates were bashing him.

This is not true. He gave a long interview to Mitch Albom (sp) of the Detroit Free Press in which he basically put the blame on everybody in Detroit but Joey Harrington. I don't know whose idea this interview was, but it wasn't just a quick question at a press conference. JH could have declined.

what could he have said about new england:confused: they won the super bowl for god sake. you cant compare this situation with the ones you did. first off your talking about players who LOST their jobs to backups on the team already, 2nd off none of the teams you mention are even close to as inept as the detroit lions and matt millen.

I was the one who wrote this, and I'll stand by it. Bledsoe had been NE's starting QB since his rookie season, I believe, and he got upstaged by an unknown 6th rounder because he got injured. The media in Buffalo tried to bait him into saying bad things about BB and the Patsies, but he wouldn't. He had even more reason to be po'd at Buffalo for putting JP Losman ahead of him, but again, he didn't talk much about Buffalo, only Dallas.

Mature football players handle this kind of situation by focusing on their new team and deflecting questions about their old team. Why? Because football is their career and they have enough smarts and enough maturity to realize that you don't burn your bridges behind you because you never know when you might end up with the same organization, coach or gm. Ask Peerless Price (who, BTW, hasn't bad mouthed either Atlanta or Dallas).

Harrington needs to shut up! The only way he vindicates himself is on the field.

tyson22
05-24-2006, 02:47 PM
This is not true. He gave a long interview to Mitch Albom (sp) of the Detroit Free Press in which he basically put the blame on everybody in Detroit but Joey Harrington. I don't know whose idea this interview was, but it wasn't just a quick question at a press conference. JH could have declined.
not true?? mitch alboms interview was 5/15/06 it was listed as an EXIT interview, he was no longer a member of the lions at that point. he didnt respond harshly to any of the comments being made by his teamates. dre bly is the one we should be talking about what kind of teammate runs his mouth like that about their QB? we have had a string of bad QBs and i dont remember our players running their mouths about it! so whats the issue?the fact that he granted an interview or the answers that were given, because i dont think he should turn down interviews. then people would complain because he wont give interviews.
again, this thread implies that this "crying" is something he constantly does. you have shown me 1 interview. and i happen to agree with joey that most of the blame falls on the people in detroit.

I was the one who wrote this, and I'll stand by it.

and you should, i dont disagree with what you said, i just dont think you can compare the situations, they are night and day. bledsoe was treated like a hero from day one on the bills (i live in rochester, so i know) he shouldnt have anything bad to say, the bills brought losman in because bledsoe was getting old. joey was crapped on constantly in the detroit media and by his teammates and handled it with class. you guys want us to believe that joey is in the mold of rob johnson and ryan leaf because of statements made in 1 or 2 interviews, that again is simply untrue and unfair.

Million dollar arm and 10 cent head" about explains RJ. It might fit Harrington as well.

rob johnson straight up sucked and was cocky. he made comments about his team WHILE he was on the team, this is not what joeys doing and he didnt do it then, your comparisons are WAY off-base and again unfair. if joey was such a crybaby then why havent we heard of more incidents throughout his carreer? my point all along is this, i expect you (a bills fan) to talk junk about our players, but when our own fans (redneck friend and the others)
dont support our players and coaches when they deserve it (and this staff does) they better have a damn good reason for it and im not seeing it.

juniorseau55
05-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Exactly.

Drew Bledsoe got hurt and lost his job to Brady, but he didn't bad-mouth NE. He didn't diss B-lo, either, last year when he got dumped for JP Losman and went to Dallas, although he probably laughed his arse off in private when the Bills flopped and Donahoe got fired!

Kerry Collins got dumped for Eli Manning, but isn't whining about the Giants. Steve McNair is likely to get dumped for Vince Young. It's kind of the "way of the world" with QBs in the modern NFL. If Peyton Manning or Tom Brady lose their productivity, they may very well find themselves looking for new teams, too.

Now, Rob Johnson whined about not getting a fair shake in B-lo, and some people believed him, including the Bucs' brass and Jon Gruden -- until they saw him play as a sub for Brad Johnson on the Super Bowl-bound Bucs ---

"Million dollar arm and 10 cent head" about explains RJ. It might fit Harrington as well.

Joey Harrington is the type of personality that I would label as a person who does not take responsability for his actions. He spoke at some point like if he did but by mentioning other people to be accountable then it shows you what a sore loser he is. I never once saw bledsoe talk bad about new england even though he really didnt have to say anything about them. I didn't see Collins say anything but Joey has to talk about Dre Bly in an interview and hows he is mad at him. That is a complete joke to me.

