PDA

View Full Version : NY congressman calls US troops baby killers

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 12:41 PM
Thursday, March 27, 2003 10:13 p.m. EST
Rangel Slams U.S. Troops as Child Killers

Congressman Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., is accusing U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq of killing civilian women and children - in a series of allegations that includes the charge that President Bush is not qualified to be commander in chief.

"I just don't believe that you bomb women and children in order to enforce [the U.N. resolution on Iraq]," the Harlem Democrat told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" Thursday night.

When challenged on his claim that U.S. forces were killing Iraqi children, Rangel said sarcastically, "You're right. They're shooting themselves. They just don't know they're being liberated."

After accusing American GIs of what amounts to the commission of war crimes, Rangel then slammed President Bush as unqualified to lead the U.S. into war.

"With all due respect to the president, I don't think he has the experience for me to be listening to him on how the war's going or what we should be doing," the left-wing Democrat and Hillary Clinton ally complained. "It would be a tremendous stretch to say that I have an appreciation for the president's knowledge of international politics."

Penthos
03-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Yea, thats a bit much... as far as I know we are not bombing women and children, unless he has PROOF otherwise I think that is a serious mischaracterization of what going on...

Even if unintentionally we hit civilian women and children, The casualy number pales in comparison to the number of civilians that have been and would continue to be killed by the Hussein regime if its left in place...

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Anyone want to place a bet that this guy was chanting "baby killers" back in the 60's/70's?

iceblizzard69
03-28-2003, 01:24 PM
My idiot congressman says another stupid thing. This guy also said that we should reinstate the draft to sway public opinion against the war. I can't believe this asshole keeps on getting elected. In my area, there are no advertizements for congressional elections, and since everyone here is a Democrat, this moron easily gets elected. He got like 85% of the vote in the last election. His jurisdiction (Upper West Side and West Harlem) is way too liberal, if this guy was in another area, he would never get elected.

:monkey: Rangel

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 01:27 PM
DUDE!! You have to put up with Jets fans AND this dumbass? MOVE TO FLORIDA!!! Almost as many Jets fans and bad politicians, but at least you also get some Phin fans and Cuban politicians to balance things out....:)

iceblizzard69
03-28-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
DUDE!! You have to put up with Jets fans AND this dumbass? MOVE TO FLORIDA!!! Almost as many Jets fans and bad politicians, but at least you also get some Phin fans and Cuban politicians to balance things out....:)

Oh don't worry, I want to move!!! I hate New York!

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Not this again :shakeno:

The "Killers of Women and Children" in 'Nam :nono: .... if those women and children were shooting at me you bet yer sweet arse I'd cap 'em!

I regret any colateral casulties... but this is war... and the number of civilians getting hurt and killed would be MUCH higher if we were actually targeting them... it's ridiculous to imply that we are... if we didn't care about the civilian population in Iraq.... Baghdad would be a crater right now....
Imagine how many civilians would die if we didn't have the technology we're using!

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 01:57 PM
After accusing American GIs of what amounts to the commission of war crimes, Rangel then slammed President Bush as unqualified to lead the U.S. into war.

and what exactly makes Rangel the expert?? all those daily briefings from the Chiefs of staff, the CIA, and military advisors??
How many of those has he recieved? any?

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 01:58 PM
A lot more civilians, and a lot fewer US troops. We're trading our lives for theirs, and people STILL bring this crap up.......

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat
and what exactly makes Rangel the expert?? all those daily briefings from the Chiefs of staff, the CIA, and military advisors??
How many of those has he recieved? any?

Hillary is keeping him informed....she knows EVERYTHING!!!!...:rolleyes:

DrAstroZoom
03-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Rangel is SUCH an idiot. He's the type of liberal that makes even Democrats go, "Hey Charlie, take it down a notch, will ya?"

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 02:36 PM
It's a pity that the same people who voted for Moynahan, also vote for slime like this guy and Hillary. Moynahan was a politician who stood up for his beliefs and could be respected. This joker however...

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Hillary is keeping him informed....she knows EVERYTHING!!!!...:rolleyes:

Unless it has to do with her husband's "clandestine activities" :rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Heck, she probably knew about that as well.

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Heck, she probably knew about that as well.

So then she was lying whe she expressed her shock and dismay?

PhinPhan1227
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: NO!!! She would NEVER lie!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 06:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: NO!!! She would NEVER lie!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:spit:

Sniper
03-28-2003, 08:27 PM

Congressman Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., is accusing U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq of killing civilian women and children - in a series of allegations that includes the charge that President Bush is not qualified to be commander in chief.

"I just don't believe that you bomb women and children in order to enforce [the U.N. resolution on Iraq]," the Harlem Democrat told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" Thursday night.

When challenged on his claim that U.S. forces were killing Iraqi children, Rangel said sarcastically, "You're right. They're shooting themselves. They just don't know they're being liberated."

"With all due respect to the president, I don't think he has the experience for me to be listening to him on how the war's going or what we should be doing," the left-wing Democrat and Hillary Clinton ally complained. "It would be a tremendous stretch to say that I have an appreciation for the president's knowledge of international politics."

This is a little much. Rangel should apologize. I really mean this.

That being said, which newspaper is this from? Or is this an excerpt from the Fox News website? The conservative bias in it is very apparant. Just report the news and leave out the propogandist labels like "left-wing" and "Hillary Clinton ally." The slant in this message is unmistakeably.

(I also know the news websites I use have a liberal slant, but they are also not mass media that can influence millions of people.)

themole
03-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
This is a little much. Rangel should apologize. I really mean this.

