PDA

View Full Version : SPOILMAN on "Total Access": "We really liked Brad Childress last year down in Miami"

Strangeworld
05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Anyone see this maroon tonight?? He claimed that HE was responsible for hiring SABAN!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Silverphin
05-31-2006, 01:04 AM
Anyone see this maroon tonight?? He claimed that HE was resposible for hiring SABAN!!

HAHAHAHAHA

:bong::redeye:

Miamifin23
05-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Well we can say he did at least 1 good thing in Miami then.

305TillIDie
05-31-2006, 01:10 AM
:ricky:

icephinfan
05-31-2006, 01:14 AM
:bong2: :drinker: :hmmm:

dominizzo
05-31-2006, 01:18 AM
I hope re Ruins the Vikings ORganization

Smoke
05-31-2006, 01:33 AM
I hope re Ruins the Vikings ORganization

They were ruined before his hiring. I can't believe how fast a franchise can completely fall apart.

Lazy1
05-31-2006, 01:37 AM
I remember as if it was yesterday. Wayne huizenga asked just about every1 that he knew who he should hire as a coach and getting alot of different aspects. He had a meeting with Dan Marino and other people that aren't even a part of the fron office, so Speilman had as much do to with the Saban hiring then numerous other consultants to Huizenga. Spielman may have condoned the hire...but he was not by a longshot responsible for it.

dominizzo
05-31-2006, 01:39 AM
They were ruined before his hiring. I can't believe how fast a franchise can completely fall apart.

Childress stinks

lazareth
05-31-2006, 02:06 AM
Anyone see this maroon tonight?? He claimed that HE was responsible for hiring SABAN!!

HAHAHAHAHA
reminds me of the time Al Gore said he invented the internet (information highway) :lol:

endorPHINS72
05-31-2006, 04:10 AM
Well we can say he did at least 1 good thing in Miami then.

Unfortunately, we can't even say that. Spielman was in no way responsible for Coach Saban coming to Miami. It was Dolphins Owner Wayne Huizenga who finally took the organization by the balls and did what should have been done years earlier. He consulted with numerous NFL people (including Don Shula) and most of them agreed that Nick Saban would be the best thing for the Miami Dolphins. Plus, Saban had his eye on the Dolphins for a few years. Spielman claiming he brought Nick Saban to Miami is a farce. Nick Saban thought so much of him he dismissed Spielman after the draft. :lol:

Anthony D.
05-31-2006, 05:33 AM
Wasn't it Saban who put his foot so far up Spielman's *** on his way out the door that the guy might have tasted leather?

GEORGIA FIN
05-31-2006, 05:46 AM
He belongs in a shed with the rest of the TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex44
05-31-2006, 06:28 AM
I remember as if it was yesterday. Wayne huizenga asked just about every1 that he knew who he should hire as a coach and getting alot of different aspects. He had a meeting with Dan Marino and other people that aren't even a part of the fron office, so Speilman had as much do to with the Saban hiring then numerous other consultants to Huizenga. Spielman may have condoned the hire...but he was not by a longshot responsible for it.

Because if you notice one of Sabans first moves was Speilman being gone :lol:

You dont usually have the guy fired that hires you

Kinzua
05-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Excuse me for interrupting the love-fest, but since when does the head coach hire and fire the general manager????

Alex44
05-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Excuse me for interrupting the love-fest, but since when does the head coach hire and fire the general manager????

When the head coach has full controll over football operations, thats when

He doesnt fire him per say but he puts in the word

motormeat0170
05-31-2006, 08:43 AM
reminds me of the time Al Gore said he invented the internet (information highway) :lol:

:lol: I thought Speilman created the internet in his spare time of destroying the Fins....:lol:

Kinzua
05-31-2006, 08:46 AM
When the head coach has full controll over football operations, thats when

He doesnt fire him per say but he puts in the word

Well, I guess that explains a lot ... :D

Metal Panda
05-31-2006, 09:07 PM

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

that was Gore's quote...never did he say or mean he "invented" the internet.

burghPhinFan
05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Spielman: "you're supposed to go out there and get the best players available"
then please explain the Feeley trade to me.

Has anyone gone to a Vikings message board and told them their organization is about to implode???

