PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck with Culpepper.

Blurch
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm a lifelong Vikings fan and I have to give you Dolphins fans my condolences on your team's aquisition of Daunte Culpepper. He has a great arm, and he used to be a running threat. But, he can't read a defense to save his life and he has an extremely fragile ego. When things go wrong in a game, you can count on Daunte to make things much worse. Oh and did I mention he can't win ANY meaningful games. So good luck in 06, and when Daunte's healthy enough to play, get ready to start screaming for his backup.

:sidelol:

DcRy82
06-08-2006, 06:10 PM
You joined finheaven just to tell us that? kindly leave..(owen wilson from wedding crashers)

Phins28
06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm a lifelong Vikings fan and I have to give you Dolphins fans my condolences on your team's aquisition of Daunte Culpepper. He has a great arm, and he used to be a running threat. But, he can't read a defense to save his life and he has an extremely fragile ego. When things go wrong in a game, you can count on Daunte to make things much worse. Oh and did I mention he can't win ANY meaningful games. So good luck in 06, and when Daunte's healthy enough to play, get ready to start screaming for his backup.

And good luck to you with Spielman, Childish and super old QB Brad Johnson :lol:

Spray Mucus
06-08-2006, 06:11 PM

Send to depths... ban member then kill him!

the "F" outta here http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/gangstafairy305/thgoshidiot.gif

icephinfan
06-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Nice first post.:shakeno: Oh by the way enjoy high draft picks for as long as Spielman is there.

cltchperf
06-08-2006, 06:13 PM
good luck with spielman and my condolensces to your team when he runs it into the ground. I think he's been eyeing Cleo Lemon, don't be surprised if you find out on NFL network or ESPN that Spielman gives Miami a 2nd round pick for Lemon.

DcRy82
06-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Im so tired of jealous fans of sub-par teams....

DcRy82
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
haha or a third for Travis Minor

Blurch
I'm actually a Dolphins fan (after the Vikings), but I mostly joined to read the posts about Daunte after he's played a few games for you.

The Aqua Crush
and you think this was worse than our last 5 qb's? at least daunte has the physical attributes. His confidence was an obvious outcry for playing for a terrible organization. that will change oh so soon.

is childress napoleon dynamite's brother ? oh and have fun watching the vikes get run into the ground, spielman should have that taken care of in no time

burton87
And you my friend have fun with Brad Johnson, and your stellar receiver core lead by Travis Taylor

thecoordinator
06-08-2006, 06:16 PM
daunte has put up numbers we havent seen here in a long time. ill glady take him.

Anthony D.
This guy posted alot on the general NFL news site. He actually wrote this exact same post on the other site and just pasted it in here. He is just another disgruntled Viking fan. Who cares.

Spray Mucus
I'm actually a Dolphins fan (after the Vikings), but I mostly joined to read the posts about Daunte after he's played a few games for you.

so your a fin fan and now your raggin on our new franchise qb?

BS! your not alowed to have 2 favorite teams...

Boo this man!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua4Ever04
06-08-2006, 06:17 PM
You joined finheaven just to tell us that? kindly leave..(owen wilson from wedding crashers)
Im so tired of jealous fans of sub-par teams....

Haha, very nicely said. I think it's funny how this clown mentions he can't win any big games despite the fact that he has lead the Vikings to a 15-1 season along with trip to the NFC championship. It's also funny how much they loved Daunte when he was tossing 39 TDs to just 11 INTs in 2004.

So thank you for sending us a pro bowl QB for just a second rounder. Get used to losing high picks as well with Speilman now at the helm.

This post is a joke. Saban & co. should be charged with theft after robbing Daunte Culpepper from Minnesota for JUST A 2nd ROUND PICK! HAHA, I love it! :sidelol:

Lazy1
06-08-2006, 06:18 PM

Hey welcome to finheaven. Its always good to talk with other teams fans and getting there perspective... I've always wondered how it felt to be the laughing stock of the league, do you think you can expand on how it feels when 31 other teams in the leauge are laughing at you? While you over here talking **** to us dolphins fans, your front office is taking a **** on all your fans and organization. And when its speilman's **** its explosive diarrhea!

Blurch
06-08-2006, 06:23 PM
15-1 was Randall Cunningham in 99. Daunte wasn't drafted until 2000. And as for the NFC championship game in 01, Daunte lead the Vikings to a 41 to absolute ZERO drubbing by the Giants, and that was when he had 2 knees. :lol: You guys are welcome to him with my best wishes

DcRy82
06-08-2006, 06:28 PM
the only thing you will be able to celebrate after this season is getting to have a top 5 draft pick...hey, maybe you guys will be in the running for Brady Quinn....But dont worry, even if he is there, you wont take him, not with the genius of a GM you guys inherited from us...

Shula Come Back!
06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
15-1 was Randall Cunningham in 99. Daunte wasn't drafted until 2000. And as for the NFC championship game in 01, Daunte lead the Vikings to a 41 to absolute ZERO drubbing by the Giants, and that was when he had 2 knees. :lol: You guys are welcome to him with my best wishes

Actually Daunte WAS drafted in 1999. He didn't play until 2000 where he led his team to the NFC Championship in his first season playing...they lost, but that's not too shabby....and you said you're a Vikings fan....I bet everyone on this site knows when Marino was drafted!

Spray Mucus
06-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Actually Daunte WAS drafted in 1999. He didn't play until 2000 where he led his team to the NFC Championship in his first season playing...they lost, but that's not too shabby....and you said you're a Vikings fan....I bet everyone on this site knows when Marino was drafted!

somebody just got "F"ing OWNED!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/Weesusz/own3d.gif

man, I wish we can post pix in this forum!

Blurch
06-08-2006, 06:35 PM

You're right, I got all the years mixed up. The 98 Vikings were 15-1, and Daunte was drafted in 99. My point was he wasn't on the 15-1 team at all.
And PLEASE, don't even mention his name in the same breath as Marino.

DcRy82
06-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Nobody is comparing the two QB's... we are comparing how knowlegable people are of their "favorite teams".. saying that you must not be much of a fan if you dont even know the date your franchise QB was drafted... BTW, is Peyton Manning a loser since he hasnt made it to the superbowl yet and lost 3 REALLY big playoff games?

Shula Come Back!
06-08-2006, 06:44 PM
You're right, I got all the years mixed up. The 98 Vikings were 15-1, and Daunte was drafted in 99. My point was he wasn't on the 15-1 team at all.
And PLEASE, don't even mention his name in the same breath as Marino.

At least I agree with you on the Marino thing! Daunte is no Marino. But he's definitely the best thing we've had since. Plus a Marino is something that happens once in a franchise's lifetime!

305TillIDie
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
At least I agree with you on the Marino thing! Daunte is no Marino. But he's definitely the best thing we've had since. Plus a Marino is something that happens once in a franchise's lifetime!:yeahthat:

Blurch
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Nobody is comparing the two QB's... we are comparing how knowlegable people are of their "favorite teams".. saying that you must not be much of a fan if you dont even know the date your franchise QB was drafted... BTW, is Peyton Manning a loser since he hasnt made it to the superbowl yet and lost 3 REALLY big playoff games?

Culpepper has a losing record as a starter. Manning can't win big games, but your new 7 million dollar man can't win even half his regular season games. He did set an NFL record for most turnovers in a season though, so you got that going for you. I just hope Daunte's healthy enough to start when the Vikes play the Dolphins in November. That's a sure win for us.

Lazy1
06-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Culpepper has a losing record as a starter. Manning can't win big games, but your new 7 million dollar man can't win even half his regular season games. He did set an NFL record for most turnovers in a season though, so you got that going for you. I just hope Daunte's healthy enough to start when the Vikes play the Dolphins in November. That's a sure win for us.

The vikings wont have a sure win unless they play in the all girl powder puff league.

Blurch
06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
By the way, I'm new here. Why did my thread get moved to this board just for pointing out that Culpepper sucks? It's the truth.

CrunchTime
06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
By the way, I'm new here. Why did my thread get moved to this board just for pointing out that Culpepper sucks? It's the truth.

It was the way you worded your post that provoked trash talking posts.Therefore the thread was moved to The Depths of the Sea (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum where you can trashtalk all you want.,

Shula Come Back!
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
I can somewhat understand that you dislike Culpepper because he didn't win a SB for you, and you get annoyed with the fumbles, but how can you say he sucks? He's been to the Pro Bowl, the Playoffs, remember the 2004 season??? That wasn't that long ago.

miaD5499
06-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Haha, very nicely said. I think it's funny how this clown mentions he can't win any big games despite the fact that he has lead the Vikings to a 15-1 season along with trip to the NFC championship. It's also funny how much they loved Daunte when he was tossing 39 TDs to just 11 INTs in 2004.

So thank you for sending us a pro bowl QB for just a second rounder. Get used to losing high picks as well with Speilman now at the helm.

This post is a joke. Saban & co. should be charged with theft after robbing Daunte Culpepper from Minnesota for JUST A 2nd ROUND PICK! HAHA, I love it! :sidelol:

yea exactly, vikings fans can talk all they want but if you just take a look at their offseason you can just see how bad their team is : loose daunte culpepper for a 2nd round pick, hire rick spielmen, but your running game in the hands of a back up (chester taylor) which im not too sure why so many people are high on, and have your new head coach embarass him self after feeling that he is compeled to diss his ex-qb through the media.......Daunte has a team now in miami, no need to just rely on one guy to win the game but have faith in your running game, oline, and deffense......have fun with brad johnson haha

indifin
06-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey dumb azz why come here in the first place?Just to tell us culpepper sucks? Why do you think it was moved?By the way what grade are you in?

