PDA

View Full Version : MOAB time

iceblizzard69
03-23-2003, 04:03 PM
I heard this morning that the Elite Republican guard is being chased by the Americans. We have already lost WAY too many American lives in this war. The Elite Republican guard are Saddam's best, and they will certainly not surrender. Do any of you think this is the time we will bring in the MOAB? The USA could pull their troops back, and if the Elite Republican guard don't surrender, I believe we may use the weapon. I think the MOAB may be risky because it is so powerful that there is a strong chance of civilian casualties, but if there is a time the USA will use it, this may be it. I would rather see the USA not use the MOAB, but instead use a lot of smaller bombs on the Elite Republican guard to avoid civilian casualties. The Elite are Saddam's top men, and are very loyal to Saddam. They are also the most likely to use biological and chemical weapons on the USA. If they don't surrender, I think we should drop bombs on them, and pull the USA soldiers back.

Muck
03-23-2003, 07:09 PM
We haven't lost that many lives. Not compared to Iraq. And not by any standard. Also, we've been fighting the Special Republican Guard. Not the Elite (yet).

The Elite Republican Guard isn't the problem. They are tough. But we are the elite of the elite. We can take care of them. The problem is that Iraq will use thousands of civilians as shields and will hide behind them. They will scatter them and do anything they can to make it look like we target civilians.

That's the only hope Iraq has and has always relied upon: Public perception/opinion.

dolfan87
03-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Ok, I'll ask...what is a MOAB bomb?

Peebs
03-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Mother Of All Bombs

SWS84
03-23-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure how to link this site so here is the URL.

MOAB fact Sheet
http://www.globemaster.de/html/moab.html

Steve

I guess it does it by itself. Neat :)

Barbarian
03-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Peebs
Mother Of All Bombs

Thats the nickname, it's real name is

Massive
Ordinance
Air
Blast

it's a 20,000 pound bomb that is the largest Non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal, it replaces the "Daisy Cutter"

Muck
03-24-2003, 01:40 AM
22,000 lbs. bomb. Was just tested off the FLA coast last week.