PDA

View Full Version : How Come "Pro Peace" Protesters Are The Only Ones Getting Arrested??

Muck
03-23-2003, 12:21 AM
This just dawned upon me as I'm watching the news.

Every time I watch the news, I see "Peace" protests ending in violence and/or several arrests......and "Pro Action" demonstrations going along smoothly. "Pro Action" demonstrations seem to be the more peaceful of the two.

Also, did it ever occur to these peace protesters that sitting in the middle of a busy city street(s) might piss off everyone else who ISN'T protesting (on both sides of the fence)?? I don't care what you're protesting about. If you get in my way, I'm going to want to run you over. Rush hour sucks enough as it is.

I'm telling you, one of these massive Communist...I mean Peace protests is going to end very badly. And I mean worse than the one in San Francisco.

themole
03-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Muck

I'm telling you, one of these massive Communist...I mean Peace protests is going to end very badly. And I mean worse than the one in San Francisco.

So let it be written... So let it be done!:evil:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:30 AM
If it weren't for peaceful protests, we'd still have Jim Crow. LET THE PEOPLE PROTEST :rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
If it weren't for peaceful protests, we'd still have Jim Crow. LET THE PEOPLE PROTEST :rolleyes: yep, let em. and if they have one of their friggin sit ins and an emergency vehicle can't get to a person in need and they die, they should at least be charged with manslaughter, 2nd degree murder would be better!:tongue:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I didn't know about that until I just read about it in the other thread. That's not good.

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Every time I watch the news, I see "Peace" protests ending in violence and/or several arrests......and "Pro Action" demonstrations going along smoothly. "Pro Action" demonstrations seem to be the more peaceful of the two.

everytime i see a pro action demonstratioin, they're on the sidewalk waving a flag, yet the ones that are for ending the war are laying in the street, and fighting police. GO FIGURE!:rolleyes:

Sabre Ally
03-23-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
everytime i see a pro action demonstratioin, they're on the sidewalk waving a flag, yet the ones that are for ending the war are laying in the street, and fighting police. GO FIGURE!:rolleyes:

Gee, do you think that could be because the pro-action people are not protesting anything? :lol:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:45 AM
Gee, do you think that could be because the pro-action people are not protesting anything? :lol: i know thats the reason, they're supporting their government or relatives!:D ;)

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 03:48 AM
Gee, do you think that could be because the pro-action people are not protesting anything? :lol: i wouldn't be surprised if you talked to one of the protesters, and they didn't even know what the hell they were marching about. they all seem to have a monkey see, monkey do game plan!:D

Peebs
03-23-2003, 04:39 AM
We had a protest in NYC today with 200,000 people marching from Herald Square to Washington Square park. 200,000!
you expect them to stand on sidewalks? And they had a permit to march.

100 people were arrested AFTER the protest ended. So that means 100,900 people were peacefully protesting. You get just as many people arrested at an Eagles game.

There was a pro-war rally in Huntington NY. 100 people showed.

Muck
03-23-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Peebs

There was a pro-war rally in Huntington NY. 100 people showed.

That really doesn't mean anything. The majority of the country supports the action being taken. So we really don't need and get our message out.

Also, I like how racism is being tied into the war too. Like the president and Colin Powell are doing this because they hate Muslims or to "keep the black man down". :rolleyes:

FYI - I got that last bit from internationalanswer.org

Marino1983
03-23-2003, 09:51 AM
That really doesn't mean anything. The majority of the country supports the action being taken. So we really don't need and get our message out.

Also, I like how racism is being tied into the war too. Like the president and Colin Powell are doing this because they hate Muslims or to "keep the black man down". :rolleyes:

FYI - I got that last bit from internationalanswer.org
]

Ah yes the majority of Americans do support the war Muck,, but that % drops significantly without UN support !! :D Marino1983

iceblizzard69
03-23-2003, 10:25 AM
I find it funny how people who are protesting violence are using violence.

Also, these protestors can protest all they want, 70% of this nation supports the war. However, not all of us want to protest, because the government shares our opinion, and people aren't going to go out to just have a rally to support our president.

Pagan
03-23-2003, 10:55 AM
We had a protest in NYC today with 200,000 people marching from Herald Square to Washington Square park. 200,000!