Perfect23
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
First the Bills then the Jets now the Vikings.

steeda
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Lets laugh one more time because the Vikings got Spielman. :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Breed
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
He did set an NFL record for most turnovers in a season though, so you got that going for you. .

I guess you're referring to the 32 turnovers (655 total attempts) Culpepper had in 2002, atleast he had 28 TDs (rushing and passing) to go along with those turnovers.

Favre turned it over 36 times last year, he had a combined 20 TDs; all this in 625 total attempts. So Favre turned it over once every 17.36 attempts, Culpepper turned it over once every 20.47 attempts in 2002.

Favre and Culpepper have turned it over at a very similar rate over their careers, Culpepper is quite a bit better statistically though.

Manning can't win big games, but your new 7 million dollar man can't win even half his regular season games. I just hope Daunte's healthy enough to start when the Vikes play the Dolphins in November. That's a sure win for us.

Culpepper has a losing record as a starter.

Yeah, and his defense has always kept him in the game; the Vikings have only given up an average of 23.91 points per game since 2000.

Here's what I posted in response to another poster earlier:

Culpepper is 38-41 in games where he's had more than 10 attempts, 38-40 if you count the Colts game in 2000 when Culpepper only had 10 attempts due to injury (only 10 attempts). This behind some of the worst defenses in the game, year after year. An average QB wouldn't come close to that amount of wins if given the same defense.

In 2000, the Vikings (notice I didn't say Culpepper, because winning is a team accomplishment) went 11-5; the Vikings were 21st in scoring defense (23.19 points allowed per game). In one of the games the Vikings lost, Culpepper was 7/10 and threw for 97 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT; the Vikings lost 31-10. I'm pretty sure Culpepper left that game early due to injury, it's hard to pin that loss on Culpepper since he was doing very well when he played.

In 2001, the Vikings went 5-11. In the games Culpepper played, the Vikings were 4-7, and 1-4 when his backups played. The Vikings were 26th in scoring defense, averaging 24.38 points given up per game.

In 2002, the Vikings went 6-10 under Culpepper. The Vikings defense gave up 442 points (not a typo), averaging 27.3 points against per game. Put an average QB in that position and he doesn't win 3 games.

In 2003, the Vikings were 9-7, and 7-7 in games Culpepper played in. It should be noted that Frerotte and the Vikings got their 2 wins against the 7-9 49ers (21.06 points allowed per game) and the 5-11 Falcons (26.38 points allowed per game). The Vikings were 23rd in scoring defense that year (22.06 points allowed per game).

In 2004, the Vikings were 8-8 under Culpepper behind a defense that gave up 24.69 points per game (26th scoring defense). The Vikings only scored 10 more points than they gave up and they had the 6th best scoring offense.

In 2005, the Vikings were 9-7 and 2-4 when Culpepper had more than 10 attempts. Of course Culpepper had what was probably his worst 6 game stretch of his career (mostly because of the 8 INTs he threw the first 2 games of the season, after that he had a QB rating around 90). The Vikings were 19th in scoring defense (which is better than anything Culpepper ever had) averaging 21.5 points given up per game.

Winning and scoring offense/scoring defense go almost hand and hand. A QBs job is to put his team in a position to score points (FG or TD), thus putting the team in a better position to win. Winning comes from outscoring your opponents, this can be done with a great defense and a decent offense, or a great offense and decent defense; Culpepper has never had a decent defense. It's kind of hard to outscore your opponents when your defense is giving up 23.91 points per game.

When Fiedler was with Miami (2000-2004), the Dolphins defense allowed only 17.9 points per game. Fiedler had a good W%, but it wasn't because he was a "winner".

"Winning" QBs have good defenses, which is something Culpepper has never had.

15-1 was Randall Cunningham in 99. You guys are welcome to him with my best wishes.

Culpepper has never had the offensive weapons that Cunningham had on that team. Carter was a couple years younger (still a top 10 WR), Jake Reed was one of the (if not the) best #3 WR in the game and they had one of the best rushing attacks in football. It didn't hurt that the Vikings had the 6th best scoring defense that year (18.5 points allowed per game)

And as for the NFC championship game in 01, Daunte lead the Vikings to a 41 to absolute ZERO drubbing by the Giants, and that was when he had 2 knees.

Culpepper is the reason the Vikings gave up 41 points? Face it, that whole team sucked., Culpepper could've thrown 4 TDs and 0 INTs......the Vikings still would've lost.

Here's some of his other postseason games:

17/31, 302 passing yards (4 rushes for 51 yards), 3 TDs and 0 INTs
19/29, 284 passing yards (6 rushes for 54 yards), 4 TDs and 0 INTs

The Vikings were 2-2 in the Playoffs under Culpepper; this with some very bad defenses.

HybridPHIN 23
06-09-2006, 01:29 AM
a vikings fan talking smack... hilarious. To phinfans of all people. Our team stole your All-pro Qb for a 2nd rounder, your new GM is the guy who traded a 2nd for AJ Feeley. Those are probably the two most devastating moves in the past few years... and the two bozos responsible are running your team.
Seriously you should just pick a new team cuz the vikings wil either Suck for a loooooong time, leave Minnesota.... or both ( most likely scenario ) I usta like the Vikings when they had talent, but nobody likes a loser and thats what the vikings will surely be.

Blurch
06-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I can somewhat understand that you dislike Culpepper because he didn't win a SB for you, and you get annoyed with the fumbles, but how can you say he sucks? He's been to the Pro Bowl, the Playoffs, remember the 2004 season??? That wasn't that long ago.

Ya know, you're right I shouldn't say he sucks because he doesn't. But I'm telling you Dolphin fans that you are going to tire of this guy real fast. He has zero confidence, he can not read defenses, he refuses to study game films at all (no BS), and he demanded a $10 million raise after he shredded his knee (what does that tell you about his intelligence?). Seriously, you guys are welcome to him. It's true that QBs don't win games all by themselves, but they can lose games all by themselves. And the turnover king was great at that. You'll see. He can have some great games, but overall he can't win big games. And he usaully can't win games against teams with winning records, so I hope your schedule is loaded with a lot of 3-13 teams next year or your in for a long season.

fin1
06-09-2006, 12:47 PM

Not only that his franchise is the Buffalo of the NFC central, you know been to the big dance but didn't know how to win it.

Get Up And Go
06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Ya know, you're right I shouldn't say he sucks because he doesn't. But I'm telling you Dolphin fans that you are going to tire of this guy real fast. He has zero confidence, he can not read defenses, he refuses to study game films at all (no BS), and he demanded a $10 million raise after he shredded his knee (what does that tell you about his intelligence?). Seriously, you guys are welcome to him. It's true that QBs don't win games all by themselves, but they can lose games all by themselves. And the turnover king was great at that. You'll see. He can have some great games, but overall he can't win big games. And he usaully can't win games against teams with winning records, so I hope your schedule is loaded with a lot of 3-13 teams next year or your in for a long season.

Saban isn't going to keep him at starter if he plays like crap anyway. Harrigton has something to prove, so I'm happy ether way.

Blurch
06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Not only that his franchise is the Buffalo of the NFC central, you know been to the big dance but didn't know how to win it.

You're right. And your new QB was a huge contributor to the Viking SB drought the last 7 years.

fin1
06-09-2006, 02:57 PM
You're right. And your new QB was a huge contributor to the Viking SB drought the last 7 years.

The vikings have sucked their entire sorry @ss lifespan. We have the winnigest franchise since the afl-nfl merger not to mention kicking you @ss in the super bowl with your purple ***** eaters. So don't blame that on Cpep, you guys sucked way before then and you will suck long after he's gone. OWNED

Breed
06-09-2006, 03:02 PM

Yeah, and your defense kept you in every game..........****ing idiot

Your offense (mainly Culpepper and Moss) was the only reason the Vikings weren't picking in the top 5 of the draft every year.

I'm still waiting for your response from my last post........

Blurch
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
The vikings have sucked their entire sorry @ss lifespan. We have the winnigest franchise since the afl-nfl merger not to mention kicking you @ss in the super bowl with your purple ***** eaters. So don't blame that on Cpep, you guys sucked way before then and you will suck long after he's gone. OWNED

We sucked for the last 7 years that's for sure, but I guess the brain trust in your head office didn't think so because they just coughed up $7 mil for the main reason we sucked. And now he only has one leg too. Have fun sucking the next few seasons.

fin1
06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
We sucked for the last 7 years that's for sure, but I guess the brain trust in your head office didn't think so because they just coughed up $7 mil for the main reason we sucked. And now he only has one leg too. Have fun sucking the next few seasons.

Anyone on here notice that B-lurch sounds a hell of a lot lik B-lo. Hmmmmm Their franchises are the same, their logic is the same(lack of), and most disturbingly the both use the jack icon. Makes you wonder....................

Who started the B-lo bash last week. Looks like you are up again.

calphin
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
B-lurch is a sorry *** Bills fan...also known as b-lojob!!:sidelol:

fin1
06-09-2006, 03:23 PM

Calling EBMISFIT, Calling EBMISFIT, (squelch) Please report to depths of the sea.

Blurch
06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, and your defense kept you in every game..........****ing idiot

Your offense (mainly Culpepper and Moss) was the only reason the Vikings weren't picking in the top 5 of the draft every year.

I'm still waiting for your response from my last post........

You're half right. Moss was the main ingredient of the offense, and remember what happened to your new Franchise QB last season, his only season without Moss?:sidelol:

As for your last post, I don't have time to write a novel but I will say in the 41-0 loss to the Giants in the NFC championship game, Culpepper imploded.
He was like a scared dog (did you watch that game?) That team went 11-5 that year and had most of the talent from the 15-1 season still on the roster, so how could they be as bad as you imply? They had some early bad breaks, and Culpepper made it worse with his lack of confidence and stupid mistakes.
A great QB never loses a big game 41-0.

