PDA

View Full Version : UFO Conspiracy Theories.....

AirFishOne
06-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I just got done wathing an interesting show about UFO Conspiracy Theories, and it made me wonder what everyone thought on the subject. I dont believe in this sort of thing, but theres a lil in me that wont rule out the possibility.

Some of the stuff discussed were how Extra-Terristreal (sp?) came to earth during the primiative era and brought technology to man kind, like electricity and gas powerd machines....to us now this technology is of course nothing special but to a 4000 B.C cave man it must of been a sight to see

Another subject was did the aliens build most of man's greatest wonders of the world such as the Pyramids, Sphinx, and Stone Henge. A scientist made a very interesting theory called "The Global Earth Power Grid" It is a sort of energy grid spanning across the globe where the suns energy is stored, and the Pyramids and Stone Henge happen to be on some very high powerd sights, it may have been used to power machines of some sort

The finale which i highly disagree with is, because im Christian, is that Aliens may have came to earth during the evolution age while humans may have still been in the lower stages of eveolution, the Aliens then played with our DNA to create us, making them "God"

I dont belive it at all, but I think it makes for an interesting discussion, post some thought or other wierd theories.

Slappy8800
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
UFO's are around throughout history including the Bible,in the pyramids, etc....they DO exist..the truth is out there

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 09:16 PM
a spaceship flying to earth is physically impossible. do i believe in aliens? yes. Do i believe in round objects containing them that have been to the earth. not one bit.

Daunte'sInferno
06-03-2006, 09:18 PM
ALiens came to earth for the Mushrooms...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lazareth
06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
a spaceship flying to earth is physically impossible. do i believe in aliens? yes. Do i believe in round objects containing them that have been to the earth. not one bit. im curious about your reasons for saying it is physically impossible

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
im curious about your reasons for saying it is physically impossible

science. a physical object cannot travel the speed of light.

someone posted a great video in the politcal forum about this a while back. he actually believed we have been visited by aliens, but also said it was a fact that its physically impossible for a physical object to do it.

Slappy8800
06-03-2006, 09:38 PM

someone posted a great video in the politcal forum about this a while back. he actually believed we have been visited by aliens, but also said it was a fact that its physically impossible for a physical object to do it.

we also used to not be able to fly, go to space, dive deep into the water.

MARINO1384
06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I just got done wathing an interesting show about UFO Conspiracy Theories, and it made me wonder what everyone thought on the subject. I dont believe in this sort of thing, but theres a lil in me that wont rule out the possibility.

Some of the stuff discussed were how Extra-Terristreal (sp?) came to earth during the primiative era and brought technology to man kind, like electricity and gas powerd machines....to us now this technology is of course nothing special but to a 4000 B.C cave man it must of been a sight to see

Another subject was did the aliens build most of man's greatest wonders of the world such as the Pyramids, Sphinx, and Stone Henge. A scientist made a very interesting theory called "The Global Earth Power Grid" It is a sort of energy grid spanning across the globe where the suns energy is stored, and the Pyramids and Stone Henge happen to be on some very high powerd sights, it may have been used to power machines of some sort

The finale which i highly disagree with is, because im Christian, is that Aliens may have came to earth during the evolution age while humans may have still been in the lower stages of eveolution, the Aliens then played with our DNA to create us, making them "God"

I dont belive it at all, but I think it makes for an interesting discussion, post some thought or other wierd theories.

I believe in UFO's and "aliens" but i agree with the disagreeing on them making us. It's an interesting theory i suppose but don't believe one bit.

MARINO1384
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM

Impossible by our standards maybe? But not impossible for something of a highier intelligence.

AirFishOne
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I suppose most of my speculation occurs from wathcing hours of the X-Files, man I love that show!!! :tongue:

Roman529
06-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Not only are UFO's real but there were some aliens found at a crash site in Roswell, New Mexico in the late 1940's. They have a really cool UFO Museum you should check out there as well.

MARINO1384
06-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Not only are UFO's real but there were some aliens found at a crash site in Roswell, New Mexico in the late 1940's. They have a really cool UFO Museum you should check out there as well.

Didn't you hear they were "air ballons":lol: Yeah if that's not the worst lie ever then i give up.

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Didn't you hear they were "air ballons":lol: Yeah if that's not the worst lie ever then i give up.

um actually, it was a military craft. its been admitted by the government and proven since. they claimed weather balloons because it was a top secret operation for spy, and could not release this info.

