PDA

View Full Version : Florida/ Georgia colleges

earl the pearl
06-03-2006, 11:45 PM
i'm a junior/ rising senior in high school and next year begins the awesome College Search. I want to go to college either in florida or georgia and i want to major in either communications or business. I want to go to a place that has club lacrosse. So far my options are FSU, UF, UGA, and Auburn, but i plan on looking everywehre. Of those, do any of you go to one/ do you have any opinions on the schools? Would you recommend one over any of hte others? Any help would be awesome.

Rocky Raccoon
06-03-2006, 11:48 PM
well since I'm a fan of theirs I'd have to go with UF...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:wink:

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 11:59 PM
You are aware that Auburn is in Alabama, right? I wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

If you're okay with Alabama, I'd suggest the big state school in Tuscaloosa. You may want to look into Georgia Tech, too.

earl the pearl
06-04-2006, 12:03 AM
You are aware that Auburn is in Alabama, right? I wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

If you're okay with Alabama, I'd suggest the big state school in Tuscaloosa. You may want to look into Georgia Tech, too.

whooaaahhh seriously?! yea, i'm cool with pretty much anywhere it's warm a majority of the year.

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 12:09 AM
I think the next thing to consider is how big a school you want to go to. Are you going to be cool going somewhere with 20,000+ students? That wasn't my thing. There are a lot of smaller colleges (like Georgia's Georgia College & State University in sleepy Milledgeville) that may appeal more to you.

earl the pearl
06-04-2006, 12:13 AM
I think the next thing to consider is how big a school you want to go to. Are you going to be cool going somewhere with 20,000+ students? That wasn't my thing. There are a lot of smaller colleges (like Georgia's Georgia College & State University in sleepy Milledgeville) that may appeal more to you.

i'd prob prefer a larger school like a UF or UGA, but if i really liked a smaller school i wouldn't have a problem going there

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 12:20 AM
i'd prob prefer a larger school like a UF or UGA, but if i really liked a smaller school i wouldn't have a problem going there

If you want the big school experience, you should go for it. My wife went to VPI (known to most non-Virginians as Virginia Tech). There are definite downsides. When you have a class across campus and the campus is gigantic, it makes it really easy to skip the class. You're going to pretty much just be a number to everyone from the administrators to your professors. Heck, you might not even meet a full professor until your junior year. There are also a lot of advantages, though. It's like an endless stream of girls. You have the sports to get geared up for. You have that big school name on your degree.

I'd say you should put your numbers together and make sure you visit your finalists when school is in session. Try to find yourself something a little smaller than the big state school (like Auburn for example) to compare things. Consider whether you'd like to be in the city like you'd be at a Georgia Tech or whether you want to be in the middle of pretty much nowhere in a college town like you will be in Tuscaloosa or Athens.

HysterikiLL
06-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Personally I like the bigger school atmospheres. It's great to be a part of the larger environment, but that's certainly a personal preference and I don't know what you want.

My opinion would be to do some research, write a list of prospectus schools and then collect website info, brochures, information packs etc...as much as you can from all prospectus schools. Go over all that stuff and weigh up everything. Probably won't be an easy decision, but thorough research proves the best results.

HysterikiLL
06-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Also, just my opinion, but I love the Auburn atmosphere. I was never a student there but I love the location, the green streets, the football pride, I've met some great people from down there. I think it's a great place.

Get Up And Go
06-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Good luck on your search. Go where you will be most happy.

Dors156
06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
yea guys i have a question for any of you guys that have gone to uf.what kind of grades do you need to get into UF?thats one of the top colleges that i want to go for academically if i decide not to go to college for lacrosse.

Roman529
06-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Go to the U. of Colorado...the funnest four/five? years of your life. :lol:

True Fins Fan
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I am an upcoming senior that plays lacrosse also and I'm in the same situation except that I'm staying in Florida. Im thinking UF.What school do you guys play for any ways?

Dors156
06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
I am an upcoming senior that plays lacrosse also and I'm in the same situation except that I'm staying in Florida. Im thinking UF.What school do you guys play for any ways?

what position do you play

GreenMachine
06-04-2006, 09:39 PM
UCF

earl the pearl
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
i play for Langley high school....it's in Northern Virginia.