PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic: Michael William Jurevicius dies (Merged)

xmdc986x
03-25-2003, 08:04 PM
The Tampa Bay Bucs announced Tuesday that Michael William Jurevicius, the son of wide receiver Joe Jurevicius, died Monday night in St. Louis.

The younger Jurevicius, born prematurely during the NFL playoffs last winter, battled a legion of health problems from the outset. Joe Jurevicius, a five-year veteran, nearly skipped the NFC championship game, and the story of his son's battle and his own distractions were a major theme throughout Super Bowl week.

Joe Jurevicius somehow managed to focus enough through his family's ordeal to perform brilliantly in both the conference title game and also in Super Bowl XXXVII.

"Meagan and I want to thank everyone for their support and wishes during this time," Joe Jurevicius said in a statement released by the Bucs. "The last few months have been both joyous and difficult for our family.

"Michael was very courageous and he enriched our lives for the short time that he was with us. We want to thank all of the doctors and nurses at St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, Tampa General Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital for their help and care, and all of our fans for their support. Now we just need time to grieve."

Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1529406.html

----

This is too bad. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family.

Chisel Monkey
03-25-2003, 08:11 PM
I just read the same thing. My heart goes out their family.

Amars
03-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Buccaneers | Jurevicius' Son Passes Away - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:56 PT: ESPN.com’s Len Pasquarelli reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Joe Jurevicius’ son, Michael William Jurevicius, passed away Monday night in St. Louis. "Meagan and I want to thank everyone for their support and wishes during this time," said Joe Jurevicius in a statement released by the team. "The last few months have been both joyous and difficult for our family.” KFFL would like to express our condolences to the Jurevicius family.

Prime Time
03-25-2003, 09:12 PM
My condolescence go out to him, at least his son saw him win a SB.

Cranx
03-25-2003, 09:16 PM
Our prayers should be with him. He's another class act, the likes of which the NFL needs more of.

Fresh
03-25-2003, 09:32 PM
R.I.P

Muck
03-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Hadam..... Poor little guy. :cry:

ckparrothead
03-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Man...thats so sad. We're with ya Joe and wife.

RunRicky34
03-25-2003, 11:18 PM
This is real sad to hear. I wish them the best in such a hard time .....