WeVie
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I think we would be very selfish to think that we are the only ones "out there" but I find it very hard to believe that they have come to earth. It would seem impossible to travel that far that fast but you never know do you? I would like to see one would'nt you?

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:42 PM
we also used to not be able to fly, go to space, dive deep into the water.

not being able to at the time, and scientificly proven to not be able to is 2 totally different things

TJamesW_phinfan
06-03-2006, 10:42 PM

Mankinds understanding of physics, time, space, and acceleration is by no means absolute or complete. The speed of light may not even be necessary to travel the distances required if the traveler learned how to fold space. They also may not be from another solar system but instead from another dimension.

How would people from a few hundred years ago respond if someone from our time went back and told them about the lunar landing, the atomic bomb, microwave ovens, television, etc.

Slappy8800
06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
not being able to at the time, and scientificly proven to not be able to is 2 totally different things

science hasnt found a cure for cancer, is that to say there isnt one?

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:44 PM
science hasnt found a cure for cancer, is that to say there isnt one?

does science say there will never be one and will forever be impossible?

Slappy8800
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
does science say we will never be able to travel the cosmos?

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:47 PM
does science say we will never be able to travel the cosmos?

:confused2

does it?

Slappy8800
06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Science has been wrong before. A little over 50 years ago, for example, conventional engineering wisdom held that controlled flight past the speed of sound was physically impossible. Back then more than a few respected thinkers agreed that sonic shock waves would cause airplanes to lose control or to break up into tiny pieces. Those fears gained credence when the first few pilots who attempted supersonic travel died trying. But in 1947, the team behind famed aviator Chuck Yeager finally figured out how to take the necessary precautions that led to the first successful hypersonic flight. Not only was it possible, Yeager later wrote, but the ride was so smooth "Grandma could be up there sipping lemonade."

never say never

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM
never say never

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/youmad9sr-1.jpg

TJamesW_phinfan
06-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Science used to know that our universe was a certain age and expanding at a certain rate due to their calculations and scientific "facts" untill they discovered the red shift and found their previous calculations to be wrong.

Technology has changed more in the last 100 years than in the entire remaining history of mankind. At least the history we know of. :wink: Who knows what the next 100 years will bring if we don't blow ourselves up. :)

Nappy Roots
06-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Science used to know that our universe was a certain age and expanding at a certain rate due to their calculations and scientific "facts" untill they discovered the red shift and found their previous calculations to be wrong.

Technology has changed more in the last 100 years than in the entire remaining history of mankind. At least the history we know of. :wink: Who knows what the next 100 years will bring if we don't blow ourselves up. :)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/06/11gli8i9zi-1.jpg

WeVie
06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I wish an alien would come to my house. I bet he would be good at Madden don't you?

TJamesW_phinfan
06-03-2006, 11:08 PM
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3829/11gli8i9zi.jpg

:lol:

Yes but with a few more treatments they say I will stop talking to the walls.

:hal:

Mike13
06-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't believe all this UFO craploa. Why you ask? Because if there are aliens out there they are not what we think they are. No UFOs, no plots to kill us all and take this planet for themselves. I think that they would be simpler creatures, like animals, plants and microbes. IMO we would find them before they find us and thats a looooooooooooooooooong way off.

WeVie
06-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't believe all this UFO craploa. Why you ask? Because if there are aliens out there they are not what we think they are. No UFOs, no plots to kill us all and take this planet for themselves. I think that they would be simpler creatures, like animals, plants and microbes. IMO we would find them before they find us and thats a looooooooooooooooooong way off.

What makes you think we are the most advanced? If you think about it we are not really not that advanced at all. We have made great leaps in the last 100 years but think about what the 1800's where like. They would have never thought we can do things we are doing today. There may be another solar system that has a planet on it with life on it that is four or five or even ten or twenty time older than ours that is way more advanced than we are now. Just think of what we will be doing in 1000 years if we don't blow ourselves up or kill the planet somehow. Who knows what is possible and impossible. 200 years ago no one would say we could go to the moon but we did.

Slappy8800
06-04-2006, 01:03 AM
i think Pats has seen 1 too many sci fi movies...who says UFO's are trying to take over or kill us?

Coral Reefer
06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Mankinds understanding of physics, time, space, and acceleration is by no means absolute or complete. The speed of light may not even be necessary to travel the distances required if the traveler learned how to fold space. They also may not be from another solar system but instead from another dimension.

How would people from a few hundred years ago respond if someone from our time went back and told them about the lunar landing, the atomic bomb, microwave ovens, television, etc.

Nice post!