I'm going to get NFL package so I can watch all the Dolphins games. I can laugh at Culpeppers's cluelessness now that he's screwing up someone else's team.

Blurch
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM

Oh you guys are brilliant. Yeah that's it, I'm a Bills fan. You're on to me now.

fin1
06-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh you guys are brilliant. Yeah that's it, I'm a Bills fan. You're on to me now.

Just wait dumb@ss you aint seen nothin yet.:lol:

Breed
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
That team went 11-5 that year and had most of the talent from the 15-1 season still on the roster, so how could they be as bad as you imply?

1. Carter was 33 years old by the time the '98 season ended, he was 35 years old by the time the '00 season ended, he retired after the '01 season (then came out of retirement in '02 and was horrible with the Dolphins). Carter was still a #1 WR in '00, but lost a lot of his athletic ability and was a mere #2 WR in '01.

While Culpepper did have Moss and Carter in '00, he didn't have a #3 WR; whereas in '98 Cunningham had one of the best (if not the best) #3 WRs in the game at the time (Jake Reed). The '98 Vikings also had a pretty good receiving TE (Andrew Glover), Glover would've been a huge upgrade over what Culpepper had as his #3 WRs.

Here were Culpepper's WRs after Moss and Carter:

Matthew Hatchett-60 receptions, 887 yards and 6 TDs in 62 games (6 year career). Hatchett never had more than 216 yards receiving

Chris Walsh-67 receptions, 719 yards and 4 TDs in 134 career games. Walsh never had more than 191 receiving yards in a season.

Troy Walters-70 receptions, 825 yards and 6 TDs in 70 career games. Walters best year was in 2003 when he had 456 yards and 3 TDs, his next best season (in terms of yardage) was in 2002 when he had 207 yards and 0 TDs.

John Davis-55 receptions, 517 yards and 6 TDs in 74 career games. His best season (yardage) was in 2000 when he had 202 yards receiving and 1 TD. Davis had a 6 year NFL career.

This doesn't even compare to 2002 when Culpepper had absolute garbage at WR after Randy Moss.

2. The '98 Vikings defense went from the 6th best scoring defense (296 points allowed, 18.5 points allowed per game), to the 18th best scoring defense in 1999 (335 points allowed, 20.94 points allowed per game). The 2000 Vikings defense was 24th in scoring defense (371 points allowed, 23.19 points allowed per game); the Vikings defense was already on the decline before Culpepper even started a game.

You're half right. Moss was the main ingredient of the offense, and remember what happened to your new Franchise QB last season, his only season without Moss?:sidelol:

Either admit Moss hasn't been an elite WR since '03 or admit Moss alone doesn't make a good offense. By admitting Moss hasn't been an elite WR since '03, you're admitting Culpeper's great '04 season was without an elite WR. If Moss alone can make any offense good (if he were still elite), why did the Raiders have the 23rd ranked offense (290 points scored, 18.13 points scored per game) last year? Moss/Porter/Gabriel is better than anything Culpepper had.

As for your last post, I don't have time to write a novel but I will say in the 41-0 loss to the Giants in the NFC championship game, Culpepper imploded.
He was like a scared dog (did you watch that game?) They had some early bad breaks, and Culpepper made it worse with his lack of confidence and stupid mistakes.

One bad game does not make a bad QB; case in point:

The 49ers lost 49-3 against the Giants in the 1986 postseason under Joe Montana.

finfan32
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM

He was like a scared dog (did you watch that game?) That team went 11-5 that year and had most of the talent from the 15-1 season still on the roster, so how could they be as bad as you imply? They had some early bad breaks, and Culpepper made it worse with his lack of confidence and stupid mistakes.

I'm going to get NFL package so I can watch all the Dolphins games. I can laugh at Culpeppers's cluelessness now that he's screwing up someone else's team.

id rather take my chances with saban, then listen to your sorry a** coach, now go back to your hole before we have to beat your a** in another superbowl.

buckwilde
06-09-2006, 10:13 PM

Hey douchebag troll...when was the last time your team won something of significance??? Go TARK, Bud Grant is the man! You are an idiot. :shakeno:

FinFrenzy
06-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Blurch must be a bills fan...everyone has disaproved everything he has said and he has stated any reason to his remarks. What a fukin loser.

Blurch
06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Blurch must be a bills fan...everyone has disaproved everything he has said and he has stated any reason to his remarks. What a fukin loser.

You'll see the reasons for my remarks as soon as your overhyped, overpaid, underachieving, clueless, sorry a s s excuse for a QB starts playing in meaningful games. I watched this clown screw up the Vikings for 7 years. Now it's your turn. I can't wait. I hope he's healthy for the start of the season, I need the laughs. By the way, you Phins fans are even more gulllible and clueless than Vikings fans. Congratulations.

Blurch
06-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey douchebag troll...when was the last time your team won something of significance??? Go TARK, Bud Grant is the man! You are an idiot. :shakeno:

Geez, good point. Ya got me there. It would be a litlle more meaningful though if the Dolphins last Super Bowl win wasn't shortly after the civil war.
Do you all have to ask you're grandparents to tell you stories about the good old days when the Dolphins could win???

FinaticalOne
06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Geez, good point. Ya got me there. It would be a litlle more meaningful though if the Dolphins last Super Bowl win wasn't shortly after the civil war.
Do you all have to ask you're grandparents to tell you stories about the good old days when the Dolphins could win???

At least our "grandparents" have the stories to tell. Especially the one when they beat the sorry @$$ Vikings in the Super Bowl. You may be sour on C-Pepp, and hoping we fail with your "wait and see" attitude, but you have to realize that we've been successful with much less talent at the QB spot then C-Pepp. So C-Pepp is a definite upgrade for our team. You can't blame the enthusiam our fans have with his signing, and you are a d@mn fool if you don't think we upgraded that position.

C-Pepp > Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, and Gus Frerotte.

If you are still too stubborn and ignorant to realize this as an upgrade, then we will just "wait and see" when the Vikings come to town on Nov. 19th.

fin1
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM

Go away douche bag. Come back Nov. 20 and take your a s s whippin.:evil:

Blurch
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Go away douche bag. Come back Nov. 20 and take your a s s whippin.:evil:

You must have information that Culpepper won't play on Nov. 19th, cuz that's the only way you'll beat us, if #8 is benched.

Blurch
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
At least our "grandparents" have the stories to tell. Especially the one when they beat the sorry @$$ Vikings in the Super Bowl. You may be sour on C-Pepp, and hoping we fail with your "wait and see" attitude, but you have to realize that we've been successful with much less talent at the QB spot then C-Pepp. So C-Pepp is a definite upgrade for our team. You can't blame the enthusiam our fans have with his signing, and you are a d@mn fool if you don't think we upgraded that position.

C-Pepp > Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Brian Griese, AJ Feeley, and Gus Frerotte.

If you are still too stubborn and ignorant to realize this as an upgrade, then we will just "wait and see" when the Vikings come to town on Nov. 19th.

You'll be adding Culpepper to that list after this season. Guaranteed!!

fin1
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
You must have information that Culpepper won't play on Nov. 19th, cuz that's the only way you'll beat us, if #8 is benched.

We will beat your sorry @ss whether he's playing or not and you won't have some old fukstik who's never kicked a 50 yard field goal step up and luck one in.

Blurch
06-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Dolphins and Vikings were both 9-7 last season. We fired our Head Coach and dumped our underachieving QB who was more hype than talent. You guys picked him up (God knows why), and you think you're going to improve? Here's something else you'll love to hear. When the Dolphins were negotiating to get Daunte, there was serious concern up here that if the Dolphins backed away, we may be stuck with him. So thanks for the help. We should improve this year, and you guys can "steal" Tice away from Jacksonville next offseason.

finintheburgh
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
[quote=Blurch]You'll see the reasons for my remarks as soon as your overhyped, overpaid, underachieving, clueless, sorry a s s excuse for a QB starts playing in meaningful games. I watched this clown screw up the Vikings for 7 years. Now it's your turn. I can't wait. I hope he's healthy for the start of the season, I need the laughs. By the way, you Phins fans are even more gulllible and clueless than Vikings fans. Congratulations.[/quote

]
hey blurch take it easy dont let some of the guys around here scare you away,that is if you are a true finfan.
around here its not to smart to say anything bad about daunte, alot of these guys act like he is a football god and are qb play has been so bad for so long that we are overhyping daunte.
ill give you the fact that most of dauntes offense was just throw it up deep and hope your guy gets it. and luckly for him they did.i also agree that he disappears in crunch time if theres pressure on him. i do understand that there is a reason that minny wanted rid of him and we were the only ones willing to give up a second for him (which if he is so great i dont understand why we were the only ones)
what no one around here seems to realize is that it was his turnovers that helped lead to minny giving up so many points every year. he has great talent i just hope his brain can catch up with his arm.

Breed
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
You'll see the reasons for my remarks as soon as your overhyped, overpaid, underachieving, clueless, sorry a s s excuse for a QB starts playing in meaningful games. I watched this clown screw up the Vikings for 7 years. Now it's your turn. I can't wait. I hope he's healthy for the start of the season, I need the laughs. By the way, you Phins fans are even more gulllible and clueless than Vikings fans. Congratulations.

You still haven't responded to some of my earlier posts.........