Which to me is brilliant...NOT.

Hmmmm...the possibility of another terrorist attack exists, so let's cram 200,000 people into one concentrated area in Manhattan. Way to go people! Can you say "target"?

Besides, 200,000 out of 8 million really isn't all that much.

Muck
03-23-2003, 10:59 AM
GOOD POINT, PAGAN!! After all, terrorists would never target Manhattan. :up:

dolfan06
03-23-2003, 01:03 PM
you expect them to stand on sidewalks? And they had a permit to march.

100 people were arrested AFTER the protest ended. So that means 100,900 people were peacefully protesting. You get just as many people arrested at an Eagles game.

There was a pro-war rally in Huntington NY. 100 people showed. marching is one thing, but laying in the street holding up traffic, is quite another!:rolleyes:

T-ROCK
03-23-2003, 07:04 PM
isn't it ironic...

many of those who protest in the name of peace can become so violent???

Peebs
03-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
marching is one thing, but laying in the street holding up traffic, is quite another!:rolleyes:

Had people not had "sit ins" during the civil rights protests....

I guess the people in Woolworths complained because they couldn't get a tuna sandwhich at the counter.

dolfan87
03-23-2003, 07:43 PM
My feelings are real simple when it comes to these protestors who break the law, or otherwise make themselves a pain in the butt.

Pack em up, and ship their sorry butts on over to Iraq. I am sure that Saddam would love to have them in his army.

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 08:00 PM

I guess the people in Woolworths complained because they couldn't get a tuna sandwhich at the counter.

Well, I know the people in the San Francisco Fire Department and SF Ambulance drivers were complaining about not beeing able to get where they needed to be in a timely fashion because of theese terrori... I mean protesters.

Or are you going to defend that as well?

PhinPhan1227
03-24-2003, 11:01 AM

OH PLEASE!! The civil rights workers didn't block access to any businesses, and they didn't put anyones safety in jeopardy but their own! As someone who is partially black, I find it HIGHLY offensive that you would equate the actions of people who were TRULY peacefully motivated to bring freedom to those who were oppressed, and the criminal actions of those who would disrupt others lives for no better reason than to express their hatred of the President and his actions. ESPECIALLY when those actions will FREE an oppressed people. DAMN!

themole
03-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
OH PLEASE!! The civil rights workers didn't block access to any businesses, and they didn't put anyones safety in jeopardy but their own! As someone who is partially black, I find it HIGHLY offensive that you would equate the actions of people who were TRULY peacefully motivated to bring freedom to those who were oppressed, and the criminal actions of those who would disrupt others lives for no better reason than to express their hatred of the President and his actions. ESPECIALLY when those actions will FREE an oppressed people. DAMN!

:up: :patriot: :lol: The Black Avenger strikes again!

PhinPhan1227
03-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Lol....more of a medium brown...:)

LeftCoastPhin
03-24-2003, 06:10 PM
What I find truly ironic is that New Yorkers are protesting at all. Afterall, they were the main targets of 9/11. It just doesn't add up to me. I want proactivism and pay back, wouldn't one think New Yorkers of all people would too?

PhinPhan1227
03-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Ever heard of cutting off your nose to spite your face? The concept was invented in New York...:)

dolfan06
03-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
What I find truly ironic is that New Yorkers are protesting at all. Afterall, they were the main targets of 9/11. It just doesn't add up to me. I want proactivism and pay back, wouldn't one think New Yorkers of all people would too? whats really funny, if we had never started this damn war and allowed saddam to build up his arsenal, when he struck, these same protesters would be out there with their friggin signs!

how many chemical plants have they found now, 3?:rolleyes:

Dfan4Life
03-25-2003, 06:33 PM
To all the left wing peace protesters out there, I say...
GIVE WAR A CHANCE!

http://www.kimmershow.com/T-Shirts-Are-Here!.html

Peace,
-G-

iceblizzard69
03-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
What I find truly ironic is that New Yorkers are protesting at all. Afterall, they were the main targets of 9/11. It just doesn't add up to me. I want proactivism and pay back, wouldn't one think New Yorkers of all people would too?