It's funny how some think what we've learned SO FAR is the end all of possibilities. Generally those people have little knowledge of science at all because those that do will admit we've just begun to understand the many aspects of science and what we or others may be able to or have achieved.

Limited thinking.

The ability for space travel has neither been proven nor disproven. Many scientists have given pro and con theories/opinions based on our current knowledge.

TotoreMexico
06-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Could be like the end of MIB, our galaxy could be like a little marble that the aliens use for playing, if you think about it, the possibilities are immense!

Miami 13
06-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Do Aliens exist? YES
Is there video proof of UFO's? YES

Majpain
06-04-2006, 01:54 AM
UFO's are around throughout history including the Bible,in the pyramids, etc....they DO exist..the truth is out there

Evidence of this?

Miami where is this video proof?

Coral Reefer
06-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Evidence of this?

Miami where is this video proof?

You're opening a can of worms with that one. :lol:

There are lots of questionable videos which some people believe to be possible proof. I've never heard of any video that has been agreed upon by a vast majority to be legitimate "proof".

Miami 13
06-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Well I would say the best video I have ever seen would probably be The Phoenix Lights. It's also probably the most famous UFO video ever. I have seen other videos that look Very convincing but the Phoenix Lights IMO is the best.

A video of it can be found here...http://www.thephoenixlights.net/
Here are some other short videos of the lights...http://youtube.com/results?search=Phoenix+Lights&search_type=search_videos

Majpain
06-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Ah yes the pheniox lights.I remember watching 2 hour special on UFO's on fox 5-6 years ago.They showed that.

I agree the lights is the best evidence but its also the easiest to dismiss.

AirFishOne
06-04-2006, 02:42 AM
as much as I hear about UFO's in our history one must think.....

why would they come to earth during that era of time so many times (to Meso-America for the Incas, Mayans, and Aztecs, or to the tribes of Africa or Mesopotamia) and suddenly not come in contact with us anymore...? why arent we gettin new space age technology every day

lazareth
06-04-2006, 03:37 AM
i believe in flying saucers because...well...because Leonard Nemoy told me on an episode of In Search Of

HelenaBucket
06-04-2006, 07:07 AM
As for UFO's, specifically the Roswell incident, is it purely coincidental that many scientific and technological advancements took a huge leap forward in the years that followed Roswell? How can anyone say with certainty that those technological advancements were not based on information garnered by the government based on the findings at Roswell? While I won't say I absolutely believe, I won't say I DON'T believe either.

cnc66
06-04-2006, 07:11 AM
someone smarter than me made the comment once about how it was very likely the universe is full of civilizations but we live so far apart we will never meet.

Bruzer
06-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Way I see it you would have to be ignorant to think we are the only intelligent species in this universe. Also who says they have not been around far longer than we have thus much more knowledge. As for UFO's hard to tell like a show I watched said there was not alot of recorded ufo sightings till the atomic bomb went off sending massive amounts of energy like one guy quoted they could have detected them and said "Who gave the match to the kids" (metaphorically speaking). Also if you look at many ancient paintings etc.. You can see a flying saucer in the background and people pointing up at it.

We have become far more advance I would think what they are doing is studying us. Its not much different then us cutting frogs open as bad is it to say they want to know what makes us click. I also do not think they are out to destroy us because if they where we would already be gone.

Do I think there is a military coverup definately kinda like Men In Black movie said a person is intelligent, well minded but when put in a ground thier a mass group of panic. I don't think alot of people would like the fact that something else far more advanced is out there. So they keep it quite.

Like posted before just because we do not know how to travel universes does not mean it is not possible.

J Fitz
06-04-2006, 08:06 AM
One day about 20 years ago my grandfather mother and grandmother were all sitting in a car and my grandfather said that he looked up and seen a UFO right above the power lines and then all of a sudden it was gone, he looked at my grandmother and mom and said did you just see that and they both said they did.

He told me that he never told anyone it because he didnt think anyone would believe him. but they did all tell me it was the truth and they all told me the exact spot it happened so i believe it.

MARINO1384
06-04-2006, 09:24 AM

How is it possible that we are the smartest creature. If we are the smartest creatures then what would other planets with life be like? We don't have a cure for the common cold!! We continue to fit in wars and use violence to settle our problems. Ever think that "aliens" from another planet have gone through what humans are going through now and maybe have come to warn us since they are of a higher intelligence? As for them trying to kill us....i don't think so. Why would they want this planets when there are 1,000's of other planets and moons that they could just take without any problems since they don't have any life, as far as we know.

