PDA

View Full Version : watchout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 01:34 AM
READ IMMEDIATELY AND PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Someone is sending out a very cute screensaver of the Budweiser Frogs. If you download it, you will lose everything! Your hard drive will crash
and someone from the Internet will get your screen name and password! DO
NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
It just went into circulation yesterday. Please distribute this
message.This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about
it. This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft.
Please share it with everyone that might access the Internet. Once again, Pass This Along To EVERYONE in your address book so that this
may be stopped. KINAWA has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that
there is NO remedy for it at this time.
This is VERY important. If you receive a screen saver from a friend or
anyone you may not know with the Budweiser Frogs in it, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT
OR OPEN THE FILE! Press the forward button on your email program and send this notice to EVERYONE you know. Let's keep our email safe for everyone.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dajesus
03-27-2003, 01:58 AM
MY XP downloaded 1 security upgrade today, I am curious if they figured out a way to block this, and thats what the upgrade was.

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Dajesus
MY XP downloaded 1 security upgrade today, I am curious if they figured out a way to block this, and thats what the upgrade was. i don't even know what the screen saver looks like, a fellow dolphin fan sent me the message!;)

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 03:18 AM
This has been identified as a hoax....

Clcik here for details. (http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10579)

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
This has been identified as a hoax....

Clcik here for details. (http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=10579) i don't know if it is or isn't, sugarcane sent it to me tonight!

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't know if it is or isn't, sugarcane sent it to me tonight!

It IS a hoax... actually an old one...ben flying around the internet for over two years... the link I gave confirms that...from AVERT and McAffee...the people who make a living out of virus security.....

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
It IS a hoax... actually an old one...ben flying around the internet for over two years... the link I gave confirms that...from AVERT and McAffee...the people who make a living out of virus security..... i know, i went to the link and read it, then sent it to sugar........!:rolleyes:

dolfan06
03-27-2003, 03:41 AM
i know mcAffee, i have their virus scan and firewall, bulldog!