PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Stones

Roman529
06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone:

Have any of you guys ever had any kidney stones? I seem to get one about every year or two. I went and got x-rayed and I have a 3 millimeter sized stone by my right kidney. It makes you feel like someone is stabbing you in the ribs and back. I have been taking percocet to deal with the pain. The doc said the kidney stone was too high up in my kidney to blast with ultrasound waves. I am pretty miserable. The doc just said drink water and take painkillers. Anyone else ever have kidney stones and do you know any way to get rid of them? :(

zach13
06-02-2006, 02:18 PM
I just read a study a week ago about lemonade and kidney stones:

"Regular consumption of the refreshing drink or even lemon juice mixed with water may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in the urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may build up into kidney stones, two studies presented at the American Urological Association annual meeting in Atlanta have revealed."

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006%5C05%5C30%5Cstory_30-5-2006_pg1_8

This just came out three days ago so your Dr. might not know about it yet

Roman529
06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I think I will give lemonade or maybe some lemon juice mixed with water a try. :shakeno:

Rocky Raccoon
06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
sorry to hear Roman...how long do you have to live with the pain?

TotoreMexico
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
My grandma uses some herbs (matlaloc) and makes a tea, and she says it's very good and helps you to expel the stones (but if the stones are too big is very painful)

UltraDol-Fan
06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
the only ways I've heard of getting rid of them are peeing them out or surgery. I had a teacher in high school who missed about 4 weeks of school cause he had a huge one, and a guy on my hockey team passed one out a few weeks ago.

Roman529
06-02-2006, 03:03 PM
sorry to hear Roman...how long do you have to live with the pain?

Most of the time when I get them they are not that big...about the size of a BB from a BB gun, but they have these sharp ridges on them so they kind of cut as they move through you...you end up with blood in your urine. Most of the ones I have had have passed through me within a couple weeks,,,,but sometimes they get stuck and then they can take months to go through you. :(

Spray Mucus
06-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Most of the time when I get them they are not that big...about the size of a BB from a BB gun, but they have these sharp ridges on them so they kind of cut as they move through you...you end up with blood in your urine. Most of the ones I have had have passed through me within a couple weeks,,,,but sometimes they get stuck and then they can take months to go through you. :(

are they as hard as a BB or gravel?

or do they break as easy as a sugar cube would?

Roman529
06-02-2006, 05:44 PM
are they as hard as a BB or gravel?

or do they break as easy as a sugar cube would?

The ones I get are like solid rocks....I think that is why they get stuck. I am thinking of using medicinal marijuana for the pain if this keeps up...it doesn't hurt 24/7 but it feels like a hot knife going in you at times. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Maynard the Hammer
06-02-2006, 06:05 PM
sorry roman. my only experience with kidney stones is watching Kramer deal with them on seinfeld. i believe he passed them through the urine...

GRAPEAPE
06-02-2006, 06:07 PM
ROman, I passed one at home like 3 years ago. I lived in an apartment on the top floor the lady downstairs called the police cause I was yelling so much. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I think I pased out at some point not real sure. I just knelt down in front of the toilet holfing my junk and swearing LOUD. OUCH, sorry to hear about the pain Bro. I stopped drinking my daily 6-pack of Mt.Dew and haven't had one since.

Roman529
06-02-2006, 06:15 PM
ROman, I passed one at home like 3 years ago. I lived in an apartment on the top floor the lady downstairs called the police cause I was yelling so much. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I think I pased out at some point not real sure. I just knelt down in front of the toilet holfing my junk and swearing LOUD. OUCH, sorry to hear about the pain Bro. I stopped drinking my daily 6-pack of Mt.Dew and haven't had one since.

That sounds like the first one I had about ten years ago. I was rolling around on the bathroom floor at around 3 am and I thought I was dying or having a heart attack...my girlfriend drove me to the emergency room where I got some morphine. I love Mtn Dew.....maybe I will have to start chugging that?

Roman529
06-02-2006, 06:28 PM
2 things...

1) when they pass, what happens to your bladder/urine to make it so painful?

2) I LOVE Mountain Dew, please tell me there is no problem with the Dew :(

Nothing really happens to your bladder. Your urine just kind of turns a reddish color when you get a kidney stone. The pain is caused by the stone moving...it is like your insides are being ripped. Moutain Dew won't cause you to get stones....the stones are formed when from your urine becoming crystalized.

GRAPEAPE
06-02-2006, 06:28 PM
That sounds like the first one I had about ten years ago. I was rolling around on the bathroom floor at around 3 am and I thought I was dying or having a heart attack...my girlfriend drove me to the emergency room where I got some morphine. I love Mtn Dew.....maybe I will have to start chugging that? I quit drinking the dew:lol:

Roman529
06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
[/b]I quit drinking the dew:lol:

Ohhh I am sorry...I thought you drank Mtn Dew to get rid of them. :eek:

like2god
06-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone:

Have any of you guys ever had any kidney stones? I seem to get one about every year or two. I went and got x-rayed and I have a 3 millimeter sized stone by my right kidney. It makes you feel like someone is stabbing you in the ribs and back. I have been taking percocet to deal with the pain. The doc said the kidney stone was too high up in my kidney to blast with ultrasound waves. I am pretty miserable. The doc just said drink water and take painkillers. Anyone else ever have kidney stones and do you know any way to get rid of them? :(

Roman, I hope everything works out for you and I hope you get better soon. I've never had them, but my brother in law has. He said it was the worst pain he has ever felt and wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Follow the doctors orders, they know what they are doing. My prayers are with you bro.