TJamesW_phinfan
06-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Like Bruzer mentioned we could just be under their microscope so to speak. Kind of like some of the nature shows where they use camouflaged huts to observe without being seen.

It could also be (WARNING GEEK ALERT) something like Star Trek in that they do not interfere with less advanced civilizations. Or simply don't trust us not to attack them and do them or ourselves harm in the process. Kind of like the adults in A Christmas Story telling the kid he shouldn't have the BB gun. "You'll shoot your eye out kid." :) Five minutes of one our news channels, is all they need to see how aggressive our species is.

They could also be unmanned probes collecting data like our probes we have sent out in our own solar system. An unmanned craft would have less restrictions for space travel not having to provide for living passengers.

miamikid92
06-04-2006, 01:34 PM
i like these alien threads

Mike13
06-04-2006, 01:35 PM
i think Pats has seen 1 too many sci fi movies...who says UFO's are trying to take over or kill us?

I dont watch alot of sci fi movies, it just seems that way when they are advertised.
I don't get why they would want to observe us don't they have anything better to do, like watch a Dolphins game.:D

miamikid92
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
wouldnt we see them observing us?

AirFishOne
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
wouldnt we see them observing us?

OMG HAVENT U SEEN WAR OF THE WORLDS?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

:tongue: :tongue:

like2god
06-14-2006, 08:45 AM
a spaceship flying to earth is physically impossible. do i believe in aliens? yes. Do i believe in round objects containing them that have been to the earth. not one bit.

First of all, do I believe there is life on other planets? Yes absolutely. There are over a hundred billion trillion stars in our universe and the odds are very good that there is some form of life out there. Scientist and astronomer Frank Drake came up with an equation to help figure out how many such life forms were present throughout the universe.

N= N*fp ne f1 fi fc fL

N represents the number of stars in the milky way galaxy. Current estimates are 100 billion.

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them. Current estimates range from 20% to 50%. Lets go with 20% just to be conservative.

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life. For every star that does have a planetary system, how many planets can sustain life? Current estimates are 1-5. Lets go with 1.

f1 is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves. On planets that are capable of sustaining life, what is the percentage that life will actually evolve. Current estimates range from 100% to 0%. My personal feeling is that anywhere life can evolve, life will evolve. One needs only to look at the thermal vents located at the bottom of the worlds oceans. Light and natural life supporting structures are nonexistant and lifeforms have evolved by living off of the sulfur that pours out of these vents. The cave in isreal that was recently discovered is another great example. So lets go with 50%, again just to be conservative.

fi is the fraction of f1 where intelligent life evolves. What percentage of life is intelligent lifeforms? Again estimates are 100% to 0%. Intelligence is a survival advantage and will surely evolve. Lets go with 20%.

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate. What percentage of species have the means and desire to communicate? Estimates are 10% to 20%, we'll go with 10%.

fL is the fraction of the planets life during which the communicating civilization lives. This is the toughest of all the questions. If we use Earth as an example our sun and earth are roughly 10 billion years old. So far we have been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves tomorrow in a nuclear holocaust or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th. We will go with 10,000 years.

When we multiply all of these variables together we come up with N, the number of communicating civilizations in our very own galaxy.

N= 200 communicating civilizations. Now multiply that by one hundred billion (the estimated number of galaxies in the universe) and you have a very good chance that intelligent civilizations like ours or even more technologically advanced exist.

Now on to the question of whether or not you could make the trip between stars. http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/einsteinlight/jw/module4_twin_paradox.htm

The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. The faster you travel towards the speed of light, time slows down. The twin paradox is one that can be confusing but is supported by Einstein theory of relativity. Wikipedia explains it like this,

The twin paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox), sometimes called the "clock paradox", stems from Paul Langevin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Langevin)'s 1911 thought experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_experiment) in special relativity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity): one of two twin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin) brothers undertakes a long space journey with a high-speed rocket (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket) at almost the speed of light (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light), while the other twin remains on Earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth). When the traveler returns to Earth, he is younger than the twin who stayed put. Or, as first stated by Albert Einstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein) (1911 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1911)):
If we placed a living organism in a box ... one could arrange that the organism, after any arbitrary lengthy flight, could be returned to its original spot in a scarcely altered condition, while corresponding organisms which had remained in their original positions had already long since given way to new generations. For the moving organism the lengthy time of the journey was a mere instant, provided the motion took place with approximately the speed of light

To simplify it a little, if a twin gets on a spacecraft and travels at the speed of light for 2 years his time, when he returns to earth he will find out that his twin has long since died of old age, while he has only aged 2 years.

