PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of these sigs?

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
What do you guys think of these sigs and which one do you like better

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 07:22 PM
1. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/seantaylor2-1.jpg
2. http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/seantaylor-1.jpg

In_Flames
05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I personally like the 2nd one, mainly because the font and bullseye seem to pop more...good job btw :wink:

dolphinfan2k5
05-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Your gonna have to post one first :wink:

EDIT: Didn't see the other thread :smackhead

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 07:32 PM
thanks for the compliment it means alot im just starting to get into photoshop and understand the different techniques

Smoke
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I voted for #2. They're both good but I like the brightness of the 2nd one.

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 07:37 PM
yea its amazing what the color balance tool can do for you lol

Buddwalk
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
#2 enter the photoshop comp next month bro :wink: :wink: :wink:

305TillIDie
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
yeah..number 2 is better..its more brighter, bring it out more..great job on both:up:

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks again for the compliments budd walk i did enter the comp but didnt make it past the first round :( hopefully i wil next time im in the tgg comp for june as well u guys should join up

FinFan72
05-22-2006, 08:07 PM
i like #1

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 08:10 PM
im kinda worried what they are gonna look like after i adjust the memory to fix the requirements for a sig

darkmistress
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
1... 2 is 2 yellow :chuckle:... fiddle with the brightness and contrast levels on the first one :wink:

maybe add yellow to the text? ie: use the gradient tool but merge the maroon (brown red whatever colour it is lol) with yellow instead of white :yes:

EDIT:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/seantaylor21wv-1.jpg
I was bored and needed to fiddle so I did an example so please don't be offended:o I upped the contrast and brightess levels then duped the main layer hue/sat'd it to a yellow then did "overlay". Then I tweaked it with the blending eraser... erm I didn't have the layered version so it's really rough and a bit hard to read... My suggestion is fiddle with the layers and blending options they can really work a treat :wink:

EDIT2: I should add that my version isn't very good I was just trying to show how you can really bring out the colour :wink: Oh and do a "save for web" to get the size down with minimum loss of visual quality if it's a problem :whew:

fins5423
05-22-2006, 08:39 PM
that is awsome sig man, I also like DM 's sig

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 09:42 PM
1... 2 is 2 yellow :chuckle:... fiddle with the brightness and contrast levels on the first one :wink:

maybe add yellow to the text? ie: use the gradient tool but merge the maroon (brown red whatever colour it is lol) with yellow instead of white :yes:

EDIT:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8830/seantaylor21wv.jpg
I was bored and needed to fiddle so I did an example so please don't be offended:o I upped the contrast and brightess levels then duped the main layer hue/sat'd it to a yellow then did "overlay". Then I tweaked it with the blending eraser... erm I didn't have the layered version so it's really rough and a bit hard to read... My suggestion is fiddle with the layers and blending options they can really work a treat :wink:

EDIT2: I should add that my version isn't very good I was just trying to show how you can really bring out the colour :wink: Oh and do a "save for web" to get the size down with minimum loss of visual quality if it's a problem :whew:
yea i totally understand with the yellow it makes it look alot brighter im not sure if it was what i was goin for but ill def take ur advice its kind of hard to do these sort of projects with my laptop because the contrast is a lil off . and their is no way to adjust it kinda pisses me cuz i like how i have it but what u see is different than how i made it. you know also wats a blending eraser

darkmistress
05-22-2006, 10:06 PM
yea i totally understand with the yellow it makes it look alot brighter im not sure if it was what i was goin for but ill def take ur advice its kind of hard to do these sort of projects with my laptop because the contrast is a lil off . and their is no way to adjust it kinda pisses me cuz i like how i have it but what u see is different than how i made it. you know also wats a blending eraser

yeah that's cool, I didn't mean to offend I was just in a tinkering mood :chuckle:, I understand the laptop problem I don't use a laptop and wouldn't for graphic work for that very reason. My ancient POS monitor isn't very good either but that's mostly because it's ancient.

The blending eraser is just one of the PS eraser brush presets, the one that fades around the edges. I don't know if it's actually called the blending eraser but that was the best way I could describe it. :o

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 11:52 PM
the color red by the cross hair is pissin me off the more i look at it im gonna fix that as well

insanity4289
05-22-2006, 11:53 PM
:boohoo:i wasnt offended by ur changes or anything at all. im really pissed off:fire: about this how i didnt know that this would happen :boohoo:do u know of any plug ins or anythng like that i can do to help fix this problem i got it in like feb its an hp pavillin zv6000 its ill with games i dont get it i guess cuz thats usin the video card...