New York is all liberal. Our idiot congressman won and received at least 85% of the vote. This guy is against the war but wants to reinstate the draft, he is a total moron. George Pataki, our great governor, won the race but didn't even get 40% of NYC. Almost my whole school is against the war, and I live in Manhattan. The people here just don't get it.

I have friends who say they like France more then ever because they are against the war. I don't get political at all with my friends or in school, but when they say that stuff I do call them out, and it does piss me off!!:yell:

dolfan06
03-26-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dfan4Life
To all the left wing peace protesters out there, I say...
GIVE WAR A CHANCE!

http://www.kimmershow.com/T-Shirts-Are-Here!.html

Peace,
-G- oh man, i want one. can i get it before next friday, there is gonna be a peace demonstration at the college. think of the cat calls!:D

MIADolFan
03-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Most of the protesters whine because they dont know all the facts that our government knows.... Its bad enough that the media reports when the exact time the bombers are leaving.... there is information that is regarded as secret or top secret for a reason.

I just smile at the protesters... they just have no idea or clue... not that its their fault.... the info is just not available, for good reason at that.

dolfan06
03-26-2003, 01:40 AM
We had a protest in NYC today with 200,000 people marching . yeah, and 190,000 thought it was a line for dolphins/jets tickets!:D

Peebs
03-26-2003, 02:21 AM

Ummm "partially black"? As a Great Aunt of a BI-RACIAL almost teenager....
The actions of those who sat at the counter at Woolworths was ummmmmm PROTESTING and if you will look back at your history books it was ummmmm considered "disruptive" to those in the white community......

As for making it difficult for fire dept to get across town in SF, i don't live in SF I live in NY. I know and in fact Mayor Bloomberg was on GDNY this morning and spoke about the PEACEFUL march. Organizers got a permit, NYC police and Fire are very aware of the permit and the route the marchers were taking. Police are dispatched to keep the safety of the Marchers and non-marchers. JUST AS everyone is made aware of the route and safety of the St. Patricks Day Parade which was held MID DAY on a MONDAY. Try getting a fire truck crosstown or anything crosstown in Manhattan the Monday of St. Patrick's day. But yet I hear no one complaining of the "inconvience" of the St. Patricks day Parade...:rolleyes: And I am sure NYPD made the same amount IF NOT more arrests St. Patricks day for fighting, public drinking and public urination.
I guess we are only inconvienced when we don't agree with the message, right?
That's a truely American sentiment :rolleyes: Home of the free? Only if you agree with the message I guess.

dolfan06
03-26-2003, 02:58 AM
The actions of those who sat at the counter at Woolworths was ummmmmm PROTESTING and if you will look back at your history books it was ummmmm considered "disruptive" to those in the white community......

As for making it difficult for fire dept to get across town in SF, i don't live in SF I live in NY. I know and in fact Mayor Bloomberg was on GDNY this morning and spoke about the PEACEFUL march. Organizers got a permit, NYC police and Fire are very aware of the permit and the route the marchers were taking. Police are dispatched to keep the safety of the Marchers and non-marchers. JUST AS everyone is made aware of the route and safety of the St. Patricks Day Parade which was held MID DAY on a MONDAY. Try getting a fire truck crosstown or anything crosstown in Manhattan the Monday of St. Patrick's day. But yet I hear no one complaining of the "inconvience" of the St. Patricks day Parade...:rolleyes: And I am sure NYPD made the same amount IF NOT more arrests St. Patricks day for fighting, public drinking and public urination.
That's a truely American sentiment :rolleyes: Home of the free? Only if you agree with the message I guess. peaceful march my ass. being a heart patient myself, seconds count, and what if somebody had a heart attack on that route?!:tongue:

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 04:17 AM
I think the Father of one of the recent POW's summed it up quite nicely...

He spoke of how his son loved his country, and the military... and he was proud of his son's patriotism...
He also said (this is the best part) that the anti-war protestors' time would be better spent helping the needy, or picking up litter....

source was CNN....

PhinPhan1227
03-26-2003, 11:14 AM

That's a truely American sentiment :rolleyes: Home of the free? Only if you agree with the message I guess.