Whether or not one can travel faster than the speed of light is another discussion in and of itself. But the theory says that if you can acheive great speeds, time will slow down for the traveler. For us, the thought of reaching those speeds is unthinkable with our current technology. But for a civilization that is 100 years more advanced or even 1000 years more advanced than we are, it may not be such a stretch of the imagination. Consider how far we have come in a relatively short period of time. We may not even be able to conceive what type of technology a civilization with a headstart on us would have. If time slows down the faster you travel, a trip of 5 light years that would take us 1000 years to make, may be a short 20 minute or 20 month ride for an advanced civilization.

Now do I believe we have been visited? Maybe. I think a lot of what people see in the sky can be explained away as comets, satelites, space junk, experimental aircraft and temperature diversion anomalies. But there have been many credible sightings by some very credible people. President Jimmy Carter had a UFO sighting and President Clinton was a believer as well. http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/10/22/ufo.records/index.html

Doctor J Allen Hynek, a professor of astronomy who was hired by the government to explain away UFO's for project sign and bluebook, admitted that the government covered up very credible cases of UFO sightings. He believed so strongly that there was a UFO presence that he started his own center for UFO studies.

http://www.cufon.org/cufon/hynekint.htm

I also saw something in the sky back in 1999 and couldn't explain what I saw. I have been very interested in astronomy and can identify a satelite in the sky and can tell the difference between a shooting star and what I saw. It was a small bright light that was doing what I describe as the sign of the cross. It was moving in an up down left right motion and did so for about half an hour. Then a light flashed down from the bottom of it, kind of like if you held a rubberband in your hand and stretched it with your right hand and then returned it to its original state with your left hand. It didn't act like a normal light. Then it slowly moved off over the horizon and faded away. Whether it was a real UFO, I don't know. I just can't explain it.

Think about how much time each of you spends during an average day looking up at the sky trying to find UFO's. It probably isn't very long. That seems to be the problem, not enough of us are looking up. UFO's have been around for a long time. There are cave drawings that seem to show a man in a space suit inside of a flying craft. UFO's have popped up in religious art and on coins. There have been reports of flying craft in the 1800's before we even acheived flight.
http://www.marsearthconnection.com/ancientart.html

So do I think that UFO's are real? I think there is a very good chance that we are not alone. That doesn't mean that little green men are abducting us and doing experiments, although that is exactly what we do when we find an unknown tribe or an animal that we thought was extinct or didn't know exsisted. We go in and study them from afar and then we study them up close, sometimes taking a sample back to our labs to study. But I really do believe that there is life out there that has visited us in the past and will continue to do so in the future.

Bruzer
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Exactly the art is what makes you wonder because that was before flight and before movies, before all these reports. Way I see it I beleive they now some reported ufos are nothing but planes or natural but not all can be explained. There is a huge government cover up becuase people would panic knowing a species or creature can visit us from afar when we haven't even been to mars. There would be a panic and they are right about that.

lazareth
06-14-2006, 09:46 AM
First of all, do I believe there is life on other planets? Yes absolutely. There are over a hundred billion trillion stars in our universe and the odds are very good that there is some form of life out there. Scientist and astronomer Frank Drake came up with an equation to help figure out how many such life forms were present throughout the universe.

N= N*fp ne f1 fi fc fL

N represents the number of stars in the milky way galaxy. Current estimates are 100 billion.

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them. Current estimates range from 20% to 50%. Lets go with 20% just to be conservative.

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life. For every star that does have a planetary system, how many planets can sustain life? Current estimates are 1-5. Lets go with 1.

f1 is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves. On planets that are capable of sustaining life, what is the percentage that life will actually evolve. Current estimates range from 100% to 0%. My personal feeling is that anywhere life can evolve, life will evolve. One needs only to look at the thermal vents located at the bottom of the worlds oceans. Light and natural life supporting structures are nonexistant and lifeforms have evolved by living off of the sulfur that pours out of these vents. The cave in isreal that was recently discovered is another great example. So lets go with 50%, again just to be conservative.

fi is the fraction of f1 where intelligent life evolves. What percentage of life is intelligent lifeforms? Again estimates are 100% to 0%. Intelligence is a survival advantage and will surely evolve. Lets go with 20%.

