PDA

View Full Version : The 4400

ILPhinFan88
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Anybody else watch this series? The new season starts next sunday, link below to the offical site.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

ponchovilla
06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Watched the first season. Missed the second, but am watching the marathon today to catch up. Can't believe I stopped watching.

ILPhinFan88
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Watched the first season. Missed the second, but am watching the marathon today to catch up. Can't believe I stopped watching.

Thats what got me to post this, been checking in every once in awhile. The second season was really good.

ponchovilla
06-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Had to send the wife into the other room so I could catch up. She was doing laundry, so I said, "Bring me anything you need folded." Got to watch and to housework. Have the later episodes set to record on DVR.

Celtkin
06-04-2006, 08:11 PM
The premise of the show is very good. I watched most of the first season but the series starting to drag out and I lost interest. I was almost as if the writers had lost their train of thought or ran out of ideas.

Bruzer
06-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Yea seen both seasons cant wait for the new one. Been watching marathon all day.

dolfan72734me
06-04-2006, 09:48 PM
And here I am thinking that this is a NEW series. Damn, i really need to keep more up to date.:nono:

DrAstroZoom
06-05-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm a big fan. USA did a really good job recapping the first two seasons in the one-hour "Unlocking the Secrets of The 4400." If they rerun it, try to see it if you're wanting to catch up.

ILPhinFan88
06-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Combs Figures More In 4400

Ira Steven Behr—executive producer of USA's SF series The 4400, which begins its third season this week—told SCI FI Wire that guest star Jeffrey Combs will appear in seven of the upcoming season's 13 episodes, reprising the role of twitchy scientist Kevin Burkhoff.

"It's Kevin's experiment that he's been conducting on himself, trying to see if he could be the first non-4400 to develop 4400 capability," Behr said. " is reaching its climax, and he is in a great deal of trouble. A lot of people are looking for him, and he is ... on the run with Tess, who is [played by former Firefly star] Summer Glau, who we met last year as well. So the two of them are off together, and there's a connection with Diana [Jacqueline McKenzie] and Kevin that we play throughout his episodes that's kind of nice." The 4400 returns at 9 p.m. ET/PT on June 11 with a two-hour season premiere. USA is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM. —[I]Patrick Lee, News Editor (scifiwire@scifi.com)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=36424

DrAstroZoom
06-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Combs Figures More In 4400

Ira Steven Behr—executive producer of USA's SF series The 4400, which begins its third season this week—told SCI FI Wire that guest star Jeffrey Combs will appear in seven of the upcoming season's 13 episodes, reprising the role of twitchy scientist Kevin Burkhoff.

"It's Kevin's experiment that he's been conducting on himself, trying to see if he could be the first non-4400 to develop 4400 capability," Behr said. " is reaching its climax, and he is in a great deal of trouble. A lot of people are looking for him, and he is ... on the run with Tess, who is [played by former Firefly star] Summer Glau, who we met last year as well. So the two of them are off together, and there's a connection with Diana [Jacqueline McKenzie] and Kevin that we play throughout his episodes that's kind of nice." The 4400 returns at 9 p.m. ET/PT on June 11 with a two-hour season premiere. USA is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM. —[I]Patrick Lee, News Editor (scifiwire@scifi.com)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=36424

:hump: Summer Glau

ILPhinFan88
06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
The marathon & recap is on again tonight if anyone was interested.

ILPhinFan88
06-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Ira Steven Behr, executive producer of USA Network's The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that key player Billy Campbell, who played 4400 leader Jordan Collier, hasn't returned from his holiday as part of the crew of a sailing ship on an 18-month, around-the-world cruise, though the show is already in production on the ninth episode of its upcoming 13-episode third season. But Campbell will return soon to shoot the season's final episodes.

Campbell's character, the charismatic leader of a group of returned abductees with special powers, appeared to have been assassinated last season, but showed up briefly in the surprising final scenes of the season finale. But the show won't pick up the story of Collier's apparent resurrection for a while, and writers have had to write around Campbell's absence, Behr said. "You will hear about him [before that]," Behr said, adding: "You're not going to see Jordan until the 11th episode. ... There's going to be things along the way that keeps the mind wondering, ... but, no, you will not ... be seeing the living, breathing guy [until then]."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=36466

ILPhinFan88
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
4400 Gets Mythological

VANCOUVER, Canada—Scott Peters, creator and executive producer of USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that the series will focus more on the show's central mythology and its affect on the main characters, including Joel Gretsch's federal agent Tom Baldwin and his partner, Jacqueline McKenzie's Diana Skouris. "I think the idea is to try and pull away a little bit," Peters said in an interview on the show's set earlier this year. "We're still going to see new 4400 members. We're still going to have things for Tom and Diana to investigate. But I think what's also really fascinating—something untapped that we're trying to go for here—is the bigger mythology. The bigger questions of who did this. We kind of know who did this, but who specifically did this? And why did they do this? We kind of know why, but why specifically did they do this? And now that they've taken this step, what are the ramifications? And what has changed that maybe they couldn't have predicted?"