**** off troll

YM305
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM

one word............"spielmen"

Blurch
06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
[quote=Blurch]You'll see the reasons for my remarks as soon as your overhyped, overpaid, underachieving, clueless, sorry a s s excuse for a QB starts playing in meaningful games. I watched this clown screw up the Vikings for 7 years. Now it's your turn. I can't wait. I hope he's healthy for the start of the season, I need the laughs. By the way, you Phins fans are even more gulllible and clueless than Vikings fans. Congratulations.[/quote

]
hey blurch take it easy dont let some of the guys around here scare you away,that is if you are a true finfan.
around here its not to smart to say anything bad about daunte, alot of these guys act like he is a football god and are qb play has been so bad for so long that we are overhyping daunte.
ill give you the fact that most of dauntes offense was just throw it up deep and hope your guy gets it. and luckly for him they did.i also agree that he disappears in crunch time if theres pressure on him. i do understand that there is a reason that minny wanted rid of him and we were the only ones willing to give up a second for him (which if he is so great i dont understand why we were the only ones)
what no one around here seems to realize is that it was his turnovers that helped lead to minny giving up so many points every year. he has great talent i just hope his brain can catch up with his arm.

You're the first one in here that gets it. There were so many Vikings fans that thought Daunte was a god too. But there are not many that will admit they were Daunte fans any more. Fans up here started figuring Daunte out after Moss left, and Daunte went in the tank.
I really am a Dolphins fan too. 2nd only to the Vikings.

steeda
06-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Ah, its that time again... To laugh at troll Vikings fans because their franchise landed Rick Spielman as GM...

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Here's to many years of crappy drafts and trades.. :happydrin

FinaticalOne
06-13-2006, 11:49 AM
You'll be adding Culpepper to that list after this season. Guaranteed!!

WOW!!!!! That's saying a lot.

retired opfinistic
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

Breed
06-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Fans up here started figuring Daunte out after Moss left, and Daunte went in the tank. I really am a Dolphins fan too. 2nd only to the Vikings.

Either admit Moss hasn't been an elite WR since '03 or admit Moss alone doesn't make a good offense. By admitting Moss hasn't been an elite WR since '03, you're admitting Culpeper's great '04 season was without an elite WR. If Moss alone can make any offense good (if he were still elite), why did the Raiders have the 23rd ranked offense (290 points scored, 18.13 points scored per game) last year? Moss/Porter/Gabriel is better than anything Culpepper had.

Culpepper doesn't need an elite WR to succeed. Culpepper's best year came when he had the best depth (no elite WRs), Chambers/Booker/McMichael/Hagan/Welker/Brown/Campbell etc. is really good depth. Try comparing our 3rd, 4th and 5th receiving options to what the Vikings had from '00-'05.

dolfinosteel
06-13-2006, 01:51 PM

The only thing that "SUCKS" is you bashing Culpepper. He is no longer a Viking, and when you come to terms with that the better off you will be. Go cry on your own Viking message boards. We will see how bad he is when we go to the playoffs while your team is out playing golf!

Kinzua
06-13-2006, 04:15 PM

The not so sad part is that when Daunte tanks, the Fish will have Joey to ride to the rescue!!! Oh, nooooooooooo!!! Sorry, if there was a worse QB to put your Super Bowl hopes on than Daunte, it would be Joey Harrington!:sidelol:

I think by the end of the season, the Finlanders will wish they had either Ears or Ferret still on their roster. It will be another year of shoulda-woulda-coulda --- :D

Disnardo
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM

Wow, where did you find these stats at?...

I rally want to know where, in what website?

Anyways... we like what we see in DC why? it's simple math...

In games lost by Dolphins' starters from 2000-2005= 26 TDS, and 52 INTS...and 4 winning seasons...

In games lost by Vikings with DC= 54 TDS, and 52 INTS...Only 3 winning seasons...

You think the fins could have won a few more games with those stats that DC had?

You think that with DC's play, as bad as he did, is still 200 times better than what we had in the past?

The numbers don't lie, we fans prefer DC's worst than the best than any other of our starters in the past...

Disnardo
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM
The not so sad part is that when Daunte tanks, the Fish will have Joey to ride to the rescue!!! Oh, nooooooooooo!!! Sorry, if there was a worse QB to put your Super Bowl hopes on than Daunte, it would be Joey Harrington!:sidelol:

I think by the end of the season, the Finlanders will wish they had either Ears or Ferret still on their roster. It will be another year of shoulda-woulda-coulda --- :D
Nothing but a wonderfull dream for an NFL fan... What time do you want your wake up call?...:wink:

Blurch
06-13-2006, 05:14 PM

Culpepper doesn't need an elite WR to succeed. Culpepper's best year came when he had the best depth (no elite WRs), Chambers/Booker/McMichael/Hagan/Welker/Brown/Campbell etc. is really good depth. Try comparing our 3rd, 4th and 5th receiving options to what the Vikings had from '00-'05.

What are you talking about. Moss was a big part of Daunte's Pro Bowl year in 04. He wasn't used solely to catch Culpepper's up for grabs long passes. The main thing he was used for is to draw coverage away from other receivers.
He was double (sometimes triple) teamed on every play which left Daunte with a lot of open pass targets, including running backs which he frequently dumped off to after holding onto the ball until the pocket collapsed. Moss's only bad year was last year when he was injury prone. His best years are behind him, but he was probably the best to ever play the game in his prime.
You see what happened to Daunte last season when he faced mostly man/man coverage. He was like a dear in the headlights. He didn't know who to throw to when his primary receiver was covered. So unless you have a Moss caliber receiver (Chambers is great but he's no Moss) to constantly draw double coverage, you better expect a lot of turnovers. Or maybe just hope for a fantastic running game (oops I forgot, your running game moved to Canada).

Breed
06-13-2006, 05:15 PM

Culpepper may or may not turn out, but it's hard to overhype a career 91.5 QB rating. A lot of people have tried to discredit what Culpepper has done because he's had Moss, which has always been a BS argument. Other than Brady, most QBs that put up big numbers have had top WRs. Marino went through a stretch where he had Clayton and Duper, Montana and Young had Rice, Manning has had Harrison and Wayne, Warner went from Holt/Bruce/Faulk/Az Hakim etc. to Boldin/Fitzgerald in Arizona, Palmer has Johnson/Houshmandzadeh etc.

ill give you the fact that most of dauntes offense was just throw it up deep and hope your guy gets it. and luckly for him they did.

Do you have any idea how assinine you sound?

"The fact that most of Daunte's offense was just throw it deep and hope your guy gets it"? You can't complete 64.37% of your passes by just throwing it deep and hoping your guy gets it. Lucky for his WRs, they had an accurate QB to get them the ball; I can't even count the times Fiedler/Feeley/Frerotte etc. over/under threw Chambers by a good 10-15 yards. When was the last time one of our QBs hit one of our WRs in stride for a big completion? In stride, meaning the target (WR/TE etc.) doesn't have to slow down to get the ball.

i also agree that he disappears in crunch time if theres pressure on him.

What do you base your assumption on?

i do understand that there is a reason that minny wanted rid of him and we were the only ones willing to give up a second for him (which if he is so great i dont understand why we were the only ones).

The Titans and Raiders were also very interested in Culpepper, but he wanted to come here.

what no one around here seems to realize is that it was his turnovers that helped lead to minny giving up so many points every year. he has great talent i just hope his brain can catch up with his arm.[/QUOTE]

Yes, turnovers do have an impact on the defense, but you can't turn chicken $hit (Vikings defense) into chcken salad. Favre and Culpepper have almost identical turnover rates, yet Favre has been on some very good defensive teams.

Blurch
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
[quote=Breed]
The Titans and Raiders were also very interested in Culpepper, but he wanted to come here.

The Raiders had zero interest. The Titans sniffed around but never made any serious attempt to negotiate with the Vikings. Even the Dolphins had no interest until they lost Brees to N.O. Gimme a break.

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
[quote=Breed]

The Raiders had zero interest. The Titans sniffed around but never made any serious attempt to negotiate with the Vikings. Even the Dolphins had no interest until they lost Brees to N.O. Gimme a break.

The Dolphins interest at getting Culpepper as a QB was in the works for a long time when they still had Linehan as their OC...when he left, they started to show more interest in Brees. Then the Dolphins signed Daunte first before Brees signed with NO.....I agree that he(brees) probably wanted too much$$ and they couldn't work out a deal, so they went with Daunte, but they still signed him first and showed interest long before they signed him.

finintheburgh
06-13-2006, 06:12 PM
[quote=Breed]Culpepper may or may not turn out, but it's hard to overhype a career 91.5 QB rating. A lot of people have tried to discredit what Culpepper has done because he's had Moss, which has always been a BS argument. Other than Brady, most QBs that put up big numbers have had top WRs. Marino went through a stretch where he had Clayton and Duper, Montana and Young had Rice, Manning has had Harrison and Wayne, Warner went from Holt/Bruce/Faulk/Az Hakim etc. to Boldin/Fitzgerald in Arizona, Palmer has Johnson/Houshmandzadeh etc.

"The fact that most of Daunte's offense was just throw it deep and hope your guy gets it"? You can't complete 64.37% of your passes by just throwing it deep and hoping your guy gets it. Lucky for his WRs, they had an accurate QB to get them the ball; I can't even count the times Fiedler/Feeley/Frerotte etc. over/under threw Chambers by a good 10-15 yards. When was the last time one of our QBs hit one of our WRs in stride for a big completion? In stride, meaning the target (WR/TE etc.) doesn't have to slow down to get the ball.

im not saying that moss made culpepper. i didnt even mention moss.but take a look at the numbers of the qbs who came before daunte. they were all pretty good even cunningham and jeff george looked good in minny.take a look at frerottes numbers when he replaced him.they dont look so bad either.the man played in a pass happy offence and his stats reflected it. i dont judge a player by the back of his football card. the man has great skills but he has never been a consistant winner.give me a guy who plays smart and doesnt turn the ball over so often. you cant judge a winner by how far he throws the ball or how pretty it looks in practice.
i hope im wrong and this guy leads us to the sb but i think hell chock if theres to much pressure on him

Kinzua
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM

That's been been the knock on Culpepper for a while. He threw the ball up and hoped Moss or one of the other WRs came down with it.