Yes..."partially black". My grandmother was black, therefore..."partially black". As for the "sit ins", they were only disruptive to those who chose to make them so. NOBODY was prevented from getting to their jobs, no infrastructure was impeded in ANY way. That stands in STARK contrast to "peace protestors" who are blocking places of work DECLARING "No business as usual". The civil rights workers were VERY careful to insure that their actions ONLY sent the message that "we are the same, and deserve the same rights". Many of the "peace protestors" however SEEK to be disruptive, and deserve to have their asses thrown in jail whenever such disruptions take place. For those who wish to HONESTLY protest IN peace, I say more power to them, and God bless.

Peebs
03-26-2003, 11:54 AM
You know what amazes me...
Those who are claiming to be better Americans than anyone else are the ones wanting to strip people of their rights protected under the consitution...the same constitution the Army, Navy, Air force, Marines, coast guard, Secret Service, CIA, FBI, Congress, Senate and the president of the United States all took an oath to protect and defend...

You all almost sounds a bit "McCarthy" like. And that's scary to me than anything....

And dolphin06...I guess the fact that the same heart attack you might be having during St. Patrick's Day or the NYC Marathon or the Puerto Rican Day Parade that block MORE side streets and clog MORE traffic wouldn't bother you huh? But a war protest march does?
Interesting.....

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 12:02 PM
What amazes me is the way some people... when given facts they can't dispute, begin with the holier-than-thou, "you think you're a better American" routine....

I don't think anyone in this thread claimed to be a better American than anyone else... just taking facts, and stating opinions and perspectives about them.
I'm all for peaceful protest, and freedom of speech... I don't think anyone said any different... it's when your right to protest interferes with my right to go about my business...and visa-versa...that's when it's gone too far. The constitution provides for everyone's rights...not just the protestors.....That's what I defend... the protestors don't have more rights than Joe Public, simply because they are protesting.....

Barbarian
03-26-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
I'm all for peaceful protest, and freedom of speech... I don't think anyone said any different... it's when your right to protest interferes with my right to go about my business...and visa-versa...that's when it's gone too far. The constitution provides for everyone's rights...not just the protestors.....That's what I defend... the protestors don't have more rights than Joe Public, simply because they are protesting.....

:up: I couldent have said it any better myself. :up:

:patriot:

PhinPhan1227
03-26-2003, 12:40 PM
You know what amazes me...
Those who are claiming to be better Americans than anyone else are the ones wanting to strip people of their rights protected under the consitution...the same constitution the Army, Navy, Air force, Marines, coast guard, Secret Service, CIA, FBI, Congress, Senate and the president of the United States all took an oath to protect and defend...

You all almost sounds a bit "McCarthy" like. And that's scary to me than anything....

And dolphin06...I guess the fact that the same heart attack you might be having during St. Patrick's Day or the NYC Marathon or the Puerto Rican Day Parade that block MORE side streets and clog MORE traffic wouldn't bother you huh? But a war protest march does?
Interesting.....

I'm not sure who you were referring to here, but again I'll repeat that I STAUNCHLY defend the right of any American to protest any darned thing they darned well please. But I also STRONGLY feel that your right to free speech does NOT outweigh my rights in ANY way shape or form. If your actions prevent me from getting to work, I expect you to be arrested. If your actions cause someone to be injured, I expect you to be arrested and probably sued. The Constitution ONLY supports peaceful protest. Blocking businesses to keep them from operating isn't peaceful.

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 01:23 PM
I don't have any problem with people protesting, they have the right to do it. However, I do have a problem when they get violent. Also, a lot of the anti-war people fail to realize that Saddam is a very dangerous man, who has committed acts of terror against his own people (Kurds). I don't think he has anything to do with 9/11, but if we didn't act now he could have done something later. We already found a chemical plant, and he has launched missiles that go far beyong the UN limitations placed on him. Saddam is a threat to his own people, and the world, and by removing him from power, this would is a better place.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Last weekend's "Pro-War" demonstration in NYC was a whopping 1000 people.

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
Last weekend's "Pro-War" demonstration in NYC was a whopping 1000 people.

However 70%+ of the population support the war.....
It's not necessary to demonstrate for something that is already happening, .... it would be like holding a demontration for the abolition of prohibition....