Boston
05-25-2006, 03:07 AM
he sucked with the lions, he is 2nd string at best, the lions did a good thing by trading him? (or did they release him?) anyway, it was a good move either way, he costs to much, for nothing in return

Disnardo
05-25-2006, 05:34 AM
Joey Harrington is the type of personality that I would label as a person who does not take responsability for his actions. He spoke at some point like if he did but by mentioning other people to be accountable then it shows you what a sore loser he is. I never once saw bledsoe talk bad about new england even though he really didnt have to say anything about them. I didn't see Collins say anything but Joey has to talk about Dre Bly in an interview and hows he is mad at him. That is a complete joke to me.

WOw you are comparing QBs in winning teams (have won or been to Superbowl and Post Season) to one who has walloed in winningless seasons for 4 years?...

What has Collins or Brady have to compain about???

tyson22
05-25-2006, 12:13 PM

so what are your feelings about dre bly? go read my post. oh yeah and kerry collins sucks so he should not say anything.your views, I WILL SAY AGAIN, ARE UNTRUE AND UNFAIR. if anybodys crying here its you.:boohoo:

Kinzua
05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
so what are your feelings about dre bly? go read my post. oh yeah and kerry collins sucks so he should not say anything.your views, I WILL SAY AGAIN, ARE UNTRUE AND UNFAIR. if anybodys crying here its you.:boohoo:

Well, this season we will likely see just how much of Joey's problems were of his own making. Just don't come around here crying about how bad he is when he crashes and burns and then puts the blame on Chris Chambers or some other player(s).

themole
05-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, this season we will likely see just how much of Joey's problems were of his own making. Just don't come around here crying about how bad he is when he crashes and burns and then puts the blame on Chris Chambers or some other player(s).

:sidelol: Don't come around here crying? You planning on camping with us this season to shelter yourself from the disaster that's known as the Buffalo Bills?

F*** me to tears, Kinzua. I've never seen the likes of anything like you Bills fans. Y'all remind me of my military days of those white stockinged slit trench flys that used to pester us at chow time when we were out in the boonies.

You sustain yourself on sh!t, then fill oblgated to come to our house, uninvited, and be a nuisance.

tyson22
05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
F*** me to tears, Kinzua. I've never seen the likes of anything like you Bills fans. Y'all remind me of my military days of those white stockinged slit trench flys that used to pester us at chow time when we were out in the boonies.

You sustain yourself on sh!t, then fill oblgated to come to our house, uninvited, and be a nuisance.

WOW:sidelol: :sidelol: that right there gets my vote for response of the year:1st: . can i use that in my sig?:lol: :lolcry: :df81:

this right here is what we call :0wned:

themole
05-25-2006, 07:11 PM
WOW:sidelol: :sidelol: that right there gets my vote for response of the year:1st: . can i use that in my sig?:lol: :lolcry: :df81:

this right here is what we call :0wned:

By all means, have at it Tyson.:evil:

tyson22
05-25-2006, 07:30 PM
lets see how it looks:lol:

juniorseau55
05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
:sidelol: Don't come around here crying? You planning on camping with us this season to shelter yourself from the disaster that's known as the Buffalo Bills?

We're not talking about the bills. harrington is worse than anyone in the bills.

Kinzua
05-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Putting on aqua and orange isn't going to change Joey Harrington into an NFL star. In four years of running the West Coast offense, he couldn't figure it out. What makes you nitwits think he's going to learn Miami's playbook in 4 months?

themole
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
We're not talking about the bills. harrington is worse than anyone in the bills.

I'm talking about the Bills. Maybe you are correct on Herrington, I don't know, I've only seen him play one time. That was his rookie season against us. I will take Sabans opinion over anyone on Finheaven though.

juniorseau55
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Putting on aqua and orange isn't going to change Joey Harrington into an NFL star. In four years of running the West Coast offense, he couldn't figure it out. What makes you nitwits think he's going to learn Miami's playbook in 4 months?

Joey is full of crap period. I don't know why we even got him.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/joeysucks-1.jpg

FinFrenzy
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM

Let me get this straight....Are you saying Harrington is worse than anyone the bills have had??

FinFrenzy
05-26-2006, 03:38 PM

Maybe just maybe, KC, Denver, Arizona, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Miami just to list a few. Right there is 6 NFL teams could have smarter people in their clubs than you. They all believe Harrington is worth the risk, and a change of scenary and play style could help him. Harrington would not change his contract for any team but Miami which made the others backoff.

IMO if worse comes to worse and he becomes a reliable backup he's definately worth a 6th round pick.