Yes, turnovers do have an impact on the defense, but you can't turn chicken $hit (Vikings defense) into chcken salad. Favre and Culpepper have almost identical turnover rates, yet Favre has been on some very good defensive teams.

I don't know, they had as long a winning streak as the Fishies after Daunte got hurt, and they almost made the playoffs!

Moreover, in Daunte's 7 starts (2-5), the Vikes averaged only 14.7 points and gave up an average of 27.6 points. In all 5 of their losses under Daunte, they failed to score at least 2 TDs. In the 9 games Brad Johnson played (7-2), the Vikes averaged 22.6 points and only gave up 16.8 points. In 8 of 9 games under Johnson they scored at least 2 TDs, and in 7 of 9 scored at least 3 TDs.

Hmmm... maybe you want to check on what was the chicken $hit! :sidelol:

Breed
06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
What are you talking about. Moss was a big part of Daunte's Pro Bowl year in 04. He wasn't used solely to catch Culpepper's up for grabs long passes. The main thing he was used for is to draw coverage away from other receivers.).

Opposing teams didn't respect Moss as much once he had that ankle injury, he didn't have the same explosiveness he once had.

He was double (sometimes triple) teamed on every play which left Daunte with a lot of open pass targets, including running backs which he frequently dumped off to after holding onto the ball until the pocket collapsed.

Moss was not triple covered in '04, and while he was double covered on occasion, he certainly wasn't double covered like he was from '98-03. Once the ankle injury occured, teams just didn't give him the respect he once had.

Moss's only bad year was last year when he was injury prone.

I wouldn't call last year a "bad" year, but it certainly wasn't up to his standard. Moss did have 767 receiving yards in 11 games in '04, not exactly Moss like.

You see what happened to Daunte last season when he faced mostly man/man coverage. He was like a dear in the headlights. he didn't know who to throw to when his primary receiver was covered. So unless you have a Moss caliber receiver (Chambers is great but he's no Moss) to constantly draw double coverage, you better expect a lot of turnovers.

What about the 5 games without Randy Moss in 2004?

113/166 (68.1 completion %), 1,179 yards (7.1 yards per attempt), 9 TD's and 3 INT. 98.95 QB rating.

Or maybe just hope for a fantastic running game (oops I forgot, your running game moved to Canada).

Ronnie Brown-207 carries for 907 yards (4.38 ypc)
Ricky Williams-168 carries for 743 yards (4.42 ypc)

I have no worries about our running game.

Blurch
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM
[quote=Blurch]

The Dolphins interest at getting Culpepper as a QB was in the works for a long time when they still had Linehan as their OC...when he left, they started to show more interest in Brees. Then the Dolphins signed Daunte first before Brees signed with NO.....I agree that he(brees) probably wanted too much$$ and they couldn't work out a deal, so they went with Daunte, but they still signed him first and showed interest long before they signed him.

Twist it around anyway you want, DC was the Dolphins 2nd & last choice

Perfect23
06-13-2006, 06:35 PM
[quote=Saban in '06]

We still got him.

Breed
06-13-2006, 06:38 PM
That's been been the knock on Culpepper for a while. He threw the ball up and hoped Moss or one of the other WRs came down with it.:

So Culpepper completes 64.4% of his passes averaging 7.73 ypa during his career and his knock is he just throws the ball up hoping it gets caught? Talk about a BS argument.

Moreover, in Daunte's 7 starts (2-5), the Vikes averaged only 14.7 points and gave up an average of 27.6 points. In all 5 of their losses under Daunte, they failed to score at least 2 TDs. In the 9 games Brad Johnson played (7-2), the Vikes averaged 22.6 points and only gave up 16.8 points. In 8 of 9 games under Johnson they scored at least 2 TDs, and in 7 of 9 scored at least 3 TDs.
Hmmm... maybe you want to check on what was the chicken $hit! :sidelol:

Talk about skewing numbers, Culpepper barely played the 7th game. Culpepper went 3/4 for 28 passing yards. It would be more accurate to say Culpepper was 2-4 while Johnson was 7-3.

So Brad Johnson is better than Culpepper based on a total of 6 games Culpepper played last year.......:rolleyes:

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
[quote=Blurch]

We still got him.

:yeahthat:

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
[quote=Saban in '06]

Actually, thats kind of what I said, but just bringing up the FACT that Culpepper was considered LONG before the trade was made because you didn't seem to know that...that's all...besides getting your second choice at a cheaper price really isn't all that bad!!! I mean Cleveland drafted Tim Couch in 1999...I'll bet they wish they had gone with their second choice...or third...or 150th!

Breed
06-13-2006, 06:48 PM

Culpepper was our 2nd choice and therefore was our last choice....huh....

If Brees were our 1st choice, would he then be our 2nd to last choice for QB? :goof:

Blurch
06-13-2006, 06:49 PM
[quote=Breed]Culpepper may or may not turn out, but it's hard to overhype a career 91.5 QB rating. A lot of people have tried to discredit what Culpepper has done because he's had Moss, which has always been a BS argument. Other than Brady, most QBs that put up big numbers have had top WRs. Marino went through a stretch where he had Clayton and Duper, Montana and Young had Rice, Manning has had Harrison and Wayne, Warner went from Holt/Bruce/Faulk/Az Hakim etc. to Boldin/Fitzgerald in Arizona, Palmer has Johnson/Houshmandzadeh etc.

im not saying that moss made culpepper. i didnt even mention moss.but take a look at the numbers of the qbs who came before daunte. they were all pretty good even cunningham and jeff george looked good in minny.take a look at frerottes numbers when he replaced him.they dont look so bad either.the man played in a pass happy offence and his stats reflected it. i dont judge a player by the back of his football card. the man has great skills but he has never been a consistant winner.give me a guy who plays smart and doesnt turn the ball over so often. you cant judge a winner by how far he throws the ball or how pretty it looks in practice.
i hope im wrong and this guy leads us to the sb but i think hell chock if theres to much pressure on him

DING-DING-DING We have a winner. You hit the nail right on the head.
This is exactly what I've been trying to tell Vikings fans here for 7 years.
But people see what they want to see. Especially when it comes to pro sports. Culpepper is an average QB with a great arm. The problem is that so many fans (and Daunte too) think he's an elite QB, which he never was or ever will be. He was an average QB who demanded to be paid like an elite QB. This helped screw up the salary cap for the rest of the team, and then he couldn't deliver. He would be fine if he would play for $1 - 2 million/year, and then the team could go after more free agents. But he thinks he's worth $10 million/year minimum. He held out of training camp last year (1 day) until Zygi Wilf agreed to give him a $6-1/2 miilion bonus, and then he repayed the favor by going 2-5 and throwing 12 INT's before getting hurt.

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 06:50 PM

If Brees were our 1st choice, would he then be our 2nd to last choice for QB? :goof:

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:good point!!!

Blurch
06-13-2006, 07:00 PM

If Brees were our 1st choice, would he then be our 2nd to last choice for QB?
:goof:

O.K. you tell me. Besides Brees and Culpepper who else were you negotiating with? And I said negotiating, not talking to. And by the way, I don't know if Brees actually inked the contact with N.O. before Culpepper did with Maimi, but Brees agreed to terms with N.O. before Maimi signed Culpepper. Miami couldn't afford Brees. I followed this whole thing very closely because I was worried that Minnesota would be stuck with DC, and if the Dolphins wouldn't have made the trade we would have been stuck with him. There were no other offers. (Hmmm, wonder why that is?). There was actually speculation up here that if the Dolphins backed out, the Vikings might simply release Culpepper. You probably could've saved yourself a 2nd round draft choice.

cnc66
06-13-2006, 07:05 PM
[quote=Saban in '06]

bullcrap, you don't have a clue, you nothing more than a hater out trolling.

Blurch
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
[quote=Blurch]

We still got him.

And we thank you for that

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
O.K. you tell me. Besides Brees and Culpepper who else were you negotiating with? And I said negotiating, not talking to. And by the way, I don't know if Brees actually inked the contact with N.O. before Culpepper did with Maimi, but Brees agreed to terms with N.O. before Maimi signed Culpepper. Miami couldn't afford Brees. I followed this whole thing very closely because I was worried that Minnesota would be stuck with DC, and if the Dolphins wouldn't have made the trade we would have been stuck with him. There were no other offers. (Hmmm, wonder why that is?). There was actually speculation up here that if the Dolphins backed out, the Vikings might simply release Culpepper. You probably could've saved yourself a 2nd round draft choice.

OK. There were too really good pro bowl QB's out there...culpepper and brees....both a bit of a risk coming off of injuries...one got brees(do you really think he's worth $10 mil a year) and another team got Culpepper....they both made out as far as I'm concerned! You're obviously pissed about something...if you hated Culpepper so much, you wouldn't continously keep talking about him, starting threads on other team's website about him..if you're so happy he's gone, then shut up and be happy that you're rid of him already!!!

finintheburgh
06-13-2006, 07:11 PM
[quote=Blurch]

bullcrap, you don't have a clue, you nothing more than a hater out trolling.

hes right if you take away the money part.brees was clearly the first choice, infact it was reported that the reason miami was interested in daunte was because we felt that we didnt have a chance to get cutler in the draft.

