PDA

View Full Version : Help?

FALCONS24-7-365
05-24-2006, 11:04 PM
I am using photoshop to make my sigs and for the one below i used 2 layers...a backgorund and a pictures of DeAngelo Hall....well when i cut Hall out of his pic i used the erase feature found on every single paint program...is this the only way to go about cutting him out of the pic or is there a special hidden device somewhere in the photoshop prgrams that allows me to cut him out safer, faster, and easier???....any help will be greatly appreciated.....thanks...:D

byroan
05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I use the extract feature in Photoshop. Go to Filter and then Extract. Highlight what you want and it will get rid of most of it, you'll have to clean up what it doesn't.

darkmistress
05-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Byroan's way is probably easiest... I usually use a polygon lasso around the player then either copy and paste it where I want it or after lassoing do select>inverse the erase away it's somewhat therapeutic doing the latter :chuckle:

dolphinfan2k5
05-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I use the pen tool. Takes some time to do cuts, and some work to learn how, but I like it the most. I used to use the polygonal lasso tool, works pretty well (and easy to learn), but I've never tried the extract thing mentioned.

If you want to learn the pen tool, go to good-tutorials.com and search for something such as "pen tool basics"

Sethworld
05-24-2006, 11:29 PM
I generally make a new layer and color what I want a transparent bright color like green screen green. Then I can use that for my selections.

darkmistress
05-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I generally make a new layer and color what I want a transparent bright color like green screen green. Then I can use that for my selections.

:hmmm: interesting, I'm usually too lazy but I will try this sometime :yes:

FALCONS24-7-365
05-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Byroan's way is probably easiest... I usually use a polygon lasso around the player then either copy and paste it where I want it or after lassoing do select>inverse the erase away it's somewhat therapeutic doing the latter :chuckle:

Whoa...that lasso thing kills me...you cant let o off it or it cuts off short...thats to hard to do for me...to time consuming!...but thank you for all of this information!!...its helped me very much!!!....thanks to you all!:D

darkmistress
05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Whoa...that lasso thing kills me...you cant let o off it or it cuts off short...thats to hard to do for me...to time consuming!...but thank you for all of this information!!...its helped me very much!!!....thanks to you all!:D

if that happens holding down shift will allow you to add more to the selection so you can pick up where you left off. And I think on a pc holding down ctrl will allow you to subtract from the selection.

Buddwalk
05-25-2006, 12:45 AM
eraser for me :wink: :wink: :wink:

In_Flames
05-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Im with Budd, I use the good ol' eraser...:D