PDA

View Full Version : A big THANKS the the Republican Guard!!

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 02:26 PM
You're so much easier to deal with when you come out into the open...

CNN:

Waves of B-52 bombers pounded a convoy of Iraqi military vehicles overnight before they could reach the lead elements of the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division in Najaf, about 60 miles south of Baghdad, CNN's Walter Rodgers reported Thursday.

Air traffic controllers with the U.S. Air Force told Rodgers, embedded with the 3rd Squadron, 7th Cavalry of the 3rd Infantry, that the bombers pounded the convoy "almost into oblivion."

Brooks said that the Iraqi force was smaller than initial intelligence reports suggested and that most of the force was destroyed.

LeftCoastPhin
03-27-2003, 02:29 PM
HOOOOOOOAH!

That's what I'm talking about. I'm glad they are slowing down a bit, and letting air recon support out in front.

This is WAR, we're not baking a cake. Someone please explain this to all the media idiots who are wondering why it's taking so long. Ridiculous!

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I blame Nintendo....:)

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 02:36 PM
Well... it helps a lot that the sandstorms subsided... that column would not have posed such a threat, if we'd have been able to send our A-10's and Apaches up...
I kinda think that's why they were out in the open to begin with...using the sandstorms as cover knowing we couldn't hit them from the air....
I guess they just weren't fast enough! :whew:

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
Well... it helps a lot that the sandstorms subsided... that column would not have posed such a threat, if we'd have been able to send our A-10's and Apaches up...
I kinda think that's why they were out in the open to begin with...using the sandstorms as cover knowing we couldn't hit them from the air....
I guess they just weren't fast enough! :whew:

I do love the A-10...talk about a blue collar workhorse. It's the Zach Thomas of warplanes...it ain't pretty, and it ain't fast, but what it hits, it knocks the crap out of!!:cool: I remember you could see them practicing air strikes from the ranges at Ft Drum.

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 02:52 PM
yeah man... the Warthogs are the bomb!! (excuse the pun)

We used to love hearing them approach... we knew anything in front of us would be obliterated....

Penthos
03-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Iraq claims military victory for convoy:

The Iraqi Foreign Minister in a quote to the Arab news agency "Ali-ar" said, "We are happy to report that every single imperialist missle and bomb that made contact with our Tanks or other vehilces was destroyed..."

WharfRat
03-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81

The Iraqi Foreign Minister in a quote to the Arab news agency "Ali-ar" said, "We are happy to report that every single imperialist missle and bomb that made contact with our Tanks or other vehilces was destroyed..."

:lol: :lol:

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 03:02 PM

LOL!!

LeftCoastPhin
03-27-2003, 03:44 PM
Is it just me or does Iraqi propaganda bear a striking resemblance to Bill fan denial. :lol:

HofCityFan
03-27-2003, 05:53 PM
Of course our missles and bombs that made contact with their tanks and vehicles were destroyed that what suppost to happen when they hit something what stupid statement. I know I only served 4 years in the Air Force but isn't that what suppost to happen they EXPLODE destroying themselves and whatever the hit:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by HofCityFan
Of course our missles and bombs that made contact with their tanks and vehicles were destroyed that what suppost to happen when they hit something what stupid statement. I know I only served 4 years in the Air Force but isn't that what suppost to happen they EXPLODE destroying themselves and whatever the hit:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dude...please tell me your kidding...right? I mean, I know you were Air Force...but SHEESH!!!

HofCityFan
03-27-2003, 06:20 PM
Phin what don't you understand that guys statement was stupid; I know he ment our missles were destroyed before hitting their targets but that not what he said, I just that if was funny sorry if you didn't get my sarcasim

PhinPhan1227
03-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by HofCityFan
Phin what don't you understand that guys statement was stupid; I know he ment our missles were destroyed before hitting their targets but that not what he said, I just that if was funny sorry if you didn't get my sarcasim

The statement wasn't stupid...it was a freaking JOKE! I'll now totaly destroy that joke by disecting it for you....The joke was, that the Iraqi's would try and SPIN the fact that their convoy was destroyed by claiming that THEY were able to destroy the incoming missiles by having them impact their vehicles...it's a joke...it was funny...it's dead now, but it was nice while it lasted....:confused:

HofCityFan
03-27-2003, 06:34 PM
Phin Sorry It sounded just like what an Iraqi minster would have said I took it to be a true statement , sorry to ruin your fun.

LeftCoastPhin
03-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Dont feel bad HOF, I took it literally as well. It sounds like something they would say. They spin everything. They are worse than Wanne.

:lol:

Penthos
03-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Yes sorry I meant as a joke because of the way the Iraqi officials spin stuff... There was a clue in the name of the News Agency I quoted:
"Ali-ar" move the "li" over and you have "A-liar"... :lol:

Barbarian
03-27-2003, 08:15 PM
LMAO!!! I took it as a joke... but the fact that what the Iraqi's claim is sooo far out in left field that we could take such a rediculous statement and credit it to them, and have people (and fairly smart people at that) believe it really says something about the Iraqi Propoganda doesn't it. :lol:

dolfan06
03-28-2003, 02:03 AM
...............justice will be served......and the battle will rage..............
this big dog will fight if you rattle his cage!

you'll be sorry you messed with the US of A........................cause we'll put a boot in your ass...................its the american way!

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 03:42 AM
"Ali-ar" move the "l" over and you have "A-liar"... :lol:

that was clever... I didn't pick up on that, although I did know it was a joke... :D