Shula Come Back!
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
i think the quotes are getting messed up here because blurch is not the original poster of "bullcrap... "and i certainly did not originally post "twist it around..."

cnc66
06-13-2006, 07:15 PM
hes right if you take away the money part.brees was clearly the first choice, infact it was reported that the reason miami was interested in daunte was because we felt that we didnt have a chance to get cutler in the draft.

bull, we were dealing with Breeze first because we weren't allowed to examine Daunte. He failed our pysical and was to expensive...

reported where...?? neither one of can prove any of what you are saying.

finintheburgh
06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
bull, we were dealing with Breeze first because we weren't allowed to examine Daunte. He failed our pysical and was to expensive...

reported where...?? neither one of can prove any of what you are saying.

then why was it that only after we seen brees did we make a trade for daunte.it was well known that brees was our first choice.
i am not going to waste my time looking for links to prove you wrong, by the way can you prove that daunte was our first choice

Breed
06-13-2006, 07:54 PM
im not saying that moss made culpepper. i didnt even mention moss.but take a look at the numbers of the qbs who came before daunte. they were all pretty good even cunningham and jeff george looked good in minny.

When Jeff George signed with the Vikings (1999) he was 1 year removed from a 91.2 QB rating, just 3.2 points lower than his 1999 QB rating; George was a very solid QB from '94 to '99. Randall Cunningham had an 81.5 career QB rating, Brad Johnson has an 84.4 QB rating at this point in his career. Cunningham went from a 106 QB rating in '98 to a 79.1 QB rating in '99 with the same great weapons. It's one thing putting up big numbers over 625 (or less) passing attempts, it's quite another thing to put up a 91.5 QB rating over 2,607 passing attempts with lesser weapons (as compared to the '98-99 Vikings).

Even when Culpepper had Moss and Carter, his overall receiving options still weren't as good as the '98-99 Vikings. You don't think having a younger Chris Carter (2-3 years younger) and the best #3 WR in the game (at the time) in Jake Reed had anything to do with their success?

D'wayne Bates was Culpepper's #2 WR in 2002, here's his career line:

80 receptions, 1,061 yards and 6 TDs, all this in 47 games games. D'wayne Bates lasted 4 years in the NFL, his best season was in '02 when he had 689 receiving yards (14 games); his next best season was in 2001 when he had 160 receiving yards in 11 games. D'wayne Bates was the definition of a practice squad WR. If you think that's bad, you should look at some of Culpepper's other options.

take a look at frerottes numbers when he replaced him.they dont look so bad either.

He had 65 passing attempts with the Vikings, big deal. Only a fool would judge from a sample size that small.

the man played in a pass happy offence and his stats reflected it.

I'm sure anybody playing in a pass happy offense can complete 64.4% of his passes and average 7.73 yards per attempt.

i dont judge a player by the back of his football card.

I didn't know they showed QB rating on the back of football cards.

the man has great skills but he has never been a consistant winner.

....and his defense didn't have anything to do with his losing record:rolleyes2

give me a guy who plays smart and doesnt turn the ball over so often. you cant judge a winner by how far he throws the ball or how pretty it looks in practice.

So you wouldn't want Brett Favre in his prime?

finintheburgh
06-13-2006, 09:28 PM
When Jeff George signed with the Vikings (1999) he was 1 year removed from a 91.2 QB rating, just 3.2 points lower than his 1999 QB rating; George was a very solid QB from '94 to '99. Randall Cunningham had an 81.5 career QB rating, Brad Johnson has an 84.4 QB rating at this point in his career. Cunningham went from a 106 QB rating in '98 to a 79.1 QB rating in '99 with the same great weapons. It's one thing putting up big numbers over 625 (or less) passing attempts, it's quite another thing to put up a 91.5 QB rating over 2,607 passing attempts with lesser weapons (as compared to the '98-99 Vikings).

Even when Culpepper had Moss and Carter, his overall receiving options still weren't as good as the '98-99 Vikings. You don't think having a younger Chris Carter (2-3 years younger) and the best #3 WR in the game (at the time) in Jake Reed had anything to do with their success?

D'wayne Bates was Culpepper's #2 WR in 2002, here's his career line:

80 receptions, 1,061 yards and 6 TDs, all this in 47 games games. D'wayne Bates lasted 4 years in the NFL, his best season was in '02 when he had 689 receiving yards (14 games); his next best season was in 2001 when he had 160 receiving yards in 11 games. D'wayne Bates was the definition of a practice squad WR. If you think that's bad, you should look at some of Culpepper's other options.

He had 65 passing attempts with the Vikings, big deal. Only a fool would judge from a sample size that small.

I'm sure anybody playing in a pass happy offense can complete 64.4% of his passes and average 7.73 yards per attempt.

I didn't know they showed QB rating on the back of football cards.

....and his defense didn't have anything to do with his losing record:rolleyes2

So you wouldn't want Brett Favre in his prime?

only a moron would compare culpepper to farve. there not even in the same league.so please stop that stupid comparasion.
his defense would not have given up so many points if he didnt turn the ball over so often.he put them in to many bad situations.
the great qbs find ways to win.they dont need superstar recievers.farve didnt always have good recievers neither did brady. even brees found ways to win without a top notch reciever. so please stop crying about his past teammates.sometimes its the qb who makes the reciever

FinaticalOne
06-14-2006, 07:56 AM

Wrong as usual. If there was a worse QB to put our Super Bowl hopes on than Daunte, it would be JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, or Craig Nall. :lol: The sad part for Bills fans is that all three of your QBs wouldn't make our roster. JP might make the practice squad but that's about it.

Please don't think, you know it's not your strongpoint :lol:

cnc66
06-14-2006, 09:41 AM
then why was it that only after we seen brees did we make a trade for daunte.it was well known that brees was our first choice.
i am not going to waste my time looking for links to prove you wrong, by the way can you prove that daunte was our first choice

because you can't...

Blurch
06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
OK. There were too really good pro bowl QB's out there...culpepper and brees....both a bit of a risk coming off of injuries...one got brees(do you really think he's worth $10 mil a year) and another team got Culpepper....they both made out as far as I'm concerned! You're obviously pissed about something...if you hated Culpepper so much, you wouldn't continously keep talking about him, starting threads on other team's website about him..if you're so happy he's gone, then shut up and be happy that you're rid of him already!!!

More than Duante is worth $7 million/yr.

I'm very happy, Thank you.

fin1
06-14-2006, 01:00 PM

Betcha won't be at th end of the season. Good Luck with journeyman. Maybe he'll sing "Open Arms" to you.:lol:

Blurch
06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Betcha won't be at th end of the season. Good Luck with journeyman. Maybe he'll sing "Open Arms" to you.:lol:

Hey, Brad's got a ring. We'll do just fine :tongue:

Colorado Dolfan
06-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Miami decided that Brees was too expensive and not worth the money considering his injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368259

The Dolphins decided to stop waiting for Chargers quarterback Drew Brees (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5479) to lower his contract demands and opted to give the Vikings a second-round choice to acquire quarterback Daunte Culpepper (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4659).

http://football.about.com/b/a/251954.htm

With the Miami Dolphins (http://football.about.com/od/teamneeds/a/teamneeds_MIA.htm) dropping out of the Drew Brees derby, the New Orleans Saints were able to come to an agreement with the former Chargers QB on (according to ESPN (http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story%3Fid=2368304)) a six-year, $60 million deal that includes an $8 million signing bonus and a 2006 base salary of $2 million.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Brees

After his injury, San Diego Chargers General Manager, A.J. Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Smith) told Brees the team wanted him back to full strength and that they wanted him to lead them to a championship. Brees, an eligible free-agent saw the request as a sign that he would be back in a Chargers uniform. However, as negotiations began between Brees, his agent Tom Condon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Condon) and the Chargers, it became apparent that Chargers were more concerned about Brees' injury then they had previously let on. The team apparently offered Brees a 5-year contract with 2 Million dollars guaranteed and the rest heavily based on incentives. Brees took the incentive-based offer as a sign of no-confidence by the Chargers and promptly demanded the type of money a top 5 quarterback would receive. After the Chargers refused to increase their offer, he met with other teams. New Orleans and Miami got into a bidding war, but when Brees refused to accept the suspicious results of grueling 6-hour physical in Miami, the Dolphins pulled the trigger on a trade for Daunte Culpepper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daunte_Culpepper). Brees then quickly signed a 6-year, 60 million dollar deal with the New Orleans Saints (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Saints) on March 14, 2006. The Saints hope the former Comeback Player of the Year can improve the team and lead them in to the playoffs. And Brees claims he is impressed by the teams newfound commitment to winning and their confidence in him as a player.

Sounds like the 'Phins may have wanted Brees more but decided he wasn't worth the asking price since he essentially failed the physical they gave him. He didn't like the results and refused to budge on his asking price, so the 'Phins dropped their offer... BEFORE Brees made a deal with the Saints.

Blurch
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Miami decided that Brees was too expensive and not worth the money considering his injury

Sounds like the 'Phins may have wanted Brees more but decided he wasn't worth the asking price since he essentially failed the physical they gave him. He didn't like the results and refused to budge on his asking price, so the 'Phins dropped their offer... BEFORE Brees made a deal with the Saints.

We're starting to split hairs now, but if the Dolphins and Saints were in a bidding war for Brees and the Dolpins gave up and decided to go after Culpepper, that essentially means that the Brees became a N.O. Saint before anything was worked out between Culpepper, the Vikings and Miami.
Like I said before, I don't know the exact hour that Brees signed his N.O. contract, but he was definitely a Saint well before Culpepper became a Dolphin.

cnc66
06-14-2006, 04:15 PM
We're starting to split hairs now, but if the Dolphins and Saints were in a bidding war for Brees and the Dolpins gave up and decided to go after Culpepper, that essentially means that the Brees became a N.O. Saint before anything was worked out between Culpepper, the Vikings and Miami.
Like I said before, I don't know the exact hour that Brees signed his N.O. contract, but he was definitely a Saint well before Culpepper became a Dolphin.

you are efn dense as hell aren't you...go the ef away you idiot, we don't give a frig what your loser self thinks. Go hang out with Brad and Rick...maybe you can get a three way bugger going.

