PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Please say a prayer for my mom

like2god
06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
She woke up this morning having trouble breathing and coughing up blood. My sister and I took the day off from work to take her to the hospital. We spent all day without hearing anything from the doctors until about 5 oclock, they told us that they looked at her chest Xrays and she has some abnormalities and they aren't going to be sure what they are until they run some more tests. Right now they diagnosed her with asparatic pneumonia but said that could change after the tests, but even just pneumonia at her age isn't good. I am really freaking out about this right now, my mom is everything to me, she is the one who raised me. I don't have a relationship with my father because he was abusive to my mom and sisters ,so she has been my mom and my dad. I am a big boy but I will always be a momma's boy. Please say a prayer for her if you would.

THanx
like2

Walking25
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
She woke up this morning having trouble breathing and coughing up blood. My sister and I took the day off from work to take her to the hospital. We spent all day without hearing anything from the doctors until about 5 oclock, they told us that they looked at her chest Xrays and she has some abnormalities and they aren't going to be sure what they are until they run some more tests. Right now they diagnosed her with asparatic pneumonia but said that could change after the tests, but even just pneumonia at her age isn't good. I am really freaking out about this right now, my mom is everything to me, she is the one who raised me. I don't have a relationship with my father because he was abusive to my mom and sisters ,so she has been my mom and my dad. I am a big boy but I will always be a momma's boy. Please say a prayer for her if you would.

THanx
like2

I will

GreenMonster
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
From someone that lost my Mom when I was 5, I pray for you..

Rocky Raccoon
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
of course I will bro...I'm sorry for what has happened and hope everything works out for the best. Stay strong and shoot me a PM is you need anything.

The Rev
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM

THanx
like2

No problem, Michael. She will be in my prayers. No shame in loving your mom. I'm a momma's boy at 39. Dunno where I'd be without her and I have my father around. :wink:

like2god
06-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanx guys it really means alot. I appreciate all of it I really do. I have to get to bed so I can be at the hospital by 6 am before her tests. They wouldnt letm e stay the night so I have to be there early. Thanx again and i will report any news if time allows.

Rocky Raccoon
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanx guys it really means alot. I appreciate all of it I really do. I have to get to bed so I can be at the hospital by 6 am before her tests. They wouldnt letm e stay the night so I have to be there early. Thanx again and i will report any news if time allows.

good luck once again bro :pray:

TJamesW_phinfan
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
She and your family are in my prayers.

aquaattak
06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Hope everything turns out ok.

My thoughts and prayers will be with your family.

TotoreMexico
06-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna pray for your mom, best wishes to you and your family

Silverphin
06-01-2006, 10:05 PM

THanx
like2

I just did. I hope she pulls through bro. They optimistic. It usually helps.

Dors156
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
i will:pray:

The Confessor
06-01-2006, 10:45 PM
All our prayers go out to her and you as well. The irony is that it takes a man to realize he is a Momma's boy.

God work your wonders please. (Again...)

Fin Fan in Cali
06-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Bro, you and your mom are in my prayers and thoughts! Keep the Faith and stay strong! Nothing but the best wishes for your mother.

Maynard the Hammer
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
will do like2

dolfan72734me
06-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Brother, I am definately praying for yuor mom, and you. Keep us posted, man.

Amars
06-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Your mom seems like a strong woman. She is strong to pull through this. Our prayer are with her and your family.

dominizzo
06-02-2006, 01:46 AM
You betcha FinBRo Pm me if anything!! My prayers go to ur mom!!!

305TillIDie
06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
i will do a prayer for your mom..things are hard for myself and my mother..shes still in the hospital so i know what you been thru..my mom is only 41 and doctors dont know if she will make it or not..its tough know that...but ill keep it in god's hands..take care of your mom..pray hard everyday

dolphan117
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Sure thing bro, keep us updated.

Celtkin
06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Michael, she will be in my prayers. Please keep us up to date. Let us know if we can do anything for you or your family.

dreday
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Prayers Said.The Lord will handle it.

Celtkin
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
i will do a prayer for your mom..things are hard for myself and my mother..shes still in the hospital so i know what you been thru..my mom is only 41 and doctors dont know if she will make it or not..its tough know that...but ill keep it in god's hands..take care of your mom..pray hard everyday

Things seem to be happening all around. My mom just got out of the hospital after a 6-week stay from MRSA pneumonia. She is 80 years old so it is always touch and go.

Bro, you and your mom are in my prayers. Let us know if we can do anything for you or your family.

Agent51
06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry for the late reply man, but I hope everything turns out OK. I know we don't personally talk often, but you can always shoot me a PM if ya need someone to talk to.

Roman529
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers Michael....my Mom means everything to me too.