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=36505

ILPhinFan88
06-11-2006, 10:51 PM
First episode was really good. :D

Bruzer
06-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Yea I enjoyed it. Now just got to wait a week for the next :D

ILPhinFan88
07-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Just watched the last two episodes, this season is really good.Anybody else watching?

Bruzer
07-09-2006, 11:04 PM
I havent missed a episode.

ILPhinFan88
07-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I havent missed a episode.

So do you think the people who want Isabelle dead are the good guys or the bad guys?

Bruzer
07-10-2006, 06:53 AM
I think they are the good ones and the ones that want Isabelle to grow are bad ones because matthew told her she was to kill all the 4400 to stop them because matthew's group believes that they are the superior race basically. Also Isabelle is really easy to manipulate because of her lack of growing up and a good moral conscious and with her powers they would of told Tom to get her to do this and this not kill her.

But yea I don't miss a episode it's a very intriguing series I just cant wait to see Jordan Collier back because I believe the bad race is the ones that controlled Toms son to take him out so that he didn't make Isabelle good.

Next week will be good we find out who else is in on it. Supposably someone we don't expect.

DrAstroZoom
07-10-2006, 09:08 AM
This season has been balls-to-the-wall as far as plot goes. There haven't been any stand-alone episodes.

Isabelle is a total wild card here. It's all up in the air. Craziness!

ILPhinFan88
07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
This season has been balls-to-the-wall as far as plot goes. There haven't been any stand-alone episodes.

Isabelle is a total wild card here. It's all up in the air. Craziness!

Yes, this season has been great. I hope more people will check it out.

Bruzer
08-14-2006, 08:17 AM
What did you guys think of last nights episode? By far one of my favorite I love how jordan told isabelle how it is.

ILPhinFan88
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
What did you guys think of last nights episode? By far one of my favorite I love how jordan told isabelle how it is.

I'm behind, I just watched last weeks show last night. I should be able to watch last nights show tonight. This year has been really good though. :D

Bruzer
08-14-2006, 10:08 AM
You will like the episode on of thier best yet in my opinion

ILPhinFan88
08-15-2006, 04:05 PM
You will like the episode on of thier best yet in my opinion

Yeah, it was good. Previews said only two shows left.

Bruzer
08-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Yea of the season I don't think its series end. We will find out though.

ILPhinFan88
08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Yea of the season I don't think its series end. We will find out though.

Yeah, I meant season, too much stuff left to happen. :D

Bruzer
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Yea I thought same when they said that but yea I'm not looking forward to season end. This is one of my favorite shows.

ILPhinFan88
08-21-2006, 09:08 AM
One show left this season, looks like it's gonna end with a bang. :D

DrAstroZoom
08-21-2006, 09:26 AM
The show is turning into a nice little allegory on terrorism. :hmmm:

ILPhinFan88
08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
This was a really good season, too bad it had to end. Lots of ways the show could go now. :D

Bruzer
08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Yea I agree I hated that it was season ending. So many cliffhangers I cannot wait till next season. Damn series finale :D.

I mean alana gets taken, kyle and diana's sister take the promicin. Isabelle is still alive without powers. The kid that can change shape may still be alive because when it blows up you see a bird fly out so who knows if he can change to animals now. So many questions. To long of a wait.

tucker
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
so was anything even answered this season? all i saw last nite was the spanish lady getting taken away out of nowhere at the end..and i thought the bearded guy died...

Bruzer
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Alot was answered like what happened to Jordan Collier and why the 4400 were all put in seattle and not somewhere else. Also if kyle was going to be released when we found out Collier is alive. It also answered isabelle and what she was. There has been alot.

ILPhinFan88
03-08-2007, 04:16 PM
4400 Will Morph In June

Ira Steven Behr, executive producer of USA Network's The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming fourth season will feature more of Jordan Collier (Billy Campbell), resolve last season's multiple cliffhangers and take the show in a completely new direction.

"We have Jordan Collier, Billy Campbell, for an entire season for the first time ever," Behr said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco over the weekend. "He's not going off sailing [Campbell took a year and a half last season to sail around the world]. So [we have] the chance, the opportunity, to really explore that character and let that character make big moves."

The show will also bring back Kyle Baldwin (Chad Faust), Behr said. "Last year he was in a total of two episodes, and we're going to do some interesting stuff with Kyle. Kyle is going to kind of switch his father figure from his dad [Joel Gretsch's Tom Baldwin] to Jordan Collier. He's going to take the place that Shawn [Patrick Flueger] had these last couple of seasons."