Colorado Dolfan
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM

Three quotes that say the 'Phins dropped the deal and you still insist on the charade that Brees dropped the 'Phins! Enjoy living in your fantasy world...:rolleyes2 :lol:

You know, you can be in a bidding war for a QB and still be working a trade for another QB... It's called multi-tasking... The above quotes don't say that Miami decided against Brees and then started pursuing Culpepper. Culpepper was a done deal 3 minutes after Miami decided Brees wasn't worth it...

So now who's splitting hairs? Brees was shown the door by the 'Phins and had to go to the Saints. Sure, Daunte had to still pass a physical to make sure the trade was valid, but the trade was made first.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5411538

The trade is contingent upon Culpepper passing a physical, and took Miami out of the running for free-agent quarterback Drew Brees. Shortly after the trade, Brees agreed to terms with the Saints on a six-year deal. That deal, team sources said, will lead the Saints to explore trades for the No. 2 overall pick.

Blurch
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
[quote=Colorado Dolfan]Three quotes that say the 'Phins dropped the deal and you still insist on the charade that Brees dropped the 'Phins! Enjoy living in your fantasy world...:rolleyes2 :lol:

You know, you can be in a bidding war for a QB and still be working a trade for another QB... It's called multi-tasking... The above quotes don't say that Miami decided against Brees and then started pursuing Culpepper. Culpepper was a done deal 3 minutes after Miami decided Brees wasn't worth it...

So now who's splitting hairs? Brees was shown the door by the 'Phins and had to go to the Saints. Sure, Daunte had to still pass a physical to make sure the trade was valid, but the trade was made first.

Where did I ever say that Brees dropped the Dolphins? Talk about living in a fantasy world. Look I'll say this as simple as I can for you. The Dolphins and Saints were in a bidding war for Brees. The Dolphins backed out. I'm sure that we can agree up to this point. Here's where you seem to get confused,
the minute that the Dolphins dropped out of the bidding war, Brees became a Saint. He didn't start negotiating with the Saints, he was a N.O. Saint. It doesn't matter if the Dolphins agreed to terms with Daunte 2 minutes later.
Brees was a Saint before Daunte was a Dolphin. Neither one of us know exactly when Daunte or Brees actually signed the paper. Anyway, the whole point of this was that the Dolphins wanted Brees as their QB. Daunte was the consolation prize.

Please now - no maas

cnc66
06-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Where did I ever say that Brees dropped the Dolphins? Talk about living in a fantasy world. Look I'll say this as simple as I can for you. The Dolphins and Saints were in a bidding war for Brees. The Dolphins backed out. I'm sure that we can agree up to this point. Here's where you seem to get confused,
the minute that the Dolphins dropped out of the bidding war, Brees became a Saint. He didn't start negotiating with the Saints, he was a N.O. Saint. It doesn't matter if the Dolphins agreed to terms with Daunte 2 minutes later.
Brees was a Saint before Daunte was a Dolphin. Neither one of us know exactly when Daunte or Brees actually signed the paper.

Please now - no maas

when Miami informed Brees he did not pass our physical we told him, "we don't need your services thank you." At this point, Brees asked to talk to NO before Miami announced his failure of our physical. Miami honored this request.

so go piss up a rope ya dope.

Blurch
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
when Miami informed Brees he did not pass our physical we told him, "we don't need your services thank you." At this point, Brees asked to talk to NO before Miami announced his failure of our physical. Miami honored this request.

so go piss up a rope ya dope.

N.O. had a six year - $60 million offer on the table for Brees when Miami backed out.

Why do you waste your time posting inaccurate s h i t?
Did you even bother to read any of the links from Colorado Dolfan? The information is all in there if you can read. But you would rather make
s h i t up so you can prove what an impotent moron you are.

cnc66
06-14-2006, 06:23 PM
N.O. had a six year - $60 million offer on the table for Brees when Miami backed out.

Why do you waste your time posting inacurate s h i t?
Did you even bother to read any of the links from Colorado Dolfan? The information is all in there if you can read. But you would rather make
s h i t up so you can prove what an impotent
moron you are.

blow me blurpch...actually I think he efn BEGGED Miami not to tell on him so he could RIP OFF N.O. for the money...but no matter, we got the right guy and you have who running the show...some old guy who?....

you had an uncle Ernie that looks like Daunte didn't you?

Blurch
06-14-2006, 06:30 PM
blow me blurpch...actually I think he efn BEGGED Miami not to tell on him so he could RIP OFF N.O. for the money...but no matter, we got the right guy and you have who running the show...some old guy who?....

you had an uncle Ernie that looks like Daunte didn't you?

You didn't explain why you waste your time making s h i t up!!!

cnc66
06-14-2006, 06:57 PM
You didn't explain why you waste your time making s h i t up!!!

blurpch...Saban himself said all that, yer so schmart, find it yourself.

Kinzua
06-14-2006, 07:26 PM
blurpch...Saban himself said all that, yer so schmart, find it yourself.

Meaning you made that up, too, right? Post a link, FelonFan!

Colorado Dolfan
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Okay, my mistake, you never said Brees dropped the 'Phins... I guess that's just what I inferred from your posts...:wink:

On the table doesn't mean accepted. It's like saying an unemployed fry-cook puts in applications at Burger King and McDonalds... He's asking for quite a bit of money and he had injured his spatula hand recently. Both places give him offers... McDonalds checks him out and then trades for a fry-cook from Wendy's. The unemployed fry-cook is probably going to be picked up by Burger King because they have the money offered to him, but part of him still wants to still work at McD's... He hears that the Wendy's fry cook has been picked up and then accepts the BK deal. He didn't automatically become a Burger King employee when McD's said no deal...:lol:

Just like Brees... he was still an unsigned free-agent until he agreed to terms with NO. Culpepper was a Dolphin as soon as the trade happened... Things could have changed if he failed his physical, but he didn't. Just, IMO, of course... :D

Also, IMO... I think the 'Phins got their first pick at the price they wanted to pay. Perhaps Brees was their first choice, but the extent of his injury and his asking price made more important for the 'Phins to choose another proven QB without a shoulder injury for a lower price... So, yeah, Blurch... perhaps you're right... but I'm certain noone in the Dolphins organization is wishing we had picked up Brees now. I'm certain they are quite happy with the way things worked out...:cooldude:

Shula Come Back!
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM

You're still here???
You don't sound happy!!! I'm not saying Culpepper is the best QB in the NFL at all...i dont think anyone does, but you honestly think that Brees is worth 3 mil per year more??? why???

fin1
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Hey, Brad's got a ring. We'll do just fine :tongue:

My god you are so a jilly man aren't you? Don't try to disguise it. A Super Bowl ring by a person from another team is all your sorry a s s franchise is all you'll ever get. Minnesota and Buffalo red headed stepchildren of the NFL.

Blurch
06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
My god you are so a jilly man aren't you? Don't try to disguise it. A Super Bowl ring by a person from another team is all your sorry a s s franchise is all you'll ever get. Minnesota and Buffalo red headed stepchildren of the NFL.

It's hard to argue with you there. I'm just glad Suckallo lost 4 too, so we have company.

Blurch
06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
You're still here???
You don't sound happy!!! I'm not saying Culpepper is the best QB in the NFL at all...i dont think anyone does, but you honestly think that Brees is worth 3 mil per year more??? why???

I honestly don't think either one is worth more than $2 million a year. That was my main problem with Daunte when he was here. He just isn't a $10 million a year QB. As for Brees and N.O., the fact that they signed him to such a huge contract helps explain why the Saints are always at the bottom of the league.

Alex44
06-15-2006, 12:18 PM

Why do you waste your time posting inaccurate s h i t?
s h i t up so you can prove what an impotent moron you are.

Actually he didnt make anything up, Brees didnt pass our team physical, that is why we passed on him, You dont make trades in 3 minutes in the NFL, We were seeing how much it would take to get Culpepper even when we were negotiating with Brees.

Signing Brees would have been an idiotic move for 2 reasons

1- Contrary to what most people think Brees isnt a franchise QB. He can manage games...he will never win you one with his arm

2- He didnt pass our team physical

You can go on with whatever piece of **** QB you have, take it to another board and stop insulting your members, go to billszone im sure they will give you one up the *** just how you like it

Blurch
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Actually he didnt make anything up, Brees didnt pass our team physical, that is why we passed on him, You dont make trades in 3 minutes in the NFL, We were seeing how much it would take to get Culpepper even when we were negotiating with Brees.

1- Contrary to what most people think Brees isnt a franchise QB. He can manage games...he will never win you one with his arm

You can go on with whatever piece of **** QB you have, take it to another board and stop insulting your members, go to billszone im sure they will give you one up the *** just how you like it

Spin it any way you want. Culpepper was your 2nd choice, and for good reason. Enjoy the interceptions.:evil:

TotoreMexico
06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Spin it any way you want. Culpepper was your 2nd choice, and for good reason. Enjoy the interceptions.:evil:

:moon:

trate121hb
06-15-2006, 02:16 PM

whos the vikings qb again???? listen ur problems are way bigger than ours and culpepper when healthy is top 5 in the league

fin1
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM

Didn't we beat Brees' a s s last year? Looked real good throwing an int to a one armed man.:lol: Not a normal one armed man but still.......

Blurch
06-15-2006, 05:02 PM
whos the vikings qb again???? listen ur problems are way bigger than ours and culpepper when healthy is top 5 in the league

Most of the Vikings fans used to believe he was a top 5 QB too.
I think 2 or 3 of them still do believe it

Kinzua
06-15-2006, 06:12 PM

Maybe so, but at least he's smart enough to win more than a few with his head whereas Daunte will lose more with his than he wins with his arm!

Shula Come Back!
06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I honestly don't think either one is worth more than $2 million a year. That was my main problem with Daunte when he was here. He just isn't a $10 million a year QB. As for Brees and N.O., the fact that they signed him to such a huge contract helps explain why the Saints are always at the bottom of the league.

So who would you want QBing for the Vikings (nit manning or brady...someone who will actually be a free agent one day...those goes are staying right where they are)Are you happy with Brad?

muscle979
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe so, but at least he's smart enough to win more than a few with his head whereas Daunte will lose more with his than he wins with his arm!

How many games will Losman win with his head? He's no Shakespeare you know.

Colorado Dolfan
06-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Nope... he's a regular Norman Einstein...:tongue:

TotoreMexico
06-15-2006, 10:05 PM

Go back to the jillszone

Kinzua
06-15-2006, 10:15 PM

Nope... he's a regular Norman Einstein...:tongue:

Go back to the jillszone

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Truth hurts, huh???

Daunte's been in the league since 1999 and has started 80 games. Losman's been in the league since 2004 and has started 8 games.

tmny99
06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
This is a pointless thread. The Vikings traded a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick. That in itself is a travesty. And as for Culpepper being our second choice, that's BS. The team kept a close eye on both QBs and after further evaluation, they felt that Culpepper would be the better choice because Brees had an average arm before his injury, and there's no telling where it will be now. I was pulling for Culpepper the whole time, and I was glad when we made the deal. I read the other day and Brees was throwing 40 passes a day at a distance of 20 yds, but he felt that he lost arm strength. I didn't know he had arm strength to lose. We made the right choice, and you all will be eating the crow of your choice.

tmny99
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM

Truth hurts, huh???

Daunte's been in the league since 1999 and has started 80 games. Losman's been in the league since 2004 and has started 8 games.

As a Jills fan, I would be very concerned about your team's situation. You not only have a QB battle of Nall, Holcomb, and Losman, but your team squandered the draft as well. The Jills will be fighting to not be last in the AFC East for the next few years.

Colorado Dolfan
06-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Spin it any way you want. Culpepper was your 2nd choice, and for good reason. Enjoy the interceptions. :evil:

That’s like saying the hot blonde was your first choice to date over the not-quite-so-hot brunette. Then you found out the blonde was a *****, had every STD known to man, and used to be a guy… So, poor fella, you had to “settle” for the kind, modest, wholly female brunette.

The Dolphins wanted Brees first because of appearances. It appeared that he was the better QB. Just look at last year. However, once the Dolphins “got under the hood,” so to speak, they realized he had some issues. They probably would have still picked him up if he had dropped his demands for more pay, but the ‘Phins weren’t willing to pay that much for “damaged” goods. They had a better option, so they ran with it…

Colorado Dolfan
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM

Truth hurts, huh???

64.4% completion percentage in 80 games is still better than 49.8% in 8.

91.5 Career Rating is still better than 63.5. Hell, Daunte's rating in his craptastic 2005 was still a 72!:sidelol:

135 TDs/86 INTs (1.57/1) (1.68 TDs/game) is still a whole lot better than 8 TDs/9 INTs (.89/1) (1 TD/game)

Yeah, I'm crying in my beer...:sidelol:

I wish we had Loserman!!!:tantrum:

Kinzua
06-16-2006, 08:50 AM
This is a pointless thread. The Vikings traded a franchise QB for a 2nd round pick. That in itself is a travesty. And as for Culpepper being our second choice, that's BS. The team kept a close eye on both QBs and after further evaluation, they felt that Culpepper would be the better choice because Brees had an average arm before his injury, and there's no telling where it will be now. I was pulling for Culpepper the whole time, and I was glad when we made the deal. I read the other day and Brees was throwing 40 passes a day at a distance of 20 yds, but he felt that he lost arm strength. I didn't know he had arm strength to lose. We made the right choice, and you all will be eating the crow of your choice.

Teams don't trade "franchise QB"s. Period. At least not while they're considered "franchise QBs".

Kinzua
06-16-2006, 08:55 AM
As a Jills fan, I would be very concerned about your team's situation. You not only have a QB battle of Nall, Holcomb, and Losman, but your team squandered the draft as well. The Jills will be fighting to not be last in the AFC East for the next few years.

Well this post shows how much you know, but that's neither here nor there. What is funny is all you Fish Faithful thinking Fat Bennie Anderson is a "good pickup"!!! :sidelol:

Blurch
06-16-2006, 10:41 AM
So who would you want QBing for the Vikings (nit manning or brady...someone who will actually be a free agent one day...those goes are staying right where they are)Are you happy with Brad?

Brad's OK for one more year. I was hoping that the Vikings would trade up for Cutler or even Leinart, but they blew it and ended up with (what's his name )
Jackson, who IMO won't ever be a serious contender for starting QB. So we'll have to wait and see who is the best free agent QB available at the end of the season.

like2god
06-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Well this post shows how much you know, but that's neither here nor there. What is funny is all you Fish Faithful thinking Fat Bennie Anderson is a "good pickup"!!! :sidelol:
Brad's OK for one more year. I was hoping that the Vikings would trade up for Cutler or even Leinart, but they blew it and ended up with (what's his name )
Jackson, who IMO won't ever be a serious contender for starting QB. So we'll have to wait and see who is the best free agent QB available at the end of the season.

I think it's funny that a Bills fan and a Vikings fan are on a Dolphins board arguing with us. The morale of the fans in Barfalo and Minn. must be really low. Guys, why don't you two go somewhere else and argue over which one of your teams is going to get the 1st overall pick in next years draft.

Blurch
06-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I think it's funny that a Bills fan and a Vikings fan are on a Dolphins board arguing with us. The morale of the fans in Barfalo and Minn. must be really low. Guys, why don't you two go somewhere else and argue over which one of your teams is going to get the 1st overall pick in next years draft.

Who get's the first draft pick next year really depends on how many games Culpepper starts for you next season:lol:

TotoreMexico
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Who get's the first draft pick next year really depends on how many games Culpepper starts for you next season:lol:

:boring:

Colorado Dolfan
06-16-2006, 01:56 PM

True... because if Culpepper starts every game that's at least two losses for Buffalo... advantage: Minnesota...:D

like2god
06-16-2006, 01:59 PM

Really? Culpepper will be just fine. The Dolphins won't be picking anywhere near 1st for the next decade because we have this man in charge.
http://byroan.finheaven.com/saban2.jpg

Your team on the other hand is doomed forever because you have two incompetent boobs at the helm.

Enjoy your ride on Team Titanic. :wink:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Blurch
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Really? Culpepper will be just fine. The Dolphins won't be picking anywhere near 1st for the next decade because we have this man in charge.

Your team on the other hand is doomed forever because you have two incompetent boobs at the helm.

http://files.tagworld.com/620756b49fc5473049658fd1b3b48cb43d87.jpeg

Saban will soon be joining Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz in the "good college coach/horrible pro coach" club. And Huizenga, well he hired Wanstedt didn't he? And that was before he turned senile.:evil:

retired opfinistic
06-16-2006, 02:34 PM

http://files.tagworld.com/620756b49fc5473049658fd1b3b48cb43d87.jpegLOF'NL

finintheburgh
06-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Saban will soon be joining Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz in the "good college coach/horrible pro coach" club. And Huizenga, well he hired Wanstedt didn't he? And that was before he turned senile.:evil:

i thought you said you were a fins fan. now i agree with alot of what is being said about daunte but i dont think you should be going after the coachs. at least he is heading us in the right direction. now im not real excited about daunte. but we should be excited about the possibility of reaching the playoffs,which is about as far as i think were goino to go this year.
dont worry about comparing miami and minny. it will take minny some time to get things going but they may be better off without him in the long run. just relax and stop bad mouthing the whole fins team. we know you dont like daunte neither do i but you wont see me talking bad about the whole team

EBMisfit
06-17-2006, 10:39 PM

:sidelol:Of course, he/she/it figured all of this out only after Culpepper had been traded to the Dolphins. Before that, he/she/it probably considered Culpepper one of the best QB's in the league.

EBMisfit
06-17-2006, 10:58 PM
id rather take my chances with saban, then listen to your sorry a** coach, now go back to your hole before we have to beat your a** in another superbowl.With Childish and the Man who Orchestrated a Second-round pick for Feeley trade at the helm, it's probably going to be awhilie before the Vikes even sniff the playoffs, not to mention getting to the SB so that the 'Phins can kick their sorry backsides. Guess he/she/it is just going to have to settle for a regular season beatdown by the 'Phins every four years.

EBMisfit
06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Anyone on here notice that B-lurch sounds a hell of a lot lik B-lo.Actually, he/she/it reminds more of nyjunc (as well as some of the Harrington detractors) in ignoring how poorly the rest of the team played, if a team loses a game, it must be entirely the QB's fault.

EBMisfit
06-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Moss was the main ingredient of the offense, and remember what happened to your new Franchise QB last season, his only season without Moss?You remember what happened that season that Moss missed three games and played sparsely in three others? Oh, yeah... Culpepper had his best year.

fin1
06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Actually, he/she/it reminds more of nyjunc (as well as some of the Harrington detractors) in ignoring how poorly the rest of the team played, if a team loses a game, it must be entirely the QB's fault.

Yeah but he/she/it does have that stupid jilly man logic sprinkled with homophobe overtones. You know likew in the movie stripes "any of you ***** feel like touching me, I'll kill ya" "Settle down Clarence"

EBMisfit
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
True... because if Culpepper starts every game that's at least two losses for Buffalo... advantage: Minnesota...:DOn the other hand, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him starting against the Vikes, so that will cut into that advantage by a game.