That being said, which newspaper is this from? Or is this an excerpt from the Fox News website? The conservative bias in it is very apparant. Just report the news and leave out the propogandist labels like "left-wing" and "Hillary Clinton ally." The slant in this message is unmistakeably.

(I also know the news websites I use have a liberal slant, but they are also not mass media that can influence millions of people.)

Sniper, I saw it and heard last night on Hannity & Colmes. He said it, He meant it and he was discusting. With the likes of people like Rangle and Dashelle in office perhaps the next war should be staged in the halls of congress.

In times of war we do not need that kind of crap being talked.

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by themole

Agreed mole.... perhaps we should send him out with the 7th Cav, and see how well he does discriminating targets....

ohall
03-28-2003, 08:44 PM

He does that stuff all the time, and he will continue to do it, because no one will ever call him what he is. All he does is stir things up to make a name for himself. He's a VET of the Korean war, and he served his country bravely, but he's a jerk and has been one for years.

By the way if he starts apologizing for this he won't be shutting up for quite some time. He's a low ball politician, and always has been.

Oliver...

ohall
03-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
My idiot congressman says another stupid thing. This guy also said that we should reinstate the draft to sway public opinion against the war. I can't believe this asshole keeps on getting elected. In my area, there are no advertizements for congressional elections, and since everyone here is a Democrat, this moron easily gets elected. He got like 85% of the vote in the last election. His jurisdiction (Upper West Side and West Harlem) is way too liberal, if this guy was in another area, he would never get elected.

:monkey: Rangel

Umm there's a reason he keeps getting elected, because there are many ppl who think just like him. Obviously the area he represents agrees with him and his tactics, he's been doing this for decades.

Oliver...

Sniper
03-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Sniper, I saw it and heard last night on Hannity & Colmes. He said it, He meant it and he was discusting. With the likes of people like Rangle and Dashelle in office perhaps the next war should be staged in the halls of congress.

I did not watch it on TV, so I don't know what was said. I am basing my opinion on the excerpt above. If he said it during the interview as it is portrayed here, then it is terrible. I fully agree with you. He should apologize and even be admonished for it. It is sickening.

Still, that doesn't excuse this "news" organization from being sleazy. They should just report what Rangel said and not try to link someone else to it by guilt through association. If Hillary Clinton also said this, then fine let her have it. People learn by association and this really is a subtle and effective form of propoganda. People who don't have the intellectual tools to know any better will almost automatically fall for this. They are highly prone to suggestion and don't realize it.

Fair and balanced :rolleyes:

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sniper
I did not watch it on TV. I 100% agree with you on this. It is crap that he said it and I think he should apologize. It is sickening.

They should just report it and not try to link others to having said that. If Hillary Clinton also said this or expressed these viewpoints in anyway, then fine, let her have it. People learn by association and this really is a subtle form of propoganda.

Hillary may not have said that... but she has certainly said quite a bit that would align herself with that point of view... not surprising really, she did marry a draft dodger that dind't inhale :rolleyes:

ohall
03-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Rangel is SUCH an idiot. He's the type of liberal that makes even Democrats go, "Hey Charlie, take it down a notch, will ya?"

Sorry I've never heard a Dem politician ever mention one word about asking him to calm down. In fact I've heard many of them joke we'll get Charlie on you if you keep it up. He's obviously has the support of his political party. If he didn't he would have been outed a long time ago for what he is. This is kind of tame actually of good ole Charlie.

Oliver...

ohall
03-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Hillary may not have said that... but she has certainly said quite a bit that would align herself with that point of view... not surprising really, she did marry a draft dodger that dind't inhale :rolleyes:

Well Hillary takes both sides of any issue, sometiems 3 sides, she learned from the BEST!

Oliver...

Sniper
03-28-2003, 08:51 PM

Just, let her words implicate her and not someone else's.

themole
03-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Agreed mole.... perhaps we should send him out with the 7th Cav, and see how well he does discriminating targets....

:lol: And this crap coming from a Bronze Star winner in the Korean conflict.

WharfRat
03-28-2003, 09:19 PM
:lol: And this crap coming from a Bronze Star winner in the Korean conflict.

That's just sad :nono:

iceblizzard69
03-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Oliver
Umm there's a reason he keeps getting elected, because there are many ppl who think just like him. Obviously the area he represents agrees with him and his tactics, he's been doing this for decades.

Oliver...

I live in his jurisdiction, and he gets voted in because this is a liberal area. Manhattan as a whole is an extremely liberal place. The people on the Upper West Side in his jurisdiction are mostly all liberal, and the people in Harlem are almost all liberal too. There are no ads for congressional elections here, and I can guarantee that many of the people here don't know who their congressman is, and they vote for him because of his party. I know who he is and he is completely retarded, and my mom has never voted for this asshole. In Manhattan, congressional campaigns don't really have advertizements, etc., because the areas are so small that when you cross the street you can be in a different district, and Democrats outnumber Republicans by a 5:1 ratio.

mleu
03-29-2003, 08:16 PM
This guy's a moron.

dolfan06
04-01-2003, 03:37 AM

"With all due respect to the president, I don't think he has the experience for me to be listening to him on how the war's going or what we should be doing," the left-wing Democrat and Hillary Clinton ally complained. "It would be a tremendous stretch to say that I have an appreciation for the president's knowledge of international politics." can you impeach a congressman?

iceblizzard69
04-01-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
can you impeach a congressman?

Yeah, the guy from Ohio was kicked out of congress a few years ago. I hope Rangel gets kicked out but it is unlikely. :(

dolfan06
04-01-2003, 09:42 AM

oh gee, i guess we should just slap em on the wrist and say "nono", that should get some response!

and who put the GI's in the roll as "baby killers" anyway!