PDA

View Full Version : Miami Marathon?

Samphin
06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Anyone here run marathons? I have run one, and did it on the hellacious streets and hills of San Francisco. My girlfriend just ran here second marathon in San Diego on Sunday. While we were there, we went to the runner's expo and I got some info for the Miami Marathon that is in late January of 2007. Actually, I think it is a week before the SuperBowl which makes it VERY enticing. I am thinking about signing up for that and just staying a week for the festivities and watching the SuperBowl.

My question though is this. What is the avergae temp in Miami around that time and has anyone ran this marathon before? Is it hilly? Flat? Easy? Hard? Any runner's out there let me know. Or, if you are planning on running it yourselves for the first time. I would just like some info.

Thanks in advance.

dQbell
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I have never run a marathon, but would give it a shot. Right now, I only run 5Ks about once a month (outside of running during the week). A marathon would probably kick my butt.

TJamesW_phinfan
06-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Temp that time of year in S FL can be anywhere from 30 to 80 degrees. Average is mid 60's during the day.

dominizzo
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I love Running MArathons!! Great for the HEart