In_Flames
06-02-2006, 01:57 PM
stay strong man...my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, and your family.

like2god
06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, guys thank you for all of your prayers, your warm wishes really mean a lot to me. I really don't have anything new to report, she had her test today and it went rrelatively well and she has another one scheduled for monday. She is still coughing up blood and her xrays and catscans need further evaluation, so she isn't out of the dark yet. I am a little more calm than I was yesterday. I have spent the past two days comforting her and talking to doctors. There is a little good news, this whole thing has brought my family closer together. My brother, who I haven't seen in 4 years, and who lives in Pennsylvania is in constant contact with us, and we all have rallied around her so she feels as comfortable as possible. I won't be on here until monday or tuesday, maybe I will, I don't know. I'll try to stay positive and update when I can.

Again thank you very much for all of your prayers and kind words. It really means a lot to me and my family. 305Till and Celtkin, my prayers go out to your mothers, I hope that god blesses them in their time of need. And if anyone in any of our Finheaven families is sick or in harms way :troops:, my prayers go out to them as well.

Thanx
mike

The Rev
06-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow, guys thank you for all of your prayers, your warm wishes really mean a lot to me. I really don't have anything new to report, she had her test today and it went rrelatively well and she has another one scheduled for monday. She is still coughing up blood and her xrays and catscans need further evaluation, so she isn't out of the dark yet. I am a little more calm than I was yesterday. I have spent the past two days comforting her and talking to doctors. There is a little good news, this whole thing has brought my family closer together. My brother, who I haven't seen in 4 years, and who lives in Pennsylvania is in constant contact with us, and we all have rallied around her so she feels as comfortable as possible. I won't be on here until monday or tuesday, maybe I will, I don't know. I'll try to stay positive and update when I can.

Again thank you very much for all of your prayers and kind words. It really means a lot to me and my family. 305Till and Celtkin, my prayers go out to your mothers, I hope that god blesses them in their time of need. And if anyone in any of our Finheaven families is sick or in harms way :troops:, my prayers go out to them as well.

Thanx
mike

Amen brother. We'll be here if you need us. :wink:

The Confessor
06-02-2006, 11:19 PM

Thanx
mike

Brother, you are still in our prayers.
God does work in roundabout ways. I believe he "Works outside the box". That is, you dont realize that something tragic or traumatic happened to directly and positively affect something else.

Hope that I'm not talking "Outside the box".

Majpain
06-03-2006, 12:20 AM
I hope she gets better.

King Felix
06-03-2006, 12:32 AM
bro i am very sorry. i hope she gets better and prayers go out to her and ur family.

d-day
06-03-2006, 09:34 AM

THanx
like2

all my best like2god - keep us posted...

inFINSible
06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
She's in my thoughts too, like2god.

FinFan72
06-03-2006, 01:18 PM
She's in my thoughts too, like2god.
same here

ganooch
06-03-2006, 03:40 PM
your mom is in my prayers. I wish you and your family all of the best.

calphin
06-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way... Keep us informed and we will continue to pray for you and your entire family.

like2god
06-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Thank you guys, you have no idea how much this is appreciated. Something as simple as your prayers do infact help us and make us feel more comfortable. Just knowing that people, outside our family and immediate circle of friends, knowing that people care and are praying for us really does work wonders. I don't know if you all realize how important it is, just understand that it is very important to us.

As far as my mom, she seems to be getting better, her pneumonia is going away and the blood is slowly disappearing. The only thing that worries us now are her chest xrays and catscans. They still show a few abnormalities which could turn out to be nothing more than scar tissue from a previous pneumonia. We are just hoping that it doesn't turn out to be something more serious like cancer or TB. We won't know anything until tomorrow at the earliest so we are still being cautious.

Again thank you all for your prayers, they really do mean the world to us. I will update asap.

Mike

HelenaBucket
06-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Sorry for your mom's troubles. Continued positive energy and healing vibes are being sent your way.

Buddwalk
06-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Sorry for your moms problems bro...I'll say a prayer or two for your mom and your family

like2god
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
After a few days of tests and talking with doctors we still don't know why my mom is asparating (some of her food and drink are getting into her lungs). And they finally compared her Xrays and the findings are scaring the hell out of me. They compared her newest Xrays with Xrays from 4 years ago and they said that the abnormality that they saw has grown a little bit. The doctors didn't say what it is, or what they think it might be, but we are worried that it might be cancer (I hate to even type that word). They are going to do a lung biopsy to determine exactly what it is. I just hope and pray that the abnormality turns out to be a non-cancerous abnormality. My grandfather, who took the place of my father and helped my mother raise me, died from cancer when I was 8 years old. I don't know what to think right now. The next round of tests could take a few weeks so please say another prayer for her.

