PDA

View Full Version : Capriati requests 'Bombs Over Baghdad' for warmups

Muck
03-26-2003, 08:13 PM
:tongue: :D :patriot: :lol: I love it!!! She hasn't been infected with the "Holly wood" Virus.

Associated Press

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- At Jennifer Capriati's request, the 1999 Outkast song "Bombs Over Baghdad'' was played on the stadium public-address system before her most recent match at the Nasdaq-100 Open.

"I like the song, and I wanted to support the troops,'' Capriati said Tuesday through a WTA Tour spokesman.

Stadium court producer Bob Ruf said he previewed the rap song and was reluctant to play it. Ruf then listened to the song with a tour official, and they found a one-minute segment that they decided wouldn't offend anyone.

The chorus to the song goes: "Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang, bombs over Baghdad. ... Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something, bombs over Baghdad.''

A Nasdaq official said the tournament received no complaints about the song. Capriati beat fellow American Sarah Taylor in the match Monday, 6-1, 6-0.

Andy Roddick requested the Bruce Springsteen hit "Born in the USA'' for one of his matches earlier in the tournament

iceblizzard69
03-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I've been listening to "Bombs Over Baghdad" a lot more lately. Outkast is awesome. :cool:

Fresh
03-26-2003, 09:15 PM
"Bombs Over Baghdad"

Aye man, that song by Outcast was tight.. ;)

inFINSible
03-26-2003, 09:53 PM
anybody got a link where i can hear that song......I heard part of it a month ago....the "Bombs over baghdad" part......and I haven't been able to get it out of my head....I want to hear the rest of it...:D

Muck
03-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Grab it off Kazaa or something. You ain't gonna find a link these days. :)