PDA

View Full Version : 'Saved by the Bell' Actress Sues Tabloid

BAMAPHIN 22
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Lark Voorhies, who played Lisa Turtle in TV's "Saved By the Bell," has sued The National Enquirer for libel over an article that included claims she had a drug problem.

The suit, which seeks unspecified damages, was filed Tuesday in Superior Court.

The suit says Voorhies, whom it describes as a "famous and popular actress," lost several "potential acting and hosting jobs" after the tabloid published a June 2005 article that said she was hospitalized for a cocaine addiction.

Her doctor wrote a letter confirming that she had no addiction and was not hospitalized for drug abuse, the suit said.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/saved-by-the-bell-actress-sues-tabloid/20060601065809990001

Samphin
06-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Lark Voorhies, who played Lisa Turtle in TV's "Saved By the Bell," has sued The National Enquirer for libel over an article that included claims she had a drug problem.

The suit, which seeks unspecified damages, was filed Tuesday in Superior Court.

The suit says Voorhies, whom it describes as a "famous and popular actress," lost several "potential acting and hosting jobs" after the tabloid published a June 2005 article that said she was hospitalized for a cocaine addiction.

Her doctor wrote a letter confirming that she had no addiction and was not hospitalized for drug abuse, the suit said.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/articles/_a/saved-by-the-bell-actress-sues-tabloid/20060601065809990001

She should sue for libel, but not over the drug accusation. There is no way she is a "famous and popular actress." That is just bad journalism right there... :tongue:

Roman529
06-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Another child star screws up. I saw McCauley Caulkin the other day on tv and he seems to be one of the few of them who still has his life together and isn't screwed up by fame and fortune.

Samphin
06-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Another child star screws up. I saw McCauley Caulkin the other day on tv and he seems to be one of the few of them who still has his life together and isn't screwed up by fame and fortune.

...:eek:

I guess you missed that whole alcohol period of his life then eh?

Clark Kent
06-01-2006, 08:18 PM
She should sue for libel, but not over the drug accusation. There is no way she is a "famous and popular actress." That is just bad journalism right there... :tongue::lol:

FinaciousOne
06-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I saw McCauley Caulkin the other day on tv and he seems to be one of the few of them who still has his life together and isn't screwed up by fame and fortune.

You're right.
That was Michael Jackson's job when they were home alone.