PDA

View Full Version : Overhyped Teams

BillsInsider
05-31-2006, 12:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...owl/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/31/no.superbowl/index.html)

1. Miami: The Dolphins will be a popular pick to win the AFC East for those who only look at how Miami finished 2005. Yes, coach Nick Saban did lead his team to six straight wins after a 3-7 start. But that run also included five victories against teams that didn't make the playoffs -- Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, the New York Jets and Tennessee -- and a sixth win against a New England team resting its starters for the playoffs. The main question here is whether quarterback Daunte Culpepper can regain his Pro Bowl form. If he can't, then these Dolphins remind me of last season's Buffalo Bills, a team that rode into the year with a wave of high expectations and flopped under the pressure.

I agree that the Chiefs, Chargers, and Minnesota won't make the playoffs, but right now I think Miami and Philly will be wild cards. But its always good to see someone ripping the Dolphins.

TotoreMexico
05-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Already posted

GCD960
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
A day late and a dollar short scrub but thanks

305TillIDie
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Already posted:yeahthat:

DolphinDevil28
05-31-2006, 12:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...owl/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/31/no.superbowl/index.html)

1. Miami: The Dolphins will be a popular pick to win the AFC East for those who only look at how Miami finished 2005. Yes, coach Nick Saban did lead his team to six straight wins after a 3-7 start. But that run also included five victories against teams that didn't make the playoffs -- Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, the New York Jets and Tennessee -- and a sixth win against a New England team resting its starters for the playoffs. The main question here is whether quarterback Daunte Culpepper can regain his Pro Bowl form. If he can't, then these Dolphins remind me of last season's Buffalo Bills, a team that rode into the year with a wave of high expectations and flopped under the pressure.

I agree that the Chiefs, Chargers, and Minnesota won't make the playoffs, but right now I think Miami and Philly will be wild cards. But its always good to see someone ripping the Dolphins.

This ain't smack, but the two teams' situations that are compared here couldn't be more different.

Just because the Bills flopped after a hot ending the season before doesn't mean the Fins will too.

Dolfan81
05-31-2006, 12:46 PM
and dont make fun cuz at least miami is finally gettin noticed, when was the last time the bills got noticed

jason8er
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
and dont make fun cuz at least miami is finally gettin noticed, when was the last time the bills got noticed
When they flopped last year?

GCD960
05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
When they flopped last year?

hahahahahaha

Dolfan81
05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
they got a little notice but they didnt get any articles or anything

JFoxx
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
:sleep: Wake me up when there's something interesting/useful posted by Bills or Jets fans who hang around our board for no useful reason other than to try (and I do emphasize TRY) to talk smack to our fans.

Alex44
05-31-2006, 01:36 PM

Know whats funny is this artical basically trashes your team :lol:

Basically says beating Buffalo doesnt make you a good team, and that last season Buffalo sucked :D

Dolfan81
05-31-2006, 01:39 PM

Basically says beating Buffalo doesnt make you a good team, and that last season Buffalo sucked :D

well it is true

G-Force
05-31-2006, 01:42 PM
As I told the Jetjunk guy we will try to drop you two bottom feeding teams a turd or two to fight over this year.

Spray Mucus
05-31-2006, 01:49 PM

Send to the depths for smack talking and double posting. Then Ban Member!

retired opfinistic
05-31-2006, 01:57 PM
Great post Billsinyercolon! To the depths!!!!

TNdolfan54
05-31-2006, 02:00 PM
its funny when a bills fan of all people thinks its funny how we are predicted to be as bad as his team actually was

Dolfan81
05-31-2006, 02:03 PM
its funny when a bills fan of all people thinks its funny how we are predicted to be as bad as his team actually was

u mean is

enigmatics
05-31-2006, 02:03 PM

Me thinks you need to get over your overhyped season........

CubanCulebra
05-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Only in America is a fan of a team mentioned among suitors for relocation due to the atrocious nature in the manner of which they "play football" (if that's what they call it) can come on a Phin's forum and bash a winning team.

finfan54
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
More "if's" and "DC's injury is the whole deal" kind of garble that makes no sense whatsoever to a complete football team. What are they going to say if Harrington starts rippin defenses or lemon?

I dont hear anyone talking about the 50 sacks we racked up last year......oh Im sorry...........49!!!!!!!:rolleyes2

50 sacks from a defense that was being totally revamped. Now people are saying we are still revamping. How does a defense who gets 50 sacks (oh, im sorry again, 49!!!!!) be still in mediocre mode? Facts are this: The New England Patriots will never come into Miami again with an easy win ever as long as Nick Saban is coach. Thats about all you need to know.

finfan54
05-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Me thinks you need to get over your overhyped season........

Dick Juron rules dude

ZolarZ_GoPhins
05-31-2006, 02:53 PM
To only consider that we didn't beat any playoff teams in our win streak and that NE laid down is a bad way to look at our last six games.

How often do teams put together 6 game win streaks in the NFL. That in itself is hard to do against any opponent. I believe the last 2 games were meaningless and we had no chance to make the playoffs but still played to win. That says alot about our teams character.

We strarted that streak on the west coast then after a tough comback in Miami against Buffalo, we headed back to the west coast to play a tough SD team. When we played SD they were considered a playoff team and I doubt any media people picked us to win. To just disregard SD as a scrub team and toss em in with the other non-playoff teams is rediculous.

