PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Eminem Has Won an Oscar

Muck
03-24-2003, 12:06 AM
....for "Lose Yourself" from the "8 Mile" Soundtrack.

This cat has done it all. Has any other rapper ever won an Oscar?? I haven't been watching the telecast, but Queen Latifah could have won tonight.

Anyway, that's about all the Oscar stuff I care to watch or talk about. Just another award show for actors to pat themselves on the back IMO. :)

Fresh
03-24-2003, 12:55 AM
I just went and picked up the 8 Mile DVD today..

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 01:13 AM
Right on... his music is evolving and it's good that he's getting the kudos for it.

Dajesus
03-24-2003, 01:55 AM
Was he there to accept it?

Fresh
03-24-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Dajesus

I don't think so..

Barbarian
03-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Dajesus

Nope.

iceblizzard69
03-24-2003, 10:07 AM
A guy in a Pistons jersey went up to accept the award.

Scrap
03-24-2003, 10:18 AM
The movie was pretty good.I saw it for the first time this weekend.

LeftCoastPhin
03-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Heck yea! I only watched that part too, as I was flipping the channels. Barb Striesand kind of rolled her eyes when she read the nominations and then was obviously shocked when Em won. It was sweet!

dolphan39
03-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I don't think so.. too bad - who was the presentor because I am real jealous of the piano dude http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

LeftCoastPhin
03-24-2003, 02:04 PM
The presenter was Streisand, who appeared to be turning up her nose while reading the nomination. It was great when he won, she was like, what the hell and tried to cover it up by saying...."Wooo, and the winner is Eminem." Nobody in their right mind is gonna kiss her like that Piano dude kissed Halle Berry.

I had to edit this post as I think I got the actor confused with the director of the Pianst. I think one of them is an alleged rapist, wanted by the authorties, but I think it's the director, not the actor. My apologies if I confused anyone.

iceblizzard69
03-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

I had to edit this post as I think I got the actor confused with the director of the Pianst. I think one of them is an alleged rapist, wanted by the authorties, but I think it's the director, not the actor. My apologies if I confused anyone.

The director of the Pianist (Roman Polanski) won best director. He wasn't there because he lives in Paris, and he can't come to the USA because he would be arrested. He is wanted for statutory rape I believe.

LeftCoastPhin
03-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The director of the Pianist (Roman Polanski) won best director. He wasn't there because he lives in Paris, and he can't come to the USA because he would be arrested. He is wanted for statutory rape I believe.

Yea, thats the guy. They were talking about him on Real Time with Bill Maher but I got him mixed up. I was like wow, they are going nuts over a rapist, but it wasn't him. (the actor) Thanks for clearing it up.

Jaydog57
03-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The director of the Pianist (Roman Polanski) won best director. He wasn't there because he lives in Paris, and he can't come to the USA because he would be arrested. He is wanted for statutory rape I believe. Polanski was engaged to Sharon Tate, one of the people murdered by the Manson Family in '68(?). Soon after he made a movie and was involved with one of the actresses in the film, a 13 yr old girl. He's been an exile from the U.S. ever since, about 25 years. If he comes back, he gets arrested the second he gets off the plane.:cool:

Muck
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Sharon Tate was hot.