Sniper
03-26-2003, 01:55 PM
However 70%+ of the population support the war.....
It's not necessary to demonstrate for something that is already happening, .... it would be like holding a demontration for the abolition of prohibition....

Honestly, I don't believe the polls. They can be used to manipulate public opinion. From what I see around here, it is about 50/50.

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Honestly, I don't believe the polls. They can be used to manipulate public opinion. From what I see around here, it is about 50/50.

around Buffalo? so you're telling me that NY is not predominantly liberal?
Take a look around in Texas, or Georgia, or even NJ....
sounds like a case of tunnel vision to me Sniper....

Barbarian
03-26-2003, 02:10 PM
well, of the 50 people that work here at the plant, only 4 have spoken out against the war, the overwhelming majority are for this conflict.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 02:14 PM
around Buffalo? so you're telling me that NY is not predominantly liberal?
Take a look around in Texas, or Georgia, or even NJ....
sounds like a case of tunnel vision to me Sniper....

I'm not in Buffalo. I'm near Binghamton, NY... Upstate, NY is predominately conservative territory... downstate is much more liberal

PhinPhan1227
03-26-2003, 02:21 PM

Lol....I guess statistical evidence is only valid if it supports YOUR point of view Snippy? Tipical.

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Protests in NYC are meaningless and don't represent the whole country. Democrats outnumber Republicans here by a 5:1 margin.

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 02:35 PM
I'm not in Buffalo. I'm near Binghamton, NY... Upstate, NY is predominately conservative territory... downstate is much more liberal

Ok... you just proved my point... I know where Binghamton is, I used to party there... in fact I have a friend who lives there (not that I don't consider you a friend Sniper ;) )

So...Binghamton, being in downstate NY is "much more liberal" which is where you are... and where you say you see mostly anti-war opinion....

PhinPhan1227
03-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok... you just proved my point... I know where Binghamton is, I used to party there... in fact I have a friend who lives there (not that I don't consider you a friend Sniper ;) )

So...Binghamton, being in downstate NY is "much more liberal" which is where you are... and where you say you see mostly anti-war opinion....

Hey WharfRat...if you spent time in NY state, I hope you were never stationed at Ft Drum....that had to be the most god-awful boring military post I've ever seen. We had to drive all the way to Montreal to have any fun on leave.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 03:07 PM

Actually, Binghamton is more Upstate... At least, I consider myself more of an upstater... Going by football teams you see an equal representation of Bills fans campared to Jits AND Gnats fans

Binghamton, is a pretty good party town. At least it was in my single days!

:lol:

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Actually, Binghamton is more Upstate... At least, I consider myself more of an upstater... Going by football teams you see an equal representation of Bills fans campared to Jits AND Gnats fans

Binghamton, is a pretty good party town. At least it was in my single days!

:lol:

I used to go there when I lived in the Poconos... the drinking age was 21 in PA, and only 18 in NY at the time, I was 18-19 yrs old then, so we'd cruise up to Binghamton to party!
I don't remember it being too far upstate... maybe becuase it was closer than Syracuse (we used to go to concerts at the Carrier Dome).

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey WharfRat...if you spent time in NY state, I hope you were never stationed at Ft Drum....that had to be the most god-awful boring military post I've ever seen. We had to drive all the way to Montreal to have any fun on leave.

I was never stationed in NY with the military.... Ft Hood mostly, spent time at Ft Jackson, Ft Benning, and Ft Bragg.... but not much.
I did live in Westchester County NY when I was about 6-8 yrs old....

PhinPhan1227
03-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Count yourself lucky....Ft Drum sits in country that could have been used for "Deliverance". Pretty place....scary people!...:)

Sniper
03-26-2003, 03:23 PM
I used to go there when I lived in the Poconos... the drinking age was 21 in PA, and only 18 in NY at the time, I was 18-19 yrs old then, so we'd cruise up to Binghamton to party!
I don't remember it being too far upstate... maybe becuase it was closer than Syracuse (we used to go to concerts at the Carrier Dome).

