PDA

View Full Version : Anti-War? or just Anti-Bush?

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Interesting article from a University of Kentucky student....

Full article (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82258,00.html)

As I have watched more and more of these events, I have become convinced that the majority of these folks are not really anti-war, but, in fact, anti-Bush.

Something tells me that if president Al Gore were in the same situation, many of the people at these "peace" rallies would be throwing war parties.

Perhaps he's not too far off base?

t2thejz
03-28-2003, 08:47 AM
I would say that is right. I think about 60% of these protesters wouldnt be protesting if it was clinton or gore

Penthos
03-28-2003, 10:38 AM
I think there are several types who are all joining together....

Anti-War: They against all war and violence no matter what... Watch out for them, they'll kill you if you get in their way.

Anti-"This War at this time"... These people realize that in times, war is necessary, but still in this case feel that different kinds of pressures could have been used to make Saddam comply. AND/OR they believe that the Motives are "other than" stated... i.e. Oil Control, Vendetta, Reconstruction Contracts, Distraction from the state of the Economy... and other wag the dog type theories...

Anit-Bush... Self explanatory

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by 13isgr81

Anti-War: They against all war and violence no matter what... Watch out for them, they'll kill you if you get in their way)

Anti-"This War at this time"... These people realize that in times, war is necessary, but still in this case that different kinds of pressures could have been used to Saddam comply. AND/OR they believe that the Motives are "other than" stated... i.e. Oil Control, Vendetta, Reconstruction Contracts, Distraction from the state of the Economy... and other wag the dog type theories...

I fully agree....but I think the question is "what percentage of each group makes up the whole anti-war movement"?

Barbarian
03-29-2003, 12:41 AM
I dunno, it's funny, because I'm Anti-Bush, but for this conflict...

I guess I'm all kinds of turned around eh?

Dolfan984
03-29-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm the same way as you Barbarian. :P

DolFan31
03-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Im "anti-war at this time" and i dont think they would go to war for oil,maybe votes? maybe all the above? i just think they are other ways than war.

shelby
03-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately, war seems to be the only solution. i am not a huge fan of Bush, but he is my President, and i support him. Our troops are dying over there....they need our support, not a bunch of stupid :angry:ing protests telling them they are morally wrong to do what they are commanded to do.

IMO.

WharfRat
03-29-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Unfortunately, war seems to be the only solution. i am not a huge fan of Bush, but he is my President, and i support him. Our troops are dying over there....they need our support, not a bunch of stupid :angry:ing protests telling them they are morally wrong to do what they are commanded to do.

IMO.

Well said shelby!!!! :up: :patriot:

shelby
03-29-2003, 11:52 PM
:D thank you.

iceblizzard69
03-29-2003, 11:55 PM

IMO.

:up:

I feel the same way, except I like Bush (although I think we could do better, but his opponents were worse).

shelby
03-29-2003, 11:58 PM
Good point there ice....

WharfRat
03-30-2003, 12:00 AM
Good point there ice....

Indeed....

Marino1983
03-30-2003, 01:07 PM
You are ALL full of horsesh!t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shakeno: :rolleyes: :lol: :rofl: :jk: Marino1983

themole
03-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983
You are ALL full of horsesh!t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shakeno: :rolleyes: :lol: :rofl: :jk: Marino1983

Don't forget...I know your M.O.!:lol:

Marino1983
03-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by themole
Don't forget...I know your M.O.!:lol:

Who me ???? I am as innocent as a new born baby mole!!!!:lol: :evil:

How's things going with you mole? I haven't conversed with ya for awhile..... Actually I haven't talked with 06 in a while either, hum he must be avoiding me !:confused:

Whoops in keeping with the heading for this thread,, I fully support the war, most definitely support our troops,, but I do not support the incredibly LAME diplomacy enacted by the current administration !!!!!! Marino1983

themole
03-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Who me ???? I am as innocent as a new born baby mole!!!!:lol: :evil:

How's things going with you mole? I haven't conversed with ya for awhile..... Actually I haven't talked with 06 in a while either, hum he must be avoiding me !:confused:

Whoops in keeping with the heading for this thread,, I fully support the war, most definitely support our troops,, but I do not support the incredibly LAME diplomacy enacted by the current administration !!!!!! Marino1983

:D Ohh...! Excuse me! For a moment there I was under the impression you were looking for another "piss-ant" bed to kick.:evil: :lol:

As for me, I've been laying low and keeping abreast of the war. It's a terrible but necessary thing we must do to rid the Iraqi people of this evil man. I haven't spoken with 06 lately either.

Here's a starter for ya...I'm behind the Prez.:D

T-ROCK
03-30-2003, 10:48 PM
US population = 290,000,000

30% (give or take) are against the war...

that's roughly 90,000,000...

and we've seen about 2,000,000 TOTAL demonstartors in the US... I'm being very generous with that figure which represents less than 3% of those against the war... makes me wonder of that 30% opposed to the war, how many are just mildy opposed to it...

and why do self proclaimed "anti-war" demonstartors refer to those who are in support of the war as "Pro-War"???

Marino1983
03-31-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by themole
[Here's a starter for ya...I'm behind the Prez.:D [/B]

I am shocked mole !!! :goof: I mean didn't I see you protest against the war along side Ted Kennedy in Boston last weekend? :jk: Don't get your undies all up in a bunch now mole....:lol:

Did I kick the right "pissant bed" ??:rofl: :nana: :evil: Peace mole . Marino1983

themole
03-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I am shocked mole !!! :goof: I mean didn't I see you protest against the war along side Ted Kennedy in Boston last weekend? :jk: Don't get your undies all up in a bunch now mole....:lol:

Did I kick the right "pissant bed" ??:rofl: :nana: :evil: Peace mole . Marino1983

:rofl: No...that wasn't me m83. Wrong protest! According to some on this site you would have found me at the sing along with David Duke walk a thon over in Baton Rouge.:lol:

baccarat
03-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 13isgr81

Anti-War: They against all war and violence no matter what... Watch out for them, they'll kill you if you get in their way.

Anti-"This War at this time"... These people realize that in times, war is necessary, but still in this case feel that different kinds of pressures could have been used to make Saddam comply. AND/OR they believe that the Motives are "other than" stated... i.e. Oil Control, Vendetta, Reconstruction Contracts, Distraction from the state of the Economy... and other wag the dog type theories...

There's one more category: Anti-America. Some of these "peaceful protesters" just plain hate this country. How else can you explain burning our flag and defacing monuments of great American heroes? I'm not saying everybody against this war is like this but a few in this country and a lot in other countries(FRANCE) do feel this way.

I like to hear out respectful, logical, and reason backed stances, but I have NO respect for people who back their stance with spite.

ohall
03-31-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by booyeah_
There's one more category: Anti-America. Some of these "peaceful protesters" just plain hate this country. How else can you explain burning our flag and defacing monuments of great American heroes? I'm not saying everybody against this war is like this but a few in this country and a lot in other countries(FRANCE) do feel this way.

I like to hear out respectful, logical, and reason backed stances, but I have NO respect for people who back their stance with spite.

You haven't heard? Burning flags and bashing the government during times of war is the heights of being a patriotic American! :fire:

Oliver...

Dolfan984
03-31-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
You haven't heard? Burning flags and bashing the government during times of war is the heights of being a patriotic American! :fire:

Oliver...

Who said that?

dolfan06
04-01-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver... the height of being a patriotic american is being very pissed off at a flag burning, but recognizing the rights of somebody to do so! i still think its stupid, and he better not do it in my yard, i hate litter!:D