FINintheMOON
05-31-2006, 11:09 PM
:bong2: :drinker: :hmmm:

Ditto... I think there where plenty of drugs that night!!! BTW, can management be tested for drugs as well?:confused:

wazzy
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
RS is an idiot because why would he hire a coach and then give him full operations knowing he would fire him in a few months! RS is showing more and more that he is slow and a clear liar!

lazareth
06-01-2006, 01:07 AM
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

i guess i have just been exterminated

FinFrenzy
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM

Was Lazareth's comment that touchy for you? C'mon everyone knows he invented the internet....:sidelol:

bigbry
06-01-2006, 01:51 PM

Not real bright are ya.

BB

Kinzua
06-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Not real bright are ya.

BB

In the normal scheme of things in the NFL, the General Manager hires and fires the Head Coach. Of course, since the Mighty Felons never had a real General Manager just Wannstedt's flunky, I suppose their fans can't be expected to figure that out.

Then again, since Nicky is GOD, it doesn't matter what anybody's title is, right?

STANK-STASH
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
what a loser. he's always going to be a loser. I hope he brings Wanny back for old times sake.:lol:

fin1
06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Because if you notice one of Sabans first moves was Speilman being gone :lol:

You dont usually have the guy fired that hires you

Damnit Alex stole my thunder. Just what I was about to say Miami was only the umpteenth team to inquire about Saban so I guarantee spoolman knew that Saban would want complete control of the team thus making spools job meaningless. DO you think he and Kinzua the flyin ape are related? Hmmmmmmm

fin1
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM
In the normal scheme of things in the NFL, the General Manager hires and fires the Head Coach. Of course, since the Mighty Felons never had a real General Manager just Wannstedt's flunky, I suppose their fans can't be expected to figure that out.

Then again, since Nicky is GOD, it doesn't matter what anybody's title is, right?

Exactly dufus.

acmeanvil49
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
reminds me of the time Al Gore said he invented the internet (information highway)

Despite the derisive references that continue even today, Al Gore did not claim he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way.

When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.
Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or implemented it), but that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

In May 2005, the organizers of the Webby Awards for online achievements honored Al Gore with a lifetime achievement award for three decades of contributions to the Internet. "He is indeed due some thanks and consideration for his early contributions," said Vint Cerf.
Rick Speilman made lots of mistakes in Miami. Hopefully he learned from them and will help the Vikes not hurt them.

All I can say is I'm glad he's gone, things are looking good now in Miami.

lazareth
06-02-2006, 07:59 AM
we got some al gore love in the house :chuckle:

endorPHINS72
06-20-2006, 06:23 AM

You're absolutely right. It's funny, Gore is looking better and better these days. His documentary is awesome (even some of my conservative friends found it very interesting). If only he could have came across this way in 2000, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

endorPHINS72
06-20-2006, 06:27 AM
we got some al gore love in the house :chuckle:

Al Gore might not be perfect (I disagree with him on his stance on amnesty for illegal aliens), but he would have been A HELL of a lot better than that pretzel choking, "mission accomplished", "let's start a war and have no exit strategy", "stay the course" moron that's in the White House now.

EBMisfit
06-20-2006, 04:48 PM
reminds me of the time Al Gore said he invented the internet (information highway) :lol:Grrrrrr... you took my joke.

EBMisfit
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM

that was Gore's quote...never did he say or mean he "invented" the internet.I like Gore as well (relatively speaking, at least), but it's a lot more fun "remembering" it the other way.:goof:

EBMisfit
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
then please explain the Feeley trade to me.

Has anyone gone to a Vikings message board and told them their organization is about to implode???I figure they'll find this out for themselves soon enough as it is, if they haven't already.

EBMisfit
06-20-2006, 05:04 PM
:lol: I thought Speilman created the internet in his spare time of destroying the Fins....:lol:Naw, the internet generally works too well for Spoilman to have created it. Windows, on the other hand....

muscle979
06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
You're absolutely right. It's funny, Gore is looking better and better these days. His documentary is awesome (even some of my conservative friends found it very interesting). If only he could have came across this way in 2000, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

He would have won in 2000 but the "liberal" media misquoted him about the internet and turned him into a laughingstock.

Mike13
06-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Has anyone gone to a Vikings message board and told them their organization is about to implode???

I don't know but lets let them dream, its bad enough they have ugly *** women there.

finfan32
06-20-2006, 08:14 PM

we wouldnt be in a mess, we would be covered in sh*t, i thank god he didnt win. hes just like every politician (especially liberals), they do whatever is politically correct, if we didnt have a biased media we wouldnt have the problems we have today, and bush is at fault because hes scared.