PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th movie

SCall13
06-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Since we have a post going about another Halloween movie, I figured I'd throw this one out there: New Line has temporarily dumped plans to make an 11th chapter of Friday the 13th, instead handing the reigns over to Michael Bay (Pearl HArbor, The Island, Armageddon, Transformers movie(in production)) who will do a remake of the original.....except for one thing: There will be no Pamela Vorhees, the killer in the original movie. Rumors are, they will tell the story from a new angle, immediately introducing Jason as the killer and explaining why and how he became the mindless, unstoppable killer that he is.

THe hold up is that Paramount has to agree to allow New Line to make this movie. New Line purchased the rights to make new chapters in the movie series, but did not purchase the right to remake the original or use the original title. Anyway, we horror fans will watch and see how it all works out...

On a sidenote: Yes, the F13 series has been ran thoroughly into the ground, but I'm willing to bet that if Michael Bay does, in fact, do the film, it will at least be action packed. Personally, I hope it gets done....

icephinfan
06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
The different angle sounds good.

Buddwalk
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
you dont need an angle...hes a freak of nature monster, that is seeking revenge on any body because they let him drowned

dQbell
06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
you dont need an angle...hes a freak of nature monster, that is seeking revenge on any body because they let him drowned

I don't blame him either. Jason, I feel you man.

dominizzo
06-07-2006, 11:00 PM
When is it out!!

WOOW Mike BAy is also doing thr TExas Chainsaw MAssacre BEggining

SCall13
06-08-2006, 06:48 AM
When is it out!!

WOOW Mike BAy is also doing thr TExas Chainsaw MAssacre BEggining

Michael Bay sure stays busy.

WeVie
06-08-2006, 09:17 AM
As long as he kills lots of people and it has naked boobies in it, it will be great. You have to have those two things for a great Jason movie.

Noodle Arm
06-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Michael Bay sure stays busy.

Too bad the remakes he's made through his Platinum Dunes company have sucked. The Texas Chainsaw remake sucked...Amityville Horror was stupid...I'm scared what this one is going to turn out like. I expect a lot of flashy quick cuts and tons of jump scares (which is the only thing Chainsaw & Amityville had, forget suspense...let's just do a cheap and easy jump scare that anybody with half brain can do! :rolleyes2 )

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
michael bay is a really bad director. and if you're going to completely change the storyline of the original, then you're not remaking the original are you? god this is even worse than all the other horrible remakes. the original was a low-budget horror classic. it'll be impossible for this to be good.

SCall13
06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
michael bay is a really bad director. and if you're going to completely change the storyline of the original, then you're not remaking the original are you? god this is even worse than all the other horrible remakes. the original was a low-budget horror classic. it'll be impossible for this to be good.

I agree, he's not a good director. As far as the storyline: from what I hear, they MAY try to condense the first three movies into one, briefly touching on Pamela Voorhees and opening the door for Jason's entrance rather quickly All of this hear-say right now. Who knows how they're going to do it - if it actually gets done at all.

HysterikiLL
06-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Michael Bay is quite possibly the worst big budget director to fog the window of integrity with his foul breath of existence.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
06-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Michael Bay is quite possibly the worst big budget director to fog the window of integrity with his foul breath of existence.
that's very artsy.