Michael

Rocky Raccoon
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
After a few days of tests and talking with doctors we still don't know why my mom is asparating (some of her food and drink are getting into her lungs). And they finally compared her Xrays and the findings are scaring the hell out of me. They compared her newest Xrays with Xrays from 4 years ago and they said that the abnormality that they saw has grown a little bit. The doctors didn't say what it is, or what they think it might be, but we are worried that it might be cancer (I hate to even type that word). They are going to do a lung biopsy to determine exactly what it is. I just hope and pray that the abnormality turns out to be a non-cancerous abnormality. My grandfather, who took the place of my father and helped my mother raise me, died from cancer when I was 8 years old. I don't know what to think right now. The next round of tests could take a few weeks so please say another prayer for her.

Michael

will do bro, I hope the best for her

Baxter
06-08-2006, 11:15 PM
will do bro, I hope the best for her
Same here man, Keep you in my prayers.

like2god
06-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Thanx guys, it really means alot to us.

Daunte'sInferno
06-08-2006, 11:58 PM
My fam sends our best wishes and prayers. Keep a level head and keep pos. Be strong my friend.

Shula Come Back!
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
I will definitely say a prayer for your mom and your family. I hope you guys get through everything Ok. Just remember, moms are the strongest people in the world!

TotoreMexico
06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Michael be strong man, I'm gonna pray for your mom and for your family, keep the faith!

like2god
06-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys, nothing new to report. It's a little tough to stay positive and focused, but with the support from my family, friends and my FinHeaven bro's it gives me a lot of strength to get through and help make my mom happy and comfortable. Your kind and thoughtful words mean a lot.

Thanks
Michael

NaboCane
06-10-2006, 02:23 AM
My prayers are with you and your mom, Michael. I hope she recovers 100%.

like2god
06-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Well, my mom is home. She still needs to have the lung biopsy, but her pneumonia has cleared up. We pulled her out of the hospital because of the awful treatment that she received from one of the doctors. The hospital rotates doctors every week and this third doctor was just horrific. Dr. lisa Zhang was the most unprofessional doctor I have ever come across. She cancelled the tests that the other doctors scheduled and wouldn't even listen to our questions. She talked down to my mother and treated her as if she was one of those old people who goes to the doctor when nothing is actually wrong with them just for attention. She didn't even read my mother's chart, so how in the hell could she give an honest and informed diagnosis? So we felt that she would get better care if we scheduled the tests with the doctors ourselves. She is feeling better and now knows what to do to avoid asparating. The lung biopsy still scares us a little bit but she is willing to have it done asap.

Again I would like to thank you guys for the prayers and support. I have said it a few times but it really does mean a lot to me and my family. It was really comforting to come here and see such a wonderful show of support and I really do appreciate it. And icephinfan, you were a big help bro, I see very good karma in your future. I will start posting here again, I felt a little guilty enjoying myself while my mom was in the hospital, but I feel that things are going in the right direction so I am back.

Thanx guys
Mike

Baxter
06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey man good to know her pneumonia has cleared up. hope everything keeps getting better and better.

Rocky Raccoon
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Hey man good to know her pneumonia has cleared up. hope everything keeps getting better and better.

:yeahthat:

I will continue the prayers l2g

The Rev
06-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Michael,
Still praying for your family and keeping postivie thoughts.
We're here for you.

d-day
06-14-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, my mom is home. She still needs to have the lung biopsy, but her pneumonia has cleared up. We pulled her out of the hospital because of the awful treatment that she received from one of the doctors. The hospital rotates doctors every week and this third doctor was just horrific. Dr. lisa Zhang was the most unprofessional doctor I have ever come across. She cancelled the tests that the other doctors scheduled and wouldn't even listen to our questions. She talked down to my mother and treated her as if she was one of those old people who goes to the doctor when nothing is actually wrong with them just for attention. She didn't even read my mother's chart, so how in the hell could she give an honest and informed diagnosis? So we felt that she would get better care if we scheduled the tests with the doctors ourselves. She is feeling better and now knows what to do to avoid asparating. The lung biopsy still scares us a little bit but she is willing to have it done asap.

Again I would like to thank you guys for the prayers and support. I have said it a few times but it really does mean a lot to me and my family. It was really comforting to come here and see such a wonderful show of support and I really do appreciate it. And icephinfan, you were a big help bro, I see very good karma in your future. I will start posting here again, I felt a little guilty enjoying myself while my mom was in the hospital, but I feel that things are going in the right direction so I am back.

Thanx guys
Mike

congrats on the news mike - don't forget you need to take care of yourself too bro - last thing you need is your mom worrying about you right now - good luck and keep us posted

playmaker1
06-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Your mother, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prays bro

TotoreMexico
06-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Great news, good to hear she's feeling better, I'll pray for your mom bro, my best wishes to you and your family.

You should do this:

Dr. lisa Zhang -------->:buttkick:<----------Mike

And give her another one for me :D

Perfect23
06-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I understand my mom is the one raising me right now i havent seen my dad in about 12 years so I will pray for the best.