What really irritates me is that everyone assumes NE could care less about winning a home game headed into the playoffs. The dolphins had to go to NE to play late in the year. We played against NFL players that wanted to win. NE did have it's starters in early and we played well against them. We won, quit trying to just disregard a game that was played.

Lets look at who NE beat, 2 playoff teams all year. Pitt lost by 3 in a very poorly played game and TB got crushed late in the year up in NE. They lost to 3 playoff teams and lost 3 more to teams that finished 9-7 or better. They didn't play the Jets or Bills early in the season when they were clearly better.

I think a better idea on how we will play next year is look at our losses. We put up 14pts or less 5 times and got shutout once. All of our wins we put up over 21 and showed good inprovement in our Offense. The offense is clearly upgraded for this season and will put more pressure on the other teams to score. If our D plays only as good as it did last year we should still finish 10-6. I think this new secondary will have to be better then last year and that alone should give us a few wins.

I am excited for the new season and I believe we can build on what we started last year.

fin1
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Funny if we lose those games it's typical miami swan dive but since we win it was against bad teams, give me a break! Typical twinkie eatin fat@ss no nothing never played sports his entire overweight life reporter.:evil:

Oh yeah shut up Jilly man your friggin team will be lucky to win 4 games this year. Buck Fluffalo

BillsInsider
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
The profanity filter is there for a reason. Don\'t try to circumvent it.

Basically says beating Buffalo doesnt make you a good team, and that last season Buffalo sucked :D Is it me or did our removed team beat yours last year?

miaD5499
05-31-2006, 03:01 PM
we are really a team that you either love or hat, and we have seen that in articles written by different nfl analysts but theres no doubt in my mind that we will show everyone who thinks bad of us as a team....i think that the chargers are being very overhyped and i would say philly because i dont think they will make the playoffs but i havnt really seen that much hype over the eagles, with that said i think the eagles will have a solid season going 9-7 or 8-8 but their hard scheadule will hurt them and as for the chargers i dont see any success comming with rivers starting his first year, i see them going about 7-9. And for the dolphins, there is a lot of hype but for the right reason, we finally got a qb and with a solid season last year things are looking good, we will have to prove to people that we are a super bowl caliber team but i would deff say that we are a playoff team

Alex44
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Is it me or did our sh!ty team beat yours last year?

Is it me or did you finish with a worse record, blow a 21 point lead, and almost blow the game you won, in which you would have lost if a ROOKIE didnt fumble

fin1
05-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Is it me or did you finish with a worse record, blow a 21 point lead, and almost blow the game you won, in which you would have lost if a ROOKIE didnt fumble

On the goal line no doubt. Are we in the depths?

HybridPHIN 23
05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't see how Buffalo's expectations last year could be quite as high as ours this year.

Prime
05-31-2006, 03:08 PM

No, it's just that Bills trolls like to come on this board and troll where they aren't suppose to troll.

There is a forum for that, so use it.

GCD960

Even a blind dog finds a bone

Alex44

No but he/she/it started it.......

GCD960
05-31-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't see how Buffalo's expectations last year could be quite as high as ours this year.

Can they ever be that high?

Vector1Dolphins
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM

Yea once and not by much as I recall, then later in the season you Bungled a game with a 20 point lead and then lost.

Fact is the Bunglow Bills are 4 time losers.

Go Dolphins

Vector1Dolphins
05-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Even a blind dog finds a bone

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Thats to dayum funny.

Go Dolphins

Prime
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Yet another thread in the MB that goes in the depths. :rolleyes2

When will people ever learn.......

true dol-fan
05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
fins have a shot bills don't

TotoreMexico
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude, every single jills fan that post here gets OWNED:sidelol: I love it!

FinFrenzy
06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
As your name says BillsInsider. I would stick with what you think you know instead of posting recycled garbage and looking dumber than you actually are? Unless you really are that dumb....hmmmm....are you?

STANK-STASH
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Why are there Bills fans here? GO AWAY LOSER!!!! I can't wait when the fins kick the $#!% out of P.O.S. team. Go bury yourself in some snow cause it's only going to get worse for you.:tantrum:

Alex44
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
As your name says BillsInsider. I would stick with what you think you know instead of posting recycled garbage and looking dumber than you actually are? Unless you really are that dumb....hmmmm....are you?

I suggest he changes his username to

BillsInsideme :lol:

FinFrenzy
06-10-2006, 09:29 AM
little billy bob insider trying to scoop something about the fins....but ummm I thought his name is billsinsider??

So my question is what Bill are you inside????

EBMisfit
06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
But that run also included five victories against teams that didn't make the playoffs -- Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, the New York Jets and Tennessee -- and a sixth win against a New England team resting its starters for the playoffs.True, SD didn't make the playoffs, but largely because of their loss (in their house) to the 'Phins. And this was the same SD that the next week travelled to Indianapolis and handed the Colts their first loss of the season. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, the 'Phins six game win streak was the second longest (after the Steelers') to end the season. Lastly, the Dolphins didn't make the schedule, so didn't have any say in who they played in the last seven weeks.

The main question here is whether quarterback Daunte Culpepper can regain his Pro Bowl form. If he can't, then these Dolphins remind me of last season's Buffalo Bills, a team that rode into the year with a wave of high expectations and flopped under the pressure.
Given his performance in the mini-camps, a more likely possibility is that Culpepper can regain his Pro Bowl form.

But its always good to see someone ripping the Dolphins.
I see that the Barfalo Jills didn't make the list. Probably because it's hard to be considered overhyped when your team is considered the front runner for the first pick in next year's draft.

Have fun in the cellar!