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate. What percentage of species have the means and desire to communicate? Estimates are 10% to 20%, we'll go with 10%.

fL is the fraction of the planets life during which the communicating civilization lives. This is the toughest of all the questions. If we use Earth as an example our sun and earth are roughly 10 billion years old. So far we have been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves tomorrow in a nuclear holocaust or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th. We will go with 10,000 years.

When we multiply all of these variables together we come up with N, the number of communicating civilizations in our very own galaxy.

N= 200 communicating civilizations. Now multiply that by one hundred billion (the estimated number of galaxies in the universe) and you have a very good chance that intelligent civilizations like ours or even more technologically advanced exist.

Now on to the question of whether or not you could make the trip between stars. http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/einsteinlight/jw/module4_twin_paradox.htm

The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second. The faster you travel towards the speed of light, time slows down. The twin paradox is one that can be confusing but is supported by Einstein theory of relativity. Wikipedia explains it like this,

The twin paradox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox), sometimes called the "clock paradox", stems from Paul Langevin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Langevin)'s 1911 thought experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_experiment) in special relativity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity): one of two twin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin) brothers undertakes a long space journey with a high-speed rocket (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket) at almost the speed of light (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light), while the other twin remains on Earth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth). When the traveler returns to Earth, he is younger than the twin who stayed put. Or, as first stated by Albert Einstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein) (1911 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1911)):
If we placed a living organism in a box ... one could arrange that the organism, after any arbitrary lengthy flight, could be returned to its original spot in a scarcely altered condition, while corresponding organisms which had remained in their original positions had already long since given way to new generations. For the moving organism the lengthy time of the journey was a mere instant, provided the motion took place with approximately the speed of light

To simplify it a little, if a twin gets on a spacecraft and travels at the speed of light for 2 years his time, when he returns to earth he will find out that his twin has long since died of old age, while he has only aged 2 years.

Whether or not one can travel faster than the speed of light is another discussion in and of itself. But the theory says that if you can acheive great speeds, time will slow down for the traveler. For us, the thought of reaching those speeds is unthinkable with our current technology. But for a civilization that is 100 years more advanced or even 1000 years more advanced than we are, it may not be such a stretch of the imagination. Consider how far we have come in a relatively short period of time. We may not even be able to conceive what type of technology a civilization with a headstart on us would have. If time slows down the faster you travel, a trip of 5 light years that would take us 1000 years to make, may be a short 20 minute or 20 month ride for an advanced civilization.

Now do I believe we have been visited? Maybe. I think a lot of what people see in the sky can be explained away as comets, satelites, space junk, experimental aircraft and temperature diversion anomalies. But there have been many credible sightings by some very credible people. President Jimmy Carter had a UFO sighting and President Clinton was a believer as well. http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/10/22/ufo.records/index.html

Doctor J Allen Hynek, a professor of astronomy who was hired by the government to explain away UFO's for project sign and bluebook, admitted that the government covered up very credible cases of UFO sightings. He believed so strongly that there was a UFO presence that he started his own center for UFO studies.

http://www.cufon.org/cufon/hynekint.htm

I also saw something in the sky back in 1999 and couldn't explain what I saw. I have been very interested in astronomy and can identify a satelite in the sky and can tell the difference between a shooting star and what I saw. It was a small bright light that was doing what I describe as the sign of the cross. It was moving in an up down left right motion and did so for about half an hour. Then a light flashed down from the bottom of it, kind of like if you held a rubberband in your hand and stretched it with your right hand and then returned it to its original state with your left hand. It didn't act like a normal light. Then it slowly moved off over the horizon and faded away. Whether it was a real UFO, I don't know. I just can't explain it.

Think about how much time each of you spends during an average day looking up at the sky trying to find UFO's. It probably isn't very long. That seems to be the problem, not enough of us are looking up. UFO's have been around for a long time. There are cave drawings that seem to show a man in a space suit inside of a flying craft. UFO's have popped up in religious art and on coins. There have been reports of flying craft in the 1800's before we even acheived flight.
http://www.marsearthconnection.com/ancientart.html

So do I think that UFO's are real? I think there is a very good chance that we are not alone. That doesn't mean that little green men are abducting us and doing experiments, although that is exactly what we do when we find an unknown tribe or an animal that we thought was extinct or didn't know exsisted. We go in and study them from afar and then we study them up close, sometimes taking a sample back to our labs to study. But I really do believe that there is life out there that has visited us in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
:clap: damn nice post bro :hi5:

like2god
06-14-2006, 10:28 PM
:clap: damn nice post bro :hi5:

Thanx :wink: