PDA

View Full Version : Connery Given Lifetime Achievement Award

BAMAPHIN 22
06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Hollywood's elite gathered to pay tribute to Sean Connery, who received The American Film Institute's annual lifetime achievement award.

Directors Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, and actors Harrison Ford, Andy Garcia and Mike Myers were among the stars who cheered on the legendary actor Thursday at the ceremony at the Kodak Theatre.

Myers wore a tuxedo jacket and a kilt to honor the Scottish actor.

``Men want to be him, women want him, and in my case I both want to be him and want him,'' Myers joked.

``He's extremely professional, very talented and has an amazingly strong presence on the screen,'' Lucas said from the red carpet.

Connery thanked the audience for ``one hell of an evening.''

``I got my big break when I was five years old, and it's taken more than 70 years to realize it,'' he said. ``At five I learned to read, and I would not be standing here without the books, plays and scripts.''

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1402&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060609%2F1352810838.htm&sc=1402&photoid=20060608LA102

CharlestonPhan
06-09-2006, 04:32 PM
good for Connery! he deserves it. though i did think it was in bad taste for him to say all those awful things about Alex Trebek and his mother at the event.

j/k (SNL reference.)