We are about an hour south of Syracuse... about 2 1/2 hours from NYC... Since we measure distance in time, you know we are "Upstaters." :lol:

WharfRat
03-26-2003, 03:26 PM
We are about an hour south of Syracuse... about 2 1/2 hours from NYC... Since we measure distance in time, you know we are "Upstaters." :lol:

I stand corrected... I just never remembered more than a 2 hour drive from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area to Binghamton.... perhaps my memory is a little fuzzy.... :D

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 03:39 PM

Oh cool, my uncle went to college in Binghamton.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Oh cool, my uncle went to college in Binghamton.

SUNY Binghamton or Broome Community College?

Both are EXCELLENT schools.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 04:03 PM

The Carrier Dome is cool. I've been there many times... Especially to see the Stones play... The best concert I ever went to there, was Springsteen's Born in the USA tour!

There's a good concert coming to Binghamton for us old-timers.. Styx and REO Speedwagon are at the Broome County Arena (it is this weekend I believe)

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 04:05 PM
SUNY Binghamton or Broome Community College?

Both are EXCELLENT schools.

He went to SUNY Binghamton, but now its called Binghamton University.

Binghamton is supposed to be pretty hard to get into now.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 04:09 PM
He went to SUNY Binghamton, but now its called Binghamton University.

Binghamton is supposed to be pretty hard to get into now.

I think you need basically a 3.0 to be guaranteed admittance. There's some leeway... I'm going to apply to their new MSW program soon.

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 04:41 PM
I think you need basically a 3.0 to be guaranteed admittance. There's some leeway... I'm going to apply to their new MSW program soon.

I would think you would need higher than a 3.0 to be guaranteed admittance since their admittance rate to their undergrad program is around 40%.

Sniper
03-26-2003, 04:42 PM
I would think you would need higher than a 3.0 to be guaranteed admittance since their admittance rate to their undergrad program is around 40%.

Which program are you interested in?

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Which program are you interested in?

I'm not interested in Binghamton, I just know this stuff because I hear my uncle brag about how great it is all the time, although when he went there 15 years ago it wasn't even nearly as hard to get into as it is now.

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Anyway, I still have 2 years left of HS! I know I want to go to college down south or out west.

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 01:42 AM

Interesting..... yeah, but those parades move!!!!! they aren't burning flags and laying in the street!:tongue:

Barbarian
03-27-2003, 09:46 AM
Not to mention they also get permits for those parades and plan them for months in advance.

Yes boys and girls, they are LEGAL

while the protesters that clog the streets and stop ambulances without a permit or any real degree of orginization are ILLEGAL

It seems to me that theese nutcases could learn a thing or two from some protesters here in the Bay Area that are doing it the right way.

The have positioned themselves at the local BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) stations and are singing peace songs and playing music for peace. They arent stopping people, they aren't blocking roads, they aren't commiting illegal acts. Those people are the ones that are doing it the right way, and if the other millitant nutcases would pull their collective heads out of their anal cavities for a few minutes, they would realise that they are alienating the fencesitters and hurting their own cause, unlike those people who are singing for peace.

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 01:11 PM
If the NY protests were so peaceful, why is CNN reporting on them as

"Antiwar protesters blocked two lanes of traffic and a busy intersection Thursday morning in Midtown Manhattan as part of a planned "die-in." A coalition of antiwar groups broke through police barricades and lay down at 50th Street and Fifth Avenue to act as mock war victims. "

Sounds like a far cry from "peaceful protest". Nothing in the Constitution protects this sort of activity, and I hope that every person who participated is in jail right now.

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 02:28 PM

"Antiwar protesters blocked two lanes of traffic and a busy intersection Thursday morning in Midtown Manhattan as part of a planned "die-in." A coalition of antiwar groups broke through police barricades and lay down at 50th Street and Fifth Avenue to act as mock war victims. "

Sounds like a far cry from "peaceful protest". Nothing in the Constitution protects this sort of activity, and I hope that every person who participated is in jail right now.

Amen.

When someone who claims to be excersizing his or her right to free speech and assembly... infringes on My rights to live, then they are breaking the law with their double standard...

dolfan06
03-28-2003, 01:23 AM

Sounds like a far cry from "peaceful protest". Nothing in the Constitution protects this sort of activity, and I hope that every person who participated is in jail right now. these protesters look like they might be cold, guess i'll have to cover em up with my truck! don't want em catching a cold!!!!:D