More important, Behr said, "the biggest change that we're going to make is that the show up 'til now has basically been about dealing with events that were started by the future, and what we were trying to avoid was a catastrophe in the future. Now that Jordan Collier has handed out the promycin, the future has changed. Whatever that catastrophe is [has] been averted. So now we're going to start dealing with what does it mean to have a ... world where promycin is there for the taking? Where everyone could develop an ability. And very early in the season, Jordan will become aware of a prophecy dating back a bunch of years ... that seems to involve him and seems to give an explanation to why he needed to hand out the promycin. And that's going to have huge effects on the present situation."

At the end of last season, Collier had passed out the drug that gives takers a 50-50 chance of developing superhuman abilities—or dying. "We left off knowing that Kyle Baldwin had taken a shot," Behr said. "We left off knowing that April Skouris [Natasha Gregson Wagner], Diana's [Jacqueline McKenzie] sister, was at least taking the vials of promycin. We left Shawn in a coma that had been induced by Isabelle [Megalyn Echikunwoke]. We had left Isabelle without any abilities and in custody. Richard [Mahershalalhashbaz Ali] was in the wind somewhere, with the 4400 Center closed, and Jordan Collier and Kevin Burkhoff [Jeffrey Combs] and Tess [Summer Glau] were off in the woods somewhere waiting to see the results of the gift they had given to the world."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40424

Bruzer
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I can't wait for new episodes one of my favorite shows for sure.

finswin56
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
It's such a cool premise, but the writing leaves something to be desired. I'll watch it none the less.

ILPhinFan88
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
4400 Viral Videos Hit Web

Adweek (http://www.adweek.com/aw/creative/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003588612) reported that USA Network has created a wide-ranging interactive world consisting of 80 videos on six Web sites to promote its SF series The 4400 (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/index2.html), an effort that launched on May 21.

The Web sites all appear to take sides in the debate over the use of "promicin," the fictitious drug that can either imbue its users with superpowers or kill them.

The battle over the drug rages in the show as it kicks off its fourth season June 17. The promotion will run through the show's season. The videos feature some characters from the show, as well as new ones.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=41619

ILPhinFan88
05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
4400 Returns With Answers

Ira Steven Behr, executive producer of USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming fourth season will propel the story to a different level and ultimately answer the big question put forward in the very first episodes: Why exactly were people abducted in a big ball of light, only to be returned with superhuman abilities? "What most excites me about this season that we finally answer—or may answer, depending on your point of view—what it was all about, what ultimately it's all about," Behr said in an interview in Hollywood on May 30. "Most shows won't do that and then still feel they have enough credence to continue on. But, you know, I think it's a pretty cool outgrowth of what the original concept series was. And it always bugged me from the very beginning: ... Why did everyone come back? ... I wanted answers, you know?"

Before that happens, the show will rapidly pick up the threads left dangling in the third-season cliffhanger last fall, during which self-styled 4400 messiah Jordan Collier (Billy Campbell) had passed out promicin, a drug that gives takers a 50-50 chance of developing superhuman abilities—or dying. (The show's producers are pretty far along in the fourth season's production, with writers finishing up the 11th of 13 segments this season.)

"The first ... four episodes are ... shows that really talk about what it's like for people who did not get taken in a ball of light against their will and were given abilities against their will: What happens to people who actually risk death and took the shot," Behr said. The next few episodes will deal with the mythology of the series, and the character of Richard Tyler (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali) for the ninth and 10th episodes (Ali has otherwise been occupied filming a role in [I]The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.) The final three episodes of the season will kick things into "space madness," Behr said with a laugh.

The fallout from the promicin release will inform much of the season's story arcs and is the subject of several Web videos that are linked through the show's official Web site (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/index2.html).

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=41700

mor911
05-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Heroes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 4400

sorry, had to.

DrAstroZoom
05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Apples to oranges, mate.

Bruzer
05-31-2007, 12:00 PM
I agree heroes is better but that doesn't make 4400 a bad show I like both.

ILPhinFan88
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Baird Joins The 4400

Ira Steven Behr, executive producer of USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming fourth season will introduce a new regular character, played by Australian actress Jenni Baird. Baird (Conviction) will play Meghan Doyle, the new head of the National Threat Assessment Command, or NTAC, for which Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch) works.

Baird's Doyle is the third commander of the government agency charged with monitoring the 4,400 people who were abducted, then returned in a ball of light, with new superhuman abilities; the previous directors were Dennis Ryland (Peter Coyote) and Nina Jarvis (Samantha Ferris).

"They liked Peter Coyote quite a bit," Behr said in an interview in Hollywood on May 30. "I thought Peter was kind of phoning it in when he was doing the head-of-NTAC thing. It's only after he left NTAC and became Dennis Ryland, the man who's trying to save the world from the 4400, that the character became interesting. But so they always felt that Nina Jarvis was neither fish nor fowl. And that's kind of our fault, because we kept saying we were going to do all these stories, give her all these interesting character quirks, and she kept being the finger-pointer. We never were able to develop the stories we wanted to. It always was the one-note finger-pointer kind of thing. And then they said, 'You know, we really want someone with some more sizzle.'"

Enter Meghan Doyle, who makes her first appearance in the fourth-season premiere "Wrath of Graham" as a Fellini-loving, rule-breaking outsider who threatens to upset the careful order of the quasi-law-enforcement establishment of NTAC.

And it's no accident that Doyle is an attractive blonde. "I had the bright idea that Meghan, this new character, could give us a new head of NTAC and would also give us someone for Tom to ultimately get involved with, because, goddam it, we're going to make a romantic pairing on this show work if I have to go in there and do it myself," Behr said

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=41717

DrAstroZoom
06-01-2007, 09:28 AM
What a refreshingly candid interview. Can't wait!

ILPhinFan88
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
A good start to the new season

Bruzer
06-18-2007, 06:46 AM
Crap I forgot it was on damn lol. No i got to find a rerun or find a download lol.

DrAstroZoom
06-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Agreed. Good stuff.

finswin56
06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
That was a pretty cool episode.
I was a little confused at first :goof:

ILPhinFan88
06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Crap I forgot it was on damn lol. No i got to find a rerun or find a download lol.

They have it here.....

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/

Bruzer
06-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I just watched it got it downloaded anyways it was a very good episode I liked it. I can't wait for the next.

ILPhinFan88
06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Anybody see last night show? Kyle's power could end up being a cool one.

finswin56
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Anybody see last night show? Kyle's power could end up being a cool one.

Is that the guy hallucinating? :chuckle:
Another interesting episode. I could think of worse people to hallucinate about

Bruzer
06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Yea I watched some of it missed chunks though because of online schooling so I need to rewatch it but what I seen I liked.

Bruzer
07-16-2007, 07:40 AM
The new episode was good and I am sure we will see toms ability soon.

DrAstroZoom
07-16-2007, 07:00 PM
The new episode was good and I am sure we will see toms ability soon.

Ummm ... they didn't give Tom the shot -- just a sedative so they could relocate the town.

As for the episode, it kind of left me with a "meh" feeling. The plot of a whole town with abilities was rather obvious, because it's been done so much in sci-fi before. It was the first kind of disappointing episode of the season for me.

Bruzer
07-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Ummm ... they didn't give Tom the shot -- just a sedative so they could relocate the town.

As for the episode, it kind of left me with a "meh" feeling. The plot of a whole town with abilities was rather obvious, because it's been done so much in sci-fi before. It was the first kind of disappointing episode of the season for me.

oh really i missed the very end I thought it was the promicin. I like the season so far i guess no real complaints I like seeing some of the well known characters developing power.

finswin56
07-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Same here. I've really liked this season until this episode. The whole thing with Tom was a let down for me. Oh well, sometimes you need an episode like this to set up another.

LouPhinFan
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
The big question is how does the powerless Isabelle fit into all of this?

ILPhinFan88
07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
The big question is how does the powerless Isabelle fit into all of this?

How do you know that NTAC was telling the truth about her not being able to get her ability back?

DrAstroZoom
07-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I love what they've done with Jordan Collier's. It's unusual for such a prominent character to be so hard to pin down from a good/bad vantage point. I'm still wondering if Kyle's "ability" is actually someone else using their ability on him to manipulate him.

BTW ... I just keep on not liking Kyle. What a tool.

As for Isabel, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of her.

LouPhinFan
07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
How do you know that NTAC was telling the truth about her not being able to get her ability back?

That is a good point. They did perform "a" blood test right in front of her, you just can't be sure of what kind of test, or if it was doctored to make her believe she would die if she took promicin. You never know...

finswin56
07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I love what they've done with Jordan Collier's. It's unusual for such a prominent character to be so hard to pin down from a good/bad vantage point. I'm still wondering if Kyle's "ability" is actually someone else using their ability on him to manipulate him.

BTW ... I just keep on not liking Kyle. What a tool.

As for Isabel, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of her.

Don't you have to have an ability if you don't die?
I don't like his character much either.
Hopefully they bring back that cute brunette from this episode though :groucho:

ILPhinFan88
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Did you guys see this show got cancelled? :refuse:

Bruzer
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM

omg serious wtf!!11111 :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

finswin56
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM

Really?

That's a surprise to me, but I was really losing interest. I know a lot of you guys love it, but I got to the point that I